Spoiler Rebirth: Degenerate Slave Abuses Tyrant

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Anuska, Jun 27, 2018.

1. MeatbunMeng

MeatbunMeng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Long Xuan is intelligent to begin with (I mean, how old was he when LW was reborn as a kid? And he already had been plotting and also had quite the network for it) but what makes him even scarier is that he is able and willing to utilize anything he has in his hands in order to achieve his goal.
    Even though he has a strong feeling for LW then, he still sacrificed him in order to get the throne (he rationalized it by thinking that LW wouldn't suffer too badly even if he did that, and that he (LX) could survive this way and at the same time will be able to treat LW better and give him everything he wants after he becomes the emperor).
    Then Long Xuan killed the crown prince LY and later lied to his father (the former emperor) about the death of both LW and LY so that Long Xuan became the only best choice to succeed the throne.
    So yeah, the people in this novel actually have chances to outsmart each other when they put effort into it. The more important characters don't have any halo protecting them, but they're also not just your typical canon fodder who are more often than not, quite stupid but still have good luck to save them:blobcheeky:. Of course sometimes luck also plays a role here, but just a teeeny bit:blobwink:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  2. Fundle

Fundle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read all the replies but they still confusing. Can someone just tell me strait out. -When and how does Lui wei die in his second life.
    When and how does his chosen male lead Wei lui- die in his second life.

I read the crapy note authors note at the end and I understand that there is some ambiguous romantic gestures for there life 3rd life.I don't need that elaborated.

I just need to know the present.
    if life 1 is the past. life 2 is there present. and life 3 is the future.

Just tell how he dies dammit. And if he's ever happy in the present besides those two years.
    PS. I don't read tragedies because who wants a bitter ending. no thanks(I read to escape not to be sad) but the story line is good so now I must know.

Blood A likes this.
  3. Matpatpat

Matpatpat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I MTLed the novel so I don't know the exact details and some things might be off but. Please excuse the word vomit :blobsweat: I just love this novel and think a lot of the details are important:blobmelt:

Background to understand their deaths
    Long Xuan separated Luo Wei and Wei Lan for many years. Long Xuan basically fed Wei Lan a drug that made him forget his entire life. He then had a distant female cousin (who Luo Wei had saved earlier) from his mother's side care for Wei Lan. Wei Lan didn't know how to speak or eat... basically how to function. When he gets better he marries the cousin out of appreciation for her care/idk if he loved her?... To show Luo Wei that Wei Lan is out of his reach, Long Xuan allows him to meet Wei Lan at his wedding and find out there that Wei Lan has no idea who he is. Luo Wei decides to keep their relationship secret and allow him to have a "happy family and life." Luo Wei thinks being with him has caused nothing but pain, he can't give him kids ect... also crazy ass guys are constantly drawn to him.

They basically never see each other again except for like one meeting in passing and another when Luo Wei sees him with his family and barely holds himself together while saying Wei Lan's family is beautiful. At the time, Wei Lan only knows of Luo Wei's cruel and bloody reputation (more on that later) so when they meet he's nervous and scared Luo Wei might hurt his family. After seeing Luo Wei and talking he feels drawn to him and wants to meet him again and serve him :blobsad: but Luo Wei refuses.

During this time, Luo Wei's doctor/confidante/friend has been working on a medicine to restore Wei Lan's memories and when he gives it to Luo Wei, Luo Wei immediately destroys it saying that Wei Lan already has a family and Luo Wei will just destroy his life and he's so sick he'll die much earlier making Wei Lan sad. But Luo Wei is also depressed because Wei Lan will go to the afterlife with his wife while Luo Wei will be alone :blobsob:
    How Luo Wei dies
    During their separation, Long Xuan tries to win over Luo Wei by giving him a lot of power/leeway. For example, when Long Xuan went to the battlefield, he named Luo Wei regent. Luo Wei spends all his time getting revenge against people who hurt him and his family and making a lot of enemies. He develops a cruel reputation and everyone thinks he caused Long Xiang's (Long Xuan's brother) and Long Xiang's wife's deaths.

