Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. GaiaJupiter

GaiaJupiter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is somehow a bit unrelated here, but somehow still in ancient Chinese. Anyone interested can read this Wikipedia lol.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_Er_Shen

Aka, this is the Chinese god of homosexuality. Other words rabbit god.

2. vrotki

vrotki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me while reading this chapter was most likely this :blobangery: (and a bit of this :aww: for A-Yuan). Jin GuangShan is so shameless! And Jin Guangyao too! And those stupid cultivators talking shit about MianMian! Funny thing, I rewatched some episodes today and thought that I didn't like her because she was a total damsel in distress but after this chapter I changed my mind, go MianMian! :blobhero: I think it is "fake" part of ways but their duel needed to look realistic or someone would notice.

Piesus, setsuna3025, Aeli and 6 others like this.
  3. chiino

chiino Lady Nie [scheming with my hubby, Huaisang]

Reading List:
    Link
    That could be true if I look at it that way. If I take away spoilers, and the translation of the original version of the story. I just view Cheng's thoughts differently. We don't really get to see much into his mind aside from the jealously that's thrown all over the place. For me he went to see Wei Ying to protect him and his clan. He wanted to talk sense into Wei Ying - his way. Which his way, is like the views of everyone else. Kill the Wens, turn them over. Make yourself apologize and move on with your sect...
    Jiang Cheng, “I’m the one who fucking wants to give you a thrashing! Yes, they helped us before, but why in the world don’t you understand that right now any remnant of the Wen Sect is a target of criticism! No matter who they are, with a surname of Wen they have committed a most heinous crime! And those who protect the Wen are at risk of being condemned by everyone! All the people loathe the Wen-dogs so badly that the worse they die the better. Whoever protects them is against the entire world. Nobody would speak for them, and nobody would speak for you either!”

Wei WuXian, “I don’t need anyone to speak for me.”

Jiang Cheng exploded, “Just what are you being so stubborn about? If you can’t do it then move over—I’ll do it!”

Wei WuXian gripped him even tighter, his fingers as tight as iron, “Jiang WanYin!”

Jiang Cheng, “Wei WuXian! Don’t you understand? When you’re standing on their side, you’re the bizarre genius, the miraculous hero, the force of the rebellion, the flower that blooms alone. But the second your voice differs from theirs, you’ve lost your mind, you’ve ignored morality, you’ve walked the crooked path. You think you can be immune to all those condemnations as you stay outside of the world and do whatever you want? No such precedent has happened before!”

Wei WuXian shouted, “If there’s been no precedent, then I’ll be the precedent!”

Swords unsheathed, the two stared at each other for a while. Neither was willing to take a single step back. A while later, Jiang Cheng spoke, “Wei WuXian, have you still not realized what the situation at hand is like? Do you really need me to say it out loud? If you insist on protecting them, then I won’t be able to protect you.”
    I took this whole conversation differently. He's warning Wei Ying what will happen if he keeps this up. He can't protect him forever if he keeps doing this herioc deed. Jiang Cheng will pick the sect over Wei Ying. He thought he could talk with Wei Ying, maybe convince him. He could kill the Wen's for Wei Ying so he wouldn't have to worry about it. He was willing to just outright kill them all to protect Wei Ying. He brought the men for slaughter. For the purpose of bringing Wei Ying back with him and getting rid of the doubts of other sects.

In the end; Jiang Cheng is hurt. Wei Ying is doing what Wei Ying does, like he always has. This is something even Jiang Cheng knows himself since he voices it in the meeting. Wei Ying turns his back on him and his promise for the left Wens. The person who Jiang Cheng views as his brother, not a tool - betrays him. Jiang Cheng takes this time in the heat of the moment to battle him. Maybe it really wasn't a "fake" duel, but its less painful to think of it as real. Cheng was definitely hurt during these scenes.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    Rcyan, Sandu, setsuna3025 and 7 others like this.
  4. Chibi WangXian

Chibi WangXian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor Wei Ying...he had to be the defected one in order to release Yunmeng Jing sect from any accusation from other cultivation sect. He had to live alone without anyone close to him,no one beside him to bear the consequencess together :blobsad::blobsad::blobsad:

Don’t worry WWX, later on LWJ will always protect you no matter what u do :blob_pompom:

Rcyan, Piesus, setsuna3025 and 3 others like this.
  5. tailor31415

tailor31415 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that's kind of funny because LWJ takes WWX into his home, WWX helps raise his child (LSZ), and WWX calls him Lan Er Gege (as a joke) :blobthinkingsmirk: just like the description of the Fujian marriages here ^

6. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    I have never been so angry, so utterly angry, disappointed, I have never felt this much rage from damn f*cken BACKGROUND CHARACTERS BEFORE! Freaking hell these bloody motherf*ckers!! It was so hard reading through this chapter, personally, I want to break a table right now, scream at the top of my lungs on a faraway mountain. I want to curse these idiots to death, I want to beat them up, smack them in the head, I want to bloody put a knife in Jin Guang Shan's sorry as head rip that damn f*cken mouth of his face, and that fake as freaking smile from JGY!

Especially the part when they started mocking the hell out of MianMian. "Because she's a woman" "Well, she's a woman" She's a woman this, she's a woman that, seriously?? Are you f*cking serious? That's your argument? That's your counter argument for her argument? MianMian's words were solid, she was right, she made sense! It was a battlefield for Godsake! Of course, there's going to be indiscriminate killings!! And, on that note, Wei had never, NEVER, hurt anybody nor used anyone from their side in the Sunshot Campaign as part of his corpse army, he used the Wens & that's it.

The more they blabbered on the more I realised monkey's with their screeching have a more stronger argument than these buffoons. And then there's Cheng...oh Cheng....I feel horrible you were made to sit through those people's crap & at the same time slight sadness at the fact that those bloody idiot's words got through to you. If I was in that room, I would've yelled for everyone to shut the f*ck up, shove their puny as mouths up their asses, and tell Cheng to think, believe, and act not based on everyone else's damnable opinions towards Wei but towards his own feelings. Cheng, you grew up with him, you went through a lot with him, you should already know best deep, deep down in your heart, that what all these idiots are saying is not Wei at all, in fact, out of all the people in that room, aside from Wangji, Cheng you know best what kind of person Wei is.

...Its just too bad no one said more to defend Wei in that room, I feel like YanLi would've made a difference if she were there, but then again maybe not? Who knows? My heart is just burning with rage right now, I have so much more I wanna say, but I need some air to cool down, freaking hell :blobjoy::blobsob:

Sandu, Piesus, setsuna3025 and 10 others like this.
  7. StarSaber

StarSaber <3 Everyday is Everyday.... secretly Wei Wuxian.

Reading List:
    Link
    I was just thinking something, if they don't animate the scene where LWJ drags WWX in to the Inn with his ribbon wrapped around his arms in front of all the juniors I'm going to cry. I just want to see the Juniors reactions.

8. Loverofanimeandmanga

Loverofanimeandmanga Equality doesn't exactly exist.

Reading List:
    Link
    When Nie MingJue said this
    “But she’s never stopped them either.”
    and this
    “If she responded with only silence and not opposition when the Wen Sect was causing mayhem, it’s the same as indifference.
    I look at him like this:blobexpressionless: then like this :blobconfused: that turns into this:blobwoah:
    But when Jin GuangShan said this
    Things like how during the Sunshot Campaign the victories of the YunmengJiang Sect were all because of Wei WuXian alone—what nonsense!”
    F#CK HIM HOW DEAR HE SAY THAT TO JIANG CHENG I'M SO PISSED.:blobangery:
    Lan Wangji is that you :cry: * happy tears.*
    Suddenly, an indifferent voice spoke up, “No.”
    I'm just glade Lan Wangji was their to appease my rage :blobdevil:
    Lan WangJi sat with his back straight, speaking in a tone of absolute tranquility, “I did not hear Wei Ying say this. I did not hear him express the slightest disrespect towards Sect Leader Jiang either.”
    Lan Zhan you the best:blobmelt:
    . But after all, his fabrication was exposed right in front of so many. He felt a bit awkward.
    Shame. Evil laugh hahaha:blobparty:

EXCUSE ME!! YOU ARE THE ARROGANT PRICK. :blobdevil:
    “That’s right. Anyhow, his attitude has always been arrogant.”

I'm not gonna quote Mian Mian but I will say I'm so glade she wont die, like all my other favorite female characters in Mo Dao Zu Shi:blobsob:
    It hard to believe that the author of Mo Dao Zu Shi didn't create a single bad female character..... Oh wait I forgot about that thing
    Bitch.png
    Yeah all those side characters need to die. :blobsweat_2::blobninja: Anyway that's all I'm saying in re guards to this chapter and my :blobthinkingsmirk:thoughts.

