Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. tailor31415

tailor31415 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so I made myself some wall scrolls with the donghua concept art and some background scenes :blobshh::blobshh::blobshh: so pretty and I can't wait to hang them up! and no, I'm not selling this or doing anything to get me in trouble :notlikeblob:
    20181015_162319-1.jpg

setsuna3025, chiino, Fiorisi and 4 others like this.
  2. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't even read the new chapter (I have to write 2 essays) , but reading these comments was like a summary of it lol. I won't say much since I haven't read the chapter, however I wish that JC could have done more, but he's restricted as a sect leader he needs to think about the safety of his Sect, he lost them once and refuses to let it happen a second time. Besides Wei Ying did go far in killing the Jin people, he's grown enough to understand that his actions does have consequences. He could have brought the whole Jiang Sect down because of it. JC must have felt torn between helping his bro and the protection of his Sect, but he's Sect leader and must act like one. He's unstable and can you blame him?! The people he admire(his parents) always compared him to someone he loves as a bro, that must be frustrating (personal experience from being compared to cousins:blobconfounded:). I don't think he hated Wei Ying at all, in fact when he finds out the truth about the core he experienced a break down. If Jin Ling was in Wei Yings place then that's different. JL is still a child and needs to be taken care of, not to mention that he most likely feels the constant need to protect him in place of his parents (who died because WY in some way) feeling that he failed to see how unstable WY was and he could have somehow stopped it. Btw @readerz thanks for defending my hubby!!! I have mass respect for you now! (Besides being kind enough to continue SVSS translations). Really hubby was mean to my baby SiZhui?! Wow... I'm not surprise at all lol (have you seen how he treats JL sometimes:blobsweat_2:)... I mean... *ahem* he shall be punished then.

3. Miiyano

Miiyano Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! :blobsweat_2: I hope I'm not intruding, but there's a question that has been haunting my mind for a while now...

Do Wei WuXian and Xue Yang have the same voice actor in the audio drama? From the first time he appeared, I mistook XY's voice for WWX's but perhaps I'm just going crazy ahhh :blobdizzy: Thanks so much in advance!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    LoveManga likes this.
  4. Rinfantasy

Rinfantasy so much to do so little time...

Reading List:
    Link
    It wouldn't has been a path of self-destructon if the Yumengjiang and GusuLan decided to help him together to defend the Wen survivor using the fact they should be righteous sects... the Jin wouldn't start a new war without knowing they could win at least at 80%

5. kitkat2010

kitkat2010 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't believe they have the same voice actor. As I sub the audio drama, I can hear a clear difference.

Pretty Yunita, Rizu_, chiino and 2 others like this.
  6. Loverofanimeandmanga

Loverofanimeandmanga Equality doesn't exactly exist.

Reading List:
    Link
    Question how did you make those.:blobthinkingsmirk: Please tell me. Also no worries ain't nobody gonna let this slip.:blobtriumph::blobthumbsdown: Lol I probably wont make them but even if I did I wouldn't sell them either. Still please tell me How to make this beautiful piece of art.:aww:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    setsuna3025 and chiino like this.
  7. Uguisumaru

Uguisumaru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can someone please tell me what happened after chapter 111?:aww: or are the chapter after 111 all extras?:cookie::hmm:

LoveManga and salbireo like this.
  8. Miiyano

Miiyano Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much for your hard work on the subs and quick response:blobsmilehappy:<3 Indeed, I thought it would be strange to cast the same voice actor for two main/non-mob characters. It seems that I'll have to train my ears more:blobtriumph: Thanks once again!

setsuna3025, LoveManga and chiino like this.
  9. tailor31415

tailor31415 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    saw someone on twitter saying anyone who doesn't like Jiang Cheng by the end of the novel has bad taste :hmm: all I have to say is since we know in the present he regularly kidnaps cultivators to the Lotus Pier to torture and kill them and that, despite his hatred towards demonic cultivation, he never did anything about XY and/or Yi City, he's going to have to massively redeem himself by the end of the novel for me to like him again like I did when he was a little kiddo :blobneutral:

