Discussion Qidian Originals is a joke

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by noveldude123, Oct 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nobodyimportant

nobodyimportant Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "don't leave a bad review for bad novels that's mean wtf you're only supposed to praise bad authors!"

Yeah okay

chomer, LeeEzekiel and noveldude123 like this.
  2. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    Well.. what do you expect from original novels done by amatures anyway..
    Also its human nature to create fake reviews and upvote their own work..

Wujigege likes this.
  3. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    Well they're not pros, so as everyone said expecting they have perfect grammar when it's a hobby and not paid work is too much to ask for. If you want editing maybe offer yourself to be an editor or pay for one?

Like i doubt you put like, "you suck stop writing loser" but just listing negative feedback doesnt help offer improvement. But if you did, it can sound like you're just trolling and rude so maybe they thought you were trolling their novel?

But to comment about the lots of good feedback left, sure they might be shallow and positive because maybe they want spirit stones? ( Since i think users get something from commenting but idk) so it maybe there's an incentive to comment regardless. And might not be the author upvoting themselves if this is the case.

4. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im not saying to not leave bad reviews, i'm saying that you have no fking clue about the story but is just leaving a bad review because english/grammar sucks is unnecessary.
    like i said, many of you people here are comparing these amateur works to professional works which is ridiculous.

a review of an amateur book should be about it's content, not about the poor language used. whats more important is that the review's score should reflect your review, not in a bad to lower the scores from the rest of the reviews.

if u dont understand that, then there is no point talking to you and you are and will be nobody important for probably the rest of your entire life.

Rumby, ayyshadow and Wujigege like this.
  5. joey183

joey183 The Mysterious Entity

Reading List:
    Link
    Just think you have bad luck and move on. No point in arguing further with the author if the author doesn't accept your opinion. After all, you didn't pay any cent on this anyway so you got nothing to lose.

noveldude123 likes this.
  6. Vrethalya

Vrethalya Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    1st. check your title, double think about it, unless you really want to invite dem shitposter
    2nd. even googleplay's review are being bought by some developer.
    3rd. when someone says that they're open for criticism, most of the time, they arent. especially author and content creator.
    4th. arguing about it on other forum got you nowhere.
    5th. my grammar is shit. get over it.

kenar and noveldude123 like this.
  7. Omnicast

Omnicast Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A hobby?! ROFL don't be stupid. If there is a service that requires payment it isn't a hobby anymore it's a god damn business!

The currency is virtual and only exists within their system. None the less they still selling their virtual currency for real currency that is still in circulation. Dumbed down version. Qidian: "Give me money back by a government (USD) and I'll give you my fake money that can only be used on my site (Spirit Stones)". If this isn't a god damn business I don't know what is.

IT'S-A HOBBY IF IT'S DONE FOR FUN OR ENTERTAINMENT! If these stories were free then I'd agree with you that some leeway should be given for reading it for free. STILL, criticism is NOT WRONG! If it's constructive I don't see a problem with it. If people can't even say they don't like something for a certain reason we might as well be living in a dictatorship. Might as well have people roaming the streets with a giant ass GESTAPO logo on their backs.

These people write for a living. That means they WORK as a writer getting PAID for their writing. This is a business. Why would they write for Qidian if they don't get paid? They need an audience to read their works and get a following. This leads to more readers which then leads to potential profit!

If they really did this as a hobby for fun or for self-improvement they wouldn't need it published on Qidian's Webnovel.com. They could have published it on Wordpress or RRL or whatever other writing sites there are out there for free.

Also, grammar IS PART OF THE CONTENT! I don't want to read a god damn story without proper formatting! How do you like giant blocks of text? Without proper spacings/punctuations/formatting. It's like a garbled mess. A mishmash of paint thrown together. How the fuck do I even make sense of it? Is it a puzzle? Do I need to rearrange everything before reading? No that's the author/editor's job.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    AurionLute and noveldude123 like this.
  8. Vrethalya

Vrethalya Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    what? so those americans or any native speaker have no right to criticize people from a non-english speaking country's grammar?
    at least the dude explains about what's bad from his novel, and it could help him to improve his work's quality.
    but yeah, people have their own personal taste, some people might hate cliches and some are lovin it.
    and i cant open the image that this dude provides, so i dont know how harsh his criticism is. but its ridiculous for people who said that they're open for criticism complains about being criticized.
    its like criticizing a newbie cooks who ask you about what's bad about his food, and then getting leashed because you tell him the truth
    "boohoo, i just started cooking, why you so mean?"
    this, people, is the type of a person who cant take a pounding and improve themself.
    bad review is a form of criticism (if not trolling that is), if you cant have it, dont say that you're open for criticism.

Wosefiz and Robofs740 like this.
  9. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wall of text
    your english sucks too. i'm blocking you.

10. Omnicast

Reading List:
    Link
    Pot calling the kettle black. :blobxd::blobrofl::blobsweat::sweating_profusely::facepalm::notlikeblob::blobawkward:

kenar and Robofs740 like this.
  11. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    r u high? majority of original authors don't earn anything at all. only the ones who have gifts enabled earn money and theres only like 10 or so right now.

besides these 10 original authors which are premium, every other original which is like 99.9% of the original stories are free.
    not to mention that OP never stated which novel he is talking about and is talking about *ALL* of the originals on WN.

yea you are retarded too. blocking you too.

like i mentioned, 99.9% of the original authors on wn are free so that would mean that is it a hobby according to you but yea, you are retarded.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2018
  12. Omnicast

Reading List:
    Link
    Ignore function is great. Ignore function is life. Gotta ignore the retarded people. :blobokhand:

*Cough* The pot! *Cough*

13. Vrethalya

Vrethalya Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay....
    :blobpensive:

14. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone takes criticism in their own way.
    Some can handle being roasted and others will retort when they see flames.

I remember when I wrote a story for school and was told it was unrealistic. My peer review group, just didn't have a sense of imagination. I internally facepalmed, because it was fantasy-fic. The world written doesn't mirror the real world.... oh well digressing a bit.

OPs post was entertaining, though

15. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't forget to charge your phone!:blob_grin:

16. Twilight Fox

Twilight Fox 【Foxy】【Ayayayay!】

Reading List:
    Link
    To be fair, there is a reason for that...

17. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Something in life that is not like it appears.
    What a shocker!!...NOT!! :facepalm:

18. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    In a way I read the thread title with Mario's accent, in my head.

""Mama Mia, Qwe~dan originalz issa jooke!""

19. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Or he can buy well edited books like normal people.
    You get what you pay for. He is just being entitled
    Haha my sides hurt from laughing

SoulZer0 and Barnnn like this.
  20. Ikan

Ikan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Author got no chill...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.