LCD Seeking the Flying Sword Path

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by strixflash, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Johnnycabra

Johnnycabra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so is qin yun fusing with his worlds drahma thereby stealing it and also fusing with the star stone the boja demon fiend celestial was trying to invade for in the first place?

2. Jirachier

Jirachier Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like I said before, no one just randomly decides to slow their cultivation down for no reason, it's not as if Zhang could've just casually broken through realms if he wanted to but chose not to. He's the same as the protagonist in that they both chose to create their own formulation instead of using someone else's because when somebody creates their own formulation it suits them the most, for example if the MC chose to join the Grand Supreme Lineage when he was invited he would already be a 9th firmament sky immortal of that lineage but instead he got stuck at the peak of the Essence Soul Realm.
    But the choice of creating your own formulation only delays you from transforming your body/soul/mana into a stronger one, it does not affect the speed at which your comprehension level progresses and we already know/saw that for the protagonist to create his own formulation of a particular realm he first needs to reach the comprehension level an entire realm above it whereas other powerful lineages like his elder brother Saxu or Zhang they only need to reach either the comprehension level that matches the specific firmament to one major firmament above.
    My point is, Zhang isn't some supreme genius that could've reached this level of power whenever he wanted but he just chose not to, no, this was the fastest he could go given the choices in cultivation he made.
    As for whether I'd still be unhappy if there was a sound reason for this power jump, yeah I'd still be disappointed because there literally isn't any possible explanation period, any explanation the author could come up with would just be an excuse to justify making Zhang stronger and I've already went into details on how there are VERY few people at the golden immortal power level in the three realms and how absurd it is for 2 of them to appear from the same random small world. And yeah I don't want anyone to keep up with the MC cultivation wise, we all know this is an IET work so Qin Yun is literally the most talented person not just in the three realms but even in whatever realms will be revealed later so to have Zhang the random magically get absurd power jump that put him in the same power range as the MC is ridiculous. I don't want the same scenario as some of his previous works where you have a few people keeping up with the MC for a looooooooooooong time before fading away, sometimes 2/3 of a series.

Are you talking about what just happened in the raw ?
    If so, no MC is about to create the sword dharmic formulation of the sky immortal realm, in order to breakthrough he has to go through a tribulation that all Essense Soul realm cultivators use techniques to hide themselves from until they're ready.

3. CKtalon_TMW

CKtalon_TMW Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Skyimmortal realm is actually very simple compared to the Golden Immortal realm. Those guys were all stuck at the huge bottleneck that is the pinnacle 9th firmament to Golden Immortal step. Zhang was stuck at 6th firmament cultivation level, but had insights at the 9th firmament level. His Lightning Dharma was said by the Dao Ancestor to be worth pursuing, which is why it's as powerful as Sa Xu's. So when he reaches the 9th firmament cultivation level, it's only natural that he will be as powerful as a mighty figure. It was all foreshadowed. He was extremely talented, having a purple golden core just like Qin Yun at the same level, etc.

4. Jirachier

Reading List:
    Link

No the skyimmortal realm isn't that simple, first of all Zhang was not stuck at the 9th firmament of comprehension/insight for that long, he just reached it not that long ago, it's not as if he was stuck there for a million years, plus he doesn't seem to just have average 9th firmament comprehension, he basically has about the same level of comprehension/insight as the protagonist/Sa Xu which is a pinnacle 9th firmament skyimmortal insight that also has to create golden immortal-level moves so to say that it's natural for him to be this strong since he has such insight level completely ignores the fact he shouldn't have this level of insight in the first place, just look at the other disciples under the same master, there are thousands and thousands of them but only the top 200-300 are at that level and that's not because the rest aren't talented or because they're new recruited. Btw I'm not arguing against him being as powerful as a mighty figure when reaching the peak of the 9th firmament in his formulation and having insight on the level of Sa Xu, I'm specifically complaining at the speed at which he's reaching such INSIGHT level.

