LCD Jiang Ye

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by LoneWanderer23, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Titan LLS

Titan LLS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone who confines romance to such a small scale does them-self a disservice the most important part of any story is quality. if you want every romance story you read to be "loveydovey" then you are simply looking for feel good stories with little to no strife. this novel no none of Mao Ni's novels have characters who spend the entire novel professing love to one another rather in many of the novels the romance is awkward or messy it may change but one thing that does not is the authenticity.
    In the first place this novel is primarily drama/action/cultivation. romance is not a priority.

L611 likes this.
  2. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know what i want is kinda biased but it's just that for a while my mood is different and i only want to see good loveydovey romance. Maybe i'm in withdrawal of Martial Arts Master (MAM) and it doesn't help that White-Robed Chief (CN) sure fuck you in the ass screaming : YOU WON'T SEE ROMANCE AT ALL! AND MAYBE DURING ALL THE NOVEL !

3. L611

L611 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    btw is TTNH good? i read the manga and it felt bad. not even avg.

4. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if the manga is a good reference. Never read it. I'd imagine it isn't.

TTNH ... I thought it was great for a long time, and the translator for the first hundreds of chapters was excellent. But right now I think otherwise. His novels are unnecessarily long on account of both chapter amount and chapter length, the chapters feel bloated with diaologue, and it really got on my nerves after starting to read three different novels of his because every single one of his novels is more or less written like that. Stop talking, fight! Do something!

Character development stays at the surface. But that's not really a problem in this case. FLTX's novels are not big on complex characters, they're like xianxia but with better, (sometimes) more sensible characters, a plot and ... most importantly comedy and funny situations. This is what they were written for, comedy, funny interactions, funny situations, misunderstandings, ... Not for complex character development or meaningful interactions.

His novels suffer from translation, because FLTX plays with language and has references to Chinese culture in his novels, both of which we miss. Understanding those references would spice up the wordy dialogues.

FLTX's novels do have their merits, and I still like them somewhat. Now and then there's a great piece of dialogue, a funny situation (he likes his comedy), and his protagonists and their initial situations, although always similar, do have their appeal: a mix of scheming and straight up powertripping. You could argue the other characters are a little too stupid, but in both TTNH and RiTF there were decent enough antagonists early on.

Overall, mixed bag. If in Chinese, I'd read them gladly. I'll hazard a guess that FLTX's novels in Chinese are pretty good. Well, some of them at least. After translation they're still on a higher level than other xianxia, but you need to be able to stomach the dialogue and appreciate the humor.

What exactly did you think was bad about the TTNH manga?

5. WinByDying

Reading List:
    Link
    Loveydovey novels can have strife. And I wouldn't call it doing yourself a disservice. People read what they want.

Have you read any Butterfly's Shadow Beneath The Moon novels? Or Our Glamorous Time by Ding Mo? Mo Bao Fei Bao? Chongfei Manual (FuyuNeko's translations and comments are great)? They should have more loveydovey interactions.

6. Titan LLS

Titan LLS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a disservice for someone to write something off as not suiting them without trying to see if it's true or not

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  7. WinByDying

Reading List:
    Link
    I did not say that second sentence. Please edit your post to remove it from the quote. Used the search function to search the forum or thread but it only found your comment.

I don't agree, time is precious.

8. fjekwam

fjekwam Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It finally went premium on Qidian. Pay to unlock.

9. WinByDying

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah, plot twist! Interesting, makes sense in hindsight. Very interesting.

I wonder what the previous Priest of Light would've thought if he knew.

10. Lurker of the dark

Lurker of the dark [Just a bored lurker]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah,didn’t expect that

11. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    now then what will the holy somthing hall gonna do
    nq is ready to fight against the world, are they ready to fight against him?

12. Avenger

Avenger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel has a lot of good reviews. I will take a look. Does it suffer from arrogant young master syndrome with lots of throw away characters for the MC to confront? I'm just making sure before I start it.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  13. Avenger

Reading List:
    Link
    Anybody know the answer to this? I’m trying to figure out the type of novel to expect.

14. patcan3609

patcan3609 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, there isn't any arrogant young master syndrome. There will be one or two arrogant characters that seem minor to the story, but they develop as individuals as well. So to speak, characters in this novel have growth in their personality.

15. Zackarov

Zackarov ~ Cheese Bear ~

Reading List:
    Link
    but there's a cockroach syndrome in the story.

16. Avenger

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! I'll check it out then.

17. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? no one discuss this novel anymore? PepeHands

18. InvincibleDespair

InvincibleDespair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    pshhhh, anybody got links for the complete epub of this novel?? other than asianovel pls

19. ISumimasenI

ISumimasenI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously heartbreaking seeing these kinds of novels getting literally almost no recignition

Zfglx likes this.
  20. osman993

osman993 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This would have been the best chinese novel if it wasn't for the translation at the end. It was worse than mtl