Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Rinfantasy

Rinfantasy so much to do so little time...

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too, I ship only wangxian. Different from normal shonen manga and like, this is a BL novel so if the author wanted other gay couples she could do it, so this cool off my shipping feel for the other major ships of this novel.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  2. tailor31415

tailor31415 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    for 2: I don't think it's ever stated. presumably just a branch clan of the Lans
    for 4: XXC and Song Lan!!! with A-Q as their daughter~

3. vrotki

vrotki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't ship others with eachother because their wives are here on this forum! :blobsmilehappyeyes:

4. Loverofanimeandmanga

Loverofanimeandmanga Equality doesn't exactly exist.

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for your answears.
    And Nope XXC is the blind guy. But when you said "I mean he kinda had cute interactions with A-Qing, you know when he didn't want to kill her :blobsweat:
    "
    I can agree with.
    :blobowoevil_horns:Te He He I totally ship A-Qing with XXC but in a romantic relationship instead.:p
    :blobsweat:When she of age obviously:blobpeek:, To bad she and he both died before that happened.:blobcry:

5. vrotki

vrotki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    See, too many names to remember! :blobsweat:

6. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, sadly, it was pretty damned "common sense" back then to kill the relatives of the people you killed. Otherwise, the survivors will stop at nothing to get revenge. If you think about it, in the current timeline, the whole story is actually exactly about revenge. Mr. Oscar Winner set the plot in motion purely to get revenge for NMJ.

If you look at it from that viewpoint, it makes sense that it would be better to completely annihilate a clan rather than leave people to make trouble later.

There are different types of wars. If it was a war of conquest then the victors would normally prefer to keep everything intact, the better to get wealth from the conquered lands. I mean, dead people don't create more wealth so keeping the population relatively intact would be better.

The Sunshot campaign, on the other hand, seems to be a war for revenge, possibly started as a genocidal war aka "a war to wipe out all of the Wen clan from the face of the earth." Wen Ning and Wen Qing's branch and the other more distant Wen clan branch families might have been spared depending on their specific circumstances.

However, Wen Ning was in the archery contest and, according to Wei Wuxian, was actually damned good. I know Wen Chao made fun of him, but the fact is that Wen Ning was counted as a Wen and possibly even one of the top cultivators of his generation when they were showing off in the archery contest... He's kinda high profile.

Sandu, Hana_rhea, setsuna3025 and 6 others like this.
  7. LoveManga

LoveManga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My memory may be bit faulty, but when I MTL the chapter the so called righteous clans eventually realized who the blood corpses where and that they were protecting them. They of course were relieved they weren't gonna kick the bucket, but I don't believe they had any regret or remorse for what they did to the survivors in the first siege. :cry:

8. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I just say how adorable and hilarious is Wei Ying’s fear towards being spanked. He actually gets extremely embarrassed and ashamed when he’s spanked lol even just a little pat on the butt gets a reaction out of him. Lan Zhan also claimed his ‘first’ experience in being spanked :blobowoevil_horns::blobamused::blobjoy:

Piesus, Hana_rhea, Rufi-sidd and 6 others like this.
  9. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    Massive thank you for Chapter 79 mtl translation!! If you need any help with the other two chapters mtl let me know, cuz editing them is such a massive hard work. How translators do it must be 10x more stressful, bless you all (╥_╥)

Also, this part "Among these thousands of people, there are only about 20 people who are really enemies of Wei WuXian. The rest are all listening to the coffers and not thinking about participation. It can be said that they are only justice passers-by, and they came together to crusade out of morality. These people just want to follow the mainstream of the leading team, and can kill one or two Wei WuXian's running dogs, and say that their name is also famous." THEY FREAKING ADMIT IT! THEY KNOW! UGH THESE PPL!! (ノ°益°)ノBut, at least these group of idiots knew who protected them, it takes off just smidge, just 000.1% of my anger out.

