Discussion The hate on ATG

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Jojo775, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand why are a lot of people hating on this novel, for a harem xianxia/xuanhuan it's pretty good. It definitely rises above any average novel in the genre, unless you hate the genre why would you hate this novel? It's not as repetitive as MGA nor trashy as PMG.
    I'm not some newb teen that'll go 5 stars over any power trip harem, I've dropped dozens of such novels long ago yet I'm still reading ATG and MW.

2. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't it because the readers aren't omniscient? I know some don't like it because they don't know what's going on everywhere due to a lack of information

3. pukeofhurl

pukeofhurl The Philosopher

Reading List:
    Link
    want to hear why it gets so much hate? i can review it in 2 sentances! I WANT ALL THE BEAUTIFUL WOMEN!!! MY POWER ESCALATES TO THE YOUNG MASTERS WHO ALSO WANTS THEM!!!!!!!!

dont get me wrong ive read over 1000 chapters of this and will eventually catch up... but like thats litterally the entire story him powering up to bang the next hot chick

Kana_SST, keklel, Asf and 5 others like this.
  4. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... Cause maybe it sucks?

jk, I didn't read it. It has 4.0 rating which seems okay for a xianxia. Why not invite those who reviewed it with a poor rating and ask them?

5. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    I like ATG but never kept it up because for some reason I get tired of reading it after a hundred or so chapters. I have never been able to catch up to it and can't explain why I get bored of it even though it is a decent story

Eternal Harem King and Sabruness like this.
  6. jackateonetoo

jackateonetoo Wet Dog

Reading List:
    Link
    Because people are narrow-minded and love to hate on things

runsing and Jojo775 like this.
  7. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    For me, I dropped it cuz I felt the character of the MC was turning into a puddle. Shapeless and splashy. As for repetitive shit... I think the reason why I judge it harshly is because the beginning of ATG is insanely good and this for me, the drop in standard was more of a let down.

Elkon, Nino Sasou, SinnyVic and 5 others like this.
  8. Kagutsuchi

Kagutsuchi 『Omnipresent Reader』

Reading List:
    Link
    That's based on what people likes then. You don't like Overpowered MC? don't read ATG, don't like big harems? don't read ATG. Tbh ATG has one of the best harems i've read, though most of them fall in love with Yun Che basically at "first sight"
    Don't expect amazing harem from a novel with 1k+ chapters. More so when it is like a side plot compared to the huge amount of plot that ATG has.

Most of those hate review comes from random guys who hate harems or stuff like that (yes, they dislike it because it has harem)
    Wtf? you dislike ATG for its harem? what the fck are you expecting from a novel with "Harem" Genre? I don't go to every NTR novel to downvote them simply because I don't like NTR.
    Some others simply dislike it because they're reading "superior novels"
    Hey, my novel has a better plot than ATG, I'm going to downvote it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2018
  9. InfernoRampage

InfernoRampage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Incredibly repetitive, had a good start then just went downhill from there.

10. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a dumbass reason, good novels don't reveal everything. Though I don't see ATG keeping anything hidden from us.
    Yeah so? This is what you're signed up for when you started reading it and it's doing a damn good job at it. It's funny and the battles are epic.
    Repetition is a must for this genre,your point is invalid. MGA is way more reptetitive, at least in ATG you're distracted from it and don't mind it, unless you dislike the genre itself, in which case why are you reading it?
    Sry dude but that's gotta be one of the dumbest reasons to drop a novel I've heard. Why do you care if the MC didn't get another 1D girl to his harem? She's totally irrelevant to the story.

ShadowkingMS likes this.
  11. k1nk4

k1nk4 Sage Verdurous Sea Turtle

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped reading ATG cause it had become kinda like a loop =>

mc gets new girl >
    mc dies >
    mc trains hard and gets stronger >
    mc gets back at his enemies >
    mc gets new girl >
    mc dies >
    repeat, too long since I last read, but I remember it being like this, more or less.

its kinda annoying that he just abandon the girls after meeting her once, I doubt the author remembers all the girls in mc harem.

I stopped reading MW cause I felt trolled when author decided that the first girl that shows up, the one that is inside the cube, is going to only be "best friends forever".

12. pukeofhurl

pukeofhurl The Philosopher

Reading List:
    Link
    didnt say i dont like... did you not read... ive read over 1000 chapters no one reads 1000 chapters of anything without enjoying it atleast alil thats like weeks of time input i was saying why it gets so much hate...

13. GreenCaps

GreenCaps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let people hate on it if they hate it and just read it if you like ti sooo much, you don't have to defend it like a fanboy gone wild.
    For us who were disappointed by the direction of the story, from a very solid beginning to a fking repetitive money grab shet, we will never pick it back up again no matter how much you defend it.
    people have their own minds you know.

14. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I haven't seen one of these in quite awhile personally.
    I remember when there was a ATG hate thread every day or two. I may have even made one or two of my own.....

Blast from the past @Parth37955 ?
    As I recall you don't hold much love for ATG either right?

All in all the same stuff kept happening. There's more to it but that is the brunt of it. Got tired of exaggerated reactions to stuff we all saw before in previous chapters.

Arcturus and DiabolicGod like this.
  15. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    Chu Yuechan and their child still have an unknown fate, that's what a lot are angry about. I stopped reading it because I just got bored of it

16. januar

januar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i stop reading ATG at ch 600- coz event his aunt want to catch up
    helll i know its harem n even his aunt not related blooodline but ahhh really

17. Kagutsuchi

Kagutsuchi 『Omnipresent Reader』

Reading List:
    Link
    That wasn't targetted to you lol, general.

Do you really expect an amazing harem from a novel with 1k+ chapters? More so when it is like a side plot compared to the huge amount of plot that ATG has.

Xiao Lingxi (Little Aunt) has her development plot prepared for the Realm of Gods. She can't be with Yun Che before that so easily simply because she's weak an non-important since the start. (Forced plot on this part for now, unless the author does a good job to explain it later).
    Xia Qingyue has her plot prepared for the late stages of the novel because when she loses her virginity to Yun Che, he will get a huge power-up which I guess will save his life, idk.
    Chu Yuechan... I don't know. I guess it's because Mars doesn't want to include a daughter/son so early and restrain Yun Che's path in cultivation.

SectlessJosh likes this.
  18. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    i once hate ATG too
    but now i dont, since i dont really care about it nor wanting to continue reading it..

19. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like it sooo much, just like it normally. I'll defend it if I want to, especially since everytime there is a thread ranting about some novels, I see ATG being mentioned like it's the worst novel ever.
    I probably made the same thread a year or 2 ago.

Viola likes this.
  20. OreoPlatinum

OreoPlatinum Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the events that happen in the story are for the most part interesting. I think its the MC personality that causes people to dislike the entire novel

runsing likes this.