Spoiler Competing In a Harem Isn't As Good As Raising a Dog (F!MC)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Nokita, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Nokita

Nokita Potato Who Is Procrastinating Many Things

Reading List:
    Link
    Raws: 宫斗不如养条狗
    Translation: Competing In a Harem Isn't As Good As Raising a Dog
    Author: Feng Liu Shu Dai 风流书呆

https://www.x23us.com/html/56/56373/
    http://www.ysts8.com/Yshtml/Ys15494.html
    http://www.zizaidu.com/zizaidu/32/32169/index.html
    https://www.lread.net/read/66932/
    https://www.101novel.com/ck101/76773/
    http://www.lewen123.com/20/20423/.html
    https://wenxue.iqiyi.com/book/catalog-18l2h5fnfp-1.html

Summary:

“狗皇帝”被“挡箭牌”宠妃收养,跟在宠妃身后经历各种残酷宫斗并找到真爱的过程.

PS:只虐狗皇帝的身心,不虐女主 狗皇帝会恢复人身 这不是正统宫斗文,爱情会有,专宠也会有 本文金手指大开,本文天雷狗血都会有.

从狗狗的视角去看自己的妃嫔和皇子,原来温柔可人的解语花背地里却是食人花,孝顺知礼、聪明可爱的的皇子公主也会转瞬变成恶魔,过程各种颠覆各种幻灭!不过老天保佑,狗皇帝跟了个治愈系的好主人,虽然过程有点艰辛,结局却是美好的。

The "mutt Emperor" being taken in by the beloved "shield" Concubine, following the beloved Concubine and experiencing the cruelty of Imperial Harem infighting as well as finding true love in the process.

PS: Will only abuse the mutt emperor's body and heart, won't abuse the female protagonist. The Mutt Emperor will eventually regain his human body. This isn't your usual imperial harem infighting, there will be love and there will be favoritism as well. Golden Finger. This novel will have lighting strikes as well as dog blood.

From the viewpoint of a pup going to watch his concubines and princes/princesses, what was originally a warm and delightful, understanding flower is in actuality a man-eating plant, and the polite and well-mannered, intelligent and cute princes and princesses turn into demons in an instant, the process both earthshaking as well as fantasy destroying. But thanks to whatever god there is, the mutt Emperor became stuck with a healing-type master, even though the process is a bit hard, the ending is truly happy.

In where one day an Emperor wakes up in the body of a dog and is taken in by the woman who is his Concubine.

This novel is truly different from novels a lot of people read and write. You often see, in a lot of romance CNovels, how the author to achieve a true 1v1 style, writes both ML and MC being pure to the point they haven't even gone through their first kiss? And here? Oh boy, i'm here to tell ya that this is NOT the case.

The ML, aka the mutt emperor (mutt, both as an insult as well as a hint towards him suddenly possessing a dog's body), is truly, honestly, completely a Slag.... 渣男 A trash man. This ML, as an emperor, truly has an imperial harem, he sleeps with them, as well as the MC, and stretches the "slag" further because he is 'in love' with this man-eating flower (though he thinks she's a pure and innocent flower) and uses MC as a meat-shield, by pretending to be in love with her so the harem's hostility is directed at her, even sends her some medicine that harms her body so she won't become pregnant, and so on so on.

HOWEVER STOP! DON'T GO! GIVE IT A CHANCE!

If my soundless screaming for you to not leave doesn't deter you, maybe this will: This novel is written by the same author who wrote the famous BL quick Transmigration, "Quickly Wear the Face of the Devil".

So, if you can go through with that novel's ML having children with other women before meeting MC and so on, then you can damn well read this, so please sit the fuck down and hear me out. YOU WILL REGRET IT OTHERWISE.

This novel is the only novel so far to have tried a plot akin to a.... Slag-reforming process. AKA the author taking a truly, honestly, no sugar-coated, slag trash man, and then slowly reforming him into a loyal puppy who only loves the protagonist.

WITHOUT making the readers flip their table.

How? Certainly, the way in how the ML acted before, being all asshole and harming MC, brings anger to me, however to see him slowly being consumed by realization, horror, and regret is so, so cathartic.

A lot of Chinese readers, I have noticed, have an obsession with 1v1 purity in how the protagonists are only allowed to do all that romance shit with each other, even having the title of boyfriends and girlfriends and having crushes... (Also, is it me or is Chinese literature ML centered a lot over blackened, possessive, male alpha MLs?) I was pretty surprised when I found this novel amidst the novels written by Feng Liu Shu Dai.

There isn't much fantasy elements aside from some spiritual/monk/buddha things mixed in, logic is thrown in, and the ML proves not to be a totally brainless person, nor completely unredeemable. We see ML being engulfed in confusion, hopelessness, despair, regret, shock, horror, and all that jackshit, and how the MC is a pillar of support and hope to him amidst the destruction of everything he thought he knew.