9. salbireo

salbireo RanWan ❤

Reading List:
    Link
    We must believe MDZS team did their best for Donghua S2, they never dissapointing us. All we can do keep praying :blobtriumph:

10. Rizu_

Rizu_ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too.. Because out of curiosity i read all 500+ page. :aww::aww::aww: Became silent reader since 300+ page and make an account just lately :facepalm:

11. Loverofanimeandmanga

Loverofanimeandmanga Equality doesn't exactly exist.

Reading List:
    Link
    Wops I lie suddenly I remembered this part
    You fell for him back in the cave of the Xuanwu just because he flirted with you? You’re still arguing for him, calling white black no matter how irrational it is. Ha, women will always be women.”
    and was suddenly all like *Ahem* get your facts straight it was Lan Wangji who acknowledged his feeling for Wei Ying not Mian Mian who fell for Wei Ying:facepalm: Cause she didn't you piece of sh#t.:blobangery:

Sandu, setsuna3025, vrotki and 8 others like this.
  12. diggiedo

diggiedo New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean this scene
    https://pin.it/tbxk2ankbniyjv
    Forgot to say I don’t know what’s being said.

13. htly6f

htly6f Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 73 definitely makes my blood boil. I just want to learn demonic power just to attend that meeting and burn those screeching so called righteous sect to ashes. But that is how these sect always runs. They eliminated the powerful to gain power and the cycle begin all over again. You can see the greed for power slowly immense in the Lanling Jin sect. They claim they want the tiger seal for the good of all but in truth, it was more than that. It wasn't because they fear WWX with it, it is because they want that power for themselves. The greed for power turn them into the Wen themselves. Their method of punishment on the remaining Wen made them no different than the cruel Wen.

And it makes my blood boil how all these sects (a bunch of FOLLOWERS) claim that what they towards the Wen is righteous. They treated those innocent Wen as not even humans and they say their action is right. For such righteous sect, they sure can't different good Wen and bad Wen. And now with fear of WWX power and protection of the Wen, they turn their back and trash WWX after how much he has contribute to destroying the Wen during the Sunshot campaign. Without him, I doubt they could've of won on their rebellion given Wen had quite strong cultivators and in that case, their life would've of been gone.

And how furious reading those Sect followers beseech MianMian as she defend WWX and using the reasoning she's a woman. She's so much more of a leader than all of them combine. At least she can differentiate right and wrong. Not treat every humans under Wen name (even innocent kids) as dog-Wen that must be obliterated. UGH, is it wrong to say I cannot wait until WWX kill them all, they deserve it.

I feel bad that Lan Wangji and MianMian do not have much more power over these people. I can see how much it differentiate from this time to the current where Lan Wanji just silent them all LOL.

setsuna3025, Koshin, vrotki and 6 others like this.
  14. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Now, now, guys, NMJ wasn't in the wrong to ask what Wen Qing has done. It's a perfectly logical question - did she or did she not help the Wen clan? Should she be considered an "enemy Wen"? It's not like NMJ knew her personally or was helped by her.

It's true that Wen Qing and Wen Ning helped the Jiang clan but that wouldn't absolve her if she did join the Wen clan in their crimes. Of course, we as the readers know she's innocent but the others don't know that.

You know, it's actually pretty common for criminals to not be 100% evil. They say there are serial killers who are very good fathers, son, etc. but just because you take good care of your family doesn't mean you get a pass for your crimes.

I would also like to point out that it's pretty clear this isn't about the Wen clan at all. I can tell from the way JGS and JGY were steering the conversation that it's actually about WWX and how they want him gone, as well as taking the Tiger Seal from him.

To be honest, do the Jins really care about a few pitiful Wen remnants? Wen Qing and the leftovers are probably either non-combatants Wen Qing is a medic) or the weakest Wen cultivators left (young children and elderly people).

IMO, this 99.99% the Jin clan wanting more power and suppressing WWX who seems poised to become extremely powerful.

remember:

Nie MingJue, “The woman has much more backbone than the mob of her sect.”​

He's talking about MianMian. NMJ is not like the rest of that mob, he knows what's right. It's not like he wanted everyone to go off and kill the Wen survivors, he simply waited for JC to deal with it. They actually are giving JC face since it's his clan member.

Also, don't criticize JC too much. It's true that he suggested that WWX should give back (some of) the survivors but in the end, he basically did agree to WWX taking care of the Wens.

