which novel made you the most disappointed after reading it and why?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by lynnie, Nov 10, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lynnie

lynnie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just a random qn that came to mind... for me, it was rebirth of the wolfish silk pants bottom... it was one of the first danmei i tried reading. sadly, the plot started going downhill after a while and there were some jarring plotholes

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  2. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Invisible Dragon - why? Because it's invisible dragon

EndBringer likes this.
  3. Cashew Farmer

Cashew Farmer Fastest horse in the land

Reading List:
    Link
    Human Emperor. Too much filler, too much braindead characters praising the MC for proposing plans anyone could've thought of and no actual battle strategies just endless cheats.

4. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Ziavory

Ziavory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. I also read rebirth of the wolfish silkpants...It was so exciting before they became a couple, but after that it became trashy and disappointing.

readerz and lynnie like this.
  6. venu101

venu101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's see a number of novels are there because either they are dropped or seem to lose the essence that made them great or authors heading for unnecessary fan service crap.
    Arifureta is one.

7. hibatsu

hibatsu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually agree with this. It had so much promise but after the ml and mc got together the author went brainless and tried to settle things half-heartedly. Even some of the turning points were summarized in just a few sentences, wtf.

lynnie likes this.
  8. Moontsuki

Moontsuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think mine are a tie between Shura’s Wrath and God of Slaughter.

Shura's wrath was doing so well, so frikin well and then bam aliens, incest, harem, hell heaven, parellel universe.

God of Slaughter started out so well kinda harem but slightly saved by the main lady then bam rapey asshole, and it just kinda lost everything.

EricBannen likes this.
  9. Iroha

Iroha Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everybody Loves Large Chests

Now i’m no stranger to NSFW novels by any means but this novel is so unnecessarily vulgar and descriptive that the sexual parts of the story is just way too hardcore and distracting for me. For example, i’m 30 chapters in just trying to see how the plot progresses and suddenly the novel throws in some fucking hermaphrodite demon raping some masochist succubus slut cum bucket. Like damn, the MC is trying to learn a skill and the author loves to put side descriptions (for no reason) of screaming rectum blasting sex (or the like). It’s like the author gets horny halfway into writing the chapter and just writes out his fantasies while he’s jerking off and quite honestly it frustrates me.

Chapter being mentioned: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/8894/everybody-loves-large-chests/chapter/105223/science-5

10. sawsand sushi

sawsand sushi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm seems u havent gotten to the dead chick and kidnapped dwarf girl tentacle orgy with said demons and a box.

Karyehs likes this.
  11. EricBannen

EricBannen √[To Read or Not to Read]

Reading List:
    Link
    Advent of Archmage... It was going real great and then comes Link who was originally a virtuous person... Later he starts experiments on people(torture) in the name of science...

Castle of Black Iron...
    Too much talk about male genitals and he ends up doing 72 girls in a row... Now which world would have something like that ... Too unrealistic and pathetically gross...

Next is 'Girl, I shall teach you Cultivation'...
    MC becomes an ahole ...

Age of Adepts...
    MC becomes ahole... Kills without care...

The Wizard World...
    MC becomes ahole.... Experiments with people, eats elves, makes skin leather

The Sorcerer's Journey...
    MC becomes ahole...
    Kills people for enjoyment...

Epoch of Twilight...
    MC is ahole... Selfish to extreme...

lynnie, Jellyfish 00 and Meloman like this.
  12. Flashman

Flashman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Top Management. Great novel that is on hiatus and will probably never be finished.

13. Fleighfire

Fleighfire Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shura's Wrath was one of the more recent ones I could remember, dropped it after the mc suddenly became racist despite having every reason not, he hasnt even been raised in the country of his birth for the most part.
    There was also another novel, cant quite recall the name other than its a cultivation story, it seemed fairly decent until the mc decided to take revenge on some lady who beat him by raping her on her wedding day IN front of her husband to be and being horribly smug about it afterwards.

Jellyfish 00 likes this.
  14. NGCleric

NGCleric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Vampire Princess sees a rose colored dream. First part of volume 2 had me interested, second part of volume 2 was garbage.
    Characters made no sense to me, many of them just chose the worst decisions they could think of. Character is killed off (because people are dumb), mc is revealed to be able to revive said character. MC refuses to, because reasons (mainly, the author didn't want to revive the character). Tried to start volume 3, realized I could not care less about MC. I closed the windowed and have wondered why do some people claim that this is a good story.

15. Jellyfish 00

Jellyfish 00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Night Ranger - the ending was been force it makes me cry those who read the novel will understand

Ze tian (way of choice) - the ending is has been force

Once a hero (royal road) - too sad apparently they say the author didn't make it in the surgery operation.

16. Jellyfish 00

Jellyfish 00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think its God of slaughter
    The story and battle is good but the romance... ever since he leave his own world the author less caring about past relationship he might believe it doesn't have any future.

17. Ebonitacocat

Ebonitacocat Waffles

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk if you enjoyed the non sex scenes enough to pay a little for it (like 3 bucks) cause I heard he had to censor some of it for the amazon versions

18. Seren

Seren Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Divine Doctor
    There was good plot, good schemes, good face slapping. But the MC was just... stupidly OP. Stupid because sometimes the plot was all tense; "how is she going to get out of it!!!!???" "Oh cool she came up with an awesome plan and resolved it!!"

And sometimes she'd just *plop* jump into her inner space, completely safe, no way to hurt her ever. Has literally fucking everything in there and ohhhh sweet, it automatically replenishes too.

Which made you think... well why was that first plot point such a big deal? Why didn't she just jump into her space the first time???

19. Jass

Jass Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ayyy, wolfish silkpants bottom is mediocre even by danmei standards, unless you're the type to enjoy mindless face slapping as a whole. And that isn't bad, but it's your first danmei, I don't like that you had bad first impression.

You should try something more on the lines of Founder of Diabolism or Scum villain... by mxtx, Or Guardian by priest, if you're more on the modern danmei

For me though... I guess death mage had a fourth time, just because I expected a lot less busty women and more character driven focus on MC and his adventures, considering the synopsis was like "yeah boi dis guy gonna revenge the FUCK outta his classmates".

20. Yolo Swag

Yolo Swag Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the lazy king. it was full awful, pretty sure this crap is a troll recomendation way worse than ID

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.