Mini RPG Carcossa Witch Hunt

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by BB_Tensei, Nov 7, 2018.

1. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link

After the devastation of Rye Town by the spirits, the fief's capital Fort Town became the scene of a three day and three night war between the Territorial Lord, Earl Perseus AlGol and the resident Witch Covens, after he contacted the church and they jointly called for an inquisition against heresy, specifically a hunt for witches. They struck the women unprepared, though many commoner women, young and old, perished as well. A week had passed since the Blood Moon, and tonight the blood would be on the streets.

Map:
    FortTown.jpg

Rules:

• Posts in the thread may be only In Character (IC), unless the Out Of Character (OOC) content is separated from the rest of the post by tags. Both IC and OOC posts must be made in this thread.

• To participate, you must have an approved character in the format specified by the registration thread in your signature.

• IC content of posts should be no less than 100 words, and no more than 500 words, unless at least two players are interacting, which adds a bonus 250 words to the maximum.

• Double posting is not allowed.

• The goal of the game is to survive the witch hunt and help your coven achieve its goals.
    • One irl day equals 2 IC hours. The game starts during early evening on the first IC day.
    • An NPC is provided to be used by all players : the Witch Hunter. The Witch Hunter is an extremely powerful individual, thus cannot be defeated until the end of the game. Any encounter with the Witch Hunter will result in a player character either running away, or getting injured. Each player must move the witch hunter to any location of their choice per movement rules, with that location being specified at the end of their post. Any characters at that location will encounter the Witch Hunter, if they post next. Any location containing the witch hunter will not provide score, until he moves away.
    • If a character encounters the Witch Hunter for two posts, or two or more characters encounter the Witch Hunter simultaneously, he cannot be moved for the following two posts. After that duration has passed, the Witch Hunter can be moved again, regardless of encounters.

• Players who participated in the previous Mini-RP in the series can summon their spirit character through their witch. The spirit will the be able to manifest and act as a second character. Spirits can complete missions, but cannot contest territory on their own. Spirits are significantly less powerful outside their domain, and manifest only through the aid of a caster, however they are still more powerful than most commoners and guards, but not the Witch Hunter.

• This game has a win condition; within one month all posts will be scored, based on their total amount, with an additive multiplier for each other character a player's character interacts with per individual post (+ 1 point for every interaction with another player character, per post). The winners will be the top 3.

• Victory cannot be achieved without controlling territory. To control territory, characters of your faction must stay a total of two consecutive posts in an area. After leaving the area, control is reset, unless otherwise stated by mission rewards. Posts must contain the name of the location in a format, such as “Craftsmen, North”, or “Market West” All witches (player characters) of a certain coven should dominate an area by their post score. The areas are marked on the map.
    • Missions are specified below which give bonus points when completed, regardless of success or failure. A mission can only be completed on controlled territory. Notify a staff member (@BB_Tensei, @Kuma Desu) when you have completed a mission.

• Successful missions allow the player who completed them to use their rewards once per post.

• Failed missions can no longer be undertaken by any player and provide no further reward.
    Patch rules:

• All characters can only move to 1 adjacent area per post;
    • When engaged in combat, you cannot move in the same post;
    • Attacking a player character prevents them from moving next post, but cannot be ambushed again until the player makes 2 more posts after the attack. All characters of one player in the same area are affected by this rule;
    • The above rule is also true of the Witch Hunter encounter;
    • Characters now have a limited number of abilities. A character may have 3 tier 1 abilities, and 2 tier 2 abilities. The ability format is specified in the Registration Form in the Registration Thread.
    • Abilities are to be set in two tiers; tier 1 is capable of affecting common NPCs, tier 2 can prevent a major NPC from harming your character;
    • Tier 1 abilities have a limit of 3 total uses, Tier 2 abilities have a limit of 1 total uses.
    • This limit applies to all characters of a single player collectively.
    • 2 consecutive posts in a single area without completing a mission or entering combat will recharge 2 uses total;
    • If you have no spells available to prevent harm to your character, they suffer a permanent wound and lose one ability use out of the total;
    • Missions may only be started after obtaining them from a collaborator NPC in a Slum or Merchant area;
    • Spells recharge upon the end of a cycle (2 ingame hours)
    • Completing a mission requires 2 posts per player at the same location consecutively.
    • Items can be used instead of an ability. To use an item you must obtain or craft it for 2 posts (initiate crafting; outcome);
    • Items are held in the inventory and are crossed out after use;
    • Items can be recharged instead of an ability per the same rule;
    • The GM is free to change the rules at any time. Rule changes will be announced and this post updated;

Area Control Reward:

Due to capturing a significant part of Fort Town, witches can now call on collaborators within any area of the city once per ingame cycle (2 ingame hours, 1 irl day). Collaborators are NPCs, who can perform tasks similar to player characters, but are less powerful, and lack plot armour.