I applaud MXTX so much for making me feel intense frustration & irritation with a bunch of background characters. I'm going to try ignoring these guys now, I'm gonna bury myself in @readerz 's analysis to calm my aching brain :blobdead:

Sandu, Hana_rhea, setsuna3025 and 6 others like this.
  10. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    Something to threaten him with other than dogs :blobamused::blobwink:

11. LoveManga

LoveManga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for offering, it’s so greatly appreciated. Yeah you gotta wrack your brain trying to interpret what the MTL is trying to translate. Oh well hopefully it increases brain power. :cautious:
    Definitely translators are totally amazing, it’s such hard work and makes your brain tired. ExR also stated that one chapter of FOD is like three to five chapters in one as the word count is 6,000 to 9,000 when chapters tend to be 2,000 words. K is amazing. :aww:
    Yeah those righteous sects...:sweating_profusely:

12. chiino

chiino Lady Nie [scheming with my hubby, Huaisang]

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Not sure, make one up for him?
    2. I personally like to think he comes from Lan Yi's side of the family somewhere... assuming Lan Yi isn't like the grandmother/aunt to Xichen and Wangji or something. :blobconfused::blobconfused:
    3.Because he's the third wheel... unless he's being shipped in a three-way with Ling and Shizui..
    (like I ship him....... hehe.. for some reason I need boyxboy everywhere):blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:
    4. I ship Xiao Xingchen with Song Lan and A-Qing as their daughter. :aww::aww::aww:

13. Loverofanimeandmanga

Reading List:
    Link
    UMMMM how come I only find this now :blobcry: when it came out on the 9th of July 2018 Ow well never mind that
    I give you anther Mo Da Zu Shi music video however it's in Chinese and has no captions for other languages. It has XXC XY and A-Q in it sorry SL your not in it.

DAMN IT I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT SAYING.
    also i found these the other day
    Cosplay pics on YT :cookie:

and this one but I think Lan Zhan drunk again.:blobsweat:

14. Rinfantasy

Rinfantasy so much to do so little time...

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm the only weird one that hate the Jin more than the Wen? The Wen feel like kinda of a honest evil, they are what they appear, while the Jin sect is double faced that stab you in the back, ruin your imagine to others and give you a fate worse than death... (this made me remember when MAGI was popular and the people was divided into Sinbad faction and Ren Koen faction.... I liked Koen more LOL)

Piesus, chiino, Hana_rhea and 5 others like this.
  15. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    I must correct an earlier post that I made. I said that the cultivators in Scum Villain are on a much higher level. It seems like in GDC most cultivators are in the "golden core" or Core Formation stage. I just reread Scum Villain and it seems that the main character is a mid-stage Core Formation cultivator and is considered one of the top cultivators. So the people in Scum Villain wouldn't see core stage cultivators as weak.

Having said that though, Nascent Soul stage is mentioned in Scum Villain and many people are far stronger than the main character. There are a lot of "cheat" existences.

For example, there is one demon who doesn't even have to bother to cultivate from the start like humans because he simply inherits the cultivation from his father, who inherited it from his father, etc. What a cheater lol!

There's also someone who can merge two worlds, half-destroying them in the process, and one of the human cultivators managed to fight him on even terms for a while. (y)

I guess if the GDC characters went to the Scum Villain world, they would still be considered damned good, especially since they have a lot of fighting experience in the night hunts. However, they wouldn't be a match for the really OP cultivators (almost no one is a match for them). (y)

16. Loverofanimeandmanga

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL I liked Ren Koen better two.
    But with what you said "I'm the only weird one that hate the Jin more than the Wen?" Your probably not the only one and your not weird. However with that being said I hate the Wen's just as equally as the Jin's.

Rcyan, Shimizu Yuki, chiino and 3 others like this.
  17. Rufi-sidd

Rufi-sidd When the wolves come out to play!

Reading List:
    Link
    When did this happen??? And also where

setsuna3025, LoveManga and salbireo like this.
  18. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    100%, not the only one, both sects can rot in hell or more specifically the dumbass rulers they have & their byproducts (눈_눈)
    And, that is such a good description of them @Rinfantasy the Wen's were certainly more open, honest & bold with their actions and intentions. Whereas the Jins were more like sly foxes, manipulating others, to achieve their goals. This is why I'm so happy that both sects fell from their high position like an ugly dead body, this is called karma, and its spelled like HA! (凸ಠ益ಠ)凸

Piesus, Shimizu Yuki, chiino and 7 others like this.