Spoiler (BL) Ai no Kusabi

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Nyann, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    Discussion for Ai no Kusabi.

2. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good that you created a new thread here.

@Loverofanimeandmanga, you can start here and continue till 4. I think 1.5 is missing but that won't make a huge difference. The last one here is 1.6
    After that u can move onto the following link

Watch the remaining episodes till 2.6
    Happy watching ANK!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2018
    nejvi and Loverofanimeandmanga like this.
  3. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh i dont have a centralised opinion about it being stockholm syndrome, but i wouldn't entirely say it's not either. Its the general plot device in many yaoi...
    In the anime actually it seems more rapey. In the novel its mentioned it was really pleasurable to have sex with IM. (He was even like a perfect sexroid), rather as 'masochistic pleasure'...
    It wasnt mentioned once that Riki loved him, clearly.
    But it was moving to see an android cold and emotionless to get infatuated or fall in love. And the Titanic ending... But still.. I wish there was more romantic development on Riki's side.

4. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't say that Riki ever loved IM. It's not necessary to reciprocate someone's love with love alone. Riki reciprocated through sacrifice...
    Honestly speaking, ANK didn't seem to be a love story at all. It's a rather difficult sci-fi psychological drama.

Do you think Riki ever loved Guy?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2018
    nejvi likes this.
  5. Loverofanimeandmanga

Loverofanimeandmanga Equality doesn't exactly exist.

Reading List:
    Link
    Bless your souls can we also talk about other related bl thinggs own here or should we create an knew thread for that. Sorry I have to post this here
    once again I agree with everything you said.
    I read most of finder and didn’t like it because of the rape all rape sceance that was in their thats why I said ashamed of myself. Their are other things that really bothered me but, I tried to finish it cause I thought the uke was cool at first. Little did I now I was going to find him eritating later on. seme started to grow me. Over all this was somthing I regretted reading for so long still have the regrets now. BUT NOT AS MUCH AS THAT SHIT ONE CALLED regret of my life I wasted so much time this. It’s actually called SEE YOU AGIAN :blobdevil::blobdevil::blobdevil:THE REGRET IS REAL I COULDNT GET OVER HOW SHITTY THAT ONE WAS FOR MONTHS WARNING NEVER EVER AND I MEAN EVER READ THAT ONE YOU WILL HATE IT TRUST ME YOU WILL HATE IT !!!!!!!!!!!! The other charter deserved some one better :blobsob::blobsob: I STOPPED READING IT AFTER EX BOYFRIEND CAME BACK IN I NEW SOMTHING WAS GOING TO HAPPEN SO THIEIR WAS ONE THING LEFT TO DO SEARCH FORTHE SPOILERS I FOUND OUT WHAT HAPPENED AND WAS LIKE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE THE SEME U END UP WITH SHOULD OF ENED UP WITH SOMEONE BETTER!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    Nyann, nejvi and SummerForest like this.
  6. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it is just said in passing, it's fine. But if it cause the thread to move away from the main title (AnK) in this case, that's called Hijacking. It's frowned upon. Imagine watching the thread to read posts about AnK but get alerts of people talking about other things.

If it's random, please use the Danmei Room instead if you don't want to make a new thread.

Regarding Ai no Kusabi, as we all readers and anime watchers know it ends with a Tragedy. But the veteran fujoshis probably has read fanfics about them, spin off or the ones with alternate endings. There's not many these days, as it's a classic so it's hawt days are over, but I still remember one fanfic that I really liked. Maybe the fanfic readers know of them, the author is Ainzfern and they made a fanfic of the continuation from the ending of the anime iinm

7. Loverofanimeandmanga

Reading List:
    Link
    No worries I noticed that to. And I was one of those main people causing that. Sorry. I just didn’t know what to do about that. Thank you for the Danmei suggestion I’ll probably go on their and use that. I can totally imagine that cause I was one of those people who thought those things before I joined the MDZS thread know I’m just all hyped to share things with people who share the same interests as me.

nejvi and LaDyViL like this.
  8. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand the enthusiasm and I don't blame the people. However, duty calls. Sometimes, people just need a reminder.

