LCD Above the Skies 凌霄之上

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by 101that, May 21, 2018.

1. 101that

101that Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi

Check this out:
    https://forum.wuxiaworld.com/discus...es-凌霄之上-translated-by-lord-grass-jelly#latest

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/above-the-skies/

This novel is written by the same author of 2 other popular web-novels: Everlasting Immortal Firmament and Immortal. Publisher is 17k.

I am trying to drum up a bit of support for the aspiring translator because I think this is a good story waiting to be told to a wider audience. Inspire the aspiring translator.

Translator may require the assistance of an editor.

Thanks.

2. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Keep high spirit in translate it pal

3. Ananya

Ananya Top lvl Gokiburi Buster

Reading List:
    Link
    There is one interesting aspect in this novel, that is the MC is a demonic Tiger reincarnated into a Human being. In all other novels it's a human MC who becomes a demon or gets demonic tendencies. So I'm interested in how the MC adjusts to being a 'Human'.

Its good to know that there are like-minded people. I too tried eagerly to get a prospective translator to look at the novel.

https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/above-the-skies.42954/

4. 101that

101that Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spot the mistakes and plot-holes!

#1: Chapter 9 - how come it is now possible to have 2-way communication with the Eye of Heaven? :eek:

This author doles out meaty chapters - just like his EIF, the length of the first few chapters must be 1.5 - 2x that of other web-novels. (y)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  5. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read 400+ chapters and the novel is interesting. One of the best I have read though there are times when you want to kill author for some very annoying scenes.

6. Gramis

Gramis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems the translator has dropped it.

I am truly thankful off everyone's support on this story, but as you may have noticed, my updates are getting kinda screwed up. I am really sorry, but an opportunity that could help me get me into my dream school has appeared, but it will take the entire summer. I really wish that I could continue, but I feel that it is unfair to all of you because I keep making promises that I can not keep. This novel will be put on hold and I will not be able to update for the rest of the summer. This opportunity came up very last minute and I had to take it. Once again, I am sorry, I know you were all looking forward to the translation. If anyone wants to continue this story you may pick up here. You do not need to wait for any period of time to make sure as I am likely not going to be picking it up again.

Thank you for your support,

Lord Grass Jelly

Guan Qi's novels seem to be cursed. Immortal keeps being dropped, EIF has a slow translation speed, and now this gets dropped.

blablabla12 likes this.
  7. Ananya

Ananya Top lvl Gokiburi Buster

Reading List:
    Link
    Many binge worthy novels don't have committed translators but mediocre novels do. I guess this is a prime example for one of the Viparyasas explained by Buddha!

8. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    It's by the same author as Immortal which is one of my top-rated CNs so I'm still planning to read it at some point regardless, but unless a good TL picks it up with daily chapters I'll probably just MTL it.

9. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    *bump*
    It just got added to LNMTL for anyone wanting to read it who's able to tolerate machine translations. I've made some terms for it up until the beginning of volume 3 so far, will probably be adding more as I read through it, it's still ongoing as well.

It's also on ComradeMao as an alternative, it uses different translation software so it's mainly personal preference on which people prefer.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    101that likes this.
  10. bayrons

bayrons Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link