And you don't have to worry about the MC suddenly forgetting ML's attitude to her all these years either. An "I'm sorry" isn't gonna cut it out for everything he has done to her. MC has all the rights to want absolutely nothing to do with him, and oh gods I'm so happy the author doesn't sugar coat it.

The ML eventually regains his human body, and damn, after having the cloth torn from his eyes and seeing the corruption amidst his officials and the fake acting of the imperial harem, he is having no shit anymore. I can admit that he was damn heart-stopping cool after regaining human body, but anyways I particularly loved the author making him suffer in body and soul, because MC loves her little dog but she doesn't love the ML, and the ML doesn't seem to ever have told her he was her puppy. It's so, so pleasurable watching ML trying to make up for everything and being made to suffer through it. He did so many bad things to MC before, so it's time for him to suffer lol.

And then there's the MC: She's a transmigrated girl from the modern world. It took me quite a time to realize this because it isn't directly said in the novel. Also, the novel is written mostly in the POV of the ML. I only realized this when, in the novel, it began raining lighting and the ancient ppl translated it as the anger of gods and so on, but MC began explaining scientific facts to her loyal servant girls. From then on I began paying more attention to her words and I eventually caught a direct "in her past life" confirming 10000% she is a transmigrator. I think she was an orphan or someone unloved by her parents?

Anyways the MC is an intelligent woman who differs love and hate. She has acting skills after living there for years. There is a hint of reality, because she is sorted into the Harem as a concubine and yeah, think about it, there's pretty much nothing one can do about that, fantasy romance novels aside. MC isn't an overpowered assassin who can only coldly look at you and say "Hn", she has emotions, she can smile and seethe and cry and fume and worry.... She, like many of the authors protagonists, has her own personality and is so lovable and funny and human to us readers. I, for one, loved her character. I'm not able to accurately graph out her personality for you guys, she is just too complicated, but I LOVED HER.

Of course, I loved ML being made to suffer and regret more, but still.

After he regains his human body he retains some of the traits he had as a dog... like, he sometimes licks MC's face and likes huddling her in his arms like she did to him (the dog him) once.

There isn't much I can say it without making everything sound bland and uninteresting and breaking the uniqueness of the author's hand-writing.

Still, this is probably the only and best "Slag Reformation" I have read and I recommend you guys do as well.

I have recently realized that I have different tastes of ML when it comes to languages. When I read Chinese literature I prefer blackened and crazy-ass MLs, but when I read in English I prefer sunshine, gentle, comedic, good MLs.... What is wrong with me?

2. Ashie

Ashie *Hides*

Reading List:
    Link
  3. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    @Nokita I am an avid fan of QWtFotD. And let me ask you this: “When did the ML of QWtFotD novel have children with other women before meeting MC?”

4. Alina Moktan

Alina Moktan LaLisa Stole My Heart

Reading List:
    Link
    Painting arc, where ml had child with other women. That child was abused by step mother. Mc is quite painting guy.
    I have read QWTFOD novel, I drop it because male lead is unclean and sleep with lot of women before mc. I wish mc find better clean guy than him.

This novel sound like Why Harem Intrigue When You Can Just Raise a Dog Instead
    I am not into this novel, more ever I hate guys who is unclean and sleep with lot of women.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  5. Nokita

Nokita Potato Who Is Procrastinating Many Things

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Yukari_me

Yukari_me I Gotta Put Me First

Reading List:
    Link
    The only reason why I sat down to hear your reasoning was because you sounded so funny and desperate to convince us readers but thanks for the recommendation! I'll try reading this one next :blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes:

Nokita likes this.
  7. therandomcookie

therandomcookie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Nokita Thank you for the rec! :blobmelt: I'm afraid I won't be able to give up on my daily dose of sugar yet. :blobpeek: I'll bookmark this though, in case I'm ready to venture out of my comfort zone (crazy, blackened MLs) and delve into the world of slag men and their reformation. The ML groveling his way to redemption is definitely a plus :blobReach:

Nokita and Yukari_me like this.
  8. Yukari_me

Yukari_me I Gotta Put Me First

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 on that

Nokita likes this.
  9. pandaqueen

pandaqueen Immature Dork

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, you would also prefer a different ML (of your own) IRL, so I think there is nothing wrong w the different preferences :blobokhand:
    And no, I did not say this just cause I am the same way :blobReach: I like black bellied CN ML, goody-two-shoes romantic JP ML, and a super mature gentlemanly English ML. Not weird. Nope.

And now I will start to read this since you rec so strongly

Nokita likes this.