Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. kitkat2010

kitkat2010 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, don't mind me, but I was thinking of something this morning like as soon as I woke up. I haven't read past the ExS translation, so I don't know if it's in the story but I don't think it would be.

About WWX and LWJ past relationship: Did Lan Wangji just "tolerate" Wei Ying when they were younger, like when they studied together? Then when they were older, WWX "proved" himself in a way by helping kill the turtle beast... After the attack on Lotus Pier and all that, LWJ would have worried for WWX as friends, maybe?
    But after becoming the super gorgeous, strong and powerful Yiling Patriarch, LWJ finally realized he had feelings (i.e. the blindfold kiss :blobnosebleed:) but of course didn't know how to come out.

Because I can totally see how it would work up to that point. And, imo, Yiling Patriarch before his death is probably my favorite of WWX.

If this was already discussed and confirmed, just ignore my randomness. LOL

Hana_rhea, setsuna3025, Sandu and 2 others like this.
  2. Aeli

Aeli Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's only an opinion, but I wouldn't say that LWJ was especially fond of YiLing Partriach version of WWX... Because this gorgeous and powerful image was hiding WWX who was badly hurt and on his way to losing himself. LWJ saw this to some extent and so he tried to bring him back to Cloud Recesses to hide and heal?

After watching the teaser of the ep 15 I'm also a little concerned no matter how amazingly WWX looks...

setsuna3025, Fiorisi, chiino and 2 others like this.
  3. LoveManga

LoveManga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he did barely tolerate WWX. LWJ’s personality is the quite type, on top of which their uncle drilled into him all these rules that are never to be broken, making him a very repressed person. WWX being the mischievous type could not leave the beauty alone. This is another thing, WWX thought LWJ a beauty from the beginning. I would like to think WWX’s behavior, though it annoyed LWJ to the extreme, it had to have left an impression. A negative impression maybe, but still an impression. It’s quite likely LWJ never gave a second thought to anyone outside of family until WWX.

I also think the turtle beast incident shifted LWJ’s perspective of WWX to a more positive feeling. They were in a life and death situation having to depend on each other. LWJ showed never before seen emotions and the bond cemented.

After the Lotus Pier tragedy I think LWJ worried for WWX as more than friends, the continuation of a growing love maybe.

Yiling Patriarch is definitely very very hot and certainly a favorite. I do still love his teenage persona though. :love:

4. kitkat2010

Reading List:
    Link
    True, I remember in the novel he tried to ask WWX to come back to the Cloud Recesses.

I just wonder why he'd suddenly had some guts to kiss WWX (blindfold kiss) when he'd never shown such affection before? Or maybe because it was just he was older? I remember WWX saying "the kiss he was saving for 20 years" - it had taken me a while before I realized he was already Yiling Patriarch at this point.

5. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh @Fiorisi I just remembered what's coming next chapter... are you prepared? Don't worry I'm here to lend you a shoulder...(until he comes back)

setsuna3025, Fiorisi, chiino and 2 others like this.
  6. Loverofanimeandmanga

Loverofanimeandmanga Equality doesn't exactly exist.

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I will not give them the satisfaction of feeling pleased with their foolish actions on tv. :blobexpressionless:
    2. Turn of and turn back on to see if it was an illusion or reality.:cool:
    3. That's just plain embarrassing.:facepalm:
    Last but not least:blobneutral: to ignore them.:blobwoah: even if I loved them.:blobowoevil_horns:

setsuna3025 and LoveManga like this.
  7. Hikari_Akari

Hikari_Akari Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, can you clarify some doubts ...You see, it turns out that I started reading the novel, first in Spanish, then in English and then I read it in Chinese. (Google Translate xd)And as you know, sometimes the translator makes a few rare translations, and that has made me doubt if I am understanding well some parts of the story
    These are my doubts about what I read:
    * Wen ning accidentally killed the spouse of the wxx sister?
    * wwx was under the control of the dwarf?
    * wen ning and if sister were delivered and died burned?
    * why did wwx attack at the meeting?
    * the one that killed wxx's sister was a zombie?
    * What were the sister's last words?
    * the madness of wxx is related to the dwarf?
    * and if not, why did wxx go crazy and release the seal?
    * Until that moment, what remains of the wen are still alive?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  8. Hikari_Akari

Reading List:
    Link
    As you will see my doubts are related only to a particular arc. I would be grateful if you could provide me with answers

LoveManga likes this.
  9. Sandu

Sandu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wei Wuxian was definitely very annoying for Lan Wangji to deal with. On the other hand, I feel as if some of his reactions to WWX during their studying days together at the Cloud Recesses only make sense if he felt attraction towards WWX then in addition to that. My impression was that he found WWX really, really hot from early on, and that that was an extra reason for finding him frustrating. (Not only was WWX insufferable, but he was giving him feelings he didn't know how to deal with!) It might have started sometime during WWX's punishment of writing out the Lan rules, although that's just my guess.

