(Bad) dating history

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by mariean, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Zom the Monk

Zom the Monk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My only relationship didn't end too badly, but it did teach me something I should establish before getting into one. Make sure you're on the same page for what you want out of it. I date for the purpose of finding a partner in life, and while I won't rush into things that's my goal, while she was dating for the fun of it, and when she got tired of it went back to enjoying the single life. When she realized the difference in goals she broke up with me.

Femme Fatale and Meloman like this.
  2. pepeoo

pepeoo high lord of the seven seas

Reading List:
    Link
    And I live in the basement kek whats a social life

FuSpu likes this.
  3. Viken

Viken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While I didn't grow up in a strictly formal household, I did at least grow up with manners. But that was out in the countryside, in the middle of nowhere. By the time I moved into a big city, I was one of those kind, quiet, and polite kids that got bullied quite a bit. Thus dating for me was almost an impossibility until I was already in my mid-teens.

In one way, it was rather lucky for me, because the few relationships I did have were long-lasting and meaningful. They were intense, deeply emotional, and great while they lasted. The first actually ended on somewhat easy-going ways. The last two though lasted about a year apiece and ended very badly. Two failed engagements, both due to infidelity on my girlfriends parts.

One of which blew up when she ended up pregnant by her older, erstwhile lover. That one went so far as getting me charged for statutory rape, because she was a month younger than the legal age limit in the state. A court-mandated DNA test resolved that issue, but things had totally broken for me by then. Heartbreak, mental collapse, whatever you want to call it.

Since then I haven't been into dating at all. I'm not going to waste my time or money or effort on a woman I cannot trust complicity. Thus dating and 'romance' for me is something that happens after the relationship is established. It isn't some childish game or a quick romp in the bedsheets. Twisted, perhaps, but that's life.

Thanks for letting me rant.

4. pepeoo

pepeoo high lord of the seven seas

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk maybe it's just me but maybe ur calling someone out lul

Femme Fatale likes this.
  5. Deleted member 89812

Deleted member 89812 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Mgtow

6. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    The one that keep calling almost every hour of the day. Like when you chillin with fellow brows playing game have pizza and what not, your phone would just start ringing mid game. Takes a few minutes explaining you're with your bros, which would lead to the 'which one you want to spent time with'.
    Now i'm looking for someone who grew up with normal brothers and understand how we are with our bros. If she's cool enough, i'll let her into the group.

Femme Fatale likes this.
  7. kelkel1133

kelkel1133 Well-known Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm seventeen and my record's as clean as a newly processed paper

AncientFang likes this.
  8. schmidtcooper

schmidtcooper Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At the extreme risk of sounding arrogant, I wasn’t stupid and could actually date decent people. Seriously, it’s pretty easy just don’t date soley off how good they look. So many get tricked it’s disgusting.

9. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree on calling every hour being a problem... we each need space sometimes. As for letting her into the group... hm, sure it’s important to meet your bf’s/gf’s friends but wouldn’t it make her be “one of the boys?” And another part (May be you are still young/ or talking about when you were younger?) but wouldn’t you want some “alone” time with your gf? Also if you bring her around your friends all the time- she might fall for one of your friends instead... sorry, I seem to be pessimistic today...

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  10. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Male with a female avitar? No way you're getting a girlfriend!

mariean, kenar, Tsukkin and 1 other person like this.
  11. Miri-Bell

Miri-Bell Semi-crazy Magic Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Dated twice, broke up twice, not interested in trying again lol.

Femme Fatale likes this.
  12. MaidChan

MaidChan 『Battlemaid』 『TRAP』 『Homeless Maid』

Reading List:
    Link
    What is a girlfriend??

Tsukkin, FuSpu and Cosmic_ like this.
  13. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    I was a member of the Forever Alone Villiage. Still am.

Tsukkin, Femme Fatale and FuSpu like this.
  14. RedvsBlack

RedvsBlack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dated 3 girls throughout my teens and only one of them were short term(she was insane) and the other two I met doing martial arts and we had very aggressive relationships. I learned i do not like dating crazy women and that I'm okay with a girl who can beat up a man twice my size.

15. NeetzReader

NeetzReader Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My first and only relationship was after my final year highschool exam has finished. I've known her for 2 years at that time and we mostly hang out with each other after school with 3-4 other friends. She confessed to me after the graduation day and we just started dating. We kept our relationship platonic throughout our dating period(not even holding hands) due to religious reason. There's also always a third person during our date(most of the time is her lil or big bro). We also split the bill most of our date(fyi,she is the one insist to pay her own meal even after I insist to pay it myself multiple times). Fast forward, our relationship ended after 2 years mostly because both of us are busy with our studies but we still hang out occasionally as friends.

16. RedvsBlack

RedvsBlack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Go to a party find a girl letting random dudes do shots out of her belly button and say "I want to eat your pussy" it works depressingly well or if you're like me a new drunk girl shows up at your apartment every few weeks you make sure she gets home safely and she loves you forever despite your terrible terrible personality.

17. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that your history or your wives'? How the heck did that happen?

PS: You have my condolences...

Meloman and Femme Fatale like this.
  18. JadeWhiteSkin

JadeWhiteSkin please rescue~

Reading List:
    Link
    mixed experiences for me:
    1. she was a bitch, i was naive
    2. she was naive but cute, I was a bitch
    3. she was best but died
    4. nice but kinda boring guy, I was kinda asshole-like
    5. she next best girl + sometimes annoying but still cute girl + nice guy, I was kinda not very responsive except for "next best girl"
    5. single since then and hopefully forever will be :blobhero:

Meloman and Femme Fatale like this.
  19. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh women like that should have their legs tied together...or get shot by firing squad.... or both. :(

I look for a sense of humor compatible with mine, intelligence and manners. The physical is not so important, I have dated handsome guys but they are not always interesting to hang around with so....it goes no where. That's okay cuz that is what dating is all about.

Meloman and Cutter Masterson like this.
  20. Viken

Viken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, but the world is full of gold digging, unfaithful people. I'd rather hang out and be friends at the start then go on dates though. Or maybe you could call it courting instead. Lol.

But given my status as a NEET, and where I live, it is very difficult to find good women around here. There's just too much pride, money, and prejudice running around. Ugh. I hate living in a major University town. >.<''

Femme Fatale likes this.