Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. kitkat2010

kitkat2010 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am currently working on Episode 12. Episodes 13 and 14 were side extras "Fear of Dogs" and "Lotus Pod" and can be found on manhua-assistant @ tumblr.

Fiorisi, Gizmo1012, LoveManga and 5 others like this.
  2. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    ahhh okok no worries thx (y)(y)

LoveManga likes this.
  3. meridianna

meridianna Suffering Ikemen Best Civilization

Reading List:
    Link
    guys, i heard MDZS official was deleted from tencent video? because the content is too bloody or some shit. people said it will be re-upload, with some alterations tho. daaamn, it can't escape from censorship huh.

Sandu, LoveManga, chiino and 2 others like this.
  4. StarSaber

StarSaber <3 Everyday is Everyday.... secretly Wei Wuxian.

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how this will effect next season's releases....

5. kitkat2010

kitkat2010 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn. I know they'll have to redraw some stuff without all the blood, but not sure how that would look in Episode 15 which was the most violent episode.

LoveManga and chiino like this.
  6. meridianna

Reading List:
    Link
    right, my thought exactly.
    imo if next season focuses on present timeline, it should be not too bloody. i only recall the bloodiest scene is in Yin City ( :blobcry: ) and maybe fight at Burial Mound.
    tho, i expect evil govt will find a way....

LoveManga and chiino like this.
  7. Loverofanimeandmanga

Loverofanimeandmanga Equality doesn't exactly exist.

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too.
    Ummm why do they censore gore so much, I mean the whole novel is like gory as. Damn it I really wanted to see a hot Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian covered in blood guess dat not gonna happen. So
    do you think they’ll also censor the whole part of Wei Wuxian drawing the attraction flag on himself, and instead just make him draw it on a piece of fabric he found. On the floor that wasn’t in the novel?
    *Sigh* whyyy me needs the gore kind of. Me want’s to see more BL. Guess I’ll just have to be content with just the novel showing the gore and the BL. Still gonna enjoy the Donghua though. A thought just came to mind
    How are they gonna show the bloody corpse of the Wens when they appear to

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    setsuna3025, LoveManga and chiino like this.
  8. Na-Ru

Na-Ru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    say goodbye to my hopes for wangxian moments then :blobsob::blobsob:
    I'm just thinking .. if they were gonna do all this censorship why they decided to adapt the novel to a donghua from the start ? they changed parts here and there and even the scenes that supposed to be bloody are gonna be changed too ( notice that they are changed from the start so that mean double Change ) ?! FU** THIS CENSORSHIP :blobangery::blobangery:

9. Rufi-sidd

Rufi-sidd When the wolves come out to play!

Reading List:
    Link
    Aren't stuff of entertainment that is like drama, movies, series etc for peeps also even for children (having hidden improper jokes or inappropriate stuff) these days are even more gory or suggestive than this so tbh I see no valid reasoning behind doing this...... They really need to find the most obscure reasons to just put off the viewers that are so looking forward to this series I don't know whether to face-Palm first or shake my head or worry about season 2 this is just absurd...... No body is gonna get nightmares or sleepless nights from watching this series I'm pretty sure cause it's animation including even the zombies are not unpleasant to the eye...... So wtf tencent I guess

setsuna3025, LoveManga and chiino like this.
  10. Rufi-sidd

Rufi-sidd When the wolves come out to play!

Reading List:
    Link
    True to put it shortly what are they even trying to make and sell in the name of mo dao zu shi is beyond me...... I cannot comprehend
    They're really killing the original work of an author don't they feel they are being a bit unfair here .....

11. Yaoilover-89

Yaoilover-89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone! Excuse me for changing the subject but I saw on the site of EXR on the page of the mdzs novel "GDC Book 1". The novel understand several volumes? :hmm:

LoveManga likes this.
  12. Loverofanimeandmanga

Reading List:
    Link
    What does this mean?
    But now that you said that I think??? I remember reading somewhere on EXR that they are translating from both the edited and original version of the novel. Which means we will read what's better in the edited and the better in the original GDC novel. For example their was this part in the edited version,
    this wasnt in the original GDC novel. Also I think I read that the edited version dosent have the smut/sex seance but I think EXR will translate that from the original novel. I'm not sure I could be wrong and some how imaged this all up:blobsweat: Also I havent read the orignal GDC novel, so yeah I could be totally of the mark. Anyone please tell me if I'm wrong!! But if I'm right we might just be able to hear Wei Ying say to someone I think it was Su She I can't remember how this fully goes . I'll just put my interpretation of what he said, and how it goes in my head. Cause I'm an idiot and think it goes like this now. don't touch that man he's mine. But I know Lan Wangji laughs and everyones shocked so maybe just maybe we will get that scean.:cookie:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  13. LoveManga

LoveManga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello.
    ExR when they reach a certain amount of chapters for a novel they are translating they will compile the translated chapters into a format whereas you can download it and read it offline. They call it Book 1, Book 2 etc. They do this with both GDC and LMW. It is not that the novel has volumes, it’s just that ExR creates the offline version for their readers. You can only see and or download these Books if you login to the ExR website, those who do not login cannot see nor download these Books.