Missions Available:

The town has been closed off. People have barred their doors, and drunkards in taverns are kissing holy symbols, and praying for salvation. Whether friends or foes, the townsfolk ought to know something. Find and interrogate important merchants, tavern owners, isolated priests, and whoever else you fancy.

Rewards: Each interrogation has a chance to add a mission to this list and receive 10 score. After you collect or extort information out of an NPC, roll a 1d10. Upon a result of 7, you have unlocked a bonus mission.

Note: Time limited to 7 ingame cycles (14 ingame hours, 1 irl week). Multiple players can complete this mission solo or in groups.

A number of agents of the invading army are hidden right outside border areas of Fort Town (thus count as in those areas). These await a signal to infiltrate and cause mayhem among the inhabitants. The messengers are beastmen of a vicious character, who hide their animal features underneath heavy clothing. Depedning on your disposition, feel free to kill, negotiate, kidnap, brainwash, cause the retreat of, or send them to combat the church's minions, as you see fit.

Reward: Posts contributing to the completion of this mission in an area containing a harbinger will have a 4x multiplier, after player interactions are factored in. The results of this mission will depend on players' actions.
    Note: Time limited to 7 ingame cycles (14 ingame hours, 1 irl week).

Prerequisite: At least one player character opening a secret passage with the Master Key, OR 4 rounds of combat at the Castle Location.

The next mistress of the Fountain of Eternal Youth Coven has been kidnapped by the Inquisition. She is being held inside the Castle dungeon. She has the gift of foresight and a convenient scouting ability, covering the entire Fort Town. While returning her to her mother will earn you a hefty reward, she herself will try her best to offer different terms for her release.

Reward: 20 score per round of combat per player; 50 score for successful infiltration; Either a medium grade magic item of your choosing, or a strategic advantage and hidden missions.
    Note: Time limited to 3 ingame cycles (6 ingame hours, until the end of Wednesday's round).

Prerequisite: Infiltrate the Temple without engaging in combat. Capture the Catacombs beneath it (as a separate location from the Temple itself).

Thanks to the rescue of our sisters, we have learned of a secret weapon held by the Church inside the Temple Catacombs. It is described as some kind of magic armour for giants, capable of autonomous action. It is said that the holy spirit moving these armours can only be summoned with the coming of light. Either seal these weapons away from our enemies, or use our own means to unleash them for our own purpose.

Reward: Giant living armours x6, capable of autonomous operation or equipping; During Witching Hour, the armours can be corrupted and possessed by any character alligned to a coven or individual witch; If sealed, 100 score total for the player or group.

Upon Failure: If the armours are not used or removed from the game by the end of the time limit, they will enter as NPCs similar to the Witch Hunter, moving separately. A mission will be unlocked, required for their destruction.
    Witches have been safely rescued.There is something hidden in the catacombs under the temple. Not all is as it seems.

Reward: 10 score each for @TiggerBane and @Quaesitor; Information.
    The first messneger recently departed from the castle toward the Central Market, and went all the way to the Central-Western Craftsmen area, before mysteriously disappearing. He carried a letter pointing to an inquisitor safe house within the vicinity of the South-East Gate.

Reward for @Quaesitor : 10 score; Information.
    Mission Complete!

A messenger left the Castle in secret, going toward the South-East Gate, where a fast horse was waiting to take them toward Windmere. Unlike the previous messenger, this one was a female knight, possessing magic weapons. After her defeat, her fate was in the hands of the witches. She carried a message requesting reinforcements from Windmere.

Reward: 30 score total for @Haxagen; The Lord's letter (allows free passage through town gates, and identifies the owner as a messenger of the Territorial Lord); Reinforcements will not come for Fort Town within the next ingame day; Soulstone Beacon (Can be used to track the whereabouts of the soulbound; a bound soul and stone can be sacrificed to summon and expand a spirit domain).
    Mission Complete!

