Resolved how to start an essay about why i should be student council treasurer?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Blazingprincess, Sep 30, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazingprincess

Blazingprincess Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sooooooooooo.. I'm in student council rn for my school and if you want to apply for a position you have to write an essay explaining why you fit the job and stuff. I decided to run for treasurer because I felt like it will have least competition. I suck at writing essays so I don't really know how to start it because I don't know if there is supposed to be a different format for writing and essay explaining why u fit the role because I've only written essays for DBQ's and stuff. How would you start an essay about explaining qualifications for something and stuff?

*already turned in essay and recorded speech now just promoting until 24th october cuz thats when people are gonna vote.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Dark abyss soul likes this.
  2. Despairing Prince

Despairing Prince Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would suggest having a clear thesis and having 3 topic sentences. I believe a two page paper would work well. Maybe even a one page paper if you're cocky enough. I don't really know what your thesis would be but it would be something along the line like "The treasurer of the student council is a very important role and I believe i would be able to take over the role to the best of my abilities." Then just go one to say why you are good to fit the role as your topic sentences. Maybe have each topic sentence be one of your strengths like math and responsibility. Don't copy my thesis by the way XD Don't want you to get in trouble with plagiarism XD

Blazingprincess likes this.
  3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    why you fit?
    start with what that job responsibility
    then goes to your ability, plus point and related experience to steal that job
    foala done~

you can even add flowery words for da lol(no don't do that)
    student council..........
    hah~ only bad memories about that thing

shot almost forget you can also put how you make program or something like that if you get that position
    hmm I mean how you will solve current problem and how you will solve potential and unexpected problem

4. CyberCypher

CyberCypher Air Breather

Reading List:
    Link
    first of start with this " I love the monies so you got to give em the monies"
    just kidding
    It would be best to separate your essay into three parts, intro,body, and conclusion
    in the intro - explain the duties of the treasurer as well as the base requirements for the job
    in the body - explain why you would fit the role of the treasurer such as prior experience, personal traits, and how you would improve the student council just by being there
    in the conclusion - summarize the body in to 1 -3 sentences
    and end with the sentence " I love the ladies but not as much as I love the monies" ( jk)

5. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    You should probably write about what skills and abilitys a tresurer should have and how you fitt the criteria.

6. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    Talk about how students are apt examined of inculcating fiscal responsibility and budget management methods at an early age and how it translates to good economics for the overall populace in the long run to have a financially aware student body, as that enables seamless transition to adult life where the challenge of independent money management often stumps several people

7. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    Write: I am a hungry person, i maximise the amount of snacks i can eat with the allowed budget. If you choose me, i can effectively manage the student council budget.

MrSplashy and Blazingprincess like this.
  8. valzione

valzione Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's like any essay you have ever written, you just have to write in neutral manner why you'd fit the position using examples that aren't examples (don't write stuff like "I got the position because I'm good with monies" but rather like " from young age I have always been careful about my habits yadda yadda...")

9. Eruxol

Eruxol Du-sollst――Dies irae

Reading List:
    Link
    unnamed (1).gif
    Give them this.

Blazingprincess and SoulZer0 like this.
  10. Siceraria

Siceraria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Introductory Paragraph: Why I, your father, Meng Hao should be your treasurer with 3 manifestos.
    Supporting Paragraph 1: How I will bashfully speak with people and form debt good karma with them
    Supporting Paragraph 2: How I will con spirit stones from everyone make sure we have enough spirit stones.
    Supporting Paragraph 3: How I make your other courting death applicants cough up blood in comparison to how I'm much better than them.
    Conclusion: How I tie everything together and make you see Mt. Tai and follow Lord Fifth as a seafood dish~~~~~~~

11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    you~ hmm really I though it was monkey not monies
    fumu~ that will make good starter as
    researcher~
    19668.png

12. BarryKaizer

BarryKaizer your crazy fairy godmother of death

Reading List:
    Link
    start off with the skulls of our enemies shall be placed upon gold rods with lots of runes and diamonds

13. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    There was no student council in my school, or even in most of the school in my country back then. So to be honest, watching anime is one thing, but I still don't understand why the need of student council.

Ddraig and Blazingprincess like this.
  14. MidnightWisp

MidnightWisp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Somebody on the student council once promised a fountain of kool aid if we voted for him. We never did get our fountain of kool aid.
    This was in elementary school try telling jokes to be more memorable and get the kids votes

Ai chan and Blazingprincess like this.
  15. Tim Tam

Tim Tam Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically from my experience when I applied and got the job, I talked about my experience and achievements as a member of the council for 4 years and how "good" my grade were this is key by the way along with how responsible you are even if you're not.

Also being in a student council working with others you always want to emphasize your communication ability and team working skills.

To be honest put down all your good characteristics, lie about all your bad one tell them what they want to hear.

I know this is not part of it but talk to whoever will be giving you the job and be friendly and get to know them. Bribe them if you must!

16. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan doesn't normally write an essay, but Ai-chan feels pity for you. Therefore, Ai-chan writes it for you. Whether you fit this essay or not, that's not Ai-chan's problem. Also, fix the grammatical errors yourself.

p/s: It is okay to make it short. You're writing an essay, not a project proposal. Short and concise does the trick. Ain't nobody got the time to read all the boring essays.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  17. IRandomGuy

IRandomGuy ohhh, custom title...

Reading List:
    Link
    All of the stuff above is great, but also remember to:
    Appeal to your audience. Who is your audience? Is it some teacher that act as club adviser? The current student coucil? Etc. Knowing your audience give you the chance to tailor your paper to their preference. Ex. Are they joker? Straight lace? What are some current problem that might have been troubling them that you can solve?
    Know your competitors. Who are you going against? Some freshman that just running for the experience? State your experience. Some control freaks?(can voucher as treasurer). Throw something about financial responsible but also open to suggestions. Some saints that in 3+ clubs and still do community service in their free time? don't trap yourself in contest if you are not going to win, switch focus(and also something about giving your all for the group[no distraction])

Tldr: information is the key.

And tell us more about those 2 thing I mentioned.

18. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    They want you to seal the contract with guarantee with your personal dignity as the bargaining chips.

You basically agree to warranty their demands if you're writing your strong point etc. Instead make them know you're applying for the experience.

19. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    this ^^^^^^

20. insania

insania Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly agree that I cannot understand why there is a need for a student council as well. After all, unlike in animes, mangas, light novels and galgames, they hardly even do anything of significance in real life. In fact, I cannot even remember the student council in my previous school doing anything of significance at all.

Rumby and Blazingprincess like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.