Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys in here is talking at an incredibly speed that I really can't keep up haha (but it's good seeing how this thread is so lively).
    As for that question about love there, and the kind of love story, I also agree that MDZS has the best love story in terms of developments which shows how much one (Lan Zhan) can love only one person (Weiying)for such a long time, not even death will lessen his feelings for Weiying over time, I absolutely adore this kind of romance and how much Lan Zhan loves Weiying on his end to the point that he's changed so much (for the better) because he loves Weiying, I think him going against his 33 seniors to protect Weiying is romantic. I think his love for Weiying is pure, and sweet. It makes me really want to pinpoint when exactly did he started loving Weiying haha

The best thing I love about MDZS is, really, if you leave out the BL tag, the story itself is well written imo, and even if people doesn't like BL can just love the story as it is, but the best thing to me about this story is, it's a well developed BL story that shows how true their love is, I love seeing how Weiying comes to responding Lan Zhan's feelings I.e. slowly falling in love with him because it's really nice to see that Lan Zhan's feelings and love is being returned in the end where they can finally get married and have a happy ending.

Another best thing is, the author didn't queer baited us and that she actually gave Wangxian a happy ending in which they deserves. I have read a few BL stories on my end , but after MDZS, no BL Story can top Wangxian for me! (y):aww:

There's more I want to say but I'm typing this on my phone so I'll end it here hahaha

LoveManga, setsuna3025, nejvi and 3 others like this.
  2. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are Riki's feelings all due to just Stockholm Syndrome? I think he came to realize the true nature of IM's feelings after Katze explained IM's situation to him and he himself felt it when IM sacrificed himself for his sake. In the end he reciprocated it on his own.

MDZS is really way above just the BL tag. Its one and only identity is that it's a Love Story. I remember the author saying somewhere that the two lovers here are fated for each other. They are indeed. Somehow it reminds me of that strange Korean movie Bungee Jumping On Their Own.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2018
    chiino and Sauling like this.
  3. Cypress

Cypress Eh, what's "outside"? /sinks into bed

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I came know of MDZS through YouTube in February. I fell insta in love with it when I saw the characters art. With WY looking so cool and handsome and but what really caught my attention was LZ’s beauty. After days of googling this novel, watching fanmade videos and going through this spoiler threat I finally decided to read it and got instantly hooked in it.

LoveManga, Koshin, Fiorisi and 4 others like this.
  4. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, indeed, I agree with the whole "way above just the BL tag", and omg, just the whole idea that they are fated for each other makes this pairing all the more appealing to me:aww:, and well the author did hinted it with the whole fate thingy, *cough* whole Gusu Lan *cough* forehead ribbon *cough* :love:(y)

13 years of mourning from Lan Zhan on Weiying's death, and playing Inquiry for 13 years just so he can meet his soul again, I love how in these 13 years, Lan Zhan never give up on Weiying, and I especially love how his long wait was rewarded in the end, not just by Weiying returning but Lan Zhan's love is requited in the end, and when Weiying confessed to Lan Zhan, I can really feel how happy he was when he was hugging him and repeating, each and every word Weiying said, and Weiying reassuring him that his words is sincere, omg.... <3 <3 <3

Not sure if this was shared before, but I found this a truly magnificent piece of artwork! <3

LoveManga, setsuna3025, nejvi and 2 others like this.
  5. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    Right now i'm busy trying to find a way so that @Loverofanimeandmanga can watch ANK without hurting her tender soul...

6. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol i feel a bit awkward discussing it here... And i finally got and opportunity to create my first thread.Let us continue our discussion here @TwilightForest and whoever is interested in discussing about AnK.:cookie:
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/bl-ai-no-kusabi.76660/

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  7. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    @Loverofanimeandmanga, I've gathered some link to ANK in the thread created by @Nyan sempai.
    Hope it helps u!

To me LWJ, behind his cold and righteous facade, is a fiercely passionate and single-minded person. His devotion to his loved one is awe-inspiring instead of being sweet and romantic. It's a warrior's devotion to his true ideal, not a romantic boy's idealistic love.
    That's why even the 33 discipline whip lashes cannot restrain him from standing by his love's side again during the second burial mound siege.

In a way he reminds me of Heathcliff in Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte....

Btw it's never said in the novel that LWJ played Inquiry to summon WWX's soul. But it can be guessed from the circumstances. After all, he taught it to LSZ. Did he secretly hope that WWX's soul would at least respond to the child he had raised?

8. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    According to the sources in Wiki, where it says: "Inquiry for 13 years, waiting for the unreturning one 问灵十三载,等一不归人", while it's never been specifically mentioned that Lan Zhan played inquiry for 13 years in the novel, but if you put two and two together, especially during the time when Weiying was missing during the Sunshot Campaign, Lan Zhan played inquiry to find him, so it's not farfetched that Lan Zhan would play inquiry all these years to see Weiying's soul again. I personally like to believe this is the case on my end.

9. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    LWJ played Inquiry during Sunshot campaign in the anime. In K's translation I didn't find any reference though.

@Sauling , I, too, personally believe that he played Inquiry for his Wei Ying....

10. hiryukaede

hiryukaede The reader that always hunting an unique story~~~

Reading List:
    Link
    Emm,... Can anyone tell me where to listen radio drama S2? the scene when lan wangzi get drunk on second time:notworthy:

setsuna3025 likes this.
  11. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please follow the Forum Rules. Do not Double Post.

12. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, K have yet to finish her translation on the novel, but I was referring to the Wiki page of Lan Zhan's profile.

I'm not sure if this will ever be explicitly confirmed in the novel, maybe it will, maybe it wouldn't, but it can be given the world that they live in, even if you look at the ending for Song Lan, he held onto that hope that, if he take care of Xiao Xingchen soul, one day he might wake up so Song Lan could tell him what he wasn't able to before he died. Looking at this as a possibility, and now if we look at Lan Zhan's strong feelings for Weiying, it is not farfetched for him to (since it is within his character) played inquiry for Weiying for 13 years, in hopes that he will see his spirit/soul again.

And another thing, his brother Xichen did said that ever since Lan Zhan was small, he has always been stubborn, this was revealed when he was telling the story of his parents to Weiying, even when his uncle (Lan Qiren) told lil Lan Zhan there's no need to go see his mother anymore, because shes' gone (dead), but Lan Zhan, despite what his uncle said, he still went back every single month, sit down in the hallway, and wait for someone to open the door for him. Lan Xichen even said that when Lan Zhan grew older, despite he understood that his mother would not come back anymore, that nobody would open the door for him, he still kept on going back there, so yeah, from my understanding in Lan Zhan's character, and his strong feelings for Weiying, and looking at all this put together, even if this will never be explicitly revealed in the novel, I still believe on my end (without a doubt) that Lan Zhan have been playing inquiry these 13 years in hope to see Weiying's soul/spirit again.

Sandu, LoveManga, setsuna3025 and 2 others like this.
  13. chiino

chiino Lady Nie [scheming with my hubby, Huaisang]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know, Jin Zixun is pretty determined to go after Wei Ying. I think he for sure would camp it out looking for the first opportunity. How else would he have all those men with him? It could have just been a coincidence that they were there at the same time though too.

Edit @Cypress I thought about it some more. I wonder how Jin Zixuan would know when to come too. Maybe there is an error on where he is heading? Maybe I should read it again. I'm thinking Wei Ying was heading there early and the Jin Sect knew which day so Jin Zixun knew to be there? Hmmm

14. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank u. I think I was moving way too fast, of course unintentionally! It's good that u explained it all.

15. Loverofanimeandmanga

Loverofanimeandmanga Equality doesn't exactly exist.

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice summery know I’ll shall share my theory’s. 1 Jin Zixun must of found that compass Wei Ying was making and used it to find Wen Ning. Other theory is mother f##ker was eases droping on Jiang Yanli’s and Jin Zuxian coverstions. That’s why he knew Wei Wuxian would be their. Theory to why Jin Zixuan would show up. Jiang Yanli would of been worried so he went in Oder to calm her nerves down little did he know he was going to die.

16. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    The time line is quite confusing here. Still, it is JGY (yes, once again it's him) who told Jin ZiXuan about ZiXun's plans and sent him to his death (at least he expected a calamity to happen). Though later when accused by WWX he tries to defend himself by a play of words....

17. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobokhand:

Here's the link to Danmei Room if anyone wants to just chat about anything BL.

Fiorisi, LoveManga and SummerForest like this.
  18. nejvi

nejvi ~\(≧▽≦)/~

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone callculate when will gdc be full translated by exiled troops? I'm just gonna go in sleep mode until then. :blobsleeping:

19. LoveManga

LoveManga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At their great rate of translations and only K doing the translating it should be approximately August 2019. Of course there could be understandable Real Life reasons for delays that could push the completion beyond August.

So funny, don’t hibernate! Join the weekly chapter discussions. :)

chiino, Fiorisi, setsuna3025 and 3 others like this.
  20. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you noticed how well WWX and LWJ are tuned to each other? It's like they always anticipate each other's moves and thoughts. It showed even before their confession and after confession it's like, Wowww! How they even do that! Then there are those lovey-dovey moments...I won't call it PDA, they are just oblivious of others.
    I'll drop a spoiler of one such moment soon....