Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do agree with you that NHS as the young student at Gusu never strikes as someone with secret ambition. But there are certain hints in later chapters which may lead to a feeling of doubt and apprehension.
    There is ample scope of making an interesting character analysis here.
    I'll try to put some spoilers for those parts which make me suspicious of his agenda.
    Till then let's listen to different opinions....
    Oh, another thing! LXC stabbed JGY and wounded him seriously, but it might not be fatal. It was NMJ's corpse that dragged him into the coffin.....

Sandu, Rcyan, chiino and 3 others like this.
  2. Scalysharc

Scalysharc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fiorisi, chiino, YaoiMom22 and 3 others like this.
  3. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    On a different note, have you noticed the role played in this novel by the gossiping among low level Cultivators? The author shows great subtlety in putting these threads of gossip at the right place at the right moment.....

LoveManga and Scalysharc like this.
  4. Chewing

Chewing Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh god, I leave for a bit and come back to a goldmine.
    I loved Wen Ning but I respect him soooo much more after he stood up to Jiang Cheng and gave him the firm verbal reveal. Even if he's timid by nature, he doesn't hesitate in directly confronting Jiang Cheng.
    If LWJ wasn't there, WWX and JC's brawl would have probably gone much, much worse, but there's no way LWJ would let WWX get hurt on his watch.
    Jiang Cheng's anguish and how, like LWJ, he's been hurting for 13 years and learning about the Golden Core must be such a huge blow to him. It hurts extra hard because they were fighting just the minute before

Sandu, Rcyan, Aeli and 5 others like this.
  5. Loverofanimeandmanga

Loverofanimeandmanga Equality doesn't exactly exist.

Reading List:
    Link
    I needs to know how exactly was it explained in the novel on how Jiang Cheng sacfriced him self to save Wei Ying. Which ened up in him losing his golden core. Cause that the number 1 thing I want to read in as much details as possible. At the moment at least.

setsuna3025 likes this.
  6. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    It is mentioned at the end of Chapter 110.

Loverofanimeandmanga likes this.
  7. Loverofanimeandmanga

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank u but I can’t see anything on that page that explains it in detail. I checked dictionary post but it doesn’t say in detail on what Jiang Cheng thoughts / POV about his own sacrifice which is what I what to read.

setsuna3025 likes this.
  8. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok I'll try to MTL it for you.

9. Loverofanimeandmanga

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww: Thank you so much. :blobfistbumpL::blobfistbumpR:

SummerForest likes this.
  10. Taestar

Taestar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I kind of understand how he feels, he already lost him once and lived 13 years without seeing his smile at least, he went through hell trying to copy with wei ying's death.. He knows a life without wei ying in is worse than hell that is why he is super protective and worries about wei alot,, when he asked wan bear if wei has suffered during the surgery, it broke my heart... I feel like whenever wei talks about those painful times infront of lan zhan, lan zhan gets pain in his heart and that even increases his will to protect wei even more

By the way where is this spoiler from I don't remember I have read it

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2018
    chiino, LoveManga, Piesus and 5 others like this.
  11. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    It's somewhere between Chapter 104 and 107...I don't remember exactly.

Taestar likes this.
  12. Taestar

Taestar Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can our amazing translators here translate those chapters when they have time I mean 105 to 110 the actual translation will take years to reach those chapters

13. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about others but in my view it's better to wait a bit so that it can be savoured...meanwhile there will be all those spoilers to satisfy our hunger...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    Loverofanimeandmanga likes this.
  14. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey friends!
    I've gathered my materials, so let's see what light we can throw upon the character of NHS...

Before the tragic death of NMJ, NHS was indeed Qinghe's good-for-nothing second young master who was more interested in arts than in cultivation. For this reason NMJ was deeply disappointed and was particularly angry with him. JGY knew this and fanned his anger by indulging NHS with gifts of artefacts and paintings. NHS thus, unknowingly became a catalyst and hastened NMJ's Qi Deviation. NHS was a clever person and it was not impossible for him to realize how he had turned into a pawn in JGY's hand. This may have fuelled his hatred towards JGY.

