Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Atemues

Atemues Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. tailor31415

tailor31415 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yesss I saw those yesterday and fell in love :aww:
    I can't wait for the scenes with him as a child getting planted and buried with rabbits! and of course, to see it in animated form too, I'll cry from sweetness :blobsob:
    speaking of sweetness: https://archiveofourown.org/works/16141247

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  3. kitkat2010

kitkat2010 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I found sub files for audio drama 1-7, 9, 10, and 11. If anyone has ep 8, even in rough text, can I get it? I'm working on hard subs now.

Also if anyone can translate 12-14, I'd be happy to help hard sub.

Note: I have asked Attica for permission to offer the hard subs for download with credit to her for the subs.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  4. salbireo

salbireo RanWan ❤

Reading List:
    Link
  5. tailor31415

Reading List:
    Link
  6. tailor31415

Reading List:
    Link
    chapter 71 is out!! it's so painful it made me a cry a little :blobsob: I just want everyone to be happy and alive nooo

Without waiting for him to finish talking, Wei WuXian’s expression changed. He suddenly stood up, “Lan Zhan!” Behind him, red light had begun to glow within the eyes of the girls. Wei WuXian, “Stop it.” Thus, the girls lowered their heads and retreated, but still they stared unwaveringly at Lan WangJi.

7. salbireo

salbireo RanWan ❤

Reading List:
    Link
    Wei WuXian lifted his hand, gesturing for them to move to the side. He shook his head as he spoke, “Lan Zhan, you really do become more boring the older you grow. You’re still so young. It’s not like you’re in your seventies, so don’t copy your uncle all the time, thinking of nothing but scolding others.”

Lan WangJi turned around and walked a step closer to him, “Wei Ying, it is still best if you come back to Gusu with me.”
    Wei Ying, Lan Zhan really worried about you, he doesn't want you got bad consequences for what you did, so he comes to Yunmeng and looking for you to fetch your back to Gusu.. :blobconfounded:

8. StarSaber

StarSaber <3 Everyday is Everyday.... secretly Wei Wuxian.

Reading List:
    Link
    The peony bookmark!

I wonder how much of this will be in the animation. People are speculating that WWX will die the next episode and all season 2 and 3 will be the present. I just don't see how, unless his time at the Yiling Patriarch will be flashbacks.

setsuna3025 and xbeautifulyang like this.
  9. tailor31415

Reading List:
    Link
    yes, the peony finally showed up! I wonder if LWJ slipped it into his sleeve before throwing down all the other flowers...
    maybe they'll do a time skip to his death at the end of ep 15 and everything between the Sunshot Campaign and his death as flashbacks in S2? there's no way to fit all this in otherwise...

Aeli likes this.
  10. chiino

chiino Lady Nie [scheming with my hubby, Huaisang]

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 71 was sad. Also, it was mentioned in previous posts that Jiang Cheng maybe didn't know his sister liked Jin Zixuan but this chapter confirms that he did know. While Wei Ying and himself didn't like him it wasn't up to them on who Jiang Yanli chose to like.

I've also noted that Wei Ying has his memories here and he can remember that it was Jiang Yanli who tried to catch him when he fell out of the tree, but in the future when Lan Zhan catches him he can't remember that it was her? Doesn't he say something like some maiden tried to catch him but failed? I think it was a MTL version posted somewhere on here or maybe somewhere else that I read this... Is he being selective with his memories or really can't remember because it was Yanli who caught him?

11. StarSaber

Reading List:
    Link
    Less than a week to find out. :blobpensive: It's possible teh surprise they announce is an OVA with his time as the Yiling Patriach, but so doubtful.

xbeautifulyang likes this.
  12. chiino

Reading List:
    Link
    The pace has been too slow to me to show his death already. I am personally hoping season 1 was the first set of flashbacks, season 2 will be the second set of flashbacks and season 3 will be the present time.

Apsara_ and StarSaber like this.
  13. vrotki

vrotki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cute naming runs in the family :aww:
    "Give me back Princess, give me back Jasmine, give me back Love!"

14. StarSaber

Reading List:
    Link
    It would make sense to me if it was like this. But, I saw a screenshot someone said was from the production team that said season 2 will be the present. But, I don't read Chinese so it might be false info.

chiino likes this.
  15. kitkat2010

kitkat2010 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they might continue with flashbacks in season 2, then have a flashback episode covering eps 1 and 2 of season 1 before going back to present.

Or maybe season 2 will go back to present and the other flashbacks will follow during their journey.

16. tailor31415

Reading List:
    Link
    imo WWX isn't the most reliable for narration or dialogue to determine what happened in the past because...he either lies exaggerates a lot or doesn't remember a majority of the past (until he has the flashbacks). for example, when he gets revived, he says something along the lines of I may have had a bad reputation, but I never exacted revenge but...we know he did get revenge on all the Wen dogs!

17. StarSaber

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I remembering this wrong or something amiss here. WWX said he doesn't remember what happened up to his death, right? Like LWJ protecting him and passing energy to him. But, he remembers how he died though, right? He was telling someone he died from a backfire, not from JC killing him. I don't remember where that conversation took place, but it was after his rebirth. So, is it he remembers his death, but not the few weeks before it? o_O

chiino likes this.
  18. chiino

Reading List:
    Link
    Thought I would also comment on this... I'm not sure what chenqing was made of, whether its jade or bamboo to me doesn't really matter but if its had this tassel all along - I think is the most important thing. This tassel is like Lan Zhan's waistband tassel that he wears on his uniform, while different colours (the scene is dark so its possible they are both white jade and not one being blue jade).. its still the same shape?? To me maybe this is more representing Wei Ying than anything. Its his own way, subconsciously remembering Zhan/ having a piece of him on him. When he's dying in the donghua we get to see some of his memories and the one with Lan Zhan stands out the most.

Lan Zhan also wanted this flute because it was Wei Ying's but maybe it was more than that. It was a flute made with a piece of memory that Wei Ying clung to densely, unknowingly of his feelings towards Lan Zhan. Maybe Lan Zhan could see that and wanted the flute not just because (but because) of Wei Ying, but also for what the flute meant to Wei Ying ---- I'm not sure we will get much depth into the flute with the novel but maybe the donghua is trying to put more meaning into these things for us.

I also went back and looked for this part in chapter 71
    Lan WangJi’s light eyes examined the sensual girls coldly. Immediately after, his gaze landed on the coal-black, red-tasseled flute by Wei WuXian’s waist.
    Is the string only red but the jade piece still jade or is the whole thing supposed to be red including the jade piece meaning the donghua changed that for more feels?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  19. chiino

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm beginning to think he has selective memory. Anything that had to do with people he cared about - Lan Zhan, Jiang Cheng, and Jiang Yanli (even Yu Ziyuan and Jiang Fengmian) he seemed to have blocked out? lol

LoveManga and setsuna3025 like this.
  20. tailor31415

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's something they included and it's supposed to be all red

something I've been wondering (and ignore me if this was in ep 15 that I haven't watched yet), will we ever get to see LXC use his xiao flute and not just his sword?

chiino and readerz like this.