Discussion USA and gun

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Demonic Poring, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

So the "shall not be infringed" is sooo hardwired into the American Society to have any kind of discussion on Gun Control/Bans is impossible. Coupled with decades of fearmongering and mass shootings and now you got more guns out and about

2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, that's a shank though. Prisoners can even stab you with a remodeled toothbrush for that matter. Google some prison shivs, very creative.

3. Katsurandom

Katsurandom [The One That Does Nothing][Villager C]

Reading List:
    Link
    Alowin the citizen to carry guns isn't a bad idea per se...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_New_Zealand <------They are more open about that than USA and they have like an average of 8 deaths (Related to guns) per year...since about 10-20 years

I will not even bother to search the average in USA but i will make a wild guess and say 30k+ (It stated about 33k or 10,6 per 100k persons in the first link in google[I'm a weak person])

New Zeland has growing his population and this average stays the same...

so that brings us the question, why?

And to that i will answer that the law about getting their guns must be different than the one in USA, wich guessing for how easy they get it their law control must suck

New Zeland one says something like
    My guess is that the one in USA must be different along the way since i don't find this one hard.....at all.......

is that or the ppl that live in USA are crazy......but then again, the voted for the donald so there is that...........

Lonelycity and KingOfDreams like this.
  4. Kainord

Kainord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't know why people freaking out about guns, you can buy a knife, hatchet, axe anywhere. if someone mental enough, he can use any means, with guns at lest he can miss the target.

5. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Aren't you afraid of someone who can kill you by pointing a piece of metal and then slightly moving their finger?
    Owning my own gun wouldn't make me feel safe. I'd feel much more safer wearing a Kelvar vest since that could save my life in the case of a shooting, having a gun won't do that. So then why aren't people walking around with Kevlar vests on?

Varno, Lonelycity and KingOfDreams like this.
  6. HondaFit

HondaFit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most crimes go unsolved. Even in the US, they're lucky to solve 50% of the murders.

I'm not trying to say it's perfect. We have a relatively high level of gun deaths. We've just decided, as a nation, that gun ownership is worth some collateral damage. That's why even after school shootings, nothing really changes.

7. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This thread seems very political in nature, careful now.

And with a gun he'd be able to take out a lot more people, at range, than with an axe.

8. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Here in Indonesia,
    There's something called Begal
    They are a kind of gangs with guns.
    They run around and steal stuff, live, like those in London maybe. They usually operated at night, with darkness as their cover. They usually only have knives, but sometimes some of them brought a gun.
    So, Its time for Indonesian people to carry guns.
    Get a helmet too. You forgot it.

9. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    It is not like it pointed at you so who cares?
    At work when guys go on business trip they try guns all the time :cool: One of the main attractions.

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN likes this.
  10. Senros

Senros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Though my country was also founded after a revolution (against Spain) and guns are basically banned for everyone (you can still get one legally, but under certain circumstances I believe, like if you are a bodyguard or something.)
    I find it weird, because guns are banned for most people in my country, but it's decently smart to allow citizens to carry guns. Right now my country has a really shitty government, that is backing or has the backing of most criminals in the country, so if your average citizen had guns, things would have been pretty bloody.

I think the idea of being able to overthrow the government was good in the 19th century, but right now not so much. I mean, throw a few bombs into a mob of angry gun owners and you get a bunch of corpses (though in the 19th century they already had cannons, guns...) idk, I was thinking about how many people would die to overthrow a government that also has control of the military (civilians without help from anyone from the military.)
    You can shoot someone's leg, though I read or heard from (iirc) a police guy, that if you can aim to shoot someone in the leg, you can avoid the threat (or something along those lines.)

Harfang likes this.
  11. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just consider it this way,

I'd feel safer if both people are arming themselves with a frying pan.....

Elkon, Lonelycity and KingOfDreams like this.
  12. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    studies have shown that you are much more unlikely to get shot if you are not carrying a gun yourself, but since I'm a troll, I won't give any links for credibility, so just believe it

13. Deathic

Deathic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But i have seen many cereal murders happen to due to spoon users :)

Varno, justmehere, Lonelycity and 6 others like this.
  14. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    but at least you have the option of defending yourself, with no guns you don't even have that, you are at the mercy of criminals.

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN likes this.
  15. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link

16. HondaFit

HondaFit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A long insurgency can eventually cause changes. The US was vastly more powerful than the NVA in the Vietnam war but who ended up winning? We've vastly more powerful than the Taliban but I expect once we leave Afghanistan the Taliban will take over again. People like you seem to imagine overthrowing the government like a stand up war where a group of people try to take on tanks and planes. In reality, it'll be a group of armed people who slowly pick off members of the oppressive government (and their families) and/or infrastructure.

17. pigsticker

pigsticker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor cereals. Murdered by spoons and drowned in milk

18. Rickymex

Rickymex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you seen a mass murderer with a truck?

19. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Only if they needed multiple heroes. :hmm:

Mnotia and Kuroguma like this.
  20. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That sure went well during Civil War didn't it? I mean, what is the difference of fighting a bunch of rebel in ones own backyard compare to fighting people half way across the world under geography and custom on don't understand as the invading force? Still the US army usually are annihilating the enemy force 100:1, so unless people really support your cause, you will be crush as easy as being crush like grape in one hand.