Discussion Games you were meh on

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Silver Snake, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Redblue

Redblue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FIFA 2018.

Silver Snake likes this.
  2. Seventhmist

Seventhmist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Darkest Dungeon should i say. everything about the game hits perfect to me but i can't grow to like it, maybe because the game is slowpaced as a whole and need a lot of grind to reach the end. the game itself is unforgiving but i like it giving me a sense that one mistake can screw me up so make no room for mistake.

though i've finished the game couple of times but still can't grow to like it..
    sigh.. what a contradiction

Silver Snake likes this.
  3. Redblue

Redblue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dark soul......

Silver Snake likes this.
  4. venu101

venu101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tf2 -spam is very annoying in that game get blown to bits Everytime I can or about to cap a point but the emotes were pleasing though ridiculously costly.
    Csgo - toxicity and hacking
    Pubg mobile- uninstalled the moment it came to realization that most in the server seemed to use emulator.
    Uberstrike - it was great but it got infested with hackers despite devs moving it to steam.

5. Devil of Boredom

Devil of Boredom Exists.

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Swordigo it might be fun....
    GTA was supposed to be real good but somehow dislike most

6. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    Total War Series for me, maybe because i'm influenced by Kingdom Building novels, i prefer Europa Universalis IV and Crusader Kings II more ...

7. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    It's like battlerite? Tried that games out for a couple of days, but I always feel empty after playing PvP focused games. It feels like I didn't take away anything from it. Or that the stories that do come from them are the ones you make up yourself; and I'm terrible at that.

8. sealteam14

sealteam14 Your friendly HI3 SEA monkey farmer

Reading List:
    Link
    A quality Mobile Action RPG?
    Great graphic, good OST, BGM, battle motion & emmphsize your actual control skill rather than tap randomly around.
    With some luck or actuall grinding, you can get some of the end-game equipments that look badass.
    A list pack of cute, yuri girls that fight for all the beautiful that is left of the world.
    Make your way to prevent the ultimate destruction that once brought down two prior advance civilization: the Honkai.
    . Yep, it is Honkai Impact 3. The salt is equal to the reward it brings.
    :v
    The very pioneer of it own sub genre.
    Join the fight to stop an alien invasion all over the world.
    2 focus point of gameplay mechanic: Tactiacl planning & unit+ ability management.
    Good replay value.
    Pick up unit. Fight. Adapt.
    Welcome to the Anomaly Series. Introducing Anomaly: Warzone Earth, Anomaly Korea & Anomaly 2. All availiable on PC, Mac, iOS & Android.
    You're welcome.
    :3

Silver Snake likes this.
  9. insania

insania Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Blood Card. Even though the idea behind the game is somewhat unique since I had never seen an actual game that utilizes the concept of card = life but ironically, this very concept makes playing the game very tedious and frustrating. While it would have been fine if I could customize the cards in my deck before I start the game but because this is a roguelike card game, I cannot do so. The nature of the game means that I would have to earn cards in the game as I progress and my progress would be reset each time I lose the game which happens often. When this is combined with the concept of card = life, it means that I would lose very often since my deck gets completely depleted by the attacks of enemies. More often than not, my deck is not strong enough to defeat them before that happens because I lose cards in my deck before I can even use them from enemy attacks. The additional game feature regarding the Death approaching in the game makes this matter even worse since it means that I have an even shorter time limit to defeat the enemies because the Death deals severe damage to my character when it approaches. That caused me to deck out and lose the game several times as a result since the Death approaches relatively quickly in the game.

I actually wanted to like this game because it is similar to Slay The Spire which is another roguelike card game I like but unfortunately Blood Card's concept of card = life combined with its roguelike nature just makes the game too tedious and frustrating to play. While the game is still in early access so it might improve in the future once it gets fully developed but for now, the game is just not worth playing and if anyone wants to play it, I recommend that they wait until the game is fully developed before playing it. If anyone wants to play a roguelike card game currently, I recommend that they play Slay The Spire instead since it is by far the better of the two games right now. After all, playing Blood Card only made me gain a greater appreciation of Slay The Spire and its custom mode which allows me to add modifiers to the game such as the ability to draft a deck alongside other things.

10. MrSplashy

MrSplashy Grey Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    The only game that I meh on is Fallout 4, it's great but the dumb-down dialogue system, removing the karma system, and how it limits and locks your ways to play the game(roleplay perspective).

Definitely waiting for Ragnark: M Eternal Love to be released here in SEA(which is tomorrow at 11:00 AM or 12?).

11. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait I thought Ghibli was uninvolved in the second one aside for a few individual staff members such as the composer and character designer(both of which are only associated with or ex-ghibli rather than employees).

12. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You may be correct? I honestly don't know the specifics, only that a couple of media outlets reported ghibli staff working on it despite the company's larger absence. Either way, it definitely showed in the final game, and it's all the poorer for it.

13. udonsage

udonsage [Underpaid Software Developer] [Lazy Novelist]

Reading List:
    Link
    It felt like this year was the year of "Meh" and "okay" in terms of games for me.

Far cry 5 was really disappointing to me. The game-play was what I expected: nothing special. The story felt like the writers did a half ass job; like they were just enticed by the idea of a christian nutter but didn't want to push the envelop. The online play was abyssal, not that I was expecting anything better but I was expecting a pretty good Co-op experience similar to what Borderlands 2 brought to the table. A waste of money that I will never get back...

