Introducing ComradeMao - MTL HUB

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Tyr_, Apr 5, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirDan

SirDan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you follow the discord? We are getting a term proposition page soon where people can make terms and add them to glossary. If you want high quality translations that are better than Google Translate or your usual MTL then read on ComradeMao. I recommend reading the Neet novel and Sacred Ruins. There is a glossary for those novels with tons of terms

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  2. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm asking because I'm curious. You're saying the terms and names are wrong, that means you must have compared them with the 'right' terms. But what is the 'right' terms? Their translations are Machine translations made legible, you're expecting their quality to be as high as real person translations?

3. Tyr_

Tyr_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We have had quite a change after those few novels. At the moment, we are using terms to MTL all of the upcoming novels except the few which had been MTLed at the start. If you have time join our discord channel for further information

I checked the guy's post history and he has only 6 posts and all of them are made to diss us. We haven't done anything to get such a hater so im perplexed

4. Tyr_

Tyr_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Added I Reincarnated For Nothing with actual terms so the quality is quite good. Click HERE to read the full novel.

5. Tyr_

Tyr_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Added all chapters of Dragon Maken War

6. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Dizay

Dizay Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hello, can you add fanfiction novels?
    thanks

8. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the site, can you remove the mod "-" from your discord. he is a troll. also people who do not understand chinese should not be allowed to decide what terms are right or wrong.

also your site had a search where we can search for specific chapters at the novel page but i can't find the search bar anymore. can you bring it back? it is troublesome finding a specific chapter on the site right now

9. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm: A registered user only feature?

10. Arbaz

Arbaz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anything was wrong with the terms that had been accepted?
    We gives Mod role to those who at least knows how to make terms and can tell if the added term is right or wrong on the site.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  11. madness-

madness- The Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    All hail MTL

12. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how can your mods know if the terms are right or wrong if they dont understand the language that they are being translated from?

i tried to submit some terms but i was questioned extensively and it was a complete waste of my time cus in the end all i got was "i know mtl better than you know chinese"

Wujigege likes this.
  13. Arbaz

Arbaz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They're not dumb enough to deny your terms, if the terms you made were correct. If they told you "i know mtl better than you know chinese" then you should know they have MTLed far more novels than you have ever MTLed, They know how a term should be translated properly and what term can cause conflict in the glossary if you add them. You can't just add anything even if you know Chinese.
    What was your user name on the discord server?

14. yogesh12

yogesh12 Hater of Generic Novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it isn't like it's necessary to know Chinese to MTL novels, it all goes down to a Chinese dictionary and reading context to make the most accurate term as possible,though I doubt "-" would be wrong in making terms as he is making terms for quite a while

15. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    It will be nice if the funds from this site is directed toward human translations
    After all, that is how I started

16. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i said remove "-" as a mod on discord because he's a troll.

i suggested to not get people who don't understand the language to moderate the submissions because they can't do it properly.

17. yogesh12

yogesh12 Hater of Generic Novels

Reading List:
    Link
    *Sigh* he has been doing this stuff for 2+years so am I ,so it's very unlikely to happen, experience is required not knowing the language

18. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you say that yet even your novel that has the most number of terms is still more difficult to read at your site when compared to lnmtl's.
    all the terms the community submit are made sincerely to help make the novel more readable and yet we are subject to being interrogated by a "master at MTL" (if we are at your discord) who has zero knowledge of the language.

if you want to put a moderator who cooks up rules on the spot to kick people he doesn't like at discord, thats your choice since discord is just chat but nobody is going to bother submitting terms because its just a waste of our time and effort when a "master at mtl" is going to make us feel like shit after trying to contribute.

@Tyr you haven't done anything but when i was at your discord, your mods are all trolls. constantly insulting people and changing people nicknames to derogatory terms just because "it's done in other servers (lnmtl)".

i'm sure this "troll" is one of those people who were made fun of.

anyway theres no point talking about this. i like comrademao and the collection of novels are growing nicely, sadly the people submitting terms does not seem to be growing at all. there must be something you are doing that is just wrong.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  19. Tyr_

Tyr_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi tides,
    Actually, I wasn't aware of your problem with that particular moderator until I was notified by another admin about this post. The fault is mine and solely mine as I haven't visited novelupdates in a quite a long time. However, I would like to tell you that I've personally talked to everyone who had contacted me regarding comrademao, the functions on website, the design etc. I don't know how regularly you visit our website, but it has changed a lot since day 1. We have made a lot of changes and we are still doing alot to add features, functionalities, optimize code, minimize design weight and so on so forth. Please don't feel discouraged because of anyone's actions in comrademao as neither me or no one owns anything in comrademao. We are a community and without community there is no comrademao.

On another note, the problem with you and that particular moderator would have been solved out much more easier if you had contacted me or one of 2 other administrators :) Feel free to join our discord server and drop a line whenever you feel like.

As for the quality of mtl and whether you prefer it on comrademao or lnmtl, it's your personal choice. I can't comment on it. Good luck to you.

20. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes, i know that you were not aware but there was simply no point in telling you because all of the moderators in the discord are similar. they all changed people names for fun and laugh at the derogatory nickname they gave users and supported each other. i know this because i raised this with the rest of your moderators and the reply i got was that it was fine.

just imagine if your nickname was changed to "gaeboi" and then the moderators go "haha gaeboi is here" everytime u log in.

the ones who did not join in the "fun" like sirdan did not care at all and watched me get kicked a second time after inviting me there. besides isn't sirdan an admin? i dont remember since it was so long ago.

CM is a community but the moderators are the people who can kick people out of the community or chase them away. i was kicked twice from the discord by the same person. the first time was because "-" just found me posting in #general annoying. i did not break any rules but he made one up on the spot and kicked me.

weeks later sirdan invited me back and guess what? i was kicked again. yea i'm not going back there so i can get kicked a third time since they are still a moderator there and it looks like it's nothing is going to change.

there is almost nobody posting terms at CM aside from your own moderators (who can approve their own submissions) and there has to be a reason for this. since you claim your "MTL experts" are not the problem, then i really do not understand why CM just cannot get people to make terms.

CM had tons of popular novels like spare me, great lord! and dropped in a marvel universe months before LNMTL mtl those.
    you even did er gen new novel so much earlier than LNMTL...

one of the conversations i had regarding one of the terms i submitted which eventually got rejected and was a complete waste of my time.

mod: what does "term" and "term" mean?
    me: "xx" means xx and "yy" means "yy"
    mod: oh xx is okay but i think "yy" is wrong
    me: goes on to explain usage and so on why i think it is correct for 10 minutes.
    mod: i dont know, i still think it is wrong because it is 1 character.
    me: explains again.
    mod: i believe it is wrong
    me: do you understand chinese
    mod: no but i know mtl better than you.

after this happened, there is just zero reason for me to post terms on CM anymore simply because it's much easier for just to look at the raws and understand what it means since i understand the language and can just read.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.