Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Piesus

Piesus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As for me, NMJ's lines in this chapter enraged me most. What I mean is that he very accurately points that WQ and others didn't really do anything to stop Wen's tyranny but at the same time he completely ignores the fact that noone did anything back then. In the novel it is stated that Wen sect's reign lasted long and in time they become more and more ruthless and arrogant. However, no sect dared to oppose them because all those who showed any signs of a rebellion were crushed. Thus, we can assume that all sects, including Jin, Jiang, Lan and Nie, were standing on the side idly watching other clan's massacries and refusing to oppose Wens fearing that they would suffer the same fate. NMJ himself remains obedient even after his father's obvious murder only because he knows that he can't afford rebellion. Considering it, how are WQ&co different from them? After all, as the branch line, if they opposed WRH's wanton aggression they would be eliminated as well. If they wanted to survive, they had to stay silent and as far as I am concerned even they realised that WQ's only sin was silence. But NMJ make it seem like it is all fine to demean her just because of this, forgeting that he himself remained silent earlier and only dared to protest when all the powerful sects united. What is more, NMJ in all his "righteousness" doesn't seem to mind that among Jin's followers there is many of those that once were under Wen's and openly approved their actions but changed sides as soon as they noticed that Wens were done for.

Next, Lan QiChen. I mean, I kinda like him, but his passiveness is irritating. In previous chapter, after WWX leaves he comments on how much WWX changed and that is true but he seems to be completely unbothered by WWX's straightforward and harsh yet reasonable words on Jins becoming more and more like Wens and even using similar methods. And seems like everyone were well aware of Jin sect's aspiration to take Wen sect's place and, as for me, after the past experiences that should already be quite alarming. Also, he was there when WWX invaded Koi Tower, yet he allows JGS to thrash talk and lie blatantly in front of everyone about the events that happened there. I am not even mentioning him being all fine with JGY defending his father's shameless lies even after they are exposed by LWJ. I feel like I will get a major hate for this, but as for now, I believe that him, being so influential and widely respected but remaining silent and letting Jin sect badmouth WWX creating an image of him that is built on obvious lies is partly responsible for what will happen later. I mean, I don't expect him to defend WWX's actions as they are reckless (like the title suggests), but not saying anything upon Jin sect shamelessly distorting the truth is quite appaling.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  2. LoveManga

LoveManga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ummmm I don't know, but it was Jin Ling who stabbed WWX in the stomach when his identity was revealed.

setsuna3025 likes this.
  3. tailor31415

tailor31415 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    agreed on LXC, I'm also very :blobawkward: on him after that chapter. I think part of it is how JGY saved him and JGY and NMJ are his sworn brothers, but it's probably also that he's a sect leader who, like JC, focuses mostly on his own sect's well-being. it's pretty clear he's willing to overlook a lot of things JGY did, or at least place a lot of trust in his word over that of others (like the whole fight with NMJ later on or even how he didn't want to believe WWX/LWJ when they learned why NMJ died).
    I was pretty disappointed he didn't speak up for at least the Wens who were non-violent/non-aggressive or at least to stop the "son/daughter of a servant" talk....

4. Piesus

Piesus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    JC did stabbed him too. In his previous life, that is. After JL stabbed him, WWX comments in his head that they, JL and JC, like to stab the same places and also JGY during his visit in Cloud Recessess mentions that WWX returned all fine despite being injured by JC.

5. LoveManga

Reading List:
    Link
    MTL really does make you use twice the brain cells and yep you gottta read it multiple times fixing things each time. Let's hope it improves brain power, though when I said this before you emphatically denied it will! :LOL:
    Well I can only hope it does since I become desperate to read ahead and MTL is the only option. (y)

setsuna3025, chiino and Piesus like this.
  6. LoveManga

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks much for the clarification. :)

Piesus likes this.
  7. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone in this society has a terrible habit of keeping up appearances, remaining silent, disregarding facts, takes rumours as the truth, jump to conclusion, and narrow-mindedness. They can't see anything past themselves or their group, and the motto for each of the four sects, aren't even being lived up to. It's irritating, those people kept saying Wei was "Pretentious" but in reality aren't they the ones who are? I've actually complained about this before, but I mainly focused on XiChen, and it matches with your thoughts as well. I love XiChen, his incredibly kind and gentle, but his constant stand on being neutral can at times annoy me. There are situations in life where a person needs to hop off the fence, stand firmly on a decision and say their part. XiChen could've calmed everyone in that room and partially snapped some of them out from JGY & JGS stupid facade. But, XiChen is best bro, so he gotta be supportive with his sworn brothers, too bad one of those brothers is a selfish manipulative prick, bloody damn it.