And mentioning that he's extremely talented, that's only valid for when we were restricted to their world where everyone else is mediocre, plus anybody who reaches even 9th firmament is already pretty talented and I'm not against him being this strong in the future which would already prove his talent because being one of the top 1500-2000 strongest people in the 3 realms already means you're very talented, but you shouldn't be breaking through realm as if you're the protagonist and doing it in a few years, what's next ? Qin Yun somehow reaches pinnacle golden immortal in a few decades and this dude also does the same ?

5. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    The Bunch of people that went to the manor didnt make a breakthrough cause they were allready at half step-Golden immortal lvl
    And let me remind u why hes so strong...He got a tresure he allmost died fir and MC saved him...Dont u remember the scumbag Senior Brother saing that omce he reaches 9th firmament hell have strength equal to Half Step Golden Immortall
    Reason he could breaktrhough from 6th to 9th shoukd be those fruits cause they are even usefull for half step golden immortals lets not talk about 6th lvl Skyimmortal's ...Smh...

6. Jirachier

Reading List:
    Link
    So the guys who were already at half-step golden immortal staying at the same level after obtaining the fruits makes sense but the character who was at the 9th firmament(he wasn't even as strong as pinnacle 9th firmament at the time) uses the same fruit, heck he even had less fruits than for example the girl that went there but he'll magically breakthrough through all the way to the golden immortal power level ? Are the fruits more effective if you're weaker ? but that's to be expected, it doesn't mean suddenly you should make breakthroughs to this level, following your logic if he was an essence soul cultivator he should become what, a pinnacle golden immortal ? If he had made use of the fruits and took some time and reached the half-step power level I can uderstand but the dude just casually went from a somewhat ordinary 9th firmament skyimmortal all the way to golden immortal with just the fruits ? You have to understand that his insights for him to be this powerful are at the limit of the skyimmortal real, the next insight breakthrough for him is gonna be to create his great dao and obtain a golden fruit, it's nonsense for him to reach around the same level of insight as the protagonist

7. CKtalon_TMW

CKtalon_TMW Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those people were at half-step Golden Immortals insights while being at pinnacle 9th firmament Skyimmortal, unlike Zhang who was not half-step (he passed the 1st test, while the half-steps barely passed the 2nd test), but pinnacle 9th firmament with 6th firmament cultivation level.

By the same logic, Qin Yun would immediately become pinnacle Golden Immortal once he becomes a 9th firmament Skyimmortal, as alluded by the latest raws.

8. Jirachier

Reading List:
    Link
    But you're not giving enough importance to the level of insight, the protagonist would be as strong as a Pinnacle Golden Immortal if he broke through to the 9th firmament sky immortal realm through his dharmic formulation is because his formulation gives him the same level of power as golden immortal 1-3rd firmament from the grand supreme lineage so not just golden immortal, he has an intrinsic numinous treasure and finally his insight and comprehension is not only at the absolute peak of the sky immortal realm but because of the strength/difficulty of his dao he already has moves on the golden immortal power level, if he had an ordinary dao he would've already gotten a golden fruit. The protagonist is the only one who can reach pinnacle golden immortal level with what he has because his formulation is overpowered, for everyone else even with their amazing formulations the best that they can do is have the strength of ordinary golden immortals and that's at the absolute peak of the skyimmortal realm for them. That's the problem here, for Zhang to have the strength of a golden immortal he didn't just need to breakthrough to 9th firmament sky immortal, his insight have to be so strong that they match an ordinary golden immortal, just like his senior brother Sa Xu, you don't get golden immortal power level simply by breaking through to the 9th firmament with your own formulation. Just look at Qin Yun, he uses his intrinsic flying sword to nullify his mana disadvantage but if you look at how his strength kept growing it was all thanks to his level of insight.
    So again Zhang right now basically has the highest level of insight possible in the sky immortal realm and that's just stupid.