Years later, at an event, Luo Wei is stabbed by Long Xiang's son (I'm pretty sure) and because he was already very sick and constantly bedridden from all the horrible things that happened to him over the years, this is basically the final nail in the coffin. While he's bleeding out Luo Wei calls out for Wei Lan and Long Xuan is like "I'll get him if you promise to live!" and "if you survive I'll let him take you away and you can be with him" but then Luo Wei changes his mind immediately like "I'm going to die. I don't want him to be sad." and orders that Wei Lan can't see him. He slips into a coma and wakes up weeks/months later.

After he wakes up Luo Wei knows he's going to die soon and tell's Long Xuan that, "I don't hate you. You ruined my life and I killed everyone in yours so we're even. I just want us to never ever meet in this life or the next." He also says that his oldest brother knows he woke up and will come get him. Big bro shows up and takes Luo Wei away and Luo Wei asks to see Wei Lan so the brother takes him to Wei Lan's Hosue. While they're right outside in the carriage, Luo Wei sees through the curtain that Wei Lan is with his family and playing with his kids so he just stays in the carriage until he dies crying in his brothers arms, watching Wei Lan until his vision gets blurry.

Wei Lan's death
    Decades after Luo Wei died, Wei Lan's grandson is telling him that his teacher said Wei Lan's name means "mist in the valleys" and Wei Lan has a freak out about how someone important said that to him and gave him his name (from chapter 40 >_>). He won't stop talking about it and gets sick. His wife and his friends go to his bedside (Luo Wei's brothers, Xie Yu, Ning Fei) and he asks them who said "Wind and mountains makes ‘lan’, it means mist in the valleys"? Wei Lan's wife breaks down (she's felt guilty for stealing Wei Lan and betraying Luo Wei) and finally reveals the truth about Luo Wei but that he's been dead for years. Wei Lan dies right after and his soul goes with Luo Wei (who's spirit has been waiting for Wei Lan) to the after life.

Luo Wei Happy?
    No. He is never happy. The only times you could say he's happy is 1.) when he brutally murders and gets revenge against people, 2.) when Wei Lan is mentioned, 3.) when he sees Wei Lan, and 4.) when he can finally die. But those situations are all laced with grief and tragedy so :blobneutral:
    If anyone has a better recollection/understanding of it, please feel free to correct me :blobsweat: I'd really appreciate knowing the accurate story!

4. Anuska

Anuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I cried just reading the spoilers T_T

Matpatpat likes this.
  5. Matpatpat

Reading List:
    Link
    Long Xuan is an amazing adapter...
    There's a battle with a neighboring country. Long Xuan was supposed to go and sabotage Luo Wei's brother so the prince of the neighboring kingdom would win and Luo Wei's brother would be ruined and murdered (bringing down the power of the family). Luo Wei manages to stop their schemes and Long Xuan's supporters (I think it's his maternal family and uncle) are revealed as traitors and executed/sold to slavery. Afterwards, Luo Wei returns a hero who managed to win the war and kill the king of the neighboring country (or they attribute the death to Luo Wei). The neighboring country and their new king hate Luo Wei.

Afterwards, Luo Wei receives a lot of awards and praise and the Luo family is elevated in power. Empress Dowager doesn't know why the emperor keeps favoring this little upstart until she sees him and realizes that he's the son of the emperor and the dead Luo daughter. She orders that Luo Wei be kidnapped and sold into prostitution. Wei Lan saves Luo Wei and the emperor orders the Empress Dowager's people be executed and her locked in a tiny shrine.

This situation is when 1.) the start of Luo Wei's lifelong sickness 2.) when he realizes that Wei Lan was the man who gave him kindness in the first life 3.) he devotes himself to Wei Lan. But, this is also important because Long Xuan sneaks in to see the Empress Dowager (she supports him vs. Long Yu, son of the Empress). She reveals to him that the emperor favors Luo Wei because he's his son with the woman he loved and lost.

Long Xuan at this point has nothing and was despotic that he'd never be Emperor and worried that the Emperor is grooming Luo Wei to succeed him (he's right). Note, the kingdom is also facing many issues (I think a famine? and other conflicts). Long Xuan bumps into an official from the neighboring country mentioned prior. He plans to use the official to get rid of Luo Wei (not permanently but just until Long Xuan can acquire the throne). He reveals that Luo Wei is a prince and because the king wants revenge against Luo Wei they should ask Luo Wei be sent as a political hostage in the peace treaty.