A messenger from outside entered the city from the North-West Gate. The messenger was unarmed and wounded by multiple attacks, eventually captured by a wayfarer witch. He carried a message about an incoming army of monsters and beastmen from the North.

Reward: 50 score total for @Halmista; Unlocks a special mission (prerequisite to weakening the Witch Hunter), the mission will become available with the next update;
    Mission Complete!
    The Inquisition Warehouse has been located. To find it your character must have completed Part 1, or asked a character who has completed it for the location.

The inqusition's agents have brought a number of magic items and provisions that would better serve our cause than theirs. Raid the warehouse, located in the singleton building south of the South-East Gate.

Reward: One Minor Magic or Alchemic Item of your invention and choosing. When used, this item will provide 1 additional score. No rule breaking items, aside from that go wild. Some items might turn out to have an effect on future missions.
    Mission Complete!

At an unknown location in Fort Town, the inqusition's agents have brought a number of magic items and provisions that would better serve our cause than theirs. Follow the rumour mill, capture an agent, or find one of the workers in the Slums who were hired to bring the items in. At least one of these people should know where the warehouse is located.

Reward: 10 score for capturing the Slums OR 10 score for capturing Central Merchant area, where a tavern is located OR 10 score for capturing an inqusitor agent near Central Market; Unlocks the location of the warehouse in Part 2 of the mission.
    Even if the means were bloody, the inquistion's victims were spared their lives, at least. One of the agents of the inquisition carried with him a strange skelleton key. The witch possessing it would find a lot less doors barring access for her in Fort Town.

Rewards: 10 Score and the Master Key for @FuRen
    Guards from every area are sending groups of two or three armoured men and women toward the Central Market and Temple. The Central Areas become a combat zone, and will only score and/or be captured after the guards are cleared away.

Completion rate: 66%. While the most pessimistic scenarios have been avoided, the town's guard has become alert of your presence, and received the blessing of the Divine. For the next two ingame hours (one day), every time you enter combat, your character will be unable to change location for the next post, due to guards flooding in, followed by the Witch Hunter, unless he's engaged in combat elsewhere.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    Silver Snake, Naraku and Quaesitor like this.
  2. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link

In the bedroom of an unfortunate family, I sit on the bed, legs crossed, as the father, wive, and the few children are strewn around the room, in a deep slumber induced by various potions which side effects I am not certain about. Before me stands my Hookah, and I breathe in its vapor which is soaked in various herbs.

Only seconds after I do, my mind seems to leave my body, and I can already see how the boy I am supposed to catch will pass by the house within a few minutes. I pack away my Hookah, and leave the house, slightly regretful that I can not observe my victim's reaction to my potions. As I arrive on the street, I can see the errant boy entering this street, only a few houses away.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    Naraku likes this.
  3. FuRen

FuRen [Lime]

Reading List:
    Link
    The marketplace, a bustling location wherein people gather, either to trade or to converse, and more so for one located right at the center of a city. And among the hustle of the people, a dark shadow lurked within a room of an inn.

"Did you... find him?" A monotonous voice quietly whispered.

"I certainly did, he is currently in a room of another inn, hiding maybe?" A gentlemanly voice said, musing.

"Then... let us go." Following those words, Hyacinth reached her hand out of the room's window.

"Certainly, milady." As those words faded in the wind, a bony hand extended out from the shadows beyond the window and gently tugged on Hyacinth's arm, pulling her whole body out of the window and carrying her through the air.

As she was pulled out, Hyacinth faintly whispered an incantation, causing the light around her to distort, making others incapable of seeing her and the being which pulled her out.

As they flew, the demon, Paimon, suddenly asked aloud, "Why do you always insist for me to carry you through the air? Is it so hard to move on land even with that tool which you call wheelchair?"

But even as he asked, there came no answer. But the demon was patient, and as seconds passed, his inquiry was answered.

"I... hate crowds." Whispering those words, Hyacinth looked ahead with her golden-violet eyes showing a dull light.

Not continuing his inquiry towards his taciturn master, Paimon continued to carry them away and they soon arrived at their destination, landing inside a dark alley.

Pointing his bony hands at the topmost window of a nearby inn, Paimon said, "The target is there, and most likely still awake at this time."

Nodding, Hyacinth reached into her bag and from within came out a wheelchair which is far larger than the bag itself.

She then sat on it, and without an exchange of words, Paimon pulled out a cloak and mask from empty air and put them on, before proceeding to push Hyacinth's wheelchair towards the inn.