Because of JGY's cruel manipulations NHS lost his brother who had till then sheltered him from the harsh world of reality. He had also lost all his collection of artworks which had been previously destroyed by NMJ in a fit of rage. NHS came to hold JGY responsible for all his misfortunes.

His little cosy sheltered world shattered, it was only natural for him to hate JGY and seek revenge. But he took the trouble to plot his revenge secretly and carefully, implicating others and using innocent children from prominent sects as pawns. Here comes the big question-Why take such an extreme path?

I'll put two spoilers here and leave it upon you to seek your own answers to this question...

1. Excerpts from CHAPTER 110 (edited MTL translation)

Wei WuXian said: "The coffin is naturally used to keep dead people, I guess, the original one buried here should be the body of Jin Guangyao's mother, Meng Shi. He came here tonight, just to take away his mother's body and go far away, perhaps Crossing the East."

Lan XiChen was silent, and Nie HuaiSang exclaimed, "Oh, it sounds reasonable."

Wei WuXian said again: "You think that the man who dug the body of Jin Guangyao, how will he dispose it off?"

Nie HuaiSang: "Wei brother, why do you always ask me, I don't know, I don't know?"

After a pause, he said: "But it's ......"

Nie HuaiSang slowly picks up the hair that has been wet by the rain, saying: "I think, since this person hates Jin Guangyao, he should be merciless and extraordinarily cruel towards things that he regards as valuable as his life."

Wei WuXian said: "For example, you can divide the corpse and scatter the parts, just like what he did with the body of Chi Feng Zun?"

Nie HuaiSang was shocked and stepped back a few steps. He said: "This is this... this is too outrageous..."

Wei WuXian stared at him for a while, and eventually he turned his eyes away.

It is just speculation after all, there is no evidence.

Nie HuaiSang’s face looked stunned and helpless at that moment, perhaps it was a disguise. He does not want to admit that he regards others as a pawn, as if their life is nothing, or that his plan does not stop there. He wants to hide his true face and do more things and achieve higher goals. It may not be so complicated at all. Nie HuaiSang is a real pustule that kills cats and puts Nie MingJue as the first person.

2. Excerpts from CHAPTER 113 (edited MTL translation)

Wei WuXian smiled. The Cultivator continued to talk over there: "Speaking of it, this sealing ceremony was quite impressive. Nie HuaiSang did a good job. When he took the initiative to arrange it, I thought he was going to screw it up. After all, he has been the "I don't know" man!

"Me, too! Who knew that he would actually host no worse than Lan QiRen."

Listening to their talks, Wei WuXian's heart trembled. In the next few decades, may be the leader of the QingheNie sect will gradually begin to show his strength and continue to bring more surprises to the world.

@Loverofanimeandmanga here's your treat!
    Excerpts from CHAPTER 110 (edited MTL translation)
    When Jin Ling heard that Wei WuXian and Lan WanJi had disappeared, he rushed out and almost slammed on the threshold of Guanyin Temple. But he couldnt even catch the shadow of these two people. Fairy was happily spinning around him. Jiang Cheng stood under a straight tree in the Guanyin Temple and looked at him. He said coldly: "Wipe your face."

Jin Ling wiped his eyes with force, wiped his face and ran back: "Where are they?"

Jiang Cheng: "Gone."

Jin Ling was surprised: "So you let them go?"

Jiang Cheng said ironically: "What could I do? Ask to stay for dinner? Thank for saying sorry?"

Jin Ling was anxious and pointed at him: "No wonder he wants to go because you are like this! How can you hate this person so much!"

A-Ling! Jiang Cheng screamed: "Is this your tone of speaking to your elders? You are looking for a fight!"

Jin Ling’s head was down. Jiang Cheng’s slap was not on his back, but he was unable to take it back.

He was annoyed: "Shut up, Jin Ling. Shut up. Let's go back. Everyone goes his own path."

Jin Ling groaned, hesitated for a moment, and shut up shyly.

He hung down his head and walked a few steps alongside Jiang Cheng. He looked up again: "Hey, did you just have something to say?"

