Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Alda's jaw drop moment in this case will be bloody glorious lol

Claus likes this.
  2. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i have no idea about microbes it was mostly guesses i guess i was just trying to say the gods are good filters? or sorters? sorry and thank you for pointing this out.
    cause i was kinda under the impression (without any reason) that they where more like mouths and stomachs combined. and again, thanks for correcting me.

but hows he gonna break i to the people outside the moantian range? or is gonna break it to them anyway? also what is it gonna look like, it's part marduke, part tiamat and part van. is that right? or is it just tiamat and van. either way by adding Vandimonium to anything you get high regen abilities and immortality, but too add immortality too itself is just too much, i mean does it either not do anything or with it strengthen the soul itself to unshatterable levels. the possibilities... their endless MWUAHAHAHAHA!!!

hillo315 likes this.
  3. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I'm reading with MTL too, but I am pretty darn sure you read the scenario exactly in reverse.
    Tiamat: Get up on my palm and place the bone in the center.
    Van does as she says
    Tiamat: Now add some of your blood.
    Van does so again, then gets down. Tiamat swallows bone.
    Tiamat: "Now I'm pregnant, congrats. Think carefully about the child's name."

Korleone, Claus and hillo315 like this.
  4. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    They already know. News spreads fast.

It's still funny.

Actually, this way works better. Until now, Van has accidentally engaged with various girls. By impregnating a goddess, Van just escalated a running gag, which wouldn't have worked if Van did it on purpose.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  5. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah i have too agree with you @jemini i got that impression too and plus their was no way of knowing how dragons reproduce and i'm pretty sure dampires don't reproduce like that.

hillo315 likes this.
  6. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    true that:blob_grin:

edit

just reread my comment and holy crap my speed spelling is bad, i really need to check it before i post.

hillo315 likes this.
  7. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    How dragons and dhampirs normally have children is irrelevant, because according to the narrator, fertility goddesses can procreate however the actual fuck they want. :blobamused:

Korleone, NekoMK2, Mesaphrom and 2 others like this.
  8. Shiro-Tensei

Shiro-Tensei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, can someone give a summary of the chapter please.

hillo315 likes this.
  9. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do have to say though, this chapter was pretty darn wild. It has the feeling of the Mushisarl (sp?) scene just being a nice calm-down scene to allow the reader to not be overstimulated with all the highly stimulating insanity going on for the rest of the chapter following that bomb from Tiamat.

And at the end of all this celebratory stuff, the two reincarnated bravers just confess and get an "oh, whatever, good for you" response from Van.

Actually, I'm not sure about the exact translation due to MTL, but I read some line about "painful" in there in the way it translated it for me. I interpret that to mean something along the lines of "Thanks for telling me. Now, was that so painful?" Due to his lines before of thinking they are just children feeling guilty and wanting to confess some mischief and he was saying in his inner monologue of planning to just forgive whatever they were about to say with maybe a light scolding at most. It sounds like he heard something that wasn't worth scolding, therefore his thought process runs unmodified by the new information straight to "forgive them only, nothing worth scolding," like one of those classic "Oh, yes, no big deal" and the next line is "Wait, what!?"

That being the case, this IS Vandaleu we are talking about. I'm pretty sure there will never be a "Wait what!?" line. Still, I'm not entirely certain whether or not he realized what they said immediately before they spoke. However, he is likely to conclude after all that it's no real big deal and he's not upset at the slightest and, in fact, this is a good thing if anything. (I'm just about 100% on that last part that's exactly what Van would think on that one.) Still, the question is what conclusions he will come to in regards to how to treat this information, because now he knows they don't need to be treated as children.

Korleone, jubjub3000 and hillo315 like this.
  10. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    i guess you could say she stole the first child spot from that ghoul called erm... i don't remember erm... zadaris?

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  11. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm an MTL reader, so it's probably better to get a proper summary from a RAW reader, but until that happens my brief summery is as follows. (the chapter is divided into 3 sections.)

Section 1.

