Question What happened to Strange Life of a Cat

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by ShadowkingMS, Oct 2, 2018.

1. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't even think they're limiting their selections to GT. Which is probably why it's not a good idea to do a Qidian novel, as have been advocated by the many people who replies on the Pickup Request thread. On one hand, it's probably a good way to get you noticed by them and probably recruited. On the other hand, you could probably have built a good reader base from the project only to be sent notice from them to stop, since they'll be taking it back.

Either way, their conduct has never been a strong point of theirs from readers'point of view.

2. Black Parcher

Black Parcher The Eternal World Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not going to say qidan is evil because I do like some of their translators, but qidan's bosses where the kids in school who didn't play well with others. Or always instigated a situation to happen for their on benefit types. It's sad but money talks bull ish walks with them. Have seen how they're treating their original content authors. If that contract that someone posted a while back is real I wonder how their translators get treated.

3. bleh360

bleh360 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I was so disappointed. It was like the only novel I came back to QI to check on. Like honestly the only one! Once I stopped reading xianxia novels QI became useless to me. I even uninstalled the app cause like I had no reason to keep it. Strange Life of a Cat was the only thing I read whenever it came out. Cause it barely came out!!

I think everyone is in agreement that QI or Webnovel whatever they wanna call themselves is a breed that brews hypocrisy. Their motto "Always ongoing" stays true cause they never tell you when they stop translating so technically it's ongoing forever. They will pick up a novel and never translate it, so its definitely ongoing.

I started Strange Life of a Cat around the same time I started the one about the Gourmet Food Supplier, both I started on QI. Gourmet Food Supplier was updating fine as I remember even had some exclusive chapters I think, but that novel started to bore me with it's slowness so I have to be in the mood to read it now and I am soooo not in the mood. Now I search the forums of NovelUpdates and scour the Series Finder for tags like "Pets" and "Beast Companions" hoping to find another Charcoal with at least 50 translated chapters and solid 1 chapter a week update frequency. Hamster that lives 233 days seems cool enough, but he lacks the tenacity and realist nature of charcoal and he's probably going to end up being gay cause their is a tag about doting love interest with a shounen ai genre, just makes me shiver that someone would do that to a hamster, I might end up dropping it when that happens.

4. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They have a motto? :eek:
    It has always been BL, so yes it's definitely gonna be gay. Not bestiality, but definitely manxman romance.

5. bleh360

bleh360 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. A couple months ago when I opened the app to check. The Webnovel new logo came bubbling up on the screen and under it was "Always ongoing" it was like along with their logo.

NO NO NO it says Shounen ai not BL. Yaoi = Completely GAY! Shounen ai = Looks kinda gay, it could be gay but we will never see it be gay, like Neil Patrick Harris looks kinda gay, is actually gay, but we never see him on TV be gay! I have a feeling that hamster will tell me his gay thoughts and I will be forced to watch the cuteness turn into something unpleasant for me. Though I hope not until the very end does it happen.

6. GodBrandy

GodBrandy ❮Evil Shitposter❯

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel isn't dropped because there are no dropped novels on Webnovel in the first place. But finding a translator for an unpopular and already translated novel isn't that easy.

Wujigege likes this.
  7. Trisha

Trisha New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It dropped, unfortunately