Discussion USA and gun

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Demonic Poring, Oct 10, 2018.

1. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No it wouldn't because they had a general nicknamed Butcher and they would had definitely destroy every means of your livelihood until the south submit even if they go on perform guerilla warfare.

Also sure the civil war was a two military standing to fight each other, but if the south did as some people suggested here and manage to assassinate the politician or there family with there guns as some hope due to the break out of a civil war. Then the south would had a chance of victory, but instead not only did they not use there gun and instead face the industrial north with there meager supplies. It show fighting a Guerilla war isn't just something people can just start whenever they want as the first thing to do when in revolt.

Plus all the examples you mention the people is fighting a foreign force not a domestic force. So unless you had the same support as the first civil war, no matter what guerilla warfare dream you have, you will not be able to win in the backyard of the world strongest military.

2. CyberCypher

CyberCypher Air Breather

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you. Weapons are a necessary evil. In a perfect world they would be unneeded but sadly that is not the case of reality
    My belief is that guns should be only given to people with a stable emotional and mental state. There should be background checks,licenses and finally a constant monitoring of the users well being ( maybe a annual renewal of the license similar to that of a driver's license) if you are in possession of a gun without a license then the gun will be confiscated and you will be fined or punished. The gun it self must have a proper paper trail and can be traced

Kuro_0ni, King0Mik and SolInvictus like this.
  3. Galison

Galison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That would never happen
    The true kicker is in the us in a few places where its been brought up the courts have found the police arent there to protect you ie its not what their for.

4. Galison

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree as well but the issue comes who decides who his mentally stable and so on its a slope that is slippery once your on it. The biggest issue is gun laws are iffy at best look at the murder rates in cities with almost total restrictions. On top of that you have the dems who for all their good are also horribly against the 2nd amendment Clinton for example wanted to change the laws(currently hard to sue a companies for something their not directly involved in) to make it so gun makers could be sued for any death caused by one of their guns. That means gang banger A kills gang banger B so gang banger As family can now sue the gun company. Which would effectively outlaw guns why because no company could defend itself from that many law suits even if their not guilty and so on the legal cost alone would put any company out of business. That would be like allowing a car company to be sued by a drunk drivers family because their car was used to kill someone silly isnt it now remember more people die in car accidents then are killed with guns each year..

5. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah USA citizen can bear arms.
    Guns are not sold to everyone though, but tbh some people could make guns using 3d printing so in a way more people have access to them.... and there isn't a way to regulate those self-made guns.

But I think there are some wild areas where having guns are justified like if you need to defend against / take down an animal?
    From what I remember when a cow gets mad cow disease people have to shoot them, since you don't want to get infected with the disease >.<"

6. Fluffums

Fluffums 【R-18 Researcher】【Seeker of Moe】

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's okay. Certain cities have a high crime rate but like most places, tourists like you won't be targeted so there's no need to be worried. It's a problem for the people who live there (in poor communities) but not so much for visitors. If it bothers you, I recommend renting a gun for your stay, get some time shooting it in a range, so you're more comfortable with the whole thing.

asriu likes this.
  7. Galison

Reading List:
    Link
    This is actually a good idea when my inlaws visited from japan I took them to a range and had them shoot some. Now if your visiting vegas you can likely just go in and shoot. A lot of ranges/stores(place i go here does) you have to register for a background check to be done before hand so you go in sign up show id then if your a non experienced shooter they will give a safety class and you can come back another day to shot.

8. Sir Edric

Sir Edric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where the hell do they allow people to rent guns for personal use outside a range facility in the united states?

9. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    Cuz the governments keeps it hushed. Weaponized spoons contribute to a large percentage of murder weapons.

10. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    On a side note, give everyone who wants a gun a gun, and those who dont want guns the right to shut the fuck up. In a matter of weeks, overpopulation will no longer be an issue and shit will sort itself out. Its near that time where the Earth needs a reset.

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN likes this.
  11. SolInvictus

SolInvictus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stranger things have happened (even the 2nd season happened).