Naraku and Quaesitor like this.
  4. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link

"Welcome back." Hearing a soft voice calling to him, Alacris woke up from his deep slumber, he remembered selecting people in Rye Town, around him was a unfamilar place, an unfamilar temple, an unfamiliar voice... but a familar outfit. The fog slowly manifested and surrounded the masked witch who seemed to concentrate a spell through her necklace, held in her right hand. Seeing her, he wanted to see if she was different from the others.
    Her cardinal red robe flittered and two words exited her mouth as she felt the air suddenly disappearing.

"Bow down." The fog dissipated and entered a cracked set of armor, was kneeling in front of her, the helmet stuck to the ground. She took the extremity of her witch robe and inclined her head. Feeling the sudden weight pressing against his vessel, he struggled to stand up and then... a voice echoed.
    "Witch ! How da-"

"Ha, you are in the wrong place to talk, aren't you ? The first you do when I wake you up. It is attacking me. Or... would you prefer to say test or sort ? Anyway... my name is Inpes and. I am now your master, bound to this." Inpes poked her mask, the Mask of the Revenant, her main tool used to spellcast. Seeing this, Alacris wanted to say something nevertheless despite his rage.
    "Quiet. Learn your place. Since you attacked me, I will give you no chance, I cherish my life you see and will give no chance to trash like you. All you will do is... to follow my orders. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less. And..."

The fury inserted into the cracks of this armor forced it to stand up, as a feeble fog seemed to exit through the cracks, the metal creaked ceaselessly until it completely stop. 'I will kill you.' A single thought calmed it and invaved this unstable mind which had now only one goal, to eliminate its obstacle, to destroy it. To crush it.

"Dead people have no rights, after all."

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    Quaesitor likes this.
  5. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link

A man was pinned on a wall of a dark alleyway. Directly in front of him was a huge wall of parchment paper. On his right, connected to the paper, was a huge silver tube with intricate designs carved on it, planted on the ground; its handle sticking up. On his left, a silver pole connected on the other end of the paper was also planted on the ground. A tuft of white hair can be seen from the top of this wall-like outstretched paper. Only the sound of quill scratching the surface of a parchment paper can be heard.

"And you ate your son?" A boyish dark-skinned face peeked out. "This is the first time I heard this story so rejoice for you will not be forgotten."

Ira stood then put her blue quill it near the neck of the man. "It is time to sign your story with your blood. Good night!"

Fear showed in the man's eyes as he tried to beg for his life. She lightly slashed his throat with the quill before he could make any sound and immediately stepped back. Huge amount of blood soaked into the paper then magically disappeared. She then snapped her fingers and the paper slithered back into the tube.

Ira's scroll, named 1001 Nights, converts stories into magic power. But she hated recording commoner stories because it's messy. She had to pour a huge amount of blood on the paper for it to be effectively recorded. For witch stories though, she only needs a tiny drop. She wasn't planning on killing a commoner tonight but her scroll whined and refused to fly because she hadn't been writing any new stories for more than a month now. She was planning on looking for witches at Rye Town two days ago but it was too chaotic there so she decided to go to Fort Town. Not immediately though as she still watched the whole thing from afar.

She sat on the handle of the scroll then levitated.

"Time to find my sisters."

6. Murteeh

Murteeh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

"So, madam. you came here to join the inquisition? but its happened few days ago... and the city hasn't recover from it." The gatekeeper asked a girl whose seeking to go to the fort city.
    "yes, no, not really, I'm Erina from The Rose Knight come to aid children, woman, and the helpless, not those mindless inquistor who persecute innocent people."
    "well, you're late. but welcome to Fort city" the gatekeeper shrugging then returned her pass.
    "*pout* I came here as fast as I can, you know. ah well, Thanks for your good work"
    Erina passing through the gate while gatekeeper stunned of her response.

Now, where should I start...Oh there it is, ten eyes.
    uwaaa, even before going in I can feel the boisterous atmosphere inside, as expected from inn with bar.
    but its still noon, damn them. Well whatever.

"Welcome to ten eyes, can I help you?" a burly man talk to me while he's pouring beer from other side of the bar.
    "Yes, I'm looking for a room, and also , this." I take a green coin with white lily in it from my pouch and put it in the bar.
    His face not changed a bit but I can feel his gaze on me, after a very loong minute, he take the coin and put it under the desk.

