Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Curious about this as well, but forced marriage is a NG (political or otherwise if there is no love behind it).

Nakakure likes this.
  2. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no upper limit to the number of spouses, at least. :blobnosebleed:

Reman Scimitar and Nakakure like this.
  3. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Is Darcia Still biologicaly Van's Mother?

hillo315 likes this.
  4. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Arguably yes since Van's race changed when Darcia's race changed. At least you could say that there's a spiritual link between them. Physically, Darcia is 100% distinct since the only components she was created from was the orihalcon skeleton Van prepared, Vida's blood and the special cells created by Zakkart. I've no idea what her DNA is like but it could have been spiritually inherited. Incidentally, she's 0 years old currently according to the god of status :blobokhand:

Anyway, try arguing with Van that she isn't his mother and he'll kill you.

Totally meaningless random thought: is Darcia a virgin now and if so would Van count as a virgin birth!?

Nakakure, Bla8bla, Claus and 2 others like this.
  5. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait... She's not a loli... but she's illegal? :hmm:

Nope. Darcia may be a virgin retroactively but you can't change past events on a going-forward basis.

6. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Only in our humanly eyes lol

7. Isekai07

Isekai07 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just realized something, if Kanako has a Guidance skill, doesn't that mean she can theoretically attract people away from Van? Is it not possible because it's weaker? Or is it because she's a subordinate of Van that it's more like befriending a trusted friend of a king (or emperor in this case)?

8. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    It's theoretically possible, but unlikely. It's especially unlikely to happen between Kanako and Van, because their Guidance skills are quite compatible with each other.

Korleone and Isekai07 like this.
  9. SnowDorian

SnowDorian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I ask myself why incest appears cyclically in the DM forums, you go to hell first class ... huahua

10. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    As fellow Mama-con , i want Van to really care his mother.

11. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah actually it's already appear in early page.

12. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This was touched on in chapter 283. Theoretically speaking, two guiders with openly conflicting ideologies could potentially guide individuals away from each other. However, seeing as how Kanako was not only guided by Van, but Van is actually an active part of supporting the realization of Kanako's ideology with lighting, costumes, equipment, etc. there is in this case really no conflict whatsoever between Van's ideology and Kanako's. Like even less so than the Champions back in the Demon King War. This is explicitly why Kanako finally decided to take the job.

So basically it's impossible because of who these characters are. There's pretty much no clear way to actually create a schism between the Entertainment Path from the Creation part of Van's path at the very least (good luck doing an idol show without any equipment! :blobowoevil_horns:) and Van and Kanako themselves are actively supporting each other's ideologies. While this hasn't been stated outright, I think Entertainment guider is pretty much gonna work the way Van's guidance does every time he adds a new path: everyone Kanako guides who Van also guided keeps the benefits of both.

Mesaphrom, hillo315, Nakakure and 5 others like this.
  13. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Why Peria can give divine protection but Botin can't? Is Peria Sealed with different being or method?
    My Image of Peria is woman in early twenty, slender body with moderate breast, use glasses. Basicly Intellectual-Cool type.

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  14. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't bring it up, so... no comment... :blob_zipper_mouth:

I think Peria is pretending to sleep right now. She's not as restricted as Botin, at least.

Sure, let's go with that. Of course, whatever Densuke reveals may completely ruin whatever imagined appearance you think Peria has, so good luck. But until then, bring on the fanart!

Reman Scimitar likes this.
  15. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its me again with another random/off topic question: how exactly job/rank systems are tied with reincarnation systems ?
    Is there any direct tie between job/ranking systems and reincarnation systems ?

I know that beings that are classified as monsters get rank system only but how some races like ghouls or vampires get both ranking and job systems, but if I remember correctly if they become suporters of evil god from demon king faction side they will lose access to job system(well I could be remembering it wrong though...), if this is true then it would seem like they were moved to demon king reincarnation system, which would imply job/rank systems are directly tied to reincarnation systems.

So from what I see it seems redcortes reincarnation system on lambda is only tied to job system, demon king reincarnation system is only tied to rank system, while vida's reincarnation system is tied to both rank and job system, as we see with her races having access to both(vampire, ghouls) or just one of them(for example dark elfs can only level job), this does make me wonder if many of her new races having access to rank up system was on purpose(make new races stronger) or accident since she based her reincarnation system on demon king one.

By the way van is currently pulling people into vida's reincarnation system, but from what ive heard in this thread before van later in the story gains partial access demon king reincarnation system, shouldnt that mean he is going to pull people later toward demon king system, especially if he gain more/complete access to it(possibly because he absorbs more/all DK fragments or because he chooses more demon king related jobs).

16. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They're not tied to each other at all! :cookie: At this point there are examples of people getting access to jobs, ranks or sometimes even both, regardless of if they were reincarnated through Rodcorte's, Guduranis' or Vida's systems. So no, no connection. They're managed by different gods entirely, the Status System was purposefully isolated from everything by Ricklent and Zuruwarn, and which system your soul is reincarnated through originally doesn't appear to be a criteria whatsoever for if the God of Jobs or the God of Ranks gives you one of those.