14. chiino

chiino Lady Nie [scheming with my hubby, Huaisang]

Reading List:
    Link
    ExR blurb on their version they are editing.. chapter 48

There have been so many people asking about the raws that it’s getting a bit annoying. First of all, let me be clear—I am using the author’s raws and I am not “changing” it. The differences between “my version” and the “author’s version” happen because the author has written three versions: the original version, the edited version, and the published version. The original version is no longer obtainable through “legal” means and can only be found in txt files.

I do not mean to condemn anyone reading off txt raws (people have reasons and I understand), but in support of the author and in respect to her edits, I have personally chosen to translate the edited version. Since the author decided to edit her work despite knowing that it would overwrite her original version, I assume that she wants readers to read the current edited version.

If you are able to read some Chinese and want to have a taste of what the text is like in its original language, I would encourage you to buy the raws on jjwxc.net. If you cannot pay or really don’t want to pay, feel free to find the raws through means such as Baidu Cloud.

Anyways, this is just a clarification that I have absolutely not been changing anything just for my own sake. Translation is process that easily allows for certain degrees of deception. For example, a translator who doesn’t understand the original language to a full extent may end up accidentally robbing the readers of certain information. As a translator, I’m certain that all of us at ExR strive to translate as accurately to the original text as possible.

And yes, I've seen somewhere too that they will be doing the extras/smut stuff...

Fiorisi, Sandu, setsuna3025 and 3 others like this.
  15. Na-Ru

Na-Ru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when ExR used to put the update calendar for the novels they translate I noticed that they releas new chapter in days and in other days an old chapter .. are they editing the past translated chapters or what ? or revise them ?!
    I actually wanted to ask this since I noticed but I forgot ( they don't put the calendar anymore unfortunately and I used to check for updates acording to it )

setsuna3025, chiino and LoveManga like this.
  16. Na-Ru

Na-Ru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is what I think too .. but then again this is China and this is how they do things .. again fu** censorship :D
    I was thinking if mdzs was given a Japanese license .. I think things would be TOTALLY DIFFERENT THAN THIS ..

17. meridianna

Reading List:
    Link
    i wish it happened not because it's danmei. well, you see, LGBT is not exactly welcome in China.
    granted, i just hope the censor for HoB donghua would be more loose. it's still jarring when i never think MDZS is extremely gory but it got taken down because of the bloody scenes. welp, my endurance for gore scenes is a bit too good i see..

18. chiino

chiino Lady Nie [scheming with my hubby, Huaisang]

Reading List:
    Link
    No, they were doing 2-3 chapters for the novel a week (depending on when they released them) plus chapters for the manhua. You were seeing releases for both that seemed like double to triple the posts because of that. Since the calendar got taken down they have reduced the amount of releases. Not sure if they said why, I don't follow their tumblr - and I think they post more updates over there... but they have been upping releases on other content so likely just life and having more room for new content... Also the added popularity that GDC has brought to their website. Their updates which seem like 1 chapter per novel/manhua (though I'm not reading the manhua so not sure if they still get more than 1 chapter a week) fall onto the weekend now.

19. Loverofanimeandmanga

Reading List:
    Link
    They did but I can’t remember what they said but I know it was because people where pestering about it. But when it got taken down their like why. EXR explained it on their translator notes after one of the chapters they translated. For some reason I enjoy reading translator notes not sure why though.
    :blob_grin:Love how some of the best BL come from China and their so against it.:blobcry:

Edit: I have a high tolerance for gore in donghua anime etc etc, novels manhua what ever else their is, but when it come to movies and people acting the gore out like torture. I can’t my eyes my mind they burn it’s just a big fat no for some reason I can’t Handle that one.

20. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh! Not again of this shit! Why dont they simply put a age restriction? Anyway people nowadays are used to gore. And ANYWAY its not as scary as the novel.... Er... If it does affect the second season does it mean they will tone down the cruelty in Yi city arc? .... .... I dunno whether to be glad or. .. Because its too tragic for me to see it again in donghua...
    PS: best idea. Along with age restriction add the "horror", "tragedy" and "BL" tag about 3-4 times. And ta-da! We dont need censorship anymore!