Spoiler The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Apr 19, 2017.

?

Will it get better

1. Yes

93.9%
  2. No

6.1%
  1. spearpoint

spearpoint Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...I don't know if I'm right or dirtily wrong but is there a reference to chrysanthemum/butthole?

Fun fact, in Chinese art, each season is associated with a flower.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Gentlemen

-the plum blossom for winter
    -the orchid for spring
    -the bamboo for summer
    -the chrysanthemum for autumn <---- Autumn in Chinese is Qiu and Qingqiu means 'Clear Autumn'.

On a different but related-ish note, this song strongly reminds me of Shen Jiu/Yue Qi:

busyoldfool and readerz like this.
  2. Melonee_Mizu

Melonee_Mizu Looking for motivation

Reading List:
    Link
    I DIED LAUGHING AT THAT HAHA
    and no the reference isn't to the chrysanthemum, rather it's a reference to an affectionate nickname headcanon, BUT IN ALL HONESTY IT SHOULD BE ABOUT THE CHRYSANTHEMUM. That fucking made my day--Bless your soul.

busyoldfool and readerz like this.
  3. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    37 has just been published. Oh boy, our dearest Shizun is all tied up and got whipped by a bitch but he was saved by our Bing-mei.

It's the usual "hero saves the beauty" scene but SQQ seems to think it's the "out of the frying pan, into the fire" scene instead.

Pinyau, Emmabluez, miximmaxim and 4 others like this.
  4. JigzK

JigzK New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HELLO HI I'M NEW (not really I have long followed this thread but just made an account now) AND I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO THANK ALL THE TRANSLATORS FOR THEIR HARD WORK IN SCUM VILLAIN i cry so much i still need to learn how to use the stuff here

I also want to ask if someone can link me the translated extra chapter of when orig!LBH went to the BL version of the novel an fought w/ Bing-mei and tried to seduce Shizun. I read it before but can't remember at what page of the thread it was in ;;;;

I want to make a fan art of some scenes there so badly :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:

Ryss and readerz like this.
  5. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    There are some translated segments but not the entire extra, IIRC.

Translated segments: 1,2,3,4

neu and Chuyin like this.
  6. snakeandladders

snakeandladders Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was thinking about your comments here before reading the chapter. And the first line there was about Shizun getting blindfolded...with ropes and whips and blindfolds, I started to imagine the chapter going in a very different direction lol. Thank you for you and your team's hard work!

midnight reader, Chuyin and readerz like this.
  7. Anon Mouse

Anon Mouse New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been working on translating the first animation song lyrics! Would anybody like to help me with that?

readerz likes this.
  8. Chuyin

Chuyin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have been interested in a curious thing for a long time ... There is a great doujinshi according to the book. I have been looking for all its parts for a long time in order to bring them together. I wanted to show here (probably not everyone saw it), but the arts, of course, 18+. I hope, I will not be banned for such content?.. :blob_grin:

readerz likes this.
  9. Melonee_Mizu

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Pinyau

Pinyau Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi all for those of u who dun mind using uncle google translate while reading (u may need to do the webcam plus google trick as there seems to be anti copy and paste code), here's a site of Scum Villain in Chinese with main chapters as well as extras:
    yiayia6217 (dot) blog (dot) fc2 (dot) com (slash) blog-entry-465 (dot) html

As an ethnic Chinese MXTX fans personaaly I found MDZS is more mature in style and plot, but Scum Villain is much more hilarious and fun in nature.
    Compare nature of characters between two novels:
    MDZS WWX → mixture of SV 沈清秋 plus 洛冰河 with the heroic ideal of 謝憐 in 天官賜福
    MDZS LWJ → SV 柳清歌 (Actually at one of the extras 「記一次與柳巨巨打魅妖的經過」 it hinted that actually 柳清歌 has a crush with 沈清秋 and loads of fans love this ship)

busyoldfool likes this.
  11. Melonee_Mizu

Reading List:
    Link
    Might be just me, but I think LWJ is not only 柳清歌 (if you think so) but also with a bit of 漠北君(as what was shown in the Airplane bro extras)--just not as obsessed with hitting or hurling insults at other people, not as arrogant and self-entitled, and not as easily annoyed (Unless you count LWJ's teenage years). Just how I see it lol.

Then again, I made some commentaries in the Airplane bro extras about similarities with the 6-chapters long extra and MDZS' two protagonists--so I actually might be wrong here tbh due to bias... :blobconfounded:

Pinyau likes this.
  12. Pinyau

Pinyau Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi Mizu, as this is a literature review instead of a science journal, of course it is perfectly okay to have different interpretation on the same story! No absolute right and wrong, unless there are noticeable fault in logic or contradiction with canon novel I think.
    Haha yes I agree 漠北君 may have some personalities which coincides with LWJ. Nevertheless I personally found the tsundere, milder nature of 柳,always helpful and willing to fight for 師尊 resemble a but more (I admit I have bias too, I like 柳巨巨 wakaka:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

busyoldfool likes this.
  13. sorahiru

sorahiru Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    omg! you're the one who posted some translated svsss pv on youtube! im sorry i cant help but good luck!! fightinggg!!!! *sit patiently waits for the translated pv*

14. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, we are not supposed to post the really hardcore stuff here but I guess you could link it. Or tell us how to google it.

Chuyin likes this.
  15. Chuyin

Chuyin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In this case, I will carefully put the link to the doujinshi folder in the spoiler with a warning. Although there is nothing hardcore ... I guess. Ah ~ :blobnosebleed: All pictures are numbered in the correct order so that confusion does not happen.

16. Melonee_Mizu

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait---is that the same artist that did the pictures for the video "A Book with No Name"?? :hmm:The style looks the same.

Emmabluez and Chuyin like this.
  17. Chuyin

Chuyin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YEP! Once I mentioned this. You are absolutely right, the same artist. I love him, omg ... concept art, video and doujinshi are just awesome.

Emmabluez and Melonee_Mizu like this.
  18. Melonee_Mizu

Reading List:
    Link
    :'D Do you, by chance, know the actual source? Like Weibo or some other website? I'd like to check out more of the artist's work, but I'm actually pretty dumb with trying to find their page (if they have one).

/stares at the 15 tabs open that were used (and failed) to find the artist's website

Chuyin likes this.
  19. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    I was planning to scanlate that since someone already translated it. :LOL:

Emmabluez, lamperouge0 and Chuyin like this.
  20. Chuyin

Chuyin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I'm not mistaken, the artist's nickname is 老历茅台.
    Here, this is her weibo: https://www.weibo.com/u/2976469823?refer_flag=1005055010_&is_hot=1

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    namio, Melonee_Mizu and readerz like this.