Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    His face his also described as not a mask, because it is in fact his face.

2. Nakakure

Nakakure Zadiris Empress Faction. NNN member Nr.1.

Reading List:
    Link
    Well gods expecialy from law/order side . All Gods from Chaos side are support Van.

hillo315 and Reman Scimitar like this.
  3. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Forgot that bit, but thanks for tossing it in though. ( Plus they're the not the most trustworthy if they're not willing to help a former local of their world)

Nakakure and jubjub3000 like this.
  4. jubjub3000

jubjub3000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "And saw it. Long white hair and four eyes, a large mouth torn to the position where the ears are, black crown with four arms and six legs strange, creatures that can not think of life." https://ncode.syosetu.com/n1745ct/282/ somewhere in the middle only says four eyes not the position unfortunately.

"To the phantom of the black robe, of the mouth which ripped up to the four eyes and ears." https://ncode.syosetu.com/n1745ct/298/ same again only four eyes.

please tell me if i missed anywhere where they mentioned bander's eyes, i'm curious as too where they are located.

https://ncode.syosetu.com/n1745ct/331/

"Well, certainly.
     Hiroshima, I love you. Tentacles, touch? "
    "Wow! Stop stopping me!"
     Bander who immediately adopts Joseph's words and stretches his tentacles hugging Hiroshi from behind. Hiroshi shakes off his tentacles with a desperate appearance with surprise and embarrassment. He seems to be different from his sister, he does not like the things he did not care about.

just had too add this.

Reman Scimitar, Claus and hillo315 like this.
  5. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, AGAIN, for the 3rd time, Van has the protection of 100% of the gods of both Earth and Origin.

He got the protection from the evil/chaos gods first, which was brought to him by Zuluwarn at about the same time as he was breaking the steak of law and the other Alda artifacts binding Vida, and then later during the next arc Zuluwarn picked up Van in his soul form to personally receive the protection of the other half of the Earth gods and all of the Origin gods.

hillo315 likes this.
  6. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    No duh, sherlock, and read prior posts, not just hounding mine.

7. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you mean the stake of law. The steak of law is Alda's edible portions. :cookie:
    #SealVidaWithSteak

jemini and Reman Scimitar like this.
  8. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    #WellDoneIsJerky #GoRare

9. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe I meant to say that :blobcheeky: Alda is just meat to Van at this point anyway. (Rolls with it. Do they believe me? :sweating_profusely:)

hillo315 likes this.
  10. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    And of course the steak of law failed to hold Vida, because Van nommed on it with ease! :blobrofl:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    Reman Scimitar likes this.
  11. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    New chapter

hillo315 likes this.
  12. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    It's Van's conversation with the 2 reincarnated kids and a summary of the aftermath. Not much else, though Pain and Ruvesfol get status updates.

It's one of 'em slow-paced chapters.

13. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find it very cute that Sarua calls Vandalieu "Big Bro Van" and has to correct himself to "mom and dad" from "mommy and daddy". :blobmelt:

14. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah just read it, its very slow paced as you said, and all that really happened is that van knows about the noble girl (forgot name) but doesn't know which family shes in.

Reman Scimitar and hillo315 like this.
  15. Reman Scimitar

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda feels nice to have a slow one every now and then, keeps the story's tempo from being rushed and quite enjoyable.

jubjub3000 likes this.
  16. jubjub3000

Reading List:
    Link
    i think that the contrast between the chaos that was last chapter and this chapter is, well, very big and too me, a bit jarring, but yeah i guess you could call this chapter "emergancy brakes"

hillo315, Claus and Reman Scimitar like this.
  17. Claus

Claus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I did not expect Pain to reach rank 10, which explains why it did not appear lately, since it probably had become a pupa.
    And to think that Pain has already been ranked 1, as expected from Vandalieu, is worse than Peter and the slime that started in rank 2, since it probably must be harder for a rank 1 monster to survive, compared to a rank 2 monster.

hillo315 likes this.
  18. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's really strange how little actually managed to happen this chapter. The entire thing managed to get filled up with absolutely nothing but inner thoughts regarding the way that this reveal wound up resulting in perfectly peaceful relations between the three of them.

Also, A thought I had afterward that would have been interesting to see, these kids have the strength of A-rank adventurers just from their carry-over stats alone. What is their growing pains when they turn 10 going to look like? They are talking about levels of strength very similar to Van's when he turned the same age, and that was so bad that Van couldn't even scream because the vibrations of him screaming going through his body would be too painful, and eating the normal way was completely out of the question. He had to eat using the DK mouth.

At this rate, they are going to be every single bit as bad. Due to them being on good terms with Van, they are probably going to get the proper medical attention from him when the time comes. However, if they were absolutely anywhere else in the world, Van would not be able to give them this kind of care and they would die of starvation before they could get over their growing pains.

If this thought were added, it would actually add a sense of urgency on their search for the 3rd from-birth reincarnator. It just feels like Rodcorte placed an impossible to overcome time-bomb in the laps of those 3 due to his usual not-thinking standards as usual. He tried to set them up to be Van's enemies. However, the only way they get to survive the experience of puberty is if they get medical attention from Van in order to avoid being killed by a natural fact of growing up on Lamba.

Korleone, hillo315 and jubjub3000 like this.
  19. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A relatively short and simple chapter...

This bit did make me crack up a bit though (a bit paraphased):

Van: I have no problem with you two. Okay, there's a bunch of stuff I want to say to Amemiya and Narumi, Asagi is annoying and I'm planning to kill Rokudou though...
    The two reincarnator kids go pale with fear...
    Van: Er, to repeat - I don't feel any ill will towards you. I have no intention of doing anything to you at all. I swear to god.
    The two reincarnator kids look even worse. (Probably because their only experience of "god" is Rodcorte)
    After Gufadogan whispers something to Van: I swear by my mother
    The two reincarnator kids look relieved - even they are aware that Van is a huge mother-con :blobowoevil:

As for what future these kids face, I'm not expecting too much. I doubt they'll be too keen to fight on the front lines as kids and I doubt Van would try to pressure them into doing so. I wouldn't be surprised if they feel motivated to train somewhat but there's no need for them to be desperate about it. By the time they're adults the war with Alda will likely be over. I guess the only major thing is whether Marshukzarl's involvement will be revealed or not.

20. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, but the plot thread could very well be continued with them being pulled out in order to speak with the 3rd reincarnator whenever they find her. Again, I think someone needs to write Denske a letter or something reminding him of the growing pains mechanic, because if he's not thinking about that one then that one could be a fantastic way to actually make for some urgency in them trying to find the 3rd one before she dies from her own growing pains.

jubjub3000 and hillo315 like this.