As far as I can tell, the only criteria for getting a job is that the God of Jobs classifies you as a "native species of Lambda". And the only criteria for getting a rank is that the God of Ranks classifies you as a "monster". The simplest demarcation of this generally seems to be races created by Gods from Lambda are automatically considered natives, and those who were created by Evil Gods are automatically considered monsters. This is why say the Arachne or Scylla have both Jobs and Ranks: One of their creators was a High God of Lambda, and the other was a different Evil God from the Demon King's world. But these aren't the only ways to get into one category or another. For instance, undead lose their "native species" designation and gain a "monster" one. This is how Zakkart's undead and Vida could make "half-undead" races like Vampires and Ghouls who gained access to both Jobs and Ranks like the Lambda God+Evil God races. Or the Evil Gods hidden on the demon king's continent made homunculi who were monsters because Evil Gods made them, but could also take jobs because they were made to be exactly the same as humans, who are considered natives. Or there's cases of "quarter monsters" like Van and other dhampirs who aren't considered "monstery" enough anymore by the God of Ranks and thus don't get ranks at all.

Finally, as far as we know so far, Van still doesn't have any access to the Guduranis' reincarnation system, just his ability to create customized monster races. A good illustration of this is that the monsters in Van's dungeons are all soulless automatons, unlike other dungeons, who have monsters that are getting supplied with souls by Guduranis' circle. In fact, since no one's overseeing the Demon King's reincarnation circle like Rodcorte is for his, we don't actually have any explicit explanation for how Van's abilities interact with that circle. Though I think it's probably safe to assume that Van is guiding the souls of the various monsters who join him onto Vida's circle too. :blobwhistle:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Culaio, Mesaphrom, Claus and 2 others like this.
  17. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Quite curious of his rank now if he were to be on the in-between Rank and Job line :blobrofl:

Mesaphrom likes this.
  18. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    When Van took the "Demon King" job he got the skill "imitation reincarnation" but that got integrated into Dark King Magic immediately. Apart from that, I don't remember any hints of Van having access to the Demon King's reincarnation system (and even this example is very weak) but I might have forgotten something.

19. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    I went back through this little sub-thread and I think I got where the divergence happened. In my original reply I was only comparing Doug and Randolph in terms of how they reacted to Kanako but in your post that I was replying to you mentioned Van. Who is definitely a special case, no question.

To simply repeat the original point I was trying to make: in Randolph's case I didn't get a sense that he was picking up a charm like effect, at least going by his specific thoughts. This is in contrast to Doug. On the other hand, Randolph's reaction was enormous considering his character so maybe he did pick up something more but didn't quite understand it.

To go back to your point a bit: We know that in Van's case his Death Attribute Charm made a big difference - his presence normally was so weak that often people wouldn't even notice him. On the other hand, ghouls and so on were affected by the Charm and noticed him greatly. Kanako already has skills like Allure (which many women in the series have) and that could quite possibly turn into something stronger due to her Guidance job - it wouldn't be surprising at all. It'll be interesting to see how this all turns out.

On a slightly related note, in the V1+2 summary, we have this entry on Zadiris:
    In the LN, it was mentioned in the narration that (before she met Van) she was partly treated like a mascot by the other ghoul women (ie they didn't take her entirely seriously).

Zadiris is also the only ghoul to use this old style of speech (as far as I remember). It makes me wonder if Zadiris is over-compensating for her apparent age - ie she wants people to treat her as an elder. It wouldn't surprise me to learn if Zadiris didn't originally use that speech style, for example.

So perhaps where the author is going with this is to slowly evolve Zadiris from someone who is genuinely old but looks young (and is perhaps a bit less mentally mature than her age would indicate) into someone who is physically young (thanks to Van's age reduction) and starts to embrace her "youth", as it were. In the latest chapter we see Kanako call her "Zadiris-chan" which kinda makes her "one of the girls". The whole "magical girl" and "princess" thing has also been highlighting her youth and her resistance has been slowly weakening.

20. Culaio

Culaio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for your explanation, you explained it really well, it helped me understand a lot of stuff, do you think there is any chance tha tin the future job/rank system will expand to cover beings in vida reincarnation system that it currently doesnt cover, like job system including undead.
    Also I wonder how Ricklent and Zuruwarn currently view rank system, from what I understand rank system wasnt something that was supposed to exist(was added by DK or something to their system), so it was big problem originally, but what about now, do you think if they could do something about rank system, would they delete it or oposite, include all races into it ?

Oh so thats what people meant, to be honest it doesnt sound like van gained access to DK reincarnation system, instea gained ability to create imitation of reincarnation system, was there anything in the description mentioning gaining access to DK system ?

Mesaphrom and hillo315 like this.