Would you want to be part of this royal family?

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by AIm21, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually many including me do bother reading both rules and ps huh...

The fact that the throne requires magic and shit makes no difference, spite is a thing and there are way more complex reasons too.

Beltran and AMissingLinguist like this.
  2. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That throne makes all the difference as it gives a King near Godlike power and nigh omniscient within his territory and if the King try to act using the throne to be like a manic the throne will activate its defense mechanism and act upon the King to turn him into a puppet for the Kingdom until he can be replace.

So there never will be a King that can go against the Kingdom as long as they sit on that throne and use its near almighty power.

I model that throne on the Absolute Throne of the Omniscient Reader Point of View.

So as I said, those rules weren't made with our world in mind.

3. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    How busy would the king and queen have to be for something like this to happen?? The children would also have to reach maturaity around a similar time span. If one were born too far apart, I could see the older sibling, or said siblin’s supports assassinating said younger sibling. If anything, maybe if there were twins or triples, I could see this happening

4. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who said anything about the King only having one Queen and not a harem?

5. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    Those would be more like concubines than queens. Who ever would be the king’s queen would gain a lot of political power so I doubt something like that could just be shared.

6. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No power is shared between the two as the only one sitting on the Throne of Damocles holds absolute power.

7. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    That would work, but then it the setting a male dominated society?? If so, there would have to be a gathering of 6 or more sons, instead of children. Unless of course they don’t care who the ruler is and therefore let ruling queens have a harem of attendant kings. In that case, situations calling for a royal battle like this would most likely only occur when a king is in charge. I get the feeling a battle would occure between letting a girl be the next rule instead of a man.
    Whoever wins can influence which new family becomes part of the ruling family. Those of the current family would support a girl becoming queen instead of a king because the king would take many wives and therefore create a large opportunity for new familys to be related to become the next ruler.

8. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    However a queen never took power since the inception of the Kingdom as there was no precedent until now as all these rules of succession posted in the OP wasn't the original rules of succession, but was put in place after the Throne of Damocles was created that allow the the Monarch's power to be absolutely secured. So the princess becoming queen has no precedent and so these rules had to be created originally for what you said is the problem.

9. Gandire Alea

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, what I just said lead to those rules being created and that is the problem?? What?? If those rules are problematic, then the first ruler to take charge because of them would have come up with something better. If not that ruler, then someone with a decent amount of sense would sooner or later.

10. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You stated that a King keep having more heirs and this would lead to all kind of problems during the next transition of power and so it would be better for queen to be the next monarch, but it was because there was no queen having existed in the Kingdom before these rules and no queen existed after that these rules were implemented. Leaving the possibly of a Queen being unprecedented in the Kingdoms history. So the Kings of next generation kept using these rules without changing them as they won by these rules and did not want to change it as the rule prove they are the strongest for winning.

11. joey183

joey183 The Mysterious Entity

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I wouldn't want to be born in that royalty.

First, because of Rule 3. You normally can't pick your parents in a rebirth so there's a possibility of being reborn as an illegitimate child. Because of this risk, I won't want to be born into royalty. Not to mention, the Rule 1 stated can contradict with Rule 3. You can never expect to find the 'strongest' in only the legitimate line. Often, it's the illegitimate line that produces the 'strongest' offspring due to some reason who will then ended up becoming the new legend of the era or something.

Second, it promotes too much siblings rivalry which may also moved on to the mother's fight as well. Because of Rule 7, you can't even forfeit without huge consequences so even those siblings from the same mother will also be forced to fight each other. So, to survive, the kids will try to sabotaged each other from young that there will be no trust between families. You can't even TRUST your own blood mother because she may be supporting your older/younger siblings. That would have been an extremely bad environment to be born in.

Third, with monsters in the mix, you can kind of predict that humanity is sharing a common enemy. But because of the infighting in royalty, citizens and nobles become divided just like hard-cored fans between 2 top idols. So, without unity, humanity will sure lose to the monsters. When that happens, the citizens will start to blame the royalty and because you are one of them, you ended up implicated in the citizen's accusation.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    Beltran and Ddraig like this.
  12. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... with all the reason you listed it sound like I made the perfect system that will bring conflict and death as political intrigue in my story.

Also the rest of humanity don't matter, they never did, and never will in my world.

13. joey183

joey183 The Mysterious Entity

Reading List:
    Link
    That's right! If you get transmigrated into your own novel especially as an illegitimate royal, you'll probably curse yourself for coming up with such a system. Basically, that system will not be sustainable in the long run.

14. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No the system will last pretty well actually and why would I curse the system even if I was born illegitimate royal? Rule 7 states four possible options one of them being marrying a commoner. Which isn't bad at all as I can marry any prostitute then divorce her later.

Seriously people can't see the simple answers in front of there eyes why do you have them.

15. Beltran

Beltran Seafarer

Reading List:
    Link
    That's going a bit too much, mate. You asked if someone wanted to be a part of such royal family and yet when other's listed why they don't want to, you're not open to most opinions at all...

Of course there is a discrepancy between our view and your view of the said webnovel, that's something to be expected because the writer and the readers sees the same work differently. But you should just consider that our opinions is based on the details you gave (which are verbose imo btw) and the way we imagine a society in a world where monsters are actually the superior species.

Anyway, good luck with your novel, buddy. :blobsalute:

16. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wasn't calling the people who listed the reason why they have eyes, but people who miss the obvious escape root for the royal from participation within rule 7. In fact I expected that most people here would not want to be born into this royal family and I never disagreed with them about that, but what I continue to disagree was their insistence on thinking my Kingdom would collapse only based on these rules as the only information I gave in the OP for them to go on and did not take into consideration to think, 'Yeah the author is crazy and can do whatever he wants to make this work.'

I even stated at the very beginning thinking everyone would take what I posted with a grain of salt that this would be the most convoluted and complicate Royal Succession Arc in existence, but it seem some miss the joke...

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    Beltran likes this.