Request Games like Rune Factory 3

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Ophious, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    So my favorite game series of all time is the harvest moon series, and among them I love rune factory 3 the most. So can any of you recommend me games that have both action, fantasy, farming and with a bit of a dating sim?

2. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    Ever play Stardew Valley?

3. FenixR

FenixR Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rune Factory 4 in 3ds lol.

Stardew valley a bit, Fantasy Life without the dating sim... or farming. My Time at Portia but a focus more on crafting than farming (You can still plant as stuff but its mostly fire and forget)

Glaerun and Miku like this.
  4. Mordeth

Mordeth Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stardew Valley, if you're not allergic to pixels

5. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    I have but the artwork was just not for me.....
    Already played the 4th one

6. Xenefia

Xenefia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really wish there were more games like it, but I don't think there are really any other games which truly capture that Runefactory essence. Game development idea?

Blitz likes this.
  7. ghostk

ghostk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im sorry i can really only think about the 6
    rune factory games that fit

8. FenixR

FenixR Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well stardewvalley gets the rune factory essence but a lite version, not much depth/grind for skills.

Fantasy Life scratched my itch of having an unholy amount of skills to grind + interactive crafting that you need to do well to make high quality stuff (Something from the first rune factories iirc) + hunting for mobs/materials in the world + Decent Combat. No farming though like i said.

My Time at Portia doesn't have skills to grind (Do have levels though and 3 skill trees) but i liked the crafting aspect of it, bunch of machines + upgrades to convert materials to convert materials and craft stuff. Okish combat, hunt for materials from mobs, mines, trees. Mining in the quarry its great too. There's also dungeon diving for materials. Dating Sim on par with Harvest Moon/Rune Factory series (Gifts, Dating, Playing Rock Paper Scissors or Sparring/Fighting) the best part of its friendship/dating system its that relationships aren't isolated in a vacuum, once you advance your relationship with someone you get bonus points to anyone that person considers a friend/family etc.

Story of Seasons (Both games) gets a bonus mention for socializing and farming.

Ophious likes this.
  9. earthdrake

earthdrake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly there are incredibly few games in that genre, stardew valley with mods comes very close.
    Outside of the Rune factory/Harvest moon sagas, Stardew Valley and a few other games (maybe graveyard keeper though is nowhere as good as any of the others and as other said My time at portia and Fantasy life) you can try Harvest Life, Farming Together and another farming something (forgot the name but was on discount for reaching the v1.0 a few weeks ago).
    Outside of that you may try Rimworld and Oxygen not Included maybe however they are full managment game.
    Hope it helps.

10. OceanMagix

OceanMagix Catnapping periodically. Existence is oblivious

Reading List:
    Link
    Hometown story?

11. insania

insania Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While I want to recommend you some games, I cannot think of any games that are similar to Rune Factory. The only games I can think of that are similar to Rune Factory 3 are the other Rune Factory games which you probably would have already played.

12. Sakuratea

Sakuratea A Cup ot Tea

Reading List:
    Link
    Fantasy life on 3ds. Recently i picked it up again and still love it.