9. carnwennan

carnwennan White Hilt Divine Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn it, Loose Immortal?
    Is IET trying to repeat Ji Ning's Daomerge shit this soon?
    Urgh... :blob_coughblood:

10. carnwennan

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, after reading the chapter twice, I changed my mind. It seems that IET wants to take the Loose Immortal road to the very end.
    Loose Immortals can reach the level of Dao Ancestors as long as their Dao comprehension reaches that level. And Qin Yun doesn't need to create dharmic formulations anymore as his cultivation base can reach his comprehension level without it.
    So he will probably be a Loose Immortal at least until the 11th or 12th tribulation (Perfected Golden Immortal or Dao Ancestor level).
    I just wonder if Qin Yun will still try to create a new Sword Immortal Lineage with his self-created dharmic formulations or will abandon that thought.

Mercy likes this.
  11. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    I rly dont like how QY is allways 1 lvl lower in cultivation smh...

12. art17

art17 [Wandering Poet]

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats how its always been in IETs novel

13. carnwennan

Reading List:
    Link
    Is IET's release rate back to 2 chapters/day in the raws?

14. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    I think CK said not yet yesterday

15. NastyNato

NastyNato Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One Jirachier. Chill out bruv less is more.
    Two I would like to point out that I said this was a DE Universe and erbody said nah. Who's laughing now

16. dankfrank

dankfrank New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys could anyone answer a few questions for me? How does the current translated events play out? How does Qin Yun and Zhang deal with the fiends? What happens with the stellar stone? What's the reaction of Patriarch Bojia and Kuifu?

17. Johnnycabra

Reading List:
    Link
    1 they try to kill the fiends. the first time, Qin Yun fought them of by himself and they captured the black wings guy who the top fiend in the Boja lineage.

2 they are still trying to get the star stone. in order to get it, the Boja fiend celestial hired a skyfiend who is the first swallowing lineage fiend who ate stars. he could level up to the fiendcelestial but chooses not to to get stronger iirc. Boja lent him a supreme treasure that gives him 50% power up making strongest under golden immortal, buddah, ect. he gets to keep it if he can take over dacheng world so boja can get Qin Yuns sword and the star stone.

3 kuifu is also irrelevant at this point as he is a norm top power in the 9 skyfiend real (weak/normal person with golden immortal power) which qin yun can kill. the star swallower is even stronger than him. the reason he wanted to get rid of qin yun was so did not become one of the powerhouses in the skyimmortal realm equivelent which can contend with golden immortals. qin yun already has that power plus a top life supreme connate treasure.

this arc is still ongoing but qin yun is a false immortal like in stellar transformation. only difference is only false immortals get tribulation lightning every 1000 years. they do this till they turn to the next stage which is alluded to 13 tribulations. if im guessing the way the story is going, after this, qin yun will kill the star swallowing fiend getting the grace of the dao and getting that cool membrane sheild thingy. this will make the tribulation lightning useless and making him the first to pass the false immortal path. he might also notice the star stobe in his world and fuse his sword with it. there might be a war arc after this though as the fiends are seeing the rightous guys taking more property in the three realms.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2018
  18. carnwennan

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt that by saving a single small world Qin Yun will get enough merit to resist against a 12th level Loose Immortal Tribulation. You need the strength of a Dao Ancestor to shoulder the 12th tribulation. He might get enough merit pass his 9-10th tribulation without reaching the ordinary or pinnacle Golden Immortal level in insight, but that's all.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  19. dankfrank

dankfrank New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, thanks so much guys! I really appreciate it.

20. Johnnycabra

Reading List:
    Link
    your right, that it might not completely make him face 10 to 13 lightning tribulation. based on todays raw, he formed his golden fruit making him a golden immortal at the false skyimmortal realm (golden immortal in terms of knowledge without the cultivation technique). him killing the star swallowing also seems to have brought him enormous dao merit which might form almost perfect aura protection due to how much atrocites the star swallowing fiend commited since the beginning of the cosmos.

this is getting kinda predictable if youve read previous IET novels but in a good way since i smile whenever my theories turn out true. what im wondering is which universe this novel is tied to. the stellar transformation, swallowed star, desolate era, or inch of radiance.