Discussion how should 1st time killing be done?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Asf, Oct 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Anything will have a beginning..
    From that guy on a peacefull world
    Suddenly everything changed
    After the reincar nation attacks!!
    How should the first time killing be done in novels with people that come from the peacefull society and how they never even been in contact with violence before.?
    What do you consider a good scenario on how 1st time kills and its reactions.?
    Please like and subscribe. Comment on the page bellow if you have any oppinions.
    Thnx

2. Scarce

Scarce reaping my good karma

Reading List:
    Link
    this isn't youtube bro

3. mrawesome69

mrawesome69 I'm getting too old for this shit

Reading List:
    Link
    It should be swift without thinking about it. Just take your sword/dagger and stab into heart or throat and turn around and walk away.

bbctheory84 and Kaminomi like this.
  4. webolive

webolive Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Traumatic and the guy must puke and feel bad, be sleepless, people who feel nothing are Psychopath

5. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tomb raider reboot did a pretty good job...

6. elairz

elairz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Personality
    Depend on the character personality. Imagine if the character have a screw up morality. Would he feel guilty at his first kill?

2. Situation
    Life or death situation? Or killing a helpless innocent?

Elkon likes this.
  7. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    It really depends on the killer and the victim.

Make the novel character is either apathetic or sympathetic. You as the author can decide that.

The killer is your normal teen and the victim is an innocent person? Definitely, the killer would feel guilty and scared, sometimes even became paranoid.

The killer is a troubled teen and the victim was his bully? He would feel good and often would not feel guilty.

There is plethora of factors that should be taken into consideration.

Then let your character grows to get accustomed to it. Don't be like your average JP novel where at first he was like "oh no" but then he doesn't care anymore.

8. Land of The Fallen

Land of The Fallen Hax's | Immortal

Reading List:
    Link
    An accident.

Make it in a scenario where they have no choice to kill the other person. Either he kill that someone or he dies.

Then afterwards, make the character suffer as he wonders how he could have avoided killing the other person. The character must suffer through all the 'what ifs', feeling unbearably guilty for his actions.

Then add another conflict where the person he killed is actually someone extremely important for peace or something. Maybe that guy was trying to kill the protag because the protag's existence means a disaster for the world.

This way the protag will feel even more guilty etc.

It'll be fun to read about.

Asf likes this.
  9. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    download (1).png

Asf, WeirdJourney and Kuronairo like this.
  10. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it truly peaceful? Are you sure that the society we live in is peaceful? What of the shadows of crimes hidden from the public eye to maintain cogwheels and cogs in the system? What of criminals hiding behind the justice system to further increase the availability and expectancy of the system? Peace is a lie, there is only order. Society is an order. Is not peaceful or harmful but systematic and automatic simulation made real. All but a clock ticktock... ticktock... society is a clock.

11. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    i would imagine purely hypothetically ofcourse that you might not feel anything or feel some acomplishment then after the adrenaline wears off it slowly dawns on you that you have taken a life and you might be in shock for a while just trying to comprehend what happened or rationalise it to yourself.

Elkon likes this.
  12. Duran

Duran Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.
    "No, it was a mistake! I was just planning to scare him."
    "Asshole was the one that attacked me first!"
    "It was self defence. If someone attacks me, I will defend. If they have a gun, I have to attack. If they just have a baseball bat or something, I won't kill."
    "I can still remember that feeling. No matter how much I wash my hands, I can still feel the blood. Maybe he had a family. Oh god, what have I done... "
    "This is our world now. I'm just doing my best to survive, and the people I kill will be just doing the same. I can't beg for forgiveness, as I would probably do the same thing even if I went back to that time. I will at least remember each of them, so that I won't become a monster."

Loni4ever, orematcha, Elkon and 3 others like this.
  13. abewan

abewan 〘Nishikigoi Dungeon〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Strangle to death.
    [​IMG]

Seigin likes this.
  14. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Puke from the smell of blood and shit as the corpse loosens it's sphincters in death.

Or absolute apathy in normal tasks like tying shoelaces. Loot the body and go home.

15. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    With hesitation and disgust

16. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    That entirely depends on what your story is and will be, if you want your character to feel more human, you have to devellop the impact of the act (wherever it's accidental or a completely conscient act), and how he grow or evolve from it, and what the feeling of "it might happen again, I might kill someone again" will become.

Just remember to make death important, and give roots, connections and a story to your antagonists if you don't want your story to become one of those "one vilain down, bring the next bad guy" kind...

If you want your character to become an anti-hero or a monster that need to be put down at the end, then you have to create a hollow feeling, an attraction for the act of killing and the feeling of being all powerfull that come from it, or a growing fascination for the look of his victim at his/her final moment, the guilt and everything that come from it, the easyness of the act (he/she was a person and then it became just a mass of meat), the obsessive spiral of the forced justification of each kill, etc...

And if you just want to make Xia/isekai shit, you make a botched up "Oh well, shit happen, but it was a generic as fuck evil vilain so I don't care, sucks to be him/her tho..." paragraph/sentence and move on, making your character the usual templaty apatethic psychopath.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    Asf likes this.
  17. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    Completely depends on the personality and mental state of the person in question. Here are some types:
    1) Normal guy ends up killing someone, pukes, has nightmares/insomnia, hallucination, complete breakdown, etc
    2) Internal psychopath awakening, goes on a killing spree, either planned or random
    3) Sensible/logical type, rationalizes killing (tries at least), may or may not suffer insomnia, might puke
    4) Absolute logical type, coldhearted, kills and that's that.
    5) Heroic type, kills due to circumstance, carries the burden for the rest of life, might affect his future choices

18. Shub-Niggurath

Shub-Niggurath Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First kill because someone ranked above you order it. You don't feel anything when you kill (except being weirded out by the feeling of cutting into flesh/shooting stuff) but it's only later in the story you realize what you have done. Usually when you kill someone you don't spend 10mn afterward thinking about consequence and his life. It's just done and you move onto the next thing you have to do.
    It's pretty much what happen in real wars.

Asf likes this.
  19. zh0lvin

zh0lvin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That depends .... If he kills some an arrogant bully rapist trash, or a terrorist, then make the kill swift and decisive.
    Like in chinese novels haha
    No regrets. No remorse. Then give him a medal

But interesting stories comes when a guy did a very bad thing, but the legitimacy of the murder is debatable...
    Exemple : A young master did something wrong that led to the extermination of MC's entire clan. MC is the only survivor. The young master regrets and did everything in his power to atone for his wrongdoing (he serves the community, protect the weaks...). Thanks to this young master the community became powerful and prosperous. The problem is : MC swore in the name of his ancestors to kill this young master so he can't back off and HAVE to kill him...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    Asf likes this.
  20. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want to make mc reflect on moral issues - he will suffer psychologically.
    If its self fulfillmemt - make him an op asshole without personality. Just make the one he kills a more hateful asshole

Asf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.