"Your room on third door in the second floor. I'll send her to your room to bring your food."
    "Thanks a lot boss."
    Huff, thank earth mother this is the right place. Now, lets rest for a bit until information come.
    *pomf* I miss sleeping on the bed....

After Erina goes to second floor, a guy asked the owner curiously
    "Who's that boss? That's some unusual face there."
    "Ether's friend, searching for witch."
    "Oh, another inquisitor bastard huh, as expected with that getup."
    "hey, she's pretty cute! She's better with me than hunting those witch!" another person in the crowd respond to his muttering
    "No she's mine!!!" "Anot-"
    "DA-- "

Another rowdy day in the ten eyes.
    ========================

OOC:
    I Hope I doing this right....
    Oh, btw which timezone we use for day changing?

7. FuRen

FuRen [Lime]

Reading List:
    Link
    Within a room of an inn, a man with easily forgotten features was busy writing on a piece of parchment.

Suddenly, a chill went up his spine and he hurriedly stood up, scanning his surroundings.

But no matter how closely he looked, he found nothing out of sort.

"Was it just my imagination?" Just as he was about to pin the blame on his recently stressful days, he felt his body turning stiff and incapable of moving,

"Excuse me, dear sir." A gentlemanly voice came out of nowhere, causing fear to start growing in the man's heart.

"No need to fear, simply answer some of our questions and you are free to go. I only wish for you to tell us the location of a certain place."

The moment he heard those words, the man quickly realized what was wanted of him.

"Never! Even in death, I will not say a word." The man spat out, forcefully suppressing his fear.

"I see! I appreciate your bravery." The voice said, with a slightly mocking tone.

"Let us see whether your words hold true." As those words ended, the man felt a cold feeling rapidly encroaching upon him. In the next instant, all demons were let loose within his heart, causing him to quickly break down.

"Spare me! I'll speak, I'll speak!" The man shouted in desperation.

In the next second, the demons were pulled back, leaving the man drenched in cold sweat.

Knowing what he must do next, the man quickly spilled the location for the inquisition's warehouse location.

The moment he finished, the demon went quiet before finally saying cheerfully, "It seems your words spoke true. As a reward, I shall bestow you a quick, painless death." As his words ended, the man could feel his life quickly disappearing, filling him with relief.

Looking at the smile on the dead man's face, the demon mused, "You should feel grateful to my new mistress, had it been before, I would not have let go of your soul." As his words disappeared in the wind, so did the demon from the room.

8. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link

As the boy gets closer and closer, he notices how I keep staring at him at stares back warily. I just wave at him, a toothy grin on my face. Behind my back, I uncork a flask and unleash its scent into the alley. As he smells it, the boy gets slower and slower, until his entire mind is dazed.

I then simply grasp his hand and lead the boy into the building I left earlier. Carefully searching his entire body, I quickly find the letter he was supposed to deliver and hide it within my clothes. Looking at him more closely - I pinch his cheeks to make sure - he is well fed. Makes me wonder why he delivers letters, or if it just pays so well.

But the only thing that matters is that he has a lot of meat on his bones. After all, he really was my target, so I guess it will be fine if he disappears, right? I uncork another flask, this one filled with eggs. As the (not so fresh) air enters the flask, the eggs rapidly hatch and I toss it at the boy. As the flask shatters, the eggs splatter all over him, and from each and every egg one of my grasshoppers hatches. They are a bit different from normal grasshoppers, in the fact that I specifically bred them to eat meat.

The newly born grasshoppers are hungry and tear into the boy without hesitation. If it weren't for the potion I used at the beginning, the boy would be screaming from pain right now. Being eaten alive is supposed to hurt, after all. Soon, only his bones are left, and my grasshoppers scamper under my clothes, hiding from sight.

With this out of my way, I take out the letter and open it.

OOC: @BB_Tensei I finished the Capture Messenger mission.

Naraku likes this.
  9. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    {{ @Quaesitor Confirmed, see Completed list for more information.
    @FuRen next time tag me when you complete a mission. See Completed mission list, as well.
    GMT. I'll keep track of that, no worries. }}

10. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link

To gather the latest information about the town, Ira decided to visit the nearest bar that she could find. She descended at an empty alleyway, left 1001 nights under the cloths and crates, put on the hood of her cloak, and walked to a 2-story building. Datura. A flower also known as the devil's trumpet. Ira liked the owner's naming sense.