Was finding the link to that fanfic I mentioned, luckily it's still up. Here's the link to their LJ, where they posted their fanfic (stop correcting it to fabric, stupid keyboard).

9. Loverofanimeandmanga

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you but I’m afraid to click the 18 years an plus’s Botton I still a year and 2 weeks to young. Do you think it will be okay if I push the Botton? I know I’m reading BL already 18+ and I can’t even push a Botton.

nejvi and SummerForest like this.
  10. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    I must say that when I was talking about ANK I was also worried whether it's right or not. I am thankful for ur guidance and initiative.

nejvi, Nyann, LaDyViL and 1 other person like this.
  11. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm.. The fics does need a mature mind to read, not just for the smutty part but also the intricacies and the theme. It's political, philosophical and meticulous at times. Instead of just writing a continuation from the ending, the author made a whole new world with characters that you can relate and love through their circumstances. It's romance but there's redemption and moving towards a better world instead of just smut.

I'm not going to push you to click that button if you are underage, but as far as I've read it, the stories have deep themes instead of being pure smut like how some other writers wrote theirs due to the Pet and Master theme. Not that the pure smut is bad. Savage's fanfic's smex scenes are very hawthawtstuff. Kids, do not search that. It's sexy stuff.

SummerForest likes this.
  12. Loverofanimeandmanga

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a mature mind I don’t really care for smut it just needs a good story line and healthy relationships. Smut is just a bonus in my opinion. Thank you for explaining the content / what it is about. It sounds beautiful I’m gonna click button.

nejvi likes this.
  13. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    Had a quick look at it. Thank u for it.
    Being an adult way beyond 18 I can understand the intricate theme behind ANK. That's why I said it's not exactly a love story.
    But the anime series is somewhat tonned down and may not be hard staff for an underage.

nejvi likes this.
  14. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry and thank you. I will try not to break the rules. :blobsweat_2:

15. nejvi

nejvi ~\(≧▽≦)/~

Reading List:
    Link
    Ur so funny! :blobpats: This is the first time in my life I've ever seen someone so cute and innocent hahaha

Back to the ank, I've watched it a few years ago and although I've forgot most of it, it left an impact on me, making it unforgetable, and that was the first bl anime I've seen. It's not that I fell in love with it, but it was the first of that kind that left me in tears (as before that I was devoted anime lover of popular stuff like Naruto/HxH/Gintama etc). After ank I found out that I actually love twisted bl stories even tho they left me heartbroken.

16. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Then you should try the link. It's a good story line imo
    Do try out the fanfic if you have the time. Here's the direct link to their AnK archive. There's arcs involving each couple, some are OC couples but if you've read the first two couple's stories, it's actually an elaboration of the couple found in them. Walk Forward into The World is Iason/Riki. To Thine Own Self is Raoul/Katze.

17. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol thats me when i first read my r-18 fanfiction in ao3. I have still 1 month and a week to turn 18 lol... :)'( i am getting old)
    Um... Probably no... From the condition of Slum. They must be just venting their sexual frustration.
    (Even in real life people date just for romantic satisfaction and sexual pleasure).
    Hmm... Not every human emotion can be boiled down to love or hate. In a way its better, as conventionally uke are so easy to "please", its better than them moaning words of love suddenly even after they got raped... (Love starts from the body policy)

18. gideon

gideon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a twisted, psychological drama that until now I still want this to have a HE.. I really bleed for the ML of this anime

nejvi and SummerForest like this.
  19. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai no Kusabi is what typical yaoi started out as: rapes, bondage, and tragic endings. I'm so glad it evolved with the times. Classical yaoi gives me depression.

nejvi, SummerForest and LaDyViL like this.
  20. nejvi

nejvi ~\(≧▽≦)/~

Reading List:
    Link
    Loverofanimeandmanga likes this.