Van, after finding the bone of Marduke and getting no good feedback from Ravovisfard, decides to go ask the Dragon Goddess Tiamat who has basically taken Marduke's position since he died meaning she is likely to be the one most knowledgable and the highest authority on the subject. After confirming all the details about the bone, the discussion comes up about how to respect the dead here in regards to what he should do with the bone.

A few ideas are kicked around, but what it keeps coming back to is that Tiamat tells him that the greatest honor for the dead in dragon culture is for their remains to be used as weapons/equipment or for them to in some way be used to benefit their decendents in some other way. Basically, they consider it an honor to still be useful to their kin even in death. Van starts thinking along these lines and concludes he has already made enough high-class equipment that there is no piece of equipment he could possibly make of this bone, that is just a dagger-size tail bone, that could do such an honor to someone in the position of father god of all dragons. The only thing that could be made from a bone of this size is a dagger or a wand, neither of which would really be needed or useful as the only one to use the wand would be Van and he already has a wand made from a god's bone.

Seeing this conclusion, Tiamat tells Van to give her the bone and put some of his own blood on it. He does so, then she eats it, then she tells him that she is now going to lay an egg in 1 week, and the egg will hatch in 1 month after being laid, and then the result will be a newborn dragon that will also be Van's child as well. She says this child will be 100% dragon, and that she actively does not expect the child to have succession rights for the Vidal empire. Oh, and she also saddles him with the responsibiliby of naming the child.

Section 2.

Cut to Mushkisarl, we get a progress report on how things are going with the now former emperor of the Amed Empire. Short short version, he has been replaced by the great grandson of a former rival to the throne. He is also effectively under house arrest in a large mansion.

Section 3.

Cut back to Vandaleu, now in Talosheim. He has decided to tell everybody about the news that he is now having his 1st child. Chizare is in a complete frendsy about how this situation should be handled because it is an absolutely unprecidented situation. He imagines for a moment the typical case of a monarch having an illigitimate child outside of the royal wedding scenario, but this precident absolutely does not apply because usually in that situation the woman is of lower status and the standard to use is to pay her off and buy her silence and keep the entire thing underwraps. In this case though, the woman is a goddess, and the birth of such a child is such that it would be fanatically celebrated even if the father were not the emperor.

They go on and on about this for a while, and then it is pointed out that the construction of the giant Vandaleu god statue is nearing completion and ought to be finished shortly before the egg hatches given Tiamat's timeline she provided. At some point during all this, Oniwaka gets real upset because apparently she had wanted to have his first child and be his official wife.

Finally, the two reincarnator boys, now around 5 years old, approach Vandaleu looking very guilty as though they want to confess something. Vandaleu, who still thinks they are just normal children, thinks they probably got into some mischief or borke something and want to confess it to him. He decides ahead of them even talking that whatever they are going to confess he will just let them off with a light scolding at the absolute most and immediately forgive them. They confess they are bravers from their past life with a panicked soundiing apology. Vandaleu doesn't scold them and instantly forgives them with words that I'm guessing would be perfectly appropriate to if they had just confessed some normal childish mischief a 5 year old would normally get up to.

EDIT: Also, the chapter abruptly ends immediately after Van's "forgiveness/casual dissmissal of normal childish mischief" response to that bomb-shell confession. We don't even get a status read for any subordinates like we usually do, all we get is an ability upgrade report for the politics/religious strengthening abilities that Van has. (3 abilities, I'm not even going to attempt their names because skill names are quite routinely butchered by MTL)

12. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    • A few uses for Marduke's bone are considered. Tiamat, a dragon fertility, instructs Van to impregnate her with Marduke's bone and Van's blood. Thus, Van's first child is conceived.
    • Perspective switch to Marshukzarl. The Amid Empire has fallen further into Alda's control.
    • Enough about depressing things. Back to Van! The news of Van impregnating Tiamat reaches the Vidal Empire and the entirety of Vida's faction. Everyone celebrated, etc.
    • A few reincarnators introduced themselves as such to Van.
    Ninja'd. :blobninja: Whatever. jemini is best summarizer.

Don't forget that Van's virginity is still up for grabs! The harem will have to wait until he reaches puberty, though. :blobpopcorn:

Wow, that's weird to think about.