Ni No Kuni 2 was greatly disappointing. It took what Ni No Kuni 1 did for story and threw everything on the ground in a bad way. It could be that they were just trying to do too many things at once-but the real reason it was dull was the characters. The opening to Ni no kuni 2 had a strong emphasis on character driven story then fell apart after leaving the capital city. Then there was nothing left to expand, just forced plot development. I was also confused when there was a narrator that spoke during the cut-scenes because it felt out of place.

The battle system for Ni-no-kuni 2 was too easy. The other mechanics such as putting the city together of your new kingdom felt like a tack-on instead of a core element of the game, same with the war battles that occur. In conclusion, I don't know why everybody praised the darn game when all it can offer is a pretty atmosphere. I'm more hungry for either challenging game-play or a good story that feels unique and lasting, not this trash level.

Assassins Creed Origins was just as disappointing as Ni No Kuni 2. It did improve on the game-play but the story elements fell to the way side. The world felt more empty than I expected. It made me think the developers could have focused more on smaller places with interesting tales rather than just having a big world. It did look pretty but come on man. The game should more than a pretty box with trees.

14. Windsley

Windsley Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have one mobile game for you
    Day R Survival (android/ios)

Play online mode and see if you can come to Moscow without dying and begging for help

15. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Kingdom hearts mobile ver.
    Thought y not? Let’s get in this fandom and see what’s so good about it. Nice music, causal rpg gameplay, thought “oh it’s a Disney collab” but no that’s how the entire game is. Not much else to it except collecting the gacha thing and some questing

16. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I got fooled into purchasing .hack//G.U. Last Recode. The plot was childish and the gameplay was garbage. Fortunately, I managed to refund the game and bought Nioh instead.

Silver Snake likes this.
  17. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Final Fantasy Tactics.

Why does everyone on Youtube love this game? It's terrible. The mechanics are confusing, pointless and rely a lot on RNG. If you don't know how that dumb system that is related to character gender and guardian star or something (forgot the name of it) works (and you probably won't know how it works, since the game tells you nothing about it), you can start dealing 1/4th damage on enemies or 4x damage for no reason and you're just like... What?
    And of course, if your main damage dealer just happens to deal 1/4th damage against a boss because their star is chosen randomly... Well, good luck.

Even if you get past this dumb system, the faith/bravery system is an annoying hassle that is honestly unnecessary... It can add an interesting twist if your mages deal more damage when they take more damage, but the fact you can just lose your character if their faith is maxed is so... Ugh.

And well... Even if you ignore those things, you just have a game with a meh storyline, and a gameplay that is basically like disgaea, but worse in every shape or form... Sure, disgaea is newer and probably based on FFT, but why would I play an older game that clearly loses in all possible aspects if I can play a new one that improved them all and added a bunch of stuff that just made the game better and better?

I mean, you can't even take back movements in case you misclicked in FFT, how dumb is that? Or you can shoot an arrow and the arrow might hit a house because you aimed too high... Why wouldn't the game tell you that this would happen? You shouldn't need to try it out to find out.

Seriously, I never heard anything except praises about FFT, but it was the worst tactics game I played by a large margin, and I played a lot of those.

FFT Advance is better though, fixed a lot of the issues of the game~

Silver Snake and doomeye1337 like this.
  18. doomeye1337

doomeye1337 /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Incubator, the messenger of magic~

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe half a decade ago or a bit longer, I decided to get GTA IV on steam when it was on sale. I had fond memories of San Andreas whether it was cool bike tricks or beating up hookers with a dildo to get their money. I gave it a good shot : a good six hours. I just couldn't though and stopped. Maybe the GTA formula wasn't as fun for me as I thought it'd be given my fond memories. I suppose I should have expected it when I'd previously bought Saints Row 3 on sale and wasn't very entertained, but I stupidly let nostalgia carry me away.

Perhaps it's because my tastes have changed. After all, even though I loved super smash brothers on the n64, when I'd gotten the one on the 3ds and theoretically enjoyed the many changes they've made and added, I just didn't play it more than a few hours. Or perhaps these games were fun for me back then because that's all that was really good on the market then, but there's so many gems in the mountain of crap is that is games today that maybe I'm now just too spoiled.

Then again, my love of old school JRPGs resurfaced recently after having died after FFVII changed the FF formula. And even now, I sometimes feel the urge to boot up Starcraft II for some skirmishes, a joy I've retained from playing the original Starcraft so many years ago, even though I've decided to abandon playing/buying all Blizzard games a few years ago because I felt they'd gone too far in the direction of the souless AAA maximise profits at all costs philosophy.

I guess it just all comes down to how well you truly know your own tastes along with how well you've kept up with how your tastes have evolved over time.

Silver Snake likes this.
  19. moto

moto Spam Bot

Reading List:
    Link
    Gta 5, destiny, star ocean the last hope. List goes on.

Couldnt enjoy gta cause it made me sick literally.
    Destiny was shit.
    Star ocean 4 was wtf with the story and chars sucked alot.

20. Chadwick_Thunderwiskers

Chadwick_Thunderwiskers Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pubg and Fortnite are the perfect examples of meh games.

Literally same to the dot.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2019