She entered the bar and found 5 people seated at different tables. Six, if she included the lady barkeeper behind the counter. They all fearfully looked at her direction when she entered but quickly turned their heads away and minded their own business. The interior of the bar looked cleaner than she expected it to be being it in the slums and all. Ira walked straight to the counter and sat on a stool.

"What can I do for you, boy?" The lady barkeeper frowned as she crossed her hands.

She's used to being called a boy so she was not offended. She actually prefers it this way so she could avoid harrassment.

Ira smiled at the barkeeper. "I just arrived at this town after a long journey and haven't eaten anything. Give me your best, please."

The barkeeper complied and walked to the kitchens.

"You're in a bar at the slums so I'm afraid there's no best in here." She emerged with a plate of soup and bread. "My chef's already asleep."

The soup looked appetizing enough. "This early?" Ira then remembered that the bar was too empty even if it's located at the slums.

The barkeeper scrunched her eyebrows, pulled out a cigarette from her skirt, lighted it, and inhaled. "It's the motherfucking inquisition."

Ira almost spitted out the soup. What a luck!

The lady barkeeper continued. "Two days ago, inquisitors and witch hunters went around the slums and captured innocent women and girls. They killed men who tried to save their families and friends, saying that they were under the witches' curse and only death will set them free. The people are now afraid to get out of their homes at night."

Ira smiled inside. My stay here will be fun!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  11. FuRen

FuRen [Lime]

Reading List:
    Link
    "What shall we do now, milady?" Paimon said, faintly smiling.

They were standing in the balcony of an inn, right outside of the recently dead agent's room, planning their next course of action.

Just as Hyacinth was about to answer, she noticed a disturbance at a certain location in the market.

Noticing that something caught his mistress's attention, Paimon acted without needing to be instructed.

Holding onto Hyacinth's hand, Paimon carried her into the air.

Soon, they arrived at the source of the abnormality and landed on a roof of a nearby building.

From above, Hyacinth could see girls of all sorts of age unconscious and carried by a group of robed men. They were brought into a nearby building barely lit with light.

Curious about what could be happening, Hyacinth covered her eyes with one of her hand and recited an incantation. When she retracted her hand, her eyes took a deeper shade.

With each blink of her eye, the darkness seemed to turn bright and things far away became clear.

Soon, she could see what was actually happening in the building. Various girls were bound in ropes, both the old and young. And within a deeper part of the room, she could see numerous girls forced to face tortures and humiliation.

Seeing such sights, there were no change in Hyacinth's face, yet Paimon who stood next to her could feel a mix of various dark emotion, brewing into something much deeper and darker.

"Would you like me to punish them for you, milady?" The demon said, smiling.

Not saying a word, Hyacinth nodded.

Receiving his orders, smoke covered the demon and he disappeared from his place.

Then, screams suddenly filled the place where the women were captured in, followed by a heavy stench of blood reeking out.

When the screams all disappeared, a stream of women covered in rags walked out dazedly from the building, unsure of what had occurred.

"Your orders have been carried out, milady." Said the demon who suddenly reappeared beside Hyacinth, giving a smile which seemed to reek of blood.
    (@BB_Tensei)

12. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Two witches stand in the dark night from the same coven. "Mycelda I cannot allow your treachery to go unpunished and hence I have taken it upon myself to end your treachery we may be a coven that longs for knowledge but well even we have limits that we are unwilling to pass."
    "What limits? I have not crossed those limits have I?" The witch cackles softly to herself thinking that she has me Adrestia bested.
    "I'm sure you would like to think that but I had a little errand ghost watching you the entire time." A headless man in a dress with eyes rapidly moving all over their body appears before the women.
    "Aren't you a cutey flirting with a witch hunter for knowledge and giving valuable information on the coven over? For such small scraps of knowledge I mean even I wouldn't do that to my master not that I have one anymore." The headless woman continues cackling to herself. "So you see Mycelda you are excommunicae now no coven to protect you and well we will still protect your soul but your life is your own now. Ohh who could that be? A witch hunters agent perhaps come to find a witch oh dear." The headless man continues on with it's mutterings.

One of the witch hunters agents captures Mycelda after a long struggle. Upon her capture a note is left behind by a second agent whom has hardly moved a finger in this entire time.

Dear Nemesis if that is your real name the place you seek is near and yet far to you seek out Jaldaboath for the final clue.

