Discussion Goblin slayer anime suck

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Vamps31, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is stupid if a scene is removed just because of some negative responses the fault falls on the studio not the people that complain. There will always be people that complain, it is just in their nature to bitch and moan whenever they see something that offends them; instead of doing what a normal person does, and just stop watching it. If the studio in charge of the Goblin Slayer anime can't even stand up to the pressure of a few dozen bitch babies, they shouldn't have bothered getting started in the first place. It is a fucking novel about monster rape, it doesn't take that much foresight to realize some people would get offended.

What they should do is keep telling the story the way it is meant be told, and throw all the complaint letters in the trash where they belong.

runsing likes this.
  2. Faetro

Faetro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about them cutting that arc or what, but I think that from a story telling perspective, having the Goblin King try to wipe out the town after the water city arc would fit better. The scale of the action in that arc is pretty intense to have to follow the more tame story of the dungeon crawl - regardless that the latter is more important. It effects far more people and better showcases the vileness of goblins, resulting in Slayer getting better recognized for what he is and does by the average person around him - hat misunderstanding is a defining element to his character and should be kept for longer.

The real question is how do they expect to show much of the goblin king in anime format. We would lose the simple telling of what he is and what he intends to do by fleeing the scene. If they handle it poorly, all we will get to see is the goblin king run for it, Slayer not be in the regular battle so he could cut him off knowing goblin nature would prompt him to, then their duel (which, honestly, would probably not have been much a fight to some adventurers like the big armor guy or spear dude). Not exactly inspiring if you don't get the king's backstory of betraying the naive, long bloody wanderings, training and his climb to power over others, followed by losing it and his desire to do it again, but better.

Kuro_0ni likes this.
  3. zhainan2157

zhainan2157 『Villager No.2157』『Kawaii Connoisseur』

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't blame them I guess. Just episode 1's rape scene caused so much controversy and debate. Imagine if they showed all the rape scenes and
    scenes where the goblins used naked women as meat shields
    in the goblin king arc would probably cause an outrage.

4. FieryFox

FieryFox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but would an outrage be bad at least that would mean its getting alot of attention lol

5. Vamps31

Vamps31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want the Goblin king arc :(

6. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    From Me to those SJW sissies.

(Btw just saw this on facebook) FB_IMG_1541278295241.jpg

7. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish the studio was called Studio Trigger :p

8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Well you could always produce a better anime yourself

9. LordOfPears12

LordOfPears12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This anime is trash concept generic mc motivation generic and generic group. Boom dabom add rape scene for controversy and let it be kill x(amount of goblin), bond with people kill x repeat over and over boom mainstream

10. AkunDami

AkunDami Neu membar

Reading List:
    Link
    Somebody said that they might swap that arc and sword maiden.

I mean in term of epicness, goblin king would be better as finale than sword maiden one.

11. alzamer2

alzamer2 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm.it seem the plan for this anime is only 12 episode so i dont think they can cover every thing in these 12
    they need to skip some

12. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Like I said, get into production and provide better content for us in the future.
    Talk is cheap

13. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Meanwhile Slime anime making them animation, pacing and overall quality talk. The goblins over there are enjoying themselves too.

14. LordOfPears12

LordOfPears12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They are a studio they are supposed to be decent at their JOB. If it's shit then we can say it's shit. Wait how TF do you supposed i produce better CONTENT if i'm currently studying fucking economy. I mean LN=shit art=shit story=nonexistent.IM SORRY IF THEY ARE FUCKING ANIMATORS SHITTY ONES

15. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha I am not a translator but run a translation website. It is easy to talk. You want something to change then take action.
    I repeat
    Talk is cheap
    Over and out!
    PS It might be shocking to you but maybe just maybe.. you are not the target audience
    Cheers!

16. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where does all the.. trash, edgy, generic, rape... rage come from ?

After reading the manga, I didn't really notice anything.. but then the Anime came along and people are raging about it all over the place.. when I went and rechecked the manga, there are scenes that show the gobs for the little monsters that they are.. but.. is there something wrong with that ? o_O

Is there something wrong with depicting evil and sadistic creatures as being evil and sadistic ? should the little monsters murderous and rapist tendencies be played for comedy or something ? would that be more acceptable ? or should all evil tendencies be "informed tendencies" with none of their evil acts ever actually shown ? is that the right way to go ?

Raneday, runsing and Kuro_0ni like this.
  17. flannan

flannan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have watched 2 episodes of Goblin Slayer, and I'm not sure if I want to see another one.
    You know, it's fine for goblins to be the evil incarnate that they are. Even if the anti-racism crowd dislikes that, that would not actually shock anybody.
    The problem is, this anime seems to have "goblins are evil incarnate" as the content. It does not glorify the MC as being courageous for standing against the evil. It does not glorify the MC for being clever and full of tricks. In fact, the MC doesn't even have a name. It is not filled with harem hijinks. It is not filled with adventure and main characters improvising when things go wrong. It is fundamentally boring.
    Overall, it seems to be an anime about goblins being evil.
    Just compare it to the first arc of The Strange Adventure of a Broke Mercenary, which has a similar start, and you'll see the difference.

On a more technical side, there are both ways to write the story to be more positive, and ways to shift visual focus from goblin rape to more entertaining stuff like slaughter.

18. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    It's only 12 episodes so they can't cover everything yanno

19. Dat_Karma

Dat_Karma Still Here

Reading List:
    Link
    No goblin king arc? God dammit?

20. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    Well adapted work will have variants. And depending on the script director and the team producing the anime, it would make more sense to build up the series into a grand battle, than to have the grand battle midway and end the 1st season on Goblins in the catacombs of a city.

Right now, and even before the anime's release the adaptation was considered controversial. Recent article about the Broadcasting Ethics & Program Improvement Organization on Goblin Slayer.

Also based on Crunchyroll's simulcasting of anime series. Goblin Slayer has been a top contender in this Fall's anime line up.
    United States
    [​IMG]

Canada
    [​IMG]

South America
    [​IMG]

European Countries
    [​IMG]

Australia
    [​IMG]

Middle East and northern Africa
    [​IMG]

[Source: https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-f...lar-fall-2018-anime-by-state-province-country]

Season 1 isn't over, and depending on the Anime's success or failure to world audiences. It is still too soon to conclude either.

And much to the people that hate on it publicly.
    [​IMG]

runsing likes this.