Because of this, Luo Wei is going to be sent to a hostile kingdom. Wei Lan and the Dragon Guard plan to smuggle him out of the capital so he can run away with Wei Lan. Long Xuan knows about this plan and reveals to Long Yu where to intercept Luo Wei. At this point, though Luo Wei supported Long Yu, Long Yu doesn't know him well and considers him a threat. Long Yu intercepts Luo Wei and it's revealed he was trying to run away. The emperor is extremely upset Long Yu did this because he wanted Luo Wei to escape. The emperor never wanted to send him as a hostage (but because of all the problems in the kingdom they cannot afford to be attacked atm). Seeing no escape, Luo Wei agrees to go but refuses to allow Wei Lan to go. He's afraid Wei Lan will get killed to get back at him. He orders Wei Lan to join the military and make something of himself beyond Luo Wei. Wei Lan refuses but Luo Wei then says that Wei Lan must become a general and be the one who brings Luo Wei home.

Long Xuan objects :blobunamused: to Luo Wei being a hostage. Because of this, the emperor thinks Long Xuan is a loving brother while Long Yu is cruel. Long Yu falls out of favor while Long Xuan is the new hot shit. Since Luo Wei is away (being brutally tortured, raped and psychologically abused but that is a whole nother issue :blob_coughblood:) no one can stop Long Xuan from continuing to gain the emperor's favor, making new connections and solidifying his power. I think at this point the emperor's health deteriorates so Long Xuan is given more authority.

When there's news that Luo Wei died in the neighboring country (Wei Lan rescued him and faked his death so they could live in peace = the 2 year happiness :blobsob:) the emperor coughs blood and becomes fatally ill and bedridden. He hates and blames Long Yu because if Luo Wei had escaped with Wei Lan earlier he never would have been a hostage and died. Long Xuan uses this opportunity to kill Long Yu and solidify his ascension as emperor.

tldr. Long Xuan manipulates it so: 1.) Luo Wei is sent away 2.) the emperor hates Long Yu 3.) Long Yu falls out of favor 4.) the emperor favors Long Xuan.

Long Xuan is very very smart. Honestly, if he didn't have that major character flaw of being fucking crazy, he'd be a likable character.

Lowkey I consider this to have the best love story :blobsmilehappyeyes: Wei Lan<3Luo Wei for LIFE. It's a tragedy of the highest magnitude, I still cry on my re-reads, but it's a very moving and deep tale of two people who sacrifice and love each other above all.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  6. Anuska

Anuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow! Honestly wow ^O^
    Long xuan seems so OP! Sadly I hate him -_-

7. MeatbunMeng

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a compact and quite an accurate summary of the events. However, I need to point out something:
    Wei Lan never gets nervous or scared of Luo Wei even with all of Luo Wei's bloody reputation. I think he has subconsciously always been longing for Luo Wei. He tried several times to be granted a meeting with Luo Wei, but was refused. In the end he also gave up on it and didn't contact Luo Wei for a long time because his family (LW's father and brothers) persuaded him not to do it. On the other hand, Wei Lan's wife is nervous, scared and also a little bit jealous of Luo Wei. She did pull away her son from Luo Wei (Luo Wei was also a little bit surrpised by that, because he knew that she thought he was going to hurt her son, which was impossible considering who the father was) and tried to usher her family to leave Luo Wei at that one party in the palace.

Another thing is, Wei Lan's wife never told him the truth about Luo Wei. In fact, nobody did. I think she only freaked out a little bit because Wei Lan kept repeating that phrase about his name. So she told him that it's possible that she had also mentioned that phrase to him before (she has no idea what that phrase was about at all though:facepalm:)

The only other person who knows the background of Wei Lan's name was Long Shi / Ten. And he didn't tell Wei Lan even after being asked. He only explained this to Luo Qi.

Wei Lan dreamt of Luo Wei right before he died and shouted out "Gong zi! (Young master!)". She did give Luo Wei's half of the pair jade back to Wei Lan after Wei Lan died and told him to go to Luo Wei and be happy with him.

I hope this helps:blobwink:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  8. Anuska

Anuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to the prince of other country? The one who was in love with Luo Wei?

9. Matpatpat

Reading List:
    Link
    Angel! :blobangel:

Thank you :blobxd:

MeatbunMeng likes this.
  10. DemFeels

DemFeels Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My heart hurts for LW, poor boy was alone for not one lifetime but two. I can't imagine the pain he went through.

