Discussion Worst novel record

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Jojo775, Oct 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Speed and Strength are not the foundation of Spear skills. The foundation is what the foundation is stated as. I believe the Spear Phantom style he's taught favors Control. There are lots of spear styles in the story for reasons I won't spoil.

Again there's no clear location for them. He doesn't have the slightest clue where on Earth they are. Saying to go look for them is pointless nonsense. Are you saying that he should pick a random direction and start running in it until he finds them? You're also ignoring that he was training and learning about the system and not just sitting around doing nothing. Doing something productive vs searching randomly for people who could be anywhere on Earth.

The bar on RRL is set low because of much worse stories. I've read some. Go check out that Gamer of the Dead I mentioned above and tell me which one you'd rather read. Randidly is probably easily in the top 100 or so stories. I treat it like a cultivation story as that's basically what it is.

It's not about me enjoying or not. It's about the reasons you're naming that don't actually make sense. Not liking the plot or characters is perfectly acceptable to me.

2. Varno

Varno True Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I drop almost everything I read, so I didn't get pass with I saw as mounting mistakes; so there is a chance that I missed somethings. Strength and speed don't only apply to spear. They are the basis for close quarters combat.

I will try your recommendation though, I don't have anything to read.

3. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess the worst offenders for me would be ISSTH, MGA and CSG

I Shall Seal The Heavens, it isn't the worst I've read, but it is among the most disappointing, read until chapter 1020 and I genuinely enjoyed it at one point but somewhere between chapter 300-500 it started going gradually downhill and the last couple hundred chapters I read was nearly torture.

Martial God Asura I read to chapter 777 for some reason despite it being trash all the way, it did trick me a couple times into thinking that it was improving a bit, just for it to take a step back again a while later.

Chaotic Sword Emperor I got to chapter 480, I initially enjoyed it but the mc turned out to be a brainless asshole that I would have liked to kill myself if I could.

Wujigege likes this.
  4. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can say that all of the stats are important for combat in one way or another. Randidly is quite well rounded. He's basically in the I'm OP without a class trope for a lot of the story. Basically getting a class restricts the amount of skills you can get, which restricts the amount of paths you can complete.

I wouldn't call that a recommendation because it's pretty bad. It's more of a "You wanna talk about an awful story look at this" statement.

5. ivanlyw7

ivanlyw7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the Author of the novel got hit by a lawsuit by the Chinese government for insultinf SRAFT so the novel has tentatively ended.

Other rumours are that he got hit with additional copyright issues by plagarising "Let It Go"

Essentially the novel has stopped and instead the author has moved on with another novel.

TianKrea likes this.
  6. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that wasn't his dog.
    the original owner of the body died and the MC didn't know anything.
    not to mention that he was going to die and we're talking about the novel being written by an author who lives in a place where eating dogs is common

7. SummerMascot

SummerMascot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Worst Novels would include:
    1. Anything written by Mad Snail.
    2. Beauty and the Bodyguard (aka School Beauty Personal Bodyguard) written by Fisherman 2nd Generation (aka Fishman The Second 鱼人二代)
      • Bad reviews here: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/beauty-and-the-bodyguard/
      • Author resorts to depowering/resetting MC's cultivation progress to milk/spam chapters: https://forum.novelupdates.com/thre...mcs-cultivation-level-for-400-chapters.75883/
      • Novel author spends more time coming up with lame spinoff side stories of unpopular waifus and "redrawing sexy??? pictures" of MC's double digits of Harem waifus (who have either been in comatose or been kidnapped MIA for 3000+ chapters, I kid you not).
      • Like all bodyguard genre novels, MC is lousy at bodyguarding waifus (2 digits worth of waifus gone comatose or kidnapped, gone missing MIA, got butchered into multiple bodyparts or soul dissipated.)
      • MC is still virgin despite 7,000+ chapters and double digits waifu harem. (Suggests that author undergoes intensive psychiatric Dao therapy from @elengee )
      • As for the villains, MC doesn't get to kill them because of lame reasons (too lame to mention) and these villains (hundreds of them and counting) survive to join the Main Villain's not-so-secret organization (currently operated by Main Villain's waifu). Main Villain is currently trapped with MC's mentor and MC's ancestors/surviving family in the 4th dimension (hello physics?) in an eternal combat standoff.
      • MC is schizo and inconsistent, doesn't have consistent stance against villains.
      • MC doesn't kill the villains that should be killed because he's afraid of offending the villain's upper tier bosses who will in turn take revenge against his waifus, but said villains does bad stuff to his waifus anyway.
      • MC decides to kill villains but ends up failing or triggering a massive backlash that hurts his waifus anyways.
      • MC (or rather Author) has a gigantic ego because he spends like 100 words every chapter monologuing that he's superior to the villains (Author has Self-fulfillment issues).
      • Author rewards MC for making the worst choices.
      • Author causes too many plotholes and retcons stuff along the way.
      • Dumb and Dumber. MC is dumb but villains are even dumber.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    Boboverlord, Jojo775 and anhrefn like this.
  8. NGCleric

NGCleric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Worst novel for me is still Vampire Princess sees a rose colored dream. I never understood why most people who read it have praised it.

