Spoiler World Hopping: God, Shine Bright!

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by LaDyViL, Sep 10, 2018.

1. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :sweating_profusely: I've been busy....and down with a bad cough these days so my temper to deal with my always crashing app is very short.

I (or the others who have read the raw) can do a brief rundown, if you want?

2. Ryss

Ryss ... a small emanon...

Reading List:
    Link
    Get well soon

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    LaDyViL likes this.
  3. Chilli_Chiia

Chilli_Chiia Trying to survive my courses

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll try for chapter 9

4. Chilli_Chiia

Reading List:
    Link
    • YC bent down to pick up his bicycle from the ground and limped while pushing his bicycle away.
    • CZ threw a bag into his bicycle (? probably the one that has the basket)
    • YC was shocked
    • YC stopped limping away and turned back to CZ
    • CZ grabbed YC's bicycle
    • They argued-CZ telling YC to ride the bus and YC refusing
    • (I don't understand what happened I think CZ and YC somehow rode on the same bike w/ CZ in the front)
    • ^^^Result was that CZ's coat was taken off and YC was in awe of her scent
    • They were getting closer to school
    • They rode through the crowd while all the students were looking
    • the bike stopped with a squeak
    • On the other side of the road, there was a couple of male students
    • It was San Mao and some other people (refer to the first few character (Chapter 3))
    • CZ shouted "San Mao!!!"
    • YC wonders who SM is but he feels that SM is a bit familiar
    • SM calls out to CZ
    • CZ says something to SM because he doesn't recognise her since she took off her makeup
    • SM Yells in surprise which attracts lots of attention
    • People start wondering since when they had such a person in their school (CZ w/o horrible makeup)
    • CZ wasn't wearing the school uniform so ppl started wondering
    • SM realised that CZ w/o horrible makeup was CZ w/ horrible makeup
    • mob ppl became shocked that CZ changed so much in one day
    • CZ: "Ask you" in cold tone
    • SM: "First sister CZ, not a single drop of alcohol was left behind nor a single piece of clothing." He paused a bit before asking if they'll make trouble for them?
    • CZ: "They have no Chance."
    • SM wonder why YC was in the back seat of CZ
    • YC: "Whoever wants to buy whatever you do just come to me and I'll pay three times the price." with this sentence being thrown out, CZ proceeded to enter the school with YC
    • SM: "..."
    • He looked at the brother next to him: "I just saw YC?"
    • Brother: "I just saw CZ?"
    • Huang-ge was arrested in a few days and jailed for more than a few years
    • Soon they'll find out the current CZ is not the same as the CZ they know
    • YC and CZ were not in a teaching building but somewhere else where there are no ppl
    • CZ throws YC's bike and walks on his bike (By accident?)
    • YC dread over his bike
    • CZ only reacted afterwards and became too lazy to repair it, meet YC and send it back to him
    • YC: You will be treated as a bad person!!
    • CZ: "I'll seriously try to be a good person!"
    • YC:...
    • Before the class started, ppl were talking, making trouble, copying Homework and not having fun
    • The classroom became silent as soon as CZ came into the room
    • After a moment ppl began whispering
    • "Who are you looking for?"
    • "Who is she, she's not wearing a uniform....not our uniform."
    • "She's so beautiful."
    • CZ went into the classroom with no expression and went to the last desk and stuffed her bag into it
    • The classroom went even more silencer
    • ppl began wondering why the girl (CZ) stuffed her bag into the bad student Ji Chuan's (?) desk
    • JTT and YQQ entered the room
    • YQQ recognised CZ and asked why she was like that
    • JTT replied that her sister wanted to change styles
    • ppl began realising that the girl is CZ because of YQQ
    • "Ji Chu Zhuan"
    • "It's really CZ"
    • "CZ is so beautiful, compared to JTT, she's not bad"
    • CZ is really pretty and ppl couldn't deny it
    • JTT clenched her fists and angrily stared at CZ
    • The bell rang and JTT quickly took YQQ back to their seats
    • The teacher came into the room and gave out test paper results from the previous week
    • The teacher announces that JTT got the highest score in the whole year (grade)
    • ppl praised JTT
    • JTT felt slightly better
    • Teacher: "There are still some students who don't study, skip classes and fight so their test papers can't be seen as a result (aka they didn't do it)"
    • Everyone thought of CZ
    • Teacher looks at CZ and wonders who she is
    • CZ: "CZ"
    • Teacher felt shocked and surprised
    • Teacher thought that he fainted for a second then continued to explain that test paper
    • while the teacher was explaining, ppl were looking back at CZ, whispering or passing notes
    • "Do you think CZ has been possessed by an evil spirit" (stuff like that)

