Discussion Should I go to university?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Demonic Poring, Nov 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Demonic Poring

Demonic Poring 『Well-Known Poring』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello all. Good day. I need your opinions.

Maybe some of you knows that I quit the navy. And now, my father want to entrusted the company to me. It's not like I hate it, it's just I don't really understand about economy and marketing.

So, should I go to university? It's not that I don't want to, but I am a bit reluctant. Cause I'm more than 7 years old, and close to 8 years old (YOUNG FOREVER, HOORAY). And is it possible?

Mnotia likes this.
  2. Ner0

Ner0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just google your question. Google know what is best for you.

3. kimthal

kimthal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you lose anything for trying? I would go even if it's only for having fun

4. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. Based on what you've said so far, yes.

5. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    You're letting nuffians to decide your life???

The only reason to go to university is that you can get proof of your education level to have some decent job. But since your dad wants to inherit his company to you, then learning about stuffs on the internet is much better. Save money and time. You aren't going to learn a lot in university. It's always the experience that matters. University is just something to decide your starting point but since you don't need that, no need to go to university then.

6. Rickymex

Rickymex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sign up for a smaller college part time in an economics or business degree and work with your father to learn the in and outs you re going to need. If you don't understand economics or marketing all you gotta do is learn.

7. Adastria Lillith

Adastria Lillith [Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus]

Reading List:
    Link
  8. corrr

corrr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course, University is the last stop before the real world

9. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on your company and what you would actually do there.

10. Hotato

Hotato Eternally Confused

Reading List:
    Link
    Part-time community college, less commitment and learn from your father the ins and outs of the business

11. KnightN00

KnightN00 A single dog cultivator of LNMTL sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Why not, there’s a lot of opportunity within the university, include but not limited to freshmen party with girls, classmate hangouts, etc. For education? Left it in the school.

12. Aethalis

Aethalis 【High Templar】【Professional Lurker】【Atheist】

Reading List:
    Link
    10k per year.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  13. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    university would take up much of your time, almost 80% of it
    Not worth it if you have already know what you would do in the future, in your example, you inheriting business.
    Take online lesson or courses would be much more acceptable in this case.
    But the environment in university is good and better for your development, whether it is for soft skill and whatnot.

AliceShiki and Demonic Poring like this.
  14. Candisse

Candisse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if that is what ylur hearts desire then go to University..
    As long as your passionate and you really want the things you are doing coz it kind of useless if not.. Coz you will only take it for granted and ho with the flow...
    But going to University is good to if you want a diploma and a title for yourself .. It helps a lot on the long run..
    If ever you go to University .. Try to accumulate some practical experience to your field ... It will definitely helps you learn more...
    Just if you can , some time management.. Coz in the end it is for you..

Wishing you a great future ahead of you.. And don't give up.. Be positive and always look forward..

Good Morning ^•^

15. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on the Company.

If it is a Company involved in Marketing and Economics then a Degree would do you wonders. If its a small Company, more of a trades things then just do on the job Training.

Really at the end of the day it all depends on if you actually want to take over the company. If you do then getting the requisite experience should be no problem. If you don't and force yourself you are either going to fail or hate your time trying.

16. HarukiMizuki

HarukiMizuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shouldn't you discuss this with your father? He got rich experiences and wiser than you .He's the best guidance and advisor you can consult. He knows best the in and out of the company. Please don't make silly mistakes asking us nuffians.

O_Ohwscuva, MonkeDanana and lychee like this.
  17. Narr-master

Narr-master Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes to this. You need to learn more than just economy, but how to actually manage your father's company.
    But everytihng doesn't matter unless you actually want to take over.
    Think it through, since it'll be your life and not your father's.
    In the end you don't have any responsibily to take over. In my opinion parent-child responsibily goes downward not upwards.

18. Tsukkin

Tsukkin [is currently lurking]

Reading List:
    Link
    If u feel like u need to go to uni, just go...
    I mean, it wouldnt hurt to learn more knowledge. And age doesnt matter. I assume that u only worry about age, isnt that right?
    U see... who says only teens and 20s young adults can go to uni, even if 40yo man wants to go to uni, its completely fine. But....if u still reluctant, maybe u can start by learning from your dad, and take short course or something, and learning materials on the internet would help too...

19. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    My aunt who is 30 year old go to university to get her master, and I meet a people who is 25-30 years old in my college. You shouldn't be shy to go to uni.

20. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    What college, economy? All I know is that you shoudln't go to computer science/programming/IT college, especially if you have to pay for it. Better take a programming course say in java android and after 6months-1year you can be a developer. You could learn it by yourself for free just by going trough tutorials on the net, if you have the knack for technical/mathematical/logical stuff and the will to make yourself spend some time on it almost everyday.
    Not sure if you have the knack? Here's some basic stuff that knack people know : install OS, use safe mode get rid of virus, end tasks, install games with cracks, incognito mode... nothing big but it shows that you know how to use a PC and don't need someone explaining to you to click on the x. If you have to learn this and you do it, doesn't mean you get the knack, give up on this difficult journey.