LCD The Simple Job of Only Perishing to the Hero

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zone Q11, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Rogue Will

Rogue Will [A Passing Devil]

Reading List:
    Link
    That always stung me in a bad way. Why the authors bother to call the guys demons/majins if the only difference is that they have a longer lifespan and some unique magic. F*ck, even the elves still have pointed ears to tell. Give them godamn horns at least.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  2. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... aren't most generic "beastmen" -or rather "demi-humans"- also basically humanoids creatures with nothing special aside from their animalistic traits?

Rather, living with horns would actually be more of a hassle to take care for were it ever to be true. Especially when dressing up common normal clothing.

Rogue Will likes this.
  3. Rogue Will

Reading List:
    Link
    Is what I'm grumping about, the majority of the autors write these "demi"-humans like if they were a neighbor ctulhu. And also, technology evolves to match the user, tails, horns and wings, independently of the source open various paths of fashion, accessories and even fighting. Just look at the draenei of WoW, they are a true demi-human imo.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  4. Rogue Will

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not saying that the guy has to drescribe a werewolf to have the right to call it other race, but co'mom dude just ears and a tail? The name of this is kemonomimi.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  5. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    Humu. Well, if you're mad at the authors then you may as well get angry at the "human" residents in their story. Even if it is because of the authors' will, they (the human race of their story) are basically the reason why the demi-humans are called demi-humans. Even RWBY's "demi-human" has a race name: Faunus.
    Humu humu... Well answered, but aren't such technologies rather too modern for most of the generic fantasy stories?
    ...not much of a good example. I googled it and it only raises more questions as to how the heck they put on those clothes and armor.
    Yeah, at least I understand this part. This feeling is indeed very relatable. At least, for me it is.

Rogue Will likes this.
  6. Rogue Will

Reading List:
    Link
    In the matter of technology, I once had the opportunity to visit a museum of crafts and dude there are things that seem to come out of a steampunk story you can hardly imagine what the things do, and how do, so I think it's fitting that by the level of intellect these creatures would allow them build things for their own needs, and if I had to give a kick (for clothes) I would bet on knots or straps. I mean, look at the cut of some of today's (mostly female) clothing, it's totally fitting for a being with those bodies to use it. Wide trousers for hooves, hoods with holes for horns It's not something so difficult to imagine, if you look thinking about it.

On the subject of the term, I myself am against the use of the term demi-humans, imo, that is decharacterizes and devalues the culture of the species in fictions, sort of carving the species as inferior, and this is not always true, I say this more for a matter of understanding in discussions. For example for replacement for those with animal characteristics: Therians, Lycans, Zoans, Nahuais and more are fitting, just need some research for reach something related.

I think the problem is the stereotypes, the authors are very apprehensive of using new terms or concepts, it's like what happened to the dark elves (drows), although they are derived from the Nordic skarvalfar you just can not find references in the novels of similar elves who are not treacherous psychos and all basically because of the weight of success in D&D. The only exception I've seen so far was Nighthunter MC in RR. And don't dare to say that these overly tanned elves are dark elves.

7. Rogue Will

Reading List:
    Link
    This topic is so fucked up that just look at Overlord, in history the guild technically does not accept creatures that are not heteromorphic but pretty much every boss is basically human in appearance, wtf. The guys want to write monsters and fantastic creatures but just can not get out of the comfort zone of what they understand and do something that is more. It's because of that sort of thing that guys like Tolkien and Lovecraft succeed, they dare.

Zone Q11 likes this.
  8. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to explain it based from the language perspective. Majin (魔人) and Mamono (魔物) both can means demon. But the first one is more like a spiritual/mythical race, as an example of it, Dracula (1931 film) is translated to 魔人ドラキュラ read as majin dracula. The latter one is more like monster and the likes. And for the demi-human, author might use Ajin (亜人) for the kanji which means basically demi-human or sub-human and there's even a manga and anime with Ajin as the name.

9. venu101

venu101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish the characters sheets would be translated as well.

10. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    i can help with translating the characters sheet and post it here but I will only translate the name and don't expect me to post it soon xD

venu101 and Rogue Will like this.
  11. Rogue Will

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks dude

12. venu101

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep that's enough

13. venu101

Reading List:
    Link
    When are you posting by the way?

14. venu101

Reading List:
    Link
    Luuty is falling because he carries the same aura as ryuuya

15. Rogue Will

Reading List:
    Link
    Hehe, the flags keep rising

venu101 likes this.
  16. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry. I was in a trip so I couldn't do anything ;;>.>

I found image with higher res
    00000_img.jpg
    00002_img.jpg
    From right to left:
    1. Nino
    2. Vermudol
    3. Ichika
    4. Rokuna
    5. Nanarusu (glasses wearing oldman)
    6. Kainz (Reincarnated Hero)
    7. Ainz
    8. Luuty

and four demon king's generals

I simply love Vermudol's characters and his design. I'm surprised that the alva in the cover doesn't fit with the one in my imagination xD

Zone Q11 and venu101 like this.
  17. venu101

Reading List:
    Link
    Nanarusu is the new servant from spoiler?

Rogue Will likes this.
  18. venu101

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a flag fest since his death lol

19. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    most likely. This is one of the reason why I don't translate the character introduction xD. It can be a spoiler.

Rogue Will and venu101 like this.
  20. venu101

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks mate

kenar likes this.