Quaesitor likes this.
  13. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    {{ Confirmed. Add an inventory category to your character and place the Master Key inside. }}

14. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link

"..." Alacris couldn't say a word as his helmet was watching toward Inpes, the smirk that she had would make the rage in him flicker. Inpes sighed after reading some document that she immediately burnt after reading them. She shook her head and smiled at the dear ol' servant that she gained.

"Dear dear dear... I have good and bad news... just kidding, only good ones. Instead of wasting time on searching our target, it seems like they... oh my. The Witch Hunter is coming. Isn't that nice ?" Before he could even ask himself anything. Inpes explained everything.
    "The goal of the Sacred Flame is to eradicate the Witch Hunter and his support, however, we don't know precisely his power so... I have been assigned to test that insightful thing, its power to be exact..." He knew what was going to happen now. And strangely, this time, he was able to talk, he wasn't consigned by what bound her and him.

"...I will be your puppet testing him.." Inpes clapped her hands and the corners of her lips lifted, forming a sweet smile, nevertheless, she didn't bother to reply his words, she didn't need to. After all, he had no choice.

"Oh, by the way... if I die, you disappear since I summoned you. So, try not to backstab me, okay ?" Then, she literally turned her back to Alacris who just lowered his head as he realized that for now, he had no choices but to obey her. After all, he should be coming soon, and soon enough, he will be sent to the butchery, however, if he wants to accomplish his goal... he has to eradicate the Witch Hunter.
    After all, his first goal is to plunge everyone in despair and...
    Considering the witch's attitude toward him. It sounds like helping them is perfect. Shame that he is stuck with her.

Inpes touched her mask and sighed.
    'How unreasonnable was this creature ?'
    She thought. She didn't think that she will summon a spirit with that kind of personality, she is feeling... disappointed.

TiggerBane and Quaesitor like this.
  15. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    "Where could I find this Jaldaboath... Wait a second isn't he the third master of the dark meaning I should find him at the cemetery of the light." The unofficial meeting point within this slum but I have to be quick in meeting him." The lady with the mask covering her face fades away into the shadows matching the landscape and traversing the rooftops as if she was simply a part of the wind.
    "The cemetery of the light aka the brothel of the dragons breath within the North Western Slums. Cute name don't you think missy." The ghostly figure asks the witch.
    "Why are you still hanging around you said that you were only going to observe me until after I dealt with that witch?" Adrestia turns to the ghost and begins edging away from it.
    "Things here seem much more fun than in my bloodied cityscape now don't they so why should I leave after all I have no master or mistress now not even mistress death." The ghost starts cackling maniacally.
    "Stay out of the way please then would you?"
    "As you wish."
    The blind lady knocks on the door. "I have come to receive a message from Jaldaboath so could someone please direct me to them." A slip of paper drops into the girls hand a seal rests upon it. Do not open until tomorrow stamped upon it. "Well thank you I hope we do not meet again soon." The blind lady departs, the ghost returning to full visibility. "Now to go help Saahira el-Fawaz the spirits of my sisters tell me that she knows where some of our unjustly convicted brethren will be. So to the Central-Western Craftsmen we shall catch up with her from there."
    "Your wish will bring me fun."

Quaesitor likes this.
  16. BB_Tensei

Reading List:
    Link
    Central Market - Raided Inquisition House

"Bloody witches!" a ruffian with a chainmail exclaimed, kicking at the bloody remains of a former comrade.
    "Silence, whelp! You are in the presence of the great Bjorn Al Tor," said a short stocky man in priest garb. He had lavish accessories on his neck and hands, his tripple chin bouncing as he spat out the remonstartion.

The man named Bjorn Al Tor was crouched nearby one of the corpses, lost in thought. He didn't turn to face the priest, but his words carried through, as if he was giving him a glare of death, "Father Frederick, last rites."

The Witch Hunter's attention moved elsewhere the next instant, his gigantic form smoothly standing tall up to the ceiling. He had to slouch to fit in the room. Bjorn began to fiddle with his repeating crossbow, as he entered a side room. The priest behind nervously chanted for each bit of flesh inside the room.

{{ The Witch Hunter enters the fray. He is a huge bulk of a man, dressed in white. He possesses with him a repeating crossbow with holy bolts, capable of miraculous effects, as well as holy symbols on his belt, a number of substances that can affect supernatural creatures, and a blessed longsword (+9). He will remain unkillable until the end of the RP, or until a later announced mission has ben fulfilled. This does not prevent a character from fighting him, but it will be at a cost.