10. Chibi WangXian

Chibi WangXian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Found this on twitter, LWJ protects WWX :blob_grin::blob_grin:

11. Chibi WangXian

Chibi WangXian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is screenshots from a video clip of GDC..when this happen? I think this one after WWX confessing to LWJ right? Is JC really cried when he talked about the promises made by WWX before?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    He did (ಥ﹏ಥ) Cheng cried as he spoke about his pent-up feelings towards Wei. I think when this chapter, this scene rolls in, people will be able to understand Cheng just a bit better and won't end up completely disliking him as much, or maybe it won't change anything. Either way, we're all going to be crying along with him o(TヘTo)

Sandu, Pretty Yunita, vrotki and 3 others like this.
  13. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    It is horrible, it's so abrupt! One moment there were things I couldn't do unless I asked for permission, but now all of a sudden everything is on me. Hahaha...Oh well, I'll get used to it...Don't worry I'm painfully shy in real life & a complete crazy talkative person online Lol

vrotki, setsuna3025, Cypress and 2 others like this.
  14. chiino

chiino Lady Nie [scheming with my hubby, Huaisang]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think GusuLan would have helped. There is no way Lan Xichen would have gone against his brothers. Lan Zhan wanted to hide Wei Ying for this exact reason. This was the only way Wei Ying probably could have been saved. Lan Zhan had no options - so he, himself; betrayed his own clan trying to save him. Its just sad that after all that.. Wei Ying still died. I think if Lan Zhan had stayed with Wei Ying instead of going home for punishment; they both would be dead.

15. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    ...Both of them...dead...:blobsleepless::blobsleepless::blobsleepless::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob: Anything but that :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob: Now my head is playing out a tragic love story. XiChen is the number one bro, sworn brothers, his blood brother, he supports them in a quiet way, too bad it didn't turn out too well, except for his support for Wangji's love life, it turned out beautifully in the end

16. salbireo

salbireo RanWan ❤

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope there are 2 last chapter before Extras :
    Chapter 112 : WWX and LWJ meet MianMian with her husband and daughter, in the end finally WWX remembered about pouch that MianMian gave at XuanWu arc (LWJ stole it secretly), ofc after that WWX teasing him lol
    Chapter 113 : the revealed of the name of the song LWJ's sung to WWX, in the end they decided to go back to Gusu (WWX new's home lol)

Sandu, setsuna3025, readerz and 6 others like this.
  17. chiino

chiino Lady Nie [scheming with my hubby, Huaisang]

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't remember if this was posted before but if anyone wants to list their most disliked/semi-liked characters? You can give a reason or not.. it doesn't matter. Unsure if debating our disliked/semi-liked characters is a good move. Just would be interesting to see, and to see if/how many would pick Jiang Cheng after this latest chapter.

Mine;
    1. Su She
    2. Wen Chao
    3. Jin Zixun
    4. Xue Yang
    5. Don't have a 5th. I could probably just get by with my first two picks and ignore the others.

18. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm all for this~

1. Jin Guang Shan & All the brainless cultivator community (For obvious reasons)
    2. Jin ZiXun/ Wen Chao & his hoe (What a waste of life these guys are)
    3. Jin Guang Yao (Complicated character, but his done too much, no more excuses for him)
    4. Jin ZiXuan (His not bad, I don't like him nor do I dislike him, I can handle Jin Ling, but for some reason something about his dad just doesn't agree with me, this is my bias against him I guess?)
    5. Su She (Honestly, I would've forgotten about this dude if it weren't for his name SuShi)

Haha! Look at how many Jins there are on my list...凸(`△´#)
    Jin Ling, Fairy & Madam Jin are the only ones I'm cools with.
    I don't really have any feelings or thoughts on Xue Yang currently, so I didn't put him up there.

19. WeiWuBebe

WeiWuBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to say, after reading the latest chapter, I felt so sick. It was like my heart was BLEEDING. I had to stop and ask myself why was this fictional story having such an effect on my emotions? I really wanted to cry at the unfair cruelty of that world (not that our world is any better honestly but still).

