Question Grasping evil's horrible release rate

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Harem_lover, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yea. if you throw enough he will think he can quit his job and translate full time and he will probably do it..

and then when u get bored or have enough of the novel and drop it.

oh boy...............

Wujigege likes this.
  2. Houye

Houye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You complain about this release date? I was happy back when it was inactive af for a chapter in a blue moon.

AliceShiki likes this.
  3. alamptr

alamptr What should i put here

Reading List:
    Link
    For 1k ++ chapter this release rate is slow, i expect at least every other day translation.

I am curious why slow translator pick up this project. Is they not considering how many years they need to complete this shit? I mean, let company like qidian or ww translate longer novels, just translate under 500 chapter novel, will ya?

Sabruness likes this.
  4. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Portable harem? what does that even mean?

5. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohohoho @runsing already lured me into this novel. He got me intrigued when he told me about it.

Basically,
    MC has a large harem of "cauldrons" willing to "dual cultivate" with him and instead of having them scattered like most Chinese MC, this guy kept them with him in his space accessible to him at all times. Therefore, portable harem.

I can somewhat understand the frustration for the release rate, but what can be done. That's just the way it is, so while waiting....just read more Danmei.

AliceShiki likes this.
  6. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting :blobamused:

7. Pedram

Pedram Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason why I like to help Grasping Evil's Translation speed up is because of how ordinary and Meeh the early ~200-300 chapter is compared to the latter chapters.
    While I enjoyed it at all time, The story improve so much. and new mysteries and plot point adds up so well. even things that were introduced at early chapters and nobody care, would show a nice twist later on sometimes.

I give you an example and leave it, if you watch Game of Throne, you see a guy that only say Hodor since season 1, nobody cared, but in season 6 after so many years it was revealed why he keep saying Hodor and everyone where like HOLY SHIT.
    stuff like this is what happen in Grasping Evil a lot.

I picked GE in 2016 as a fun time-consumer harem novel... was shocked and stayed for the plot, mysteries and great foreshadowing.

8. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I picked it up months back because i heard very good things about it. Binged all 100ish chapter then hit the release rate wall. I've tossed it on my 'slow release, leave to stockpile' list. It's sooo good compared to it's contemporaries but that release rate orz

I dropped DMWG because it became a steaming pile of overused cliches like most similar novels. QQ that TL's main focus is that shitball rather than GE.

I'm inspired for a thought bubble thread.

Wujigege likes this.
  9. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I’ve read all the raws with MTL, for anyone who enjoyed the first 100 chapters of GE I can say with confidence it only gets better and not worse in the future.

I didn’t read DMWG because of things I heard from others, but it’s a fact that it makes the translator far more income than GE currently. That won’t change soon unless GE can pick up traction which is unlikely with the current release rate unfortunately.

Pedram likes this.
  10. Hegao

Hegao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it's kinda strange having slow release date. I haven't read it yet but I saw a lot of people talking about it and it was supposed to be popular no?

11. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    In terms of number of readers I don't think it's that popular, part of the reason is probably the slow releases. I often recommend it to people as it's a great novel for anyone who likes xianxia and doesn't mind harem IMO but a lot of people get put off by the low number of chapters.

I just read it all on LNMTL and it was fine for me, most people can't stand MTL though which is understandable as it takes a lot of getting used to.

12. NovelReaderAnonymous

NovelReaderAnonymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its very misleading to look at nuf to see whats popular. There many novel nuf praise the fuck out of but have almost no support and novels nuf trashes on are the novels with the biggest support.

13. rexzshadow

rexzshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Translating long chapter is ass. Like it simply sucks to translate long chapters. It tedious and feel like you're not getting anything done. I translate 4 3k chapter like so much faster than 1 12k chapter. Then it also ass because the readers only care about chapters. They see chapter numbers rather than length. You can release a 12k chapter but someone else releasing 3 3k chapter will get more view/praise/support than you will. I mean if chapters are consistantly over average chapter length of 3k then just split chapter into parts that roughly equal average length chapters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.