Special Rule Amendment: If you fight the Witch Hunter for two posts, ADD BOLD TEXT ANNOUNCING HE WILL NOT MOVE FOR THE NEXT THREE POSTS. }}

Naraku, TiggerBane and Quaesitor like this.
  17. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    "Well that is an interesting way of dealing with a messenger of the inquisition now isn't it Adrestia. It actually looks kind of fun don't you think?"
    "Not in the slightest let us see what they have to say." Looking in the general direction of the young boy being eaten by grasshoppers of some kind Adrestia shivers slightly. "It seems that they may have to be dealt with later on as well but not now more important things are at stake than my own personal pride." Adrestia begins moving in the direction that Saahira had moved whilst pulling the soul of the young boy towards herself from his body.

The young boys soul moves to Adrestia, "So mister do you understand why you died or do you wish for me to explain it to you and don't lie."
    "Witch I understand exactly why I died. Your kind is looking to save their own asses from the flames of damnation."
    "Do you know what was in that letter boy?"
    "I wouldn't tell you even if I knew what was in that letter."
    "You probably would I can be very persuasive after all I know far more than most about what comes next after my touch with death a few years ago."
    The ghost appears next to the boys rapidly fading spirit, "And I know even more than her about what comes next."

Landing silently behind Saahira, Adrestia begins to talk to her "Do you mind if I tag along to help you with freeing those people from the inquistion? Witch from the coven of eternal youth."

WITCH HUNTERS LOCATION: Central Market - Raided Inquisition House

18. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link

Having intercepted the messenger and read the information, it is merely about a location in which some of our sisters are held. I had hoped for more. Perhaps something related to the daughter, however, this is... somewhat disappointing.

But it will have to suffice for now. As I start to make my way towards the southeastern gate, I suddenly hear a voice from behind me. While I turn around, the voice identifies herself as another (scantily clad and good looking) witch, offering her aid for freeing the women.

I muster her for a few seconds, take a few puffs of my Hookah, and decide to agree. "Sure. Just follow me, yes?"

Barely waiting for her, I continue towards the southeastern gate, entering the central merchant area.

WITCH HUNTERS LOCATION: Central Market - Raided Inquisition House

TiggerBane and Naraku like this.
  19. FuRen

FuRen [Lime]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sensing a disturbance in the air, Hyacinth looked around.

"Milady, please take cover." Paimon suddenly said, plunging them into hiding among the forest of buildings.

Right where they had just been, a bulky man dressed in white appeared holding a crossbow.

"Demon..." The man muttered with a frown as he looked at the direction where the pair disappeared to.

Seeing the man and his weird getup, Hyacinth quickly realized his identity, a witch hunter.

"Milady, if you could please bestow upon me your powers." Paimon said as he let Hyacinth down in a dark alley and stood before her.

Knowingly, Hyacinth held onto the cheeks of Paimon's skull and muttered a verse.
    "With my name, Hyacinth, and our contract as intermediary, let loose the worldly chains of the mortal world..."

Then, a crimson magic circle shone on the forehead of Paimon's skull. Flesh then started to grow out of his skeleton, and formed the true features of the demon Paimon, almost exactly like those of a human with blood red hair and pupils.

"Please wait here, milady, I will return to your side soon." Leaving those words, he took out a pitch black sword out of nowhere and flew towards where the witch hunter was.

Meanwhile, Hyacinth was left in the dark alley, slumped down with a deathly pale face, yet still bearing an emotionless face.

"Ten minutes..." Hyacinth muttered, knowing how long Paimon could last in that form.

In the end, she could not accept to simply standing around and struggled to have her fake legs shuffle out of the dark alley.

(NOTICE: THE WITCH HUNTER HE WILL NOT MOVE FOR THE NEXT THREE POSTS)

TiggerBane, Naraku and Quaesitor like this.
  20. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    "Well then don't wait for me I will be right behind you." Adrestia puts on a coat that appears to be a dress at the same time and zips itself up and hides her sword and scales inside of it. "Now to follow." Adrestia continues on from where she was listening to the movements of the witch ahead. "Ahh reckless girl it seems she must be heartbroken though what with her coven's mistress's daughter being missing."
    "The ghost clad in a black dress appears by her side but also not visible to the mortal plain. "Ohh this is something new that I just figured out how to do niffty isn't it."
    "Sure niffty." Adrestia then turns to the witch ahead. "Slow down madam you stand out more than I usually do."
    The Witch Hunter is stalled View post above

Quaesitor likes this.