At one point, unless a killer was caught red-handed, you had no way of solving a murder. Now we have forensics. Its far from perfect but its improving. There may come a time where forensics is so good that to beat it, a robber would have to invest so much time and effort as to make breaking and entering civilian properties unprofitable. After all, the government is the largest and most well-funded gang

I think that, though unlikely, it could happen. AI, home security androids, quantum computers to analyse cases based on global databases and research, security satellites in space with 4k live streaming, a pheromone scanner, better lie detectors, cool stuff you know.

As for your second statement. Yes, that is what the police is for. No court within a democratic country would argue against that successfully. That being said, just because that is what the police should be, doesn't mean that is how they actually are.

12. SolInvictus

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed, it's just very difficult to tell what's going inside someone's head. A lot of times I know a person or a friend of a friend who commits suicide and it seems to come out of nowhere. No signs, no hints. Murders are pretty similar. It's always "he seemed like such a nice guy". Hopefully, there will be technological advancements that develop something with the same stopping power that is non-lethal. Knock you out for a few hours kinda situation. Better lie detectors satellites that the police can pull footage from in investigations, AI that can use a global database to solve cases, security androids that can stop intruders, forensics that can accurately identify a perp. science shiz

13. Galison

Reading List:
    Link

No actually unless its been over turned the US SC has ruled otehrwise. Note Im not sure what they are for after the ruling how ever lol
    https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/...ot-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect.html

14. SolInvictus

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, I see your point. It's true. The government is just a small group of individuals. Any individual or group can turn on any other individual or group. Unfortunately, the government has the bigger stick so fighting it and winning is this close ___ to impossible.

15. SolInvictus

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Galison

Reading List:
    Link
    yea sadly its one of those cases where being correct sucks

SolInvictus likes this.
  17. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... A bit is hard to argue.

And answering, (i) a person should protect themself at the very minimum, allowed isn't the right word. (ii) logically speaking, yes. But think again, do you really need a firearm to do so? And i think you're gonna say "sure, the more powerful it is, the more we can protect ourself"

But is this really the answer? If i make an exaggerated example for it, its like saying "hey, criminals today use bazookas and grenades! To protect ourself, we need to have some explosives too!"

Are human that low? This is like going back to the nature law "kill or be killed". What use cop is if we're just gonna kill? Cleaning the corpses? Where is the civilized part of ourself?

And thats why i think using blunt objects to protect is better as it have a less lethality than gun, can be used to subdue with less chance to kill your opponent.

And the last bit, aren't using gun can make the situation worse? If a shootout start, can you really protect your family with guns? I think they are more likely to die from a stray bullet, but using blunt object are less likely to alert the attackers and lowering the chance they'll use their gun

18. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    raccoon bread.jpg

tbh for USA I doubt about gun restriction law
    why? cuz USA have big Arms Industry including Gun
    it have impact to Nation economy so who knows~

hah~ da main issue is how to prevent such thing, how to catch such thing, and handle after effect~ allowing citizen carry gun not resolve da main problem~ yes I really say it not resolve main problem cuz those who ask give us da gun and we will defend ourself only want short term resolve not long term~
    no offense citizen of country who allow civilian bring gun

fyi our country do have law allow civilian to bring gun with strict requirement~ with that license you can bring gun hmm I think it around pistol caliber~ and that gun must made by legal factory/Manufacture such as Pindad, FN, Glock ect with full document~ not made by illegal artisan which usually used by begal~
    I honestly think 80~90% our current civilian will fail da test to get da Gun license~

19. MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN

MEGA SPARTA CHICKEN Planet sized warrior Tony without wisdom teeth

Reading List:
    Link
    You can hug your killer all you want I refuse to do so and if they need explosives to defend themselves that's what they will get along with a new government since the old one is trying to kill them or it's destroyed.

20. Lazybum0

Lazybum0 Cheers darlin'

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh.The problem is when they sell them to developing countries , heck it's fine and dandy if it's legal and they have rights to defend themselves and all that , but CONTROL it's trafficking.
    Now if the criminals are going to have guns even if it's not legal , you might as well legalize it. Imo the ideal is when only the police and military force can have them as in Japan or dunno.
    Here , in the place I live there's dozens of executions per month. Sometime weeks.