But, touching back on this topic again, I didn't even consider about Mingjue's part. It's true, other sects faced the same tragedy as the Jiang sect, however, they remained sitting on the bench line out of fear, understandable anyone would, but to reprimand a person for their actions even though they themselves also did it is maddening. Wen Qing did nothing? Yes, she couldn't go up against Ruohan, she could've gone against them, but she had a family, other lives at stake, that prevented her from taking action, other responsibilities she had to uphold and she's a doctor, not a killer, she saves lives not take them. Didn't they say Wen Qing was famous in the cultivator society for her skills? And that no life was taken from both sides when under HER SUPERVISION, and these people didn't even take that into consideration? Honestly, the discussion they had on Chapter 73 was utterly stupid, all it was, was a gathering of a bunch of bored easily swayed high schoolers, talking smack about someone out of jealousy & fear, that's being led by a horny brat, supported by a snake and two sideliners that remained cautious and silent not bothering to break up the stupid gathering.

8. Uguisumaru

Uguisumaru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank You!!!!:aww::aww::aww: i read the mtl of both here before but can i ask if mianmian ever recognized wwx? any convo between them after they showed up infront of her and her family?:blobmelt:

setsuna3025, LoveManga and chiino like this.
  9. JinseihaBangumi

JinseihaBangumi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ok, without beeing able to keep up with all the post I've been missing during the last week... (sooo sorry....) I've got a question concerning the donghua. I've rewatched the first few episodes until the flashback hits in. If I'm not mistaken it is when LWJ throws the apple in the air in front of Cloud Recesses? The next time we return to the present is at the end of the donghua when WWX wakes up in LWJ's room. What the hell happened in between. I mean I know the novel version with WWX sleeping on LWJ and so on ... which they sadly didnt show/changed. Did he just pass out in front of Cloud Recesses and LWJ carried him to his room?? Or is he remembering while they are walking in... maybe I didn't "rewatch" far enough and there was another scene in the presence in between? Waaaaaah shame on me for maybe even asking something that has already been asked many times. ......

setsuna3025 and LoveManga like this.
  10. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup! They talked, in fact, Wei & MianMian's path crossed because they were also trying to solve the case which Wei & Wangji already solved. MianMian introduced her family to Wei, MianMian was happy to see him & Wangji again, it was a short encounter and they continued on with their paths after that. But, MianMian lightly scolded her daughter for not properly greeting Wei, telling her daughter and informing her husband that Wei was her benefactor so she should treat him with more respect (Its not the kid's fault lol she saw something she shouldn't have & became cautious of Wei lol)

zeromint, setsuna3025, Piesus and 4 others like this.
  11. JinseihaBangumi

Reading List:
    Link
    Did MianMian say anything about Wei and Wanji being together now?? ^^ and even ... "married"?

12. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    No, don't worry, you didn't miss anything, they just went straight to when Wei woke up, they didn't add the lying on top of Wangji or the hot spring seeing the scars on Wangji's back scene, so there's a gap in the donghua for those two transitions I guess? Or when season 2 roles in maybe they will add explanations or scenes of how Wei ended up in Wangji's room? The donghua has added & changed a lot of stuff around after all, so that could be the case for this one.

13. Uguisumaru

Reading List:
    Link
    JKHDFJKHERFJERHF MIANMIAN SO GOOD AND THE KID :blobsweat_2::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: probably got traumatised from what she saw
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

LoveManga, chiino and Fiorisi like this.
  14. Uguisumaru

Reading List:
    Link
    W
    WANNA KNOW ABOUT THIS TOO.and did MIANMIAN KNEW HE'S WWX JUST BC HE'S WITH HANGUANG-JUN?

15. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    MianMian didn't say anything about them being a couple but I can tell you another cute thing :3

By the time they met up with MianMian 3 months had already passed (at least based on mtl translation) after the whole JGY incident. The rumours, which this time are actual truthful rumours, of Hanguang-Jun & the Yiling Patriarch being together, have spread. Everyone knows, its a hot topic, the only reason why MianMian recognised Wei, him being in a different body & all, was cuz Wangji was beside him. So, basically, its becoming basic knowledge the person besides Hanguang-Jun is non-other than the Yiling Patriarch and vice versa, the whole cultivation society knows they're together ❤

16. Uguisumaru

Reading List:
    Link
    i IM CRYIGN NOW
    PROBABLY THE HOTTEST TOPIC BC OF HANGUANGJUN AND YILING LAOZU DIFFERENCE:blobsob::blobsob::blobnosebleed: THE STRONGEST COUPLE

I CAN SLEEP IN PEACE NOW KNOWING THAT THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS THEYRE A COUPLE:blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:

setsuna3025, Rcyan, Piesus and 7 others like this.
  17. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    Hell yeah they're the top number one battle couple in this novel world lol (´ ε ` )♡

Because they're together, Wei's enemies & his haters, withdrew or gave up chasing after him. After all, if they wanna get near Wei, they'd have to face Wangji, and if they somehow manage to get near Wei, he'd either annoy them to death or scare them with his demonic cultivation. Not only that the young disciples in the Lan sect became fond of Wei, so I imagine a person would have to go through them as well hahaha!

Wei's completely safe & protected now~

zeromint, setsuna3025, Rcyan and 6 others like this.
  18. Uguisumaru

Reading List:
    Link
    NEVER ANGER HANGUANG-JUN:blobjoy::blobjoy: Since WWX's lives in cloud recesses, I want him to tell all the things he did in the past while still studying in Cloud Recesses includign the fact he shaved off LQR's beard:blobjoy: but then Old Man had to add ''do not go near Wei Ying'' rule:blobtriumph::facepalm:

19. JinseihaBangumi

Reading List:
    Link
    Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! Everyone knows he is his honey-bunney! ^^ Was it ever mentioned what exactly MianMian's daughter saw? Waaaah can't Japan just buy those extras and hot scenes and legally release them in Japan for the sake of a rainbow world pleaseeeee!
    And yeah, the fact that the donghua leaves this gap is kind of strange.. might be explained later on, maybe Wanji will ask him about the flashbacks? is it explained in the novel when LWJ confronts WWX for the first time for being the Yiling Partriarch. I mean we all know how he recognised him (by the song), but do we actually know if WWX knows that LWJ knows hahah what a mess.

:sneaky:
    Also what really sets my heart at peace is ... and here comes a little treat my f***** up brain made up just now that could actually be canon however: ..... that they live together right now happily ever after in Gusu, Wei training the youngsters and doing cute stuff like farming around the house (just imagine him planting radishes!!! ). One of the rabits with a pinkish spot is even called little radish by WWX.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ :):):)~~~~~~
    While Wei does the farming WAnji does the cooking ^^. Of course his uncle still hasnt accepted WWX, but he gradually starts visiting the house to see if his nephew has still remained at the rightful path and if anything can be done to.... kind of mitigate the situation??? Also LWJ of course, still has got responsibilities and duties to see after.

Then, one day he comes by and sees WWX happily harvesting crops. When he witnesses how diligenty and hard-working he tends to their little farm, he is vaguelly impressed. When he notices uncle has come to visit, WWX gives it his all to serve him tea and all, having learnt to be a good host by LWJ. LWJ has even explicitly taught WWX how to brew the blend of tea his uncle likes after the latter has begged him to do so. In the end, uncle has to admit that they bring out the positive features in each other, and that LWJ looks indeed much happier... He still hasn't accepted WWX of course! This will take another few years, until he finally grants his blessings to their official marriage!!!!
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ :):):)~~~~~~

hhhhhhhhaaaaaaach the sun is shining out of my heart guys.. I can't tell you how much I need this fluff!!! :aww::aww::aww:

zeromint, setsuna3025, Rcyan and 6 others like this.