Discussion what do you think about MTLations

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Asf, Oct 14, 2018.

?

how do you feel bout em?

1. I skip it imidietly whatever it is

2. MTL is trash, its inacurate

3. Appretiate the effort, but I rather not

4. I read it if the work is interesting

5. I will read it only if its in good english

6. I appritiate their effort

7. I love MTL. because I read LNMTL myself

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sephi

Sephi Oh ho

Reading List:
    Link
    MTL is like when you're so incredibly famished the you would sell your soul to the devil for a single piece of bread with spikes on it.

FalseGod likes this.
  2. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    But you get to finish all those 3000 bread in a week rather than getting 1 every 3 days..

3. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve read novels that have been mtl’ed. Usually the translator would state it that they’re translating via mtl. Of course they work hard to edit it. So I have no problem with what they’re doing. If it’s a translator who is simply using mtl but doesn’t work to edit or inform people of the mtl then I drop the novel until a more capable person takes over and does proper releases~

FalseGod likes this.
  4. Sephi

Sephi Oh ho

Reading List:
    Link
    I would be dead halfway before I could finish all those spiked breads.
    I'd rather have a perfectly made cuisine than a bread full of spikes.

In any case, I never get famished.

5. Houye

Houye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing, I read on lnmtl a lot anyway.
    I'm a cash person, cards aren't my thing, hence I don't support anyway.
    Don't really care.

6. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    Well both Microsoft and Google are in development for Artificial Intelligence Translations and the projections are roughly around 2021 or so.

As for Machine Translations, if you are using a database from 2006-2016. It's really a hit or miss, but more on the miss side.

Human-edited Machine Translations are readable, if the person converting the text knows English grammar structure and stuff like that.

If any of their works are for profit, hey its up to you if you want to spend the money on it.

7. rexzshadow

rexzshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not as simple as you think actually. Making machine translate like humans is very very very very difficult. Like reason why machine translation was so shit for so long was because everyone was going about it like how a human one. Extract the meaning of the sentence in the native language then rebuilt that sentence in the new language. Extremely difficult and advancing really slow. Then google came along and say hey fuck that we can just go by pure statistic and match word up by how likely they are next to each other (I'm over simplifying the shit out of this). Bam machine translation suddenly became super good. However it only works with very well structured stuff. Like you read document there almost no problem reading pure mtl.

However you come to story writing where there so many different writing style and many thing being used in a non literal way it all breaks down hard. Actually doing some NLP stuff with my professor and she said what we more likely get is a machine that can spit out the meaning of a sentence and then you have a human take that to make a readable sentence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.