How stable would a Kingdom be if a King like this dies?

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by AIm21, Nov 7, 2018.

1. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok then i destroy the nexus, attack when the king is naked, or just attack indirectly via poison or social attacks.

Or create a barage of persistent pester attacks so the king can never sleep again

2. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, but I have not added anything on the first post yet to my world history and am only asking people opinion to help be fine tune the Kingdom to bring them into the 21st century.

3. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There you go! Finally a successful plan.

4. Baabaablack

Baabaablack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You didn’t mention it. It is a powerful tool even without the barrier in the first place. I was working more under the idea of Oden’s throne from Norse mythology. Also the powerbroker influence of the monsters wasn’t adressessed as the topic was about running a kingdom.

5. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was too obvious so I didn't mention it... As I sad the throne gave near Godlike powers and nigh Omniscient. So I thought people just include it in its many Powers that I didn't mention.

6. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    I still have to say that it all still sounds so very fragile. The very concept of a throne that grant's unlimited power is ridiculous, it would have been better if the king somehow had the power to distribute power or magic. That would have made it easier to explain why the nobility was so loyal and would also explain his ability to hold the line against foreign aggressors.

And to add more mystery to him and the world he lives could be done in leaving the question open of how all kings somehow have the power to distribute magic or whatev, but no prince, queen or princess have that ability.

Ai chan likes this.
  7. Baabaablack

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah you got to list the powers or tell people what it is modeled after. I also get the feeling the monsters play a bigger role then the fact they part of the fantasy scenery. If that is the case the dynamic of the story and politics noticeably change.

8. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All mages and royal family on the Western Continent have different magical abilities and also different method to governing after the devastating blow made to the Continent by MC in her past life.

I just didn't mention them as my starting point story is on this Dark Continent for my MC new life so I just focus on this one Kingdom. Plus the Throne isn't an unlimited power well as there is reason why magic is require to use the throne as the cost of using the Throne isn't mana. But the very soul of the mage using it.

9. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is Model after the original anime K, Absolute Throne in Omniscient Reader Point of View, and the myth of Damocles. But they are just inspirations.

The power the Throne gives are to Smite anyone with Lightning in the Kingdom, Nigh Omniscient, Barrier creation, Sentient Adviser, Puppeteer, Mapping, Flight, and growth with each Kings soul it completely consumes after they die.

Yes you are correct, if you want to know a hint of the monsters role look up Knight Run if you haven't read it.

10. Baabaablack

Reading List:
    Link
    The monsters are a sentient hyper evolving army bent on wiping out the human species?

11. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is more like humanity and every other species in their universe are just in the way. As they also hunt down monsters due to there fear of them as well. So they are lock to be in this position due to my definition of Monsters I post it on here.

12. Baabaablack

Reading List:
    Link
    Are the monsters a faction with a society and a well defined territory or are they just everywhere?

13. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They are in most of the human territory like the Western Continent named Glaus and Eastern Continent named Xian. But those out in the open are either weak monster or are left over monsters from a species that is no longer in this world.

The monsters of high intelligence only live in the shadow as they aren't strong enough to face the great powers on those continents. So they do form factions with feeding territories, but they either live hidden territory in pockets of not well explored land, hiding in human society incognitoly, or is completely underground hiding on these two continents.

However, the Dark Continent and those beyond are the only exceptions where monster rule. As those continent had something akin to a Lovecraftian cosmic horror die on those land spawning monster from its giant decaying corpse.

14. Baabaablack

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok works. When you write this novel you got to establish the power level of the monsters to make the throne look like a nesssary tool otherwise it turns into a prop to make your character look ”cool”. (It won’t be)
    An other thing to note, if you haven’t already, is that you established a soul magic that can use a human soul as an energy source, one that give off more energy than mana. A lot more. Soul burning may be popular way to make a magical nuke making many people more useful fuel than as a member of society.

15. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read my chapter 2 bottom Author note in the community fiction. I already made the value of soul a very key element of the story.

16. Causal Reader

Causal Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Think about genghis khan and what happened after he died, there is your answer. ;)
    A total collapse, if you don't know the history or to lazy to find out.

17. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean his grandson conquer all of China and usher in the Yuan Dynasty plus extend the Mongo Empire to its greatest size? You should had choose a more obscure empire that fits like of the Qin Empire or the First Emperor of China after being victorious in the Warr ring states period from the fall of the Zhou and Xia?

18. Causal Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    No just a lot of infighting, backstabbing, and breaking apart. In the end the whole thing collapsed.

19. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No they had chosen a Khan right after Genghis died and so kept stability despite the massive size of there empire then just continue with each son ruling a large portion of Asia. Kings and General did a whole video about this here.

20. Causal Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm your version seem to be different from the discovery channel documentary of genghis khan.