Share your Tabletop Rpg system

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Algoz, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Algoz

Algoz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm creating this topic so we can share the different systems!
    I really like collecting different core rules, some of my favorites being:
    Pathfinder/D&D 3.5 - one of my favorites, and the one that I have more material;
    Mage the ascension - one of the most interesting magic system that I've seen;
    Fragged Empire - a cool sci-fi Rpg, with a lot of different settings (even a fantasy one);
    Golden Sky Stories - an interesting system, where you control little animals that can transform into People, and the objective is to help People in a small rural town;
    Tenra Bansho Zero - Heaven and Earth Edition - this one is really cool, where the adventure plays like a kabuki play, and the classes are crazy.
    If you know other system and care to share, post below!

2. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Making my own board game called Great Trappist Race. Also already made a cardgame called Rebellion, which my readers see for the first time in Felicia's Second Life. Currently designing a TCG titled Fleet: A Space Opera.

Unfortunately, Ai-chan can't share their systems as none of them are patented yet.

3. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Never play a TTRPG before....:blobpensive::blobsad:
    Alright.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    Jiggy, Manor, otaku31 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Best system I've ever played with was G.U.R.P.S by Steve Jackson Games. You can play everything from cavemen to starships, superheroes to Call of Cthulhu and everything in between, and all at the same time.

5. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    same, I wanna try one tho

6. mrawesome69

mrawesome69 I'm getting too old for this shit

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i've played d&d3.5, pathfinder, gurps, 7th sea, warhammer 40k(curently playing dark crusade) and i would really like to try world of darkness
    i probably forgot some but that's irrelevant

7. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    Same :blobcry:

8. Rogue Will

Rogue Will [A Passing Devil]

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately, i love rpg but don't have budddies to play in the neighborhood anymore..... :blobsob:

9. Eldau

Eldau And now for something completely different

Reading List:
    Link
    I've only ever played 3 RPGs really.
    Dark Heresy for 40k
    Call of Cthulhu
    Numenera

Good fun, CoC was a blast simply because of how "down to earth" it was.

10. Sablecaballero

Sablecaballero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've tried lots of systems and played tons of campaigns in 20+ years, my three choices are:

Anima Beyond Fantasy (medieval fantasy with a huge inspiration in manga/anime. You can create almost any kind of character with any power you can imagine. Plus it's spanish :p)

7th Sea (Pirates and musketeers, nuff said. I was DM in a campaing that lasted years, needs a lot of house rules though. The new edition solves quite a lot but I'm not totally convinced)

Shadowrun: The perfect mix of cyberpunk and fantasy. (Dunkelzahn for president!!! xD)

11. Viator

Viator [Cult of Pyoo: Pyoo's Oak Tree]

Reading List:
    Link
    I've played various D&D, Anima, World of Darkness, and Deadlands mostly. I want to play Shadowrun, and I remember really wanting to try a Wheel of Time RPG book my uncle had when I was young.

12. SublimeWay

SublimeWay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    D&D is probably the system I played the most. 3.5 with Tome of Battle and Magic of Incarnum was probably the height since I absolutely hated 4th for it’s betrayal of everything D&D. Although 5th is back to it’s roots I still haven’t got over the distaste. Been looking at Pathfinder and thinking about finding a game but it’s different and takes times to adjust to. Have to relearn rules which I took for granted from 3.5. Path of War looks interesting as does Akashic Mysteries but not sure about quality especially the summon veils (the summon celestial unicorn one in particular).

GURPS is probably the most versatile and realistic system. It has excellent skill and armor system such that you don’t rely on massive hp like other system. Armor and training actually matter greatly in this system. It’s myriad of skills and defaults is also wonderful but takes a lot to apply properly. The downside is that there are not a lot prebuilt worlds so it requires a lot of GM work. Of course it’s ideal for crossword/cross genre games.

Finally the 3rd major system I’ve spent loads of time on is RIFTS. It’s a great mashup of different genres with imaginative settings that inspire vast possibilities with magic, psionics and tech... crippled with a completely crap of a sustem that is next to impossible to balance for a diverse party. The abilities are kind of arbitrary and the skill system borders on useless. At times I wish someone would take the setting and reimplement it using another system. I have seen GURPS Rifts btw.

13. weyz

weyz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i like wesnoth. i really like wesnoth. come play with me

14. weyz

weyz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but its not a rpg :(. or is it? i dont know. it has campaign duuu...duuuduuuduuu

15. jackateonetoo

jackateonetoo Wet Dog

Reading List:
    Link
    Same. I sometimes feel a little envious of people who were able to play it growing up.

Edit: I think it should be TTRPG, as TRPG is a Tactical rpg, which I have played before

16. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    Genesys, a system using its own dice not d20's, with indicators for success, failure, advantage and threat on them. I've had fun times already and the campaign is only yet starting. It really encourages your imagination, encourages players taking the initiative. More work to prepare though, our GM says.

I've only played a little but of TRPG's. My only other experience was with a watered down version of D&D, which wasn't as fun or stimulating/inventive as Genesys, and one other time Paranoia, which was fucking great. Less of an RPG, fixed setting, but hilarious.

17. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    I've played mostly DnD 5e. I've played a bit of DnD 3.5 and Call of Cthulhu. My friend recommended that I use the Hero System to run a certain type of campaign I wanted to run.

You could try finding a group online on like maybe roll20.

18. awake1122

awake1122 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've played DnD, but I've watched campaigns in the Rifts system, Super science meets high fantasy. Awesomeness is the result with such events as having a window to an ocean in the bathroom of your spaceship can lead to stopping a lightning generator on a Dyson sphere. Also has the ridiculous and versatile ludicrous mage.

19. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    Surprisingly no one brought out warhammer. I thought it was famous as heck.

20. N1gh7R4v3n

N1gh7R4v3n Bounty Hunter for skittles

Reading List:
    Link
    Champions, because the GM becomes so fucking pissed the longer you play.

"how many dice do you need to roll now?"
    "12"
    "God fucking damn it"