Recruitment Looking for an editor (Paid Work)

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by xiansho, Oct 17, 2018.

1. xiansho

xiansho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey,
    I'm looking for an editor for a chinese novel, its chapter has around 2000 words.

if interested, edit this small text and send it to me, my email:[email protected]

The room area is about twenty square meters, on the wall engrave with many runes, use for gather spiritual power. In the corner of room set up shelfs, this shelfs made using special material, it can placed spiritual plants or spirit beast cores and won’t drain its spiritual energy.

In the middle of room is a gray refining furnace, probably a person tall, with three feet round belly shape, the furnace surface engrave with all kind of talisman. In the Overflowing Cauldron Pill Scripture had seen, these talismans is some special gather spiritual spell, able greatly increase the probability of pills. The more higher level of the furnace, type of talisman will more complex, and more useful.

Around the furnace arrange several mats, one side of wall there’s a long table and simple bed, using for rest if refining midway.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  2. DevianT

DevianT Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally think that you should include the raw here as Chinese words sometimes contain multiple meaning in a sentence

OceanMagix likes this.
  3. RR Vocaloid

RR Vocaloid RoyalRoad.com Slepragt

Reading List:
    Link
    That would be more of TLC work than editing.

Disgusting and Femme Fatale like this.
  4. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    The room was twenty square meters large, its walls were engraved with countless runes, used to gather spiritual power. In the each corner of the room the shelves made of special material were located. If a spiritual plant or a spirit beast core were placed on such a shelf, they won't lose any of the spiritual energy.
    In the middle of the room a gray furnace was seen. This round refining furnace was as tall as a person and its surface was engraved with all kinds of talismans. In the Overflowing Cauldron Pill Scripture it is said that such talismans create a special gathering spiritual spell, that greatly increases the probability to create a pill. The higher was the level of the cauldron, the more complex talisman formation would be engraved on it, making it more efficient.
    The furnace was surrounded with mats. A long table and a simple bed to rest in the process of refining were near one of the walls.

P.s. I'm not interested. Procrastination could take you miles away from the task you must do. >_<

5. jackateonetoo

jackateonetoo Wet Dog

Reading List:
    Link
    Needs a little context in some parts. Whose perspective is this from?

The room's area is about twenty square meters, the wall is engraved with many runes, used for gathering spiritual power. In the corner of the room are some shelves set up. These shelves are made using special material, where spiritual plants or spirit beast cores can be placed, and it won’t drain its spiritual energy.

In the middle of the room is a gray refining furnace, probably a person's height, with a three-foot round belly shape. The furnace's surface is engraved with all kinds of talismans. In the Overflowing Cauldron Pill Scripture had seen that these talismans are some special spells for gathering spiritual energy, able to greatly increase the success of pills. The higher level of the furnace, the type of talisman will be more complex, and more useful.

Around the furnace are arranged several mats. One side of the wall there’s a long table and simple bed, used for rest if refining midway.

6. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really proficient, but as you say, procrastination..

Both 'the's are not needed, neither have been mentioned before,

Maybe 'spirit gathering spell' instead?

'The higher the level of the cauldron was,' still doesn't flow well, though..

Green Apple likes this.
  7. Kerbouchard

Kerbouchard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If this is an actual example of the level of English text that will be edited, the chapters would have to be very short to make $4 worthwhile for quality editing. Pretty much every sentence needs reworking, and essentially rewriting whole chapters takes time.

8. I Ship anything cute

I Ship anything cute [Chaos Twin :3] [Melo fanclub member]

Reading List:
    Link
    The room was about twenty square feet, there were many runes engraved on the wall, which were used for gathering spiritual power. In the corner of the room was a set of shelves, these shelves were made using a special material, it can be placed in spiritual plants and beast cores and won't drain spiritual energy.

In the middle of the room was a gray refining furnace, probably as tall as a person, the furnace was 3 feet with a with a round center, the furnace's surface was engraved with all kinds of talismans in the it was written in The Overflowing Cauldron Pill Scripture, that these talismans had been used to increase the probability to create a pill. The higher the level of the furnace the more complex and useful the talismans would be.

I'm not the best, but I'll work hard!(also could you not pay me? I'd rather do it for free, because it's too troublesome to get me from you, and I have a lot of free time! as Long as I have a schedule I'll be able to deliver)

9. Green Apple

Reading List:
    Link
    True, shelves don't need "the". The room was already mentioned though.
    Maybe.
    Higher tier cauldrons were engraved with increasingly sophisticated talismans to make them more efficient. ?

10. Green Apple

Reading List:
    Link
    Their or there that is the question.

11. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Your biggest mistake is stating how much you will pay in a public forum
    Also, it is against the rules.
    Best of luck to you.. you are gonna need it
    Personally, I will not hire a member of this community to work for me
    The lack of professionalism is confounding

12. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    The room already has, but the corner hasn't

Green Apple likes this.
  13. Green Apple

Reading List:
    Link
    For some reason I was under impression that it is necessary to use "the" with "each". Quick google search showed that "each" is used without "the". :blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood::blob_coughblood:

14. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking at the translation attempts and wondering why everyone's leaving the first sentence with a comma splice...

15. niallronen

niallronen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here I go: (Btw) I do have some interest in the gig) Email: [email protected]

The room was twenty square meters large, its walls engraved with countless runes which were used to gather spiritual power. In each of the room's corners were shelves made of a special material. If a spiritual plant or a spirit beast core were to be placed on such a shelf, they wouldn't lose any of their spiritual energy.

In the middle of the room a gray furnace was (readily) visible. This round refining furnace was as tall as a person, its surface was engraved with all kinds of talismans. In the Overflowing Cauldron Pill Scripture it is said that such talismans could create a special gathering spiritual spell, one that could greatly increases the probability of (successfully) creating/forming a pill. The higher the level of the cauldron, the more complex the talisman formation.
    Surrounding the furnace were a number of mats. A long table and a simple bed to sleep while refining was underway lay near one of the walls.

16. I Ship anything cute

Reading List:
    Link
    I was rushing okay?

17. Green Apple

Reading List:
    Link
    I was joking. Chill.

18. KingOfMangonia

KingOfMangonia [The Progenitor] [The Mango] [Logic]

Reading List:
    Link
  19. I Ship anything cute

Reading List:
    Link
    Did I sound offended:blobfearful:? I wasn't offended :blobsweat_2:

20. KingOfMangonia

KingOfMangonia [The Progenitor] [The Mango] [Logic]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes... mostly because of the "okay?" which seemed to show that you were kinda fed up