He laughed coldly, talking to himself, “‘To attempt the impossible’? Fine. You understand the YunmengJiang Sect’s motto. Better than I do. Better than all of us do.”​

They staged a fake falling out but at this point they haven't really fallen out, have they? I mean, cracks are showing but JC sort of half approves and thinks that WWX has a savior complex. So in this chapter JC agreed to let WWX do as he wished.

Sandu, Cypress, setsuna3025 and 8 others like this.
  15. TiramiQ

TiramiQ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't know if this is a controversial or an unpopular opinion but after reading chapter 73 i decided that i don't like Jiang Cheng at all.

basically, Jiang Cheng took advantage of Wei WuXian and used him when it was convenient for him and then threw him away when being associated with him became no longer convenient.
    Jiang Cheng had no problem with demonic cultivation when it achieved his own dreams of annihilating the Wens and avenging his parents and sect. even now, judging from his words, he doesn't particularly oppose it because he objectively thinks it's morally wrong or potentially harmful for Wei WuXian (like Lan WangJi does), and he doesn't oppose Wei WuXian's actions because he inherently thinks it is wrong to protect the Wen Survivors or to kill those Jin cultivators. no, he only opposes what Wei WuXian is doing because of how it reflects on him (JC) and that's just so selfish and self-serving. he is willing to sacrifice Wei WuXian for his own reputation and diplomatic relations with other sects.
    At first when i read about how Wei WuXian abandoned YunmengJiang to protect it from other sects' wrath against himself, i thought he did it without telling Jiang Cheng and that's why the latter felt betrayed and was enraged. but now i realized Jiang Cheng knew that Wei WuXian prioritized YunmengJiang's reputation over his own safety and reputation and the possibility of getting condemned and persecuted by other sects and, unlike what a good friend and a honorable sect leader would have done, Jiang Cheng just let it be and even made plans for Wei WuXian's departure to seem even more dishonourable (the implications of the dual and WWX's using Wen Ning against JC. it reflects so badly on WWX and gives other sects more ammo to condemn and persecute him). so Jiang Cheng basically threw Wei WuXian under the bus to save face.

from the beginning i've been iffy about their relationship. for me, if you harbour deep feelings of jealousy toward your best friend then you are not a good friend at all. especially when you don't use that jealousy to better yourself, but you let it fester until it ruins your relationship. it wasn't Wei WuXian's fault that JFM was more lenient with him and Wei WuXian was nothing but absolutely loyal to the Jiang sect and to Jiang Cheng particularly.

on a different note. here Wei WuXian once again confirms that he only stayed 3 months in the burial mound but on the other hand, when JGS was goading Jiang Cheng he said it has been a couple of years since the sunshot campaign. so i guess either going by the novel timeline or by the anime's timeline, a couple of years passed in between when Wei WuXian was thrown in the burial mound until he left the Lotus Pier.

Rcyan, Sandu, Piesus and 12 others like this.
  16. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    I admire you so much for having the ability to look at this all from a logical or 3rd perspective viewpoint I've still yet to learn how to do that effectively. I think everyone here pretty much can tell I have a bad habit of instinctively lashing out based on my feelings & morals alone :facepalm: It would save me so much trouble emotionally, I get headaches at times from the amount of anger that can get out of me whenever I'm reading novels, mangas or webtoons, I get so emotionally invested in these fictional characters :blobjoy:

I remember this one time I was reading this psychological manga, I got so pissed off at this one character and I hated him throughout. But, when it came to the part where we learned his side of the story, his side of the argument I got so conflicted, as to what I was supposed to feel, I was still angry, but at the same time, there was something else I felt. I think at that moment, I knew how Cheng felt when Weny Bear exposed the golden core truth. It's such a complicated and hard feeling, I got angry, bitter, slightly bad for hating him, it was such an uncomfortable feeling, and stupid cuz there was me reading a manga getting emotionally wrecked by a fictional character.

Anyways, back to gdc, as the voice of logical reason @readerz has said in their perspectives, I get or at least try to get why they acted the way they do. In the end, though I still find it all so disappointing, these cultivators hail themselves as people that are close to immortals, and yet their all covered in mortal affairs and ways of thinking. These people shouldn't be aspiring for power, they should be training hard to ascend into immortality, but it seems that goal has been completely washed away by their stupidity. They want power so badly? How about they start by fixing up their attitudes & get themselves a decent brain that works, one that's open-minded & not narrow-minded (눈_눈) ...Yeah sorry, this last sentence was my bias anger talking hahaha..ignore that...