I remember that in chapter 16's flashback, Lan Xichen brought Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng along to help deal with the water ghouls and told Lan Wangji that he only brought them along because "you wish for him to go as well, do you not?" and "because you looked as if you wanted the head disciple of Sect Leader Jiang to come with you". So at the very least, by that time Lan Wangji already actually liked Wei Wuxian deep down and wanted to spend time with him, even if he would never admit it. Lan Xichen really knows how to read his brother.

I'm not sure exactly when Lan Wangji knew for certain that he was attracted to Wei Wuxian, but I'd argue it had to be before the fight with the Tortoise of Slaughter, at the very latest, because of his reaction to seeing Wei Wuxian flirting with MianMian and the way he talked about that when they were trapped in the cave.

(From the Exiled Rebels translation)
    I don't think LWJ would have been able to say that stuff about flirting and turmoil if he wasn't aware that he was the one in turmoil because of it.

vesperia, Hana_rhea, Aeli and 9 others like this.
  10. wistful

wistful Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    -_- kind of a dumb question, but does anyone know where the downloaded file goes? I'm using my friend's ipad and we can't figure out where the audio file went/how I can send it to myself....total apple noob here.

Edit: Ok turns out you can't download the mp3 file from the app, it only plays in the app. So just a warning for anyone who planned on borrowing a friend's Apple device to try downloading it. You can't keep it :(

setsuna3025 and LoveManga like this.
  11. kitkat2010

Reading List:
    Link
    That's right! How could I have forgotten about this? I guess it'd been awhile since I read it, but it was even in the donghua. Or, unless I wasn't too familiar with the characters yet and I thought maybe Lan Xichen was teasing a little. But now I know that his brother doesn't tease.

I'm going to have to pay more attention to small details like this. Okay, okay, so I think it all makes sense now. :blob_grin:

setsuna3025, LoveManga and chiino like this.
  12. Loverofanimeandmanga

Loverofanimeandmanga Equality doesn't exactly exist.

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol WTF I don't mean to be rude when laughing. But lol reading that dwarf part made me laugh anyway most of what you said is correct but I don't think it has anything to do with a dwarf or that Wei Wuxian was being controlled by anyone.
    Yes if I recall in previous spoiler pages it was stated that Wen Ning did infected kill Jin Zixuan. Don't remember why but by this time he was a corpses I think.
    Wei Ying lost control of his powers because Jiang Yanli died I don't know her last words to him. Or on how she actually died.
    The innocent wens got burned to death after Wei yings death encluding when Wen Ning sister.
    The last survivor of the Wens is in facted
    Lan Sizhui

13. chiino

chiino Lady Nie [scheming with my hubby, Huaisang]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, don't know what dwarf is?

-Wen Ning was controlled by Wei Ying's feelings and accidentally killed Jin Zixuan.
    -Wen Ning and Sister gave themselves up, and sister died.
    -Not sure why he attacked at the meeting - which one?
    (Edit, if meaning the meeting where Yanli dies, I think it was a bunch of cultivators attacking Wei Ying or something along those lines and he unleashed corpses and then the seal?)
    -I thought it was another cultivator that killed Yanli, but she was previously attacked by corpses I believe but the final blow was another cultivator.
    -Yanli said something like it was okay to Wei Ying, that she forgave him of sorts and didn't blame him for Jin Zixuan's death, but her words were cut off too I think?
    -Assuming dwarf means resentful energy? Think its more that it works related to his own feelings, which tend to be uncontrollable depending on the situation..
    -Wei Ying was upset his sister died and lost control of himself I think(maybe) in the moment and released the seal.
    -Only dead Wen Ning and Lan Sizhui remain from the Wen Clan.

14. tailor31415

tailor31415 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in my view, he had a crush on him while he was at Gusu (see: water ghouls stuff), realized he really liked him during the time they were apart (why he got so mad about his ribbon being pulled - it was just a joke to WWX), and was already in love with him by the time of the turtle slaughter~

vesperia, Aeli, setsuna3025 and 5 others like this.
  15. Devy_chuu

Devy_chuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Hikari_Akari

Reading List:
    Link
    * wwx was under the control of JGY?
    * the madness of wxx is related to JGY?

17. chiino

chiino Lady Nie [scheming with my hubby, Huaisang]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh okay, I'm not completely sure what parts JGY took part in with all this. I assumed most of it was Wei Ying's feelings (tempting the resentful energy around) and that JGY just played along with others and used the situation to his advantage. I think I've read that he played a bigger part, but I have no idea what it was? .. at least not yet

18. tailor31415

Reading List:
    Link
  19. tailor31415

Reading List:
    Link
    Hana_rhea, Aeli, setsuna3025 and 3 others like this.
  20. IamBuzh

IamBuzh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LMAO JGY as dwarf xD
    Don't even mention about it in front of him. That's a very sensitive issue for him regarding his height ahahahaa.

But yes, all you mentioned on your prev post are correct, except the JGY part.
    WWX was not being controled by JGY, but some of the incident that happened was indeed because of JGY's plans. Like @chiino said, JGY just simply took advantage of WWX condition for his own benefit.

Aeli, setsuna3025, LoveManga and 5 others like this.