Jiang Cheng: "What? No."

Jin Ling: "No? I saw you wanted to talk to Wei WuXian, and later did not say anything."

Jiang Cheng was silent for a long while. Then he shook his head and said: "There is nothing to say."

What is there to say?

How could he say that he was caught by the Wens not because he insisted on going back to the lotus pier to retrieve his parents’ body?

In the small town that they passed on during their escape, when Wei WuXian went to buy dry food, a team of cultivators from the Wen sect was about to catch up with them.

He found it out early and left the place where he was sitting. Hiding in the corner, he escaped them but they patrolled the street, and soon after, they ran into Wei WuXian who was buying dry food.

So Jiang Cheng ran out and led them away.

However, just like Wei WuXian, who had given Jin Dan to him in the past and could not tell him the truth, Jiang Cheng, nowadays, can't say it anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2018
  15. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the translation there!
    and I have to say that when Jin Ling asked his uncle "how can you hate this person so much" it seriously makes me go "aww" at him because this really shows and confirms the change in how Jin Ling truly feels about Weiying as a person i.e. he no longer hates Weiying, because if he did, he wouldn't have asked his uncle "how could you hate this person so much" since he would understand the reason behind his hatred because it's mutual. I always seriously love the changes in Jin Ling feelings towards Weiying because you can really see he now sees Weiying in a positive light and he likes him as a person.

I know this chapter was about Jiang Chang but somehow that part about Jin ling stands out to me more lol. Maybe I have already been spoiled and already know what he sacrificed before all this so it wasn't surprising for me. I do feel like what JC sacrificed was voided in the end because Weiying still ended up giving up his GC for Jiang Chang (which kinda puts JC efforts in vain). In the end I'm just happy as long as JC no longer hates Weiying and forgives him in the end.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    chiino, Heroine, LoveManga and 3 others like this.
  16. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link

There's a quote in the last frame of this song video which happens to be the ending lines of the novel. It kinda makes me feel that at least for Lan Zhan it was love at first sight....

17. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    I already BELIEVE, for Lan Wangji ,it was love at first meeting (rather than sight because even if Wei Wuxian was hot, i believe what he truly loves is HIM)
    People always bowed in fear and respect fake or real, in front his sect and especially Lan Wangji, because they know how strict and disciplined they are, how they are "gentleman among humans". They 'respected' Lan Wangji, and seeing his cold and reserved demeanour, they remained as silent and passive as they could be under his impending aura. They dare not be close to him. His brother was probably the only one who really understood him, who shared and talked to him.
    But Wei Wuxian, he was completely a new phenomenon in his life. He was unabiding, was unrestrained, was really friendly and most of all TEASED HIM, LAN WANGJI, HIM. Yet, he was righteous and pure at heart... He probably was one of the few people in his life who gave him such a brilliant smile. Right at that first meeting...
    A captivating person...
    Interested in you, love you, want you..

Probably, but he was just in denial at the beginning lol.

itsthatkidjashyy, Rcyan, Aeli and 7 others like this.
  18. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does this hurt me so much? More than anything in the novel (Ok Lan Zhan's unrequited feelings during the old days plus with Wei Ying's treatment towards him is also very difficult for me to read) this hurts me more then what it probably should. I'm a huge softy when it comes to brotherly love (whether fictional or real), that's my biggest weakness I hate seeing them like this...

Fiorisi, chiino, Heroine and 3 others like this.
  19. Loverofanimeandmanga

Reading List:
    Link
    I am spleechless and have no words to say but thank you for your hard work. I really appreciate it.

Heroine, setsuna3025, vrotki and 2 others like this.
  20. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw on page 4, third bubble it first mentioned how JingYi carelessly said nonsence regarding WY x LZ (maybe how WY is living there despite not being a member of the Lan Sect and LQ caught wind of this) which eventually made Lan Zhan kneel for 3 days and nights for his uncle's permission to marry WY and allow him to remain in the Cloud Recesses. I didn't add this since it didn't fit on the bubble lol

Rcyan, Fiorisi, chiino and 5 others like this.