17. TiramiQ

Reading List:
    Link
    i think it is the sheep mentality effect. notice how most of those sects were not prominent and the Jin sect was the biggest/strongest at the time so they were probably eager to please. besides, don't forget that these are a bunch of proud, egoistical and power-hungry men and they are also classists. having a "son-of-a-servent" hold all that power on his own and act disrespectfully toward them must have given them permanent blue balls. they were also jealous and afraid of him at once. so of course they are going to clap to whoever condemns him even if they spew obvious lies.

i think it was faked. when WWX said i'll just stay here and we'll make it look like i left the sect, JC said then let's have a duel. what he meant was to make the story more believable they have to make it look like they had a huge argument that ended in a fight and then led to WWX leaving the sect. besides, WWX would never actually use Wen Ning against JC.

if they don't animate that scene, we are rioting.

yeah i agree with this. NMJ was stating a simple fact. i know we all here like Wen Qing because of her relationship with WWX and what she did for him. but looking at it objectively, she chose her own safety and the safety of her brother and close family over doing the morally right thing. i don't blame her because if she went against Wen RouHan, he would have killed her whole family and loved ones, but once again, objectively speaking what NMJ said was a simple cold fact.

Sandu, Cypress, setsuna3025 and 9 others like this.
  18. Taestar

Taestar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I totally agree with this post and your previous one as well...
    I am so disappointed in JC his actions were pure jealousy and hatred if his sister was in his place when everyone disrespected wei yang I am sure she would have stood up for him and made them go silence.. Just like she did with ziyun or whatever his name is... JC didn't even try to defend wei yang...it is true that wen siblings are from the same sect but they didn't harm anyone.. Many of those who are being so righteous while disrespecing wei yang's effort were following wen and fighting for them while wei yang was the one who the biggest reason for the downfall of wen... Even that psycho who is from jin sec has killed many ppl from other sec under the excuse of trying to gain wen's trust so why no one is talking about that.... If JC was not a jealous brat who has so many insecurities and defended wei yang I am sure even lan zhan would have stand by his side and the both would have brought some sense into those crackheads.. And the outcomes would have been so different... Wei yang needed his friends the most he said it himself when he goes back to JC and his sister he feels like nothing has changed and he is his old self, if he was surrounded by those who he loved and cherished he wouldn't have ended up like that... But he was pushed away by those who he made huge sacrifices for... I used to wish for jc and wei yang to come back as they used to but not anymore... He doesn't deserve a friend like wei yang

19. TiramiQ

Reading List:
    Link
    you brought up 2 very important points here

A- most of these assholes who are condemning WWX now served and worked under the Wen sect when they were still in power. they have never stood up for them or defended a victim from the Wens out of fear for their own safety. the only exception as far as we know is Lan WangJi and Lan XiChen. and if it weren't for Lan XiChen with the help of NMJ these cowards wouldn't even have thought of launching the Sunshot campaign. manwhile, Wei WuXian has never bent his head for the Wens and even when they were at the peak of their power he still challenged them and stood against them to defend innocent people even at the expense of his life. they have lots of nerves coming at him now while riding the high moral horse. truly a bunch of disgusting hypocrites.

B- everyone is hung up on the collateral damage Wei WuXian caused but no one even mentioned the victims that died by Jin GwangYao's own hands when he was a spy for the Wens. at least WWX never killed anyone from their side intentionally during the war.

like i said earlier, this damnation of Wei WuXian has much more to do with jealousy, fear and power-hunger than it does with morals and righteousness.
    except for a few honest cultivators (the likes of LXC and NMJ), most cultivators were probably jealous of how much power he had, if not that then they were definitely afraid of him suddenly becoming their enemy and JGS in particular obviously wanted to get hold of that power but after WWX humiliated him (the Stygian Tiger Seal talk from chapter 72) he wanted to off him in retaliation.

it makes my blood boil to think all of this happened to Wei WuXian because of these power hungry arogant cowards. no denying that WWX changed to the worse after this new found power of his (mainly arrogance) but nothing he did deserved this.

Rcyan, setsuna3025, LoveManga and 5 others like this.
  20. Chuyin

Chuyin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, if I'm not mistaken, in one video on SV this song was even mentioned, "Chunshan", right? I wish I knew her text! :D

setsuna3025, LoveManga and readerz like this.