LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. A_Passing_Wanderer

A_Passing_Wanderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The initial schedule will be two chapters per day, unless something happens to me. Let's hope that doesn't happen. :sweating_profusely:

As for the novel itself, it's nothing like the Avarice. It's a lot closer to A Monster Who Levels Up in tone and humour. Yes, it's got a lot of humour, but it's not comedy, but action.

2. Arbalest

Arbalest Arcane Knight Anti Mage Honeytrap Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
  3. SupahHamster

SupahHamster 『The One Who Lurks』

Reading List:
    Link
    It was hard, but our MC took the first step towards redemption.

4. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. I like how realistic it was. Like they didn't just forgive him. He's gotta suffer for his actions

5. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    So damn painful to read. But Seol totally deserves it.

6. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Good luck!

A_Passing_Wanderer likes this.
  7. SupahHamster

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my god. Yu Seon-Hwah did not panic because she saw the money. She panicked because she saw the golden invitation stamp on his hand. She is aware of Paradise Lost and realized what Seol Ji-Hu is doing.

Chapter 6: "Kim Hahn-Nah shouted at him, and then snatched the retreating Seol’s left arm. As if she was stabbing him with a dagger, she planted the golden stamp on the back of his left hand."

Chapter 43:
    "He raised his left arm carrying the envelope with money and opened his left palm.
    And then…
    “Uh?” (Yu Seon-Hwah)
    She formed an expression of confusion and looked down at his hand. Then…
    “….What?” (Yu Seon-Hwah)
    Her eyes that remained composed until now widened in surprise."

That blew my mind. I did not see that coming.

This overall section has made this novel really stand out from some of its competitors. I love how they are dealing with regret and grief in the novel. Our MC has done something awful and he has to carry that regret on his shoulders. The damages he has dealt will not heal simply because he is reflecting. It makes the characters feel so much more human than other novels.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    akashfro, Blitz, FHandsome and 4 others like this.
  8. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    So... does that mean that Seon Hwah knows about Paradise? Damn...

Also, fuck Seol for making such a good girl lose hope... dammit, I will at least hate Seol less if Seon Hwah screams and curse at Seol...

9. SupahHamster

Reading List:
    Link
    Even crazier is that the history has strayed even father from the original. He mentioned how in his first run, he did not get to go home for a long time. In addition, it does not seem that he apologized in his last life. Therefore, Seon Hwah never found out about Seol Ji Hu being in Paradise Lost or at least did not find out about it for a long time. Now, in this timeline she knows and Seol has only finished the Tutorial. This could be the beginning of a massive chain reaction that could have long term impacts. The story has moved further away from the bad ending and more into unexplored territory.

As a side note, when you consider her reaction after receiving the money as her surprise at the stamp, the scene after Seol leaves has a huge meaning.

Sorry. I am getting really excited about this.

10. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's kind of amazing. I didn't even consider the possibility that she could have known about the stamp/Paradise. Must have been because I totally forgot about the golden stamp. I'm amazed you remembered that detail. :O

The only thing that makes me curious is how she saw the stamp. I mean, your previous comment said that the stamp was on the back of his left hand, but at the same time, it also said that he opened up his palm. How'd she see it? o.0

OneChompMan and Elkon like this.
  11. Elkon

Elkon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably when he took the money out or when he twisted his hand to give her the money

12. Knight8

Knight8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am i the only that thinks this story is better than the one at qidian?

Night Ghost, CodeZero and Arbalest like this.
  13. A_Passing_Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    Which one at Qidian? You mean, the Hunter?
    They are different type of novels, though. One's more of a comedy with plenty of action, while this one is more circumspect and thoughtful in its progression. I'd say it's like comparing apples to oranges.

14. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    anyway for you to translate 6 chapters a week of avarice? Cause its good, very-much.

CodeZero and OneChompMan like this.
  15. SupahHamster

Reading List:
    Link
    While I am also hoping for this as well, Wanderer just started a new novel series so it is doubtful. Maybe after that series is finished we can ask again.

16. Knight8

Knight8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True,the Hunter isn't a bad novel but two points that i dislike are the the MC is overly obsessed with revenge(of course he has reasons to) and at least to when i read it was too much action without rest he jumps from one situation to another too fast

17. FHandsome

FHandsome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And then there's Soel Hwa has lot money, MC borrow the money from her like 40M won?

How did she get that money aside when she and his sister is orphan from join to Paradise? Except she whoring herself lol

18. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get you, man. That novel feels like it has an explosive progression with chain reactions or after shocks. It feels like an office worker that has been working for 3 days straight with only a nap in between to coagulate his thoughts.

Still, avarice and the hunter has its own niche. Mind you, avarice somehow has the same tempo of progression. The school tutorial arc up to neutral zone is full of work that the only time it slow down is during his doping workout session and the current arc.

19. A_Passing_Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL. In that case, I gotta warn you, the pace doesn't really let up even until past the chapter 50+. MC wants to take a break, but things keep happening to him. Blame the gods on that one.

20. yeison

yeison Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What contract did he sign? Without reading it? I expect is the golden one then