Never have I wanted to stop a story and jump right into the scene of the paragraphs just to strangle a few people, namely all of those cultivators having that meeting on WWX, especially the leader of those Jin sect DOGS!! (I honestly believe they deserve the new nickname Dogs too, not just the Wen sect. Jing Ling and madam Jin are the only good fruit from that rotten tree! Jin Zixuan being only half rotten).

Mianmian is literally the only one who made that scene endurable, even more so than Lan Zhan who while I love him for defending his bae, I felt like he could have spoken up a bit more (but I understand it's his personality and at the time he may have read the atmosphere enough to know his words would have no meaning but still it would have boosted Mianmian if just a little if at last 2 people were going against them). But Mianmian really spelled it out for them. No one can say the truth about the situation with Wen Ning wasn't out, only those bastards chose not to hear it.

As for Jiang Cheng, BOY DID I WANT TO SLAP HIM SILLY!! I just wanted to grab him and shake his shoulders and let him understand why he should have embraced Wei Wuxian more and stand by his side! In the end I could only blame the idiots who raised him. The reason why is this part in the chapter:
    As he was about to speak again, he felt something heavy on his leg. He looked down. He didn’t know when, but a child about one or two years old crept over and hugged his leg. Raising his chubby chin, he looked up at him with his dark, round eyes.

He was quite a fine, lovable child. Unfortunately, Jiang Cheng had no love in him at all. He turned to Wei WuXian, “Where did the kid come from? Get him away from me.”

CAN'T WE SAY THIS WAS REALLY JUST FAILED PARENTING? JFM and Madam Yu honestly fucked this one up. I'm sorry. If even a wide-eyed innocent baby can make JC turn up his nose shouldn't JFM and Madam Yu be rolling in their graves about how they failed their son emotionally? Where is the love he was meant to have? One negligent father... and the other a viper whispering shit in her kid's ear with no concern for how that might make him feel. At least do that shit to the father behind doors and don't push it on the kid. They really ruined the poor boy. Made him bitter. Made him jealous. Now that has played a huge roll in fucking his relationship with Wei Wuxian, the only person he has left he could call family beside JL.

That being said, although I am unhappy with what Jiang Cheng did, it's not like I can't sympathize with him and why he reacted the way he did. His reaction wasn't at all unjustified? To Jiang Cheng Wei Wu Xian must really seem like a madman. He put a single woman in front of their clan, while she happily lives with her kid, his whole family is dead. Again, Wei Wuxian puts the remnants of Wen clan before Jiang Cheng and Jiang sect, as well as his own life, and then Wei Wu Xian and they all end up dead. Wei Wu Xian might have had good intentions... but what did they amount to in the end? Was Wei Wu Xian seriously thinking ahead and what his actions could lead to? Most people would have been like "nah, fuck everybody else! I ain't doing anything that can put me or my family at risk!" or "better to side with the majority who hold the power than to risk another family massacre!"

But to Wei Wu Xian... he's not the kind of person who could turn away in the face of someone crying out for help. What person could call themselves a human if they turn an eye on someone who is in dire need when they have the strength to help? He acts based on this, and in the moment, he's not actually weighing the life of these people against his other loved ones. He's just doing what he thinks is right. And in the moments where he actually does weigh them, he knows to separate himself from causing them further harm as he did with leaving the Jiang sect.

If I had to put it into two sides I'd say Jiang Cheng represents Logic while Wei Wu Xian represents Emotions/Heart. Both aren't completely wrong, but neither are both completely right.

Because this is a story, and I able to see the full picture and know all the truths, I lean more towards my heart and towards Wei Wu Xian's side, although he is reckless and inadvertently caused a lot of harm to people he loved.

For Jiang Cheng, while I can sympathize, I can also clearly see he has more than a few snakes lying around him (Jin sect and other bitch ass cultivators as well as the impressions left by his parents), he also has his own demons (jealousy) blinding his path. I want to slap Jiang Cheng, but I also want to hug him. He's a victim to circumstances. He's only a human. A flawed human. Like his mother and every other person in this story.

/ends babbling

Rcyan, Sandu, Pretty Yunita and 8 others like this.