5. Elv

Elv Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could you please give a summary for the arcs you read?

Ryss likes this.
  6. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    This story is ongoing. There are only 3 arcs out with the third arc still ongoing, probably gonna be VIP chapters soon.

1st arc -School Life
    2nd arc -Showbiz Acting
    3rd arc -Xianxia World

Alina Moktan likes this.
  7. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on the author's past works, safe to say it'll be 30-40 chapters for each arc. The shortest I've read was around 20 chapters while the longest was more than 50 chapters.

First arc was 1-30
    Second arc was 31-65

8. Chilli_Chiia

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll probably continue chapter 11+ Tomorrow, I need to finish some work (that was more than I excepted it to be).

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    Ryss likes this.
  9. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 11:
    It's SanMao.
    There's a Chinese proverb "A toad wanting to eat swan meat" where Toad is someone ugly while Swan Meat is someone beautiful. The paragraph was saying MengRan was a handsome guy, even if JCZ liked him it's not unusual, but JCZ is a toad wanting to eat swan meat, MengRan should be matched with someone fitting of his stature.
    The Great/King System used to talk in a cutesy tone, but now it is talking in a stern tone. It is probably angry when CZ changed his name. Whatever, just continue calling him Bastard.

As for the names, I've included the pinyin and the Chinese in my previous posts. When doing names, you should check th Chinese characters instead of relying on the translation. The translations tried to translate even the names so they aren't what they are supposed to sound like.

Chapter 9:
    She's saying that if someone find trouble with them, just have her pay them 3 times the amount they were hired to cause them trouble.

Chapter 10:
    Not WangBaGu, it's WangBaDan (王八蛋) which is a derogatory term, can be translated into Bastard or SOB. System was angry that his name Great/King/Wang-zhe (王者) got changed by CZ into Bastard/WangBaDan.

Ease, Alina Moktan and Chilli_Chiia like this.
  10. Chilli_Chiia

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh Thank you for correcting me

11. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank for spoiler I like this confidant and overbearing mc

12. zloi medved

zloi medved Well-Known Green Tea Bitch

Reading List:
    Link
    Waited a day to double post, please be lenient. I ended up binging through the first two arcs, so I'll give a spoiler for the next chapter, because it's a very short series of events, and then give my thoughts on the novel so far:
    • YC finally starts to accept that MC doesn't have any ulterior motives for helping him, but it doesn't sit well with him because having a girl protect him hurts his male pride essentially.
    • YC gets a part time job working in at a tea shop/cafe. MC comes in one day, he panics, thinks she's going to make fun of him for working, but she doesn't.
    • Instead he gets tripped by someone else and spills tea on them. The person who tripped him is the leader of the group of guys who were beating him up twice before when MC watched. The gang came to his work to deliberately make trouble, tripping him and causing him to spill tea and then scolding him publicly for it, humiliating him. Manager asks YC to apologise because that's how customer service be, he doesn't, the gang uses it as an excuse to start a fight.
    • YC gets hit a couple of times but then MC finally steps in and defeats all the thugs. She pays a large sum of money for damages to the manager, basically a bribe. It's enough that the manager announces the store is closed for the day.
    • MC then goes and helps YC sit up in her old seat and tells him to clean himself up, he's covered in blood.
    That's chapter 14.