9. kieleich

kieleich Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ancient Strengthening Technique: way too much repetition (always cultivating in time-speedup realm), too much harem. Then the plot that was built up over a long time just goes up in smoke (better than dragging it out), and MC enters a new area where he's supposed to be relatively weak, but BAM he's back being the strongest again. So boring.

Not sure what people dislike about ISSTH. It's one of my favorite novels. It goes beyond the boring cultivation by adding some amount of comedy. Most novels don't manage to do anything like it, they stay dry throughout (like DE, very good but also very one-track). If ISSTH is considered bad then I must have missed some really amazing novel...

10. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Cool Anime System (Against the Gods)

This FF is terrible

11. erikvio

erikvio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hated Arena. Started it around the time all the kr novels were starting to get popular, so I stuck around for a while, but nothing about it clicked with me.
    So much of it felt incredibly flippant. The humor didn't work for me at all- the cherub's attitude, its tiny sausage, his family interactions, fried chicken, etc. His slyph was also nonsensically imba. All the characters annoyed me in some way besides one...who DIED. And I try not to let it bother me when reading these types of novels, but the incredible misogyny at multiple points was just the proverbial icing on the shit cake.

Elkon and Wujigege like this.
  12. Maraderchik

Maraderchik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Warlock of the magus world. I like this novel for the first part and second part i read just to know what will be in the end. Well i can bear only 90% of this novel with this attitude and just skip last 100 or so chapters...

13. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Ultimate Evolution.. more like Ultimate Torture
    The grammar is poor sure but what irks me the most is how the author crippled himself
    You can write a fanfic but change character names at least, it will be impossible for it to become a franchise since there is no way J.K Rowling will allow her properties to be used without permission.
    It felt like a poor man's version of Devil's Cage, which is obviously fanfic too, but the author was smart enough to change character names, locations etc to original names. It was damn obvious that it was Sherlock Holmes inspired in one of the dungeons oh well
    Strongest System.. the whole stealing peach, donger... I cannot believe I read that crap for so long. All the penis jokes and scrotum jokes every chapter, I was interested in the adventure, gathering the shards etc but the story was broken by the author.
    A story about ingenious schemes and fighting became one punch ends all rubbish... The romance was gut wrenching pathetic . Then again maybe I lasted so long because I took a 6 month break after 20 chapters haha.

Hahaha I agree with ISSTH, I think I dropped it around 600. It felt eerily similar to Naruto: the orphan that is not really an orphan. Underdog that is not really an undergo but a prince with the best talent in the history of the world. All the world building at the beginning, all the foundations meant nothing since Meng Hao was really a prince who would never have gotten killed since his mom would have destroyed the entire world in revenge

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  14. kieleich

kieleich Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, but he didn't know and his parents had to leave him - and they simply wanted him to live, not necessarily become the strongest. His success in cultivation is not due his parents or heritage but it all comes down to his cheat item(s) and even with the cheats, it's a close call at times. Without his great many cheats, he would be a nobody regardless. It's a difficult point to criticize about any cultivation novel since all the novels are like that, it's kind of the point. MC OP with an inventory full of cheats. Even so Meng Hao has to work harder for his progress than many/most other MC in other novels, even if they aren't princes. In One Piece, Luffy isn't just a random kid either - his father and grandfather are big shots. So what, big deal, if anything it added to the story.

15. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Not my point, the story was retconned, we knew his grandpa was Garp quite early. All the issues Meng Hao faced early on became pointless since his mother would have saved his ass if things got really dire

16. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem with his parents is that for me it just made him yet another asshole "young master" not much different from any of the antagonists.

17. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read 600 chapters of Against the Gods, I don't know why it took me that long to drop it, it is awful.
    That one really confused the heck out of me. He had shit talent in the beginning, then suddenly he has heavenly talent, this really didn't add up.

18. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any LN or WN novel that has a lame vinyl record in it.

19. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    A Will Eternal - At first it was this hilarious story about a man doing his best to achieve immortality then maybe it was because I read 500 chapters in less than a week but the story slowly got boring and finally I couldn't handle Bai Xiachun's shamelessness anymore, but I kept on reading it because others kept saying that it gets amazing later on but I couldn't handle it so I dropped it after another 100 chapters
    Peerless Martial God - I read till around chapter 300 then maybe I missed a chapter or something but I was quite confused on what was going on, why was the MC trying to kill this man again? is what I kept on trying to figure out but instead of going back to look I kept forging onwards because I thought I'd find out when the MC kills him but after I reached that part I still understood nothing.
    Library of Heaven's path - I lost interest around the time he left the small kingdom he lived in the beginning after that I stayed because there were some funny moments but gave up because my skin wasn't thick enough to handle the MC's shameless boasting
    True Martial World - I LOVED the first 300 chapters or so(around till the end of the academy arc) after that it went downhill, I stayed till 1300 before I finally couldn't take it. A mysterious girl said MC should have been able to kill some guy that tried to kill him in the past in 15 years but 100 years later that dude seemed to have been forgotten also the purple crystal, you know the thing that led him to that world, it seemed to also have been forgotten. Everything that was built in the past seemed to have disappeared somewhere, I don't even remember what happened to his pure yang body, did he just give it up?! Also from what I've heard, He only remembers his wife now and is looking for her! Like seriously get your act together boy.

20. Superintendent

Superintendent Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    95% of light novels lol

BLKCandy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.