Art Novel Cover Art

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by ZuluA, May 20, 2018.

1. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish but I don't have my stories online since everything is wip for me lol.

art of my characters for them i do have them here http://rumbyquest.weebly.com/projects.html (besides toyhou.se/rumby or my deviantart because those are messy and all over lol)

2. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd prefer a work with an epic cover over one with a noob cover and hope the work can be equally epic as the cover

3. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's definitely worth it to pay somebody to do a cover for you. Remember, it's a one time thing only. So unless you are also an artist, you should hire one to do the art side of things for you.

4. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    btw, may I know if you have a Chinese version of the novel?

5. ZuluA

ZuluA Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No I don't. It's only english rn, would have a chinese version if I knew Mandarin

6. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... at least I can say the art is damn good!
    Got me interested in the novel...
    Might read it if you start uploading it to RRl... I sort of vowed to never visit Qidian's site after all the shit they've done~

7. ZuluA

ZuluA Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I post on RRL too actually, I've updated my first post with the rrl link if you're interested

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  8. OPactionhero

OPactionhero Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was a great investment, the cover looks awesome, I'll look into your story as well.

9. nakimushi

nakimushi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the art! Not too fond of the layout for the text and the fonts used though. Its position creates a strange white space that's the window area. The art is nice, I like the details to the clothes and chair backing.

As for the worth, I think it boils down to what makes one more satisfied. If one is satisfied with making their own, why not? One probably understand the feel of their own novel and what they want to portray in the cover the most. Sometimes it's hard to convey that to the artist. Personally, I feel more comfortable if every part of a novel I write belongs to me, including the cover. So I'll at least attempt to make one.

Otherwise, hiring professionals works too. (Btw, wow the two you contacted are good.) I always feel good when I look at good art. Attracting more readers is a plus too.

Like someone mentioned, try to get the working file, if possible. If the artist can help you export an image without the text, you could ask for that too. If you ever change your cover, you could use that as an illustration insert within the novel. Also, your novel looks interesting! Will add it to my always expanding reading list ~

10. eseul

eseul [ blank ] |_・)

Reading List:
    Link
    the artwork on her page looks 10x better than your book cover...
    If the two were side by side I would be wondering if it were the same person that drew it...
    Not that the cover is bad in anyway....It's very very nice. But side by side from the drawings on her artist page, it leaves me wanting something more.

11. Tsukkin

Tsukkin [is currently lurking]

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with this, the fonts in title is a bit too much, and the placement is quite bad. Maybe u can put your name on the lower part of the cover, its quite empty space there. And avoid using too many fonts in one artwork.

But the artwork itself is good tho, so i think its worth the price, plus its some sort of investment so u shouldnt feel bad about it

Edit: ah i didnt realize that this is old thread... -_-