11. Matpatpat

Reading List:
    Link
    I skimmed the majority of their first meeting (the war arc) and subsequent arc (hostage arc) but...
    He (it google translated to Sima QingSha?? So I’ll call him SQS) and Luo Wei met during the war. His brother, their country’s crown prince (?), colluded with Long Xuan to invade. Luo Wei causes his father’s death near the end of the arc so he hates him but also can’t get him out of his mind (he becomes obsessed).

SQS becomes king after the death of his father and the defeat/disappearance of his brother. The brother is taken to safety by a famous general who only supported the brother because he was in love. Luo Wei and his group stumble across them near the end of the war trying to escape? And Luo Wei lets them go.

As king, SQS requested Luo Wei be sent as a hostage to his country because he’s super obsessed with him. When Luo Wei arrives the palace servants take him to the king’s hot spring/bath area? Luo Wei falls asleep waiting for SQS. When SQS comes and sees him he thinks he’s so beautiful but is conflicted because he’s supposed to be the enemy. SQS decides it’d be a great idea to rape Luo Wei :blobneutral: it’s very graphic and goes on for a long time. Luo Wei also gets a lot of scars and injuries from it and it worsens his constitution.

Luo Wei’s life over the next 1-2 years is a vicious cycle of being raped, beaten, and getting sicker from the rapes and beatings. SQS also grows more obsessed and “in love.” I’ll share two things that stuck out in the hostage arc.

1. SQS begins to favor a concubine who has the same accent as Luo Wei. One night he’s with the concubine and becomes upset so orders Luo Wei be brought to him while he’s with her. He then proceeds to rape him in front of the concubine who realizes she was only favored for her accent and also she’s scared as shit because SQS is being very violent and cruel. He noticed Luo Wei isn’t turned on and orders her to “use her mouth.” She does this very reluctantly and right after SQS chokes/snaps her neck for touching Luo Wei :blobneutral:. He leaves the dead body right there so Luo Wei sees it when he wakes up.

2. SQS resorts to using psychological tactics to break Luo Wei. Luo Wei literally does nothing except get raped, beaten and bedridden. The only thing he does besides that is look out his window. SQS orders the window be bricked up so Luo Wei cannot see outside and has to live in complete darkness.

When Luo Wei “dies” (Wei Lan faked his death and saved him) SQS is despondent and grieves/remembers Luo Wei for the rest of his life. His country and Luo Wei’s are at war years later (years after Luo Wei died for real) and he is finally killed in his burning palace by a member of the Luo Family (I can’t remember if it’s a brother or nephew?)

I wouldn’t call it love because he never loved Luo Wei as a person :blobneutral: every time Luo Wei showed his real personality he’d beat him down.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  12. Fundle

Fundle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THANK YOU!
    you summed it up great and now I can reaffirm why I don't read tragedies. Too easy to get invested then they just die without ever being happy! Waaaahhh why did I start reading this.

13. Anuska

Anuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omygod! Luo Wei get raped again!! Noooooooooo I shouldn't have started this I just want him happy. After reading prologue idk what to feel about this. But the story is so good. I'll just cry I think .

14. MeatbunMeng

Reading List:
    Link
    Another correction here, it's quite a long story, so it's understandable to have forgotten stuffs here and there:blobsmilehappyeyes:
    Actually, SQS wasn't killed by LW's nephew, he committed suicide after his palace was besieged, and almost took LW's nephew with him if he hadn't asked his identity before lighting up that room full of oil. [\SPOILER]

15. MeatbunMeng

Reading List:
    Link
    You're welcome:blobmelt:

Matpatpat and DemFeels like this.
  16. Misogi

Misogi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And I just had a discussion with my friend about how i’m not gonna read stories with BE.....well I guess bittersweet in this case but goddamn LW!! Why you gotta suffer in both lives :blobsob: I wanna read but i’m Scared but I wanna see his two years of happiness :blobsob:
    Why is it only two years actually? Did they find him again?

