Discussion What would you say to your younger self?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CandleLight, Oct 9, 2018.

1. CandleLight

CandleLight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve recently been reading a lot of redo story, some about getting revenge, or getting rich, or simplyresolving regrets. It makes me think, what about me? What will change?

Well, I don’t think I’m capable of doing grandiose things worthy of reading, I’m just that timid. Which is why, if I could talk to the me, even just 10 years ago, I would want her to realize, it’s not about the outcome that matters, but the process. More importantly, I have to keep trying.

I missed oht on so many things for being afraid to try, or trying but never gave my best because I think it wouldn’t matter in the end...

PS This thread not meant to be depressing okay? Haha, I just wanted to know you guy’s enlightenment that you’d wanted to have earlier in your years.

2. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    All I know is, that whatever I said to a younger me, I wouldn't believe myself over it.

But if I did, I'd tell myself to be a bigger oaf and less of a reserved person.

Which is pretty much the thing that the younger me would ignore.

Mlaser and Loni4ever like this.
  3. Relken

Relken Unknown Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The lottery numbers for the 1billion dollar lottery are.... invest in... and finally don't take aspirin you're allergic...

Mlaser, Ophious, Godgrid and 7 others like this.
  4. Minarett

Minarett Peaceful Adventurer

Reading List:
    Link
    That's hell you're walking into.

Sleepy Z, RShirokage and Katsurandom like this.
  5. Emperor avalon

Emperor avalon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I could talk to my younger self, I would tell him about all those girls who were interested in us, but we didn't notice at the time. Or perhaps I won't. Those women and their cryptic clues are just annoying, if you're not Sherlock Holmes you can forget about the idea of realising everything before a few years have gone past.

Darkanlan likes this.
  6. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say to my younger self, "We should had died that day. Those days... those times yet, we somehow by a split second, instantly survived by "something". We thought it was all but reflexes but no, "something" was guiding us to a desired "place" and "time" for us to "die". I hate that kind of story. I detest that kind of mundane life. That such a reality, knowing "something" is actually there and is making us walk to the "destined" end is downright mockery to our mortal life. What were all my... our countless failures and very small successes for? What meaning is there for us if its all just story written by "something" and not ourselves. We're probably escaping reality, but at least this, I confirmed... we should have just died for nothing than lived for nothing. Do "you", mock us, O World?":blobconfounded:

7. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem with these kinds of threads is that those that actually have anything interesting to say would be stupid to bring it up.

I'll say one thing that I'd change which isn't as personal as many other things I regret and/or would redo: Think more about what I'm doing and think about why I'm doing it. That probably would've made a lot of my other mistakes not have happened either.

Drake98, Darkanlan and Loni4ever like this.
  8. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    if i could influence my past self there's just 3 things to do, tell that retard to pursue the girl(found out later she used to like me too :sweating_profusely:) , get checked up on a hospital before i get permanent damage to my hip. and ofcourse invest in bitcoin :blobokhand:

9. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    save your imouto~
    don't let her deceive you with her sweet talk~
    I have failed to save her~ I have give up~

if only I more persistent back then~

there will be no day to see when she forced me~ seduce me~ tricking me~ trying to influence my liking~
    embracing BL~
    boo.jpg
    I know she is cute~
    still cute~
    jii.jpg
    meow.jpg

drooling.jpg
    WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!!

badumtess~
    yeah I'm half serious here~

Chiiiiiiiii likes this.
  10. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing our meeting began with me looking at him with indescribable expression that meant to say "what the hell you've procrastinating so much that i had to do all your jobs !?" But me younger means me young and dumb and most probably not understand whatever the future me are trying to say although he's still try to be all knowing smug about them which lead to the future me to lost it and decides to stuff the younger me into the back of the car and did him in where it was quiet and disposed the body.

11. Aegis21

Aegis21 Hiki wanna be

Reading List:
    Link
    I will tell my self to learn basic coding,start saving early,and invest in stocks

12. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Pester my dad to buy some bitcoin and break it open in 2016ish.

13. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    No need for words. I'll just kidnap myself for a day and go to an amusement park. Then, before I leave, I'll give my younger self a snow globe, a thousand paper cranes and a pat in the head.

Chiiiiiiiii, kuroarash and Loni4ever like this.
  14. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    To fare much better and explain how xd

15. insania

insania Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would tell my younger self all of the future knowledge exploits I know to turn my younger self into a literal cheat existence. These exploits include things like what are the winning lottery numbers of the past years, certain present innovations and inventions that had not yet been invented, to invest in bitcoins early, current theories that did not existed back then alongside other things.

kuroarash likes this.
  16. lazyreader01

lazyreader01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll probably slap my younger self lel. Tell my younger self to try harder on high school and get good grades and go to a good college to support my parents with a higher paying job. Oh, and also to hold on to my friends more tighter. I'll admit, I was a fool back then as well as lazy. And didn't try to understand my friends problems as hard as I could, just waving them off and as a result, we have grown distant to each other. Even if I go to the lottery route, there's no guarantee that I might remember the jackpot numbers since I'm so forgetful :sushi_chubby:.

kuroarash likes this.
  17. insania

insania Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You could try giving your past self a book containing past winning lottery numbers which would solve the problem of your bad memory. Alternatively, give your past self someone's thesis of an important modern theory since it can also make your past self rich if he publishes it under his own name.

lazyreader01 likes this.
  18. lazyreader01

lazyreader01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dang, didn't think of this. Nice :blobthinkingsmirk:.

19. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Lottery numbers and don't procrastinate too much.

20. Loni4ever

Loni4ever The Fluffy White Wolf

Reading List:
    Link
    I skipped your name and after reading the first few lines of your post I was like "that kinda sounds like..." and sure enough, it was you xD lol it's quite recognizable

awww~~ :blobxd:

As for what I'd say to myself..
    I doubt my younger self would really take to heart what I'd say.... Especially if it's sth that would require leaving my comfort zone without blatantly obvious rewards xD. I'd probably do sth like @Bad Storm , buy my self delicious food, take a nice walk and at the end say sth along the lines of "just be yourself and don't stress it. It's ok to feel sad or empty sometimes, eventually it'll pass. You'll be alright", then give my self a hug and a cookie xD

Bad Storm likes this.