overgeared rage....

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by GreenCaps, Nov 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    That feels.... It was so frustrating. I kept putting it on my dropped novel list only to keep coming back because I trust Rainbow Turtle's taste :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

2. IllidanStormrage

IllidanStormrage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    reading this thread

3. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Like people said, just keep on reading. Either this novel isn't for your, or you will eventually accept Grid mature into...an acceptable Human from a retard, and start to like the novel. But really, if you ever read LMS, Ark, then that scene isn't new. Heck, Weed and Ark were much worse than Grid with their actions.

Bad Storm likes this.
  4. Phreasilva

Phreasilva Gluttonous Prick that doesn't get Fat

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid was jealous for a reason and he was being childish at that time. Well who isn't going to be frustrated? Sure his class is Legendary, but he had to do things as hard because of the tittle. He was exiled by the noble quest giver lost some levels and equipments. Then how much time did he have to invest in that S class quest? Then there was Hurio who just stands has to stand with him and got a class.

5. Silva

Silva Your local Image supplier

Reading List:
    Link
    If your character slow as shit, and cant make legendary items often i will be frustrated like Grid. So it absolutly normal reaction. Also Grid obsessed with money. This 2 class theoreticaly can give him steady profit without hard work. So im totally agree with Grid that Satisfy is shit bug game.

Moreover. He play it from beta. And here in game we have:
    1 -lvl sistem - That is total cheat aproved by gamedev.;
    2. Stupid npc reaction based on fame. We have legendary class that cannot be recognised
    3. Bugs on Grid quests which again aproved by gamedevs.
    4. Bugs on luck when crafting items. He create more than 2000 items and only 20 are legendary with a chance 20% if i remember correctly if create legendary item. It is a bug or game mistake.
    5. use of exploits in satisfy is already an everyday thing. Like "blackening" or item with extra stats.
    6. Npc reaction is based on real humans reaction but items broke this consept.
    So yea sasisfy is a total shit. So here Grid could do everything like he like.

6. GreenCaps

GreenCaps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He got a class that can make him a millionaire with little effort.....
    what does he have to complain about?
    that class made him acceptable in his family's eyes
    without that class he is nothing and after getting that class he's been covetting things lower in value than what he has

That was why I'm kinda bummed lol

7. javaniy

javaniy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me personally, grid is pretty relatable. I mean he's pretty much in the bottom of society. Bullied since young, poor academic results, moving on to game and ended up not successful, doesn't have permanent job. Being extremely petty after all that is not really impossible. Even if he receive a sudden boost of luck, it still need time to gradually mature from that. It will be weirder if he suddenly become a new man just because of 1 lucky encounter

8. cheval

cheval Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you really need to read it overnight. it's not that easy for his transformation. he's a shitty human being because he felt that life was very unfair to him and that's true. even later on
    the game dev acknowledge grid's godly bad luck and they didn't even bother to check whether it's intentional bug or not
    and about millionaire...he's a moron that doesn't know the value of equipment. soon you'll read chapters where
    he gets a contract to create weapons for npc and he sold it from some amount of gold that he thought was very expensive then later on his guild told him that the prize for items he created are too cheap

I know right? I forgot what title turtle's worked on before OG but I never doubted her taste (Turtle is a girl right?)

9. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup it is super meh

10. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm fine with a main character that's an idiot and an asshole. The one sin I can't forgive from overgeared is being boring. Was anyone actually interested in reading about him mining or crafting arrows? Or about how inconvenient his real life is? Or about how weak he is, even though he has a super mega grade class, the repetition of how unlucky he is when in fact is extremely lucky? And the only reason he isn't already a god in the game is because the author wants to pad it out. The amount of contrived reasons why the MC can't do the simplest things is ungodly. Why do people like overgeared?

11. Eolan

Eolan Totally serious poster

Reading List:
    Link
    At this point of the novel, Grid´s personality is shit. The good part is that he actually has character growth and slowly matures into a dignified player.

12. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm... is it that easy to change human nature? The "Character development" is SUPER long.

At the start, Grid is your typical hardcore gamer. Didn't want to go to college or even get a job. In short, a shut in and not very social. His parents and little sister wanted the best for him.

How many hardcore "shut in" gamers have great personalities? Shin Youngwoo [IGN Grid] wanted to prove to his parents and sister wrong about him playing games. And that he could make big money from it.

It's easy to watch his distorted values, and how little he "trusts" others, because at the start not many people had faith in him.

Grid, using people for his own agenda was a means to an end, heck he didn't even care about NPCs. It was only himself and what benefitted him.

It was only when he took a chance on others and due to certain events, where he changed his perspective and no longer became selfish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.