Anuska likes this.
  17. Matpatpat

Reading List:
    Link
    More than you asked for but there's soooooooooo much backstory to everything! I feel like I'm not even explaining it enough :blobtired:
    Note - during the hostage arc, Luo Wei was protecting the relative of Long Xuan who later betrays him and marries Amnesia!Wei Lan. Long Xuan's maternal family was sold as slaves because of what they did in the war arc. Long Xuan uses this girl and her mom to set Luo Wei up to look like he betrayed his country and killed his oldest brother (the brother survives and clears his name later). Long Xuan wanted to make sure Luo Wei could NEVER be emperor. The mom is killed and Luo Wei can't bring himself to kill or let the girl be killed because she's still a child, so he "looks after her".

The hostage arc ends when Wei Lan and an enemy general who supported SQS's brother in the war arc (the one Luo Wei let escape) infiltrate the palace. The general distracts SQS and the guards while Wei Lan goes to Luo Wei. Wei Lan and Luo Wei escape and fake Luo Wei and the girl's death by setting fire to the palace Luo Wei was staying in and have two bodies in the room to look like they burned to death. They separate from the girl right after because Wei Lan cannot escape with both her and Luo Wei.

Backstory - Wei Lan only had his mother and after she died when he was a child he was kidnapped/sold and raised as a shadow guard. He told this to Luo Wei earlier in the story (after the war arc and before the hostage arc) and Luo Wei became enamored with the idea of visiting and settling(?) in the village after he wrecks Long Xuan.

They settle near the village and have a tiny farm and a horse ect... and it’s basically like two years of domestic bliss and fluff :blobmelt:

Long Xuan never believed that Luo Wei died because Wei Lan disappeared and also he's crazy obsessed so he can't bring himself to believe it. Remember the girl Luo Wei saved? She makes her way back to Long Xuan and reveals that he faked his death. Long Xuan spends all his resources searching and eventually finds out where Wei Lan and Luo Wei were hiding... and the rest is history :blobsob:

18. Misogi

Misogi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the spoilers~ and...:blobfearful::blobfearful::blobcry: no goddamn no LX just leave em be!!! they could have gotten old together and live happily without your interference!!! :blobsob:

19. Ezralva

Ezralva Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Matpatpat @MeatbunMeng d'you guys remember how many chapters telling their happy 2 years together? Could it be it's just 4 chapters out of 485 chapters? :cry: :( how many chapters are there for the happy extras with Lan-Wei 3rd life together?
    Cos the premise of that happy 2 years is the only thing drives me to keep reading this so far :(
    I keep asking myself why I start reading this even after seeing this spoiler thread, i'm really not good with BE, it stresses me out..(i'd rather they died together than died separated knowing they still love each other...that's pure torture :blobconfounded:)but now I can't stop anymore #HELP! Plus the translator has done real good job keeping up the regular updates :love:

So from LW's 1st and 2nd lives, Long Xuan never touched LW? Tho ofc i prefer that way, but for some obsessed twisted love he feels for LW, he sure can hold himself back (and why oh why did the author let some stranger raped LW again??)
    Did we ever see wei lan and luo wei getting intimate all the way? Because LW was badly injured while they live together for that 2 years right?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  20. Matpatpat

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t remember how many chapters it was :blobsad: but it was more than 4 chapters. Honestly, there’s a lot of cute sweet moments between Wei Lan and Luo Wei prior to the hostage arc. I think it’s worth it to keep reading just for their relationship :blobmelt:

Does Long Xuan rape Luo Wei?
    Long Xuan never rapes Luo Wei. The most are some forceful kisses but he stops the physical approaches quickly after Luo Wei breaks down. Long Xuan tries to force Luo Wei once but Luo Wei is like "you want to fuck me?" "SQS beat you to it, he raped me more times than you can even imagine ect..." and he just unloads all the shit he went through because of Long Xuan.

Wei Lan and Luo Wei intimate?
    Yes. They get very intimate ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) alot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) like alot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I think it starts around the middle/end of the war arc. Since the amazing translator is currently in the arc and releasing chapters really quickly, you'll probably read it soon ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I know I sound like a broken record but it’s the best love story. They always put each other first and are never selfish when it comes to the other’s happiness. When it comes to the other person, there’s no scheming or possessiveness where they want to isolate them or control them. It’s love and companionship that’s freely given. Even in the better danmei, you don’t see that kind of selfless devotion and sacrifice. And I think the high stakes and hardships helps show it. When Luo Wei and Wei Lan sacrifice it’s a real sacrifice.

I know it's a hard read because of the tragedy but I hope you keep going because it's honestly worth it.