Spoiler Yao Tiao Jun Zi (BL)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by celiac, Oct 8, 2018.

1. celiac

celiac Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    窈窕君子 by 三千风雪

(A Seductive Man/Gentleman; yaotiao normally represents feminine grace, but it sounds weird translated yknow)

Raw Link: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=3193505

Summary:

The person who’s martial arts is the best in the world. The person who holds unparalleled prestige. The person who is respected by his juniors in the Jianghu. The person who is the eldest disciple of Tianqing Sect, the leading sect of the Six Great Sects. The person who is idolized by thousands of heroes, the princeps of the pugilist world, Ming Changyan shaoxia*.

During a decisive battle, he slipped and fell.

Ten years worth of cultivation were completely destroyed, and he was reduced to a normal man.

Fortunately, fate decided that his life shouldn’t end there, and he survived.

The doctor**: If you want restore your abilities, become a palace concubine!

In order to get the miracle herb which was offered to the emperor by the XiYu Region***, the immortal’s grass, Ming-shaoxia could only put on a skirt, apply powder makeup, bear the humiliation, and join in on the palace drama.

Ming ChangYan: This shaoxia has no shame.

Younger, ruthless but pampering, vinegar-eating gong x distinguished, elegant, handsome, easy-going, talks big but gives in as soon as the other party gets upset**** shou

Huai Yu/怀瑜 (gong) x Ming Changyan/明长宴 (shou)

Author Notes (summarized bc i’m tired): mainly easy-going adventures through the jianghu
    (the author is very insistent that it’s 1v1) both fall in love at first sight
    plot takes place in the palace at first, but the main setting is jianghu and unraveling mysteries (t/n think mdzs) but most importantly: ML isn’t the emperor! isn’t a prince!

*shaoxia can be translated as “a young pugilist hero/knights errant” but it sounds weird if directly translated. i’d recommend reading the wuxia wiki page if ur not familiar with the genre
    **word used here is 神医 which basically is a doctor so skilled it’s as if they were a god
    ***西域, a region west of the emperor, a term most commonly used in the context of the Han dynasty
    ****秒怂 this one required some research but it’s a web term; an example from the novel is that MCY likes to tease HY but as soon as HY makes a forwards gesture towards him, MCY turns beet red and immediately tries to escape

My Comments:
    This novel is incomplete as of now but i’m 60 chapters in and i love love love this novel so much

the dynamic between the MC and ML is sooo good and hits all my fave troupes (ML gets angered easily by MC cause MC is truly shameless. MC regrets and pulls all the tricks up his sleeve to try and get ML to forgive him haha. But despite his cold exterior, ML really does adore MC. One of my fave scenes is when ML meticulously picks out fish bones so MC can eat fish without being stabbed by fish bones) added to that, since MC is disguised as a royal concubine but has a weird tension with ML, bystanders often feel scandalized haha but eventually they just assume that MC and ML are having an affair.

it’s comedy at its heart but occasionally it gets super angsty?? the plot is mostly the MC and ML trying to figure out a series of murders (that at first glance uses MCs specialty technique) that seem to follow MC where ever he goes and to figure out what exactly happened to cause MC to become hated by the entire pugilist world

it def gave me mdzs vibes, but it’s unique in its own way! but if u enjoyed mdzs, i really think that you’d like this too! it’s not translated yet but maybe someone will pick it up :aww:? but i can give general spoilers up to chapter 60! tho i don’t know a lot of names bc the site i’m using drops characters for some reason (eg A-Jun is shorted to A :facepalm:)

@alexfilia could you give everybody a poke? :blobpeek:

2. TomiNdumplings

TomiNdumplings Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sound kinda interesting *waits for spoiler* :blobpopcorn:

3. Ryss

Ryss ... a small emanon...

Reading List:
    Link
    *starts camping*

Lil Bun likes this.
  4. mereumsama

mereumsama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fortunately ,for once ML is not the emperor. , at first I really thought that it was him . Just finished a novel yesterday will give this one a try now.

Rangeles likes this.
  5. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's a poke, I can assist.

And since the sect master has already been invited, sending an invitation to all the disciples. :blobwink:
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara
    @iampsyx @insteadofdeath @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime
    @LaDyViL @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @rainbowturtle @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot
    @UpInTheAir
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro
    @324722
    Please bear with me for all that have already visited this thread~!

6. MikotoP

MikotoP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A novel with an emperor but he’s not the ML?! That’s quite refreshing for a change. :cookie: What’s the ML’s identity?

Boinkers and Nom de Plume like this.
  7. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
    sounds interesting...so many novels onto the eternal list of to read...

korathan skala, Boinkers and Inland like this.
  8. celiac

celiac Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    even by ch 61 i don’t think that MLs identity has been made COMPLETELY clear but what we do know about him is that:
    -his shifu is the country’s prime minister, and since his shifu is often away ML often takes over the duties. people generally call him the “small prime minister”
    -he’s a very good doctor and has healed some royals. he uses his skills to help MC regain his martial art without the use of the immortal grass.
    -he is so important that even the emperor has to give him face (ML gets MC out from having to service the emperor once. i’m not sure what he did but after that night people looked at MC weird)
    -he has a jianghu name too! he’s pretty well respected and has xianzi/little immortal in his name i just can’t rmb it rn lol
    -he’s loaded; he uses gold nuggets as weapons (MCs reaction that that was hilarious)
    -MC and him met before the events of the novel! that flashback arc was really cute
    -he seems to be connected to MCs mom? there’s also a woman (who has already passed away) who gave him an amber pendant

9. Misogi

Misogi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uuuh sounds interesting :aww:
    Btw what’s mdzs? Oo

10. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    MDZS is Mo Dao Zu Shi. That's the Chinese (raw) name of Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation/ Founder of Diabolism.

Azla7MC, Darcy and Misogi like this.
  11. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Misogi

Misogi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    aaaaah i see i see thx for the info xD

13. Inland

Inland Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *starts camping*
    Another like MDZS yay uay yau yay

14. Shizuka15

Shizuka15 Lady Lan XiChen

Reading List:
    Link
    sounds interesting! Thanks for the summon!

Zhen_Qing likes this.
  15. savvyblue

savvyblue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Similar to MDZS :aww:

How do I get added to the danmei sect?:blobpats:

16. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually by alerting me, and I'll accept the application on behalf of the sect head alexfilia. :blobokhand:

Selax likes this.
  17. Hanaru

Hanaru comfort me

Reading List:
    Link
    *sets camp*
    Spoill~ Hana ah~
    *acts cute*
    Squeak~ :sushi_singing::sushi_singing::sushi_singing::sushi_singing:

TomiNdumplings likes this.
  18. hikaharu

hikaharu Well-Known Member