Anyway, just wanted to give my own thoughts on the novel so far after 2 arcs:

First, I really love the MC. She's brusque, badass, lazy, and extremely funny. A lot of this kind of feels almost like a direct response to the tropes of other Quick Transmigration novels. MC is extremely badass, and would rather just quickly deal with her opponents directly and get it over with, but isn't allowed to or she'll be forced to restart the mission over. Instead, she is forced to deal with everything indirectly or through money. Considering how many QT novels have the MC aggravatingly deal with the villains for dumb reasons like "the fall hurts most from the higher peak" or whatever, and then act shocked when the villains counter-counterattack with all the time they've been given. I understand you need to drag things out in order to have an actual plot, but the reasoning for it is never satisfying. At least with this novel, a reason is directly given - the MC wants to just directly crush them, but is being forced to do it according to the QT formula or face punishment.

Second, the ML. To be honest, it's really refreshing having their roles reversed, with the MC being the fierce golden thigh and ML being the one who hugs, hahaha. Badass powerful MLs are nice, but it annoys me how the MC is always like "I will deal with my problems myself! I don't need your help!" and the ML will claim to step back and let her, but most of the time the ML steps in to help anyway, and even when he doesn't, just by the fact that she's dating him, she's under his umbrella of protection. Even if ML doesn't do anything, when NPCs see who she's dating, they're like "I don't dare". :blobawkward: Seriously, even if in the first couple arcs, the MC mostly tries to do things by herself, by the fourth arc or so she's like "we've been married over many lifetimes why shouldn't I use him". Which is fair, but seriously not fun. /rant
    But like I said, in this one, the ML is the damsel, and it's actually pretty funny. He doesn't have anything to offer MC. Instead, she just crushes all obstacles... with money. ML in the first arc worked hard to start his own business to stand equal to MC, and in the second arc he works hard too, so it's not like he just stays a wilting flower the whole time, but he's also directly motivated to improve himself to earn MCs affection. In both the first and second arc, he gradually comes to like her over time, but is aware she doesn't like him back, but because she always does nice things for him to try to earn his "nice person card", he thinks he has a chance one day. It's kind of bittersweet. I think what I like most about their dynamic though is...

It almost feels like I'm reading a standard QT from the POV of the ML, which I find really interesting. MC has her memories sealed after the first arc, so she goes into the second arc with no clear memory of her time with YC. The ML starts off both arcs in bad circumstances, while the MC can easily move past her obstacles with the big money from the system. It's a reversal of the usual MC-ML dynamic. I like it a lot, it's different and has a lot of potential.

But I probably won't be continuing to read it. This is just my personal feelings but basically my favourite part of QT novels are always, always, always the counterattack/face slapping, but a lot of QT novels focus more on the MC-ML relationship and this is another one in that vein. Lots of people like that romance stuff more than the plot counterattacks, so in this case, this novel would definitely be for you. There's especially a lot of fluff in the second arc. They adopt a kitten and go full domestic, it's super sugary. But MC is lazy and annoyed that she can't just directly kill off her villains, so she has no motivation to counterattack and barely bothers. The second arc villain especially barely appeared, there was very little scheming, and not much face slapping or counterattack.

TL;DR: This is not my cup of tea because I like counterattack more than romance, and this novel has "romance" more than counterattack, but for people who are the opposite of me and like exactly that, this novel is recommended for you.

JimmyFalcon, tak, Ease and 6 others like this.
  13. Chilli_Chiia

Reading List:
    Link
    Well then....this is my cup of tea!

midnight reader and zloi medved like this.
  14. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Third Arc (chapter 66 - 102) : Xuanhuan setting - Mozu!CZ got married to HalfMozu!hourenka

Fourth Arc (chapter 103 - 135) : Modern Supernatural setting - Ghost!CZ consummated with Human!hourenka, accepted their relationship

Fifth Arc (chapter 136 - ongoing) : Apocalypse setting

15. Ryss

Ryss ... a small emanon...

Reading List:
    Link
    Any futher spoilers about Arc 1?
    :aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww::aww:

16. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
    Please spoiler or summary arc 2 and 3