Reman Scimitar likes this.
  13. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    basic summary

van asks dragon's and giants (that imprisoned traitor,tiamat and co) what they should do with mardukes bone, van uses a death magic repairing the bone to a size bigger than himself, they suggest to make him into equiptment as that is how dragons honer their dead and they also suggest to resurrect him and add him to knochen, tiamat says she knows what to do with it and gets van to cover it with his blood, then she does some hockus pockus shit and plants it, in seven days a dragon should sprout (but make sure to water it every day else it might not like you JK) then its mostly reactions i guess. hope that works.

edit
    @jemini is better at explaining things look at his

edit 2- the re-editing
    "[Capability value strengthening: reigning], [Capability value strengthening: Faith], [Capability value strengthening: Vidal Empire] The level of skill has risen! " that was at the end so do with it as you please.

@jemini i just put this here so people didn't have to look for it and to link it together

hillo315 likes this.
  14. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be more specific, Van begins to give them the standard "I'm glad you could come clean with me. it takes a lot of courage to blah, blah, blah" speech, before suddenly stopping in the middle of a sentence and going "...hm?" :blobsweat_2:

15. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    I think everyone forget something, it seem Tiamat teasing Diana, if they found Giant God bones, Diana turn will come. Somehow if Van mate with Vida i think there will be new subordinate god that will come to guide soul to Vida circle.
    Edit: it seem Talos encorouging Diana and it's become fight between sibling. So Diana is Life attribute of Giant.

16. HiroBlaze

HiroBlaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I was about to mention it. Although, I can't help feeling scammed a bit.... if I was in that position. Child making without the fun stuff. Vida probably had magical storks deliver her children in many cases rather than actual love making.

It's kinda amusing seeing a dragon calling Van father at his age. It's going to be harder for Van to turn down goddesses like Tiamat who want kids, but with non-god members he can still use his age as an excuse for some time. A manual reincarnation of Marduke in a way similar to how the broken champion fragments made Van, Tiamat just did something similar. Van's dragon son or daughter could possibly have traits similar to Marduke, Vida, Van, Tiamat.

Van could have a drama or novel made out of this. "I had kids with a dragon goddess and now I'm a teenage virgin father." Serialization starts in Talosheim during Spring.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  17. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    Abysmal dragon anybody? Capable of teleporting via shadows? OP at night. Is made of shadows or darkness itself?

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  18. Claus

Claus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Vandalieu to build the tunnel to look for more fragments of the Marduke in the Adamantium "Mine" and Mithril from where the golens came, he joined the bones found with a magic spell of the attribute of death to its original form, which is the size of a tree.
    After showing the bone to Tiamat, it is discovered that the fragment has residual thoughts of Marduke, but only of hatred and resentment. After that bone is returned to Vandalieu who does not know what to do with it, so Tiamat has an idea, she asks Vandalieu to put the fragment of Marduke in the palm of his hand and give blood to him, after it has done it swallows the bone of Marduke and Vandalieu's blood and says, "Now I'm pregnant! The egg will come out in a week and it will take a month to be born, so think of the name of your first child!"
    Next we have the former emperor after the new pope removes him from the throne, isolated in a mansion, on an island in the middle of a lake, hanging over the future.
    Already in the Vidal Empire and in other nations, a festive wave (and another chaotic wave) spreads because of the news of Vandalieu's first son being a dragon goddess. The brothers Legston, Chezare, and Kurt were dissatisfied, since there was no case that an Emperor and a Goddess had a child, so they do not know how to proceed with the Empire. Meanwhile, Vandalieu's brides accepted, only having a misunderstanding with Onikawa, but Vandalieu chased her and bound her with strings, and then explained the misunderstanding.
    And ending with the confession of the two reincarnators to Vandalieu about their true identities.

Mesaphrom and hillo315 like this.
  19. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope Onikawa not open new door

Mesaphrom, Claus and hillo315 like this.
  20. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well then, I guess we know EXACTLY what the next chapter is going to be about in that case.

Mesaphrom and hillo315 like this.