Spoiler [BL] The Demon King Always Thinks I’m Secretly In Love With Him [Transmigration Novel]

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by MonaLily, Nov 8, 2018.

1. MonaLily

MonaLily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    since people wanted more details so... SPOILER!

//EDIT: THE NOVEL HAS BEEN PICKED UP AND THERE'S CHAPTERS TRANSLATED!!!
    LINK: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-demon-king-always-thinks-im-secretly-in-love-with-him/

i typed this out by memory, so some things might not be 100% accurate.

Entry Thread at "Pickup Request":
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/thre...ve-a-crush-on-him-transmigration-novel.76313/

Raw Link: https://jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=3850373

=====================

Characters

(MC) Bai Yang, transmigrated as Xie Ze Tian:
    timid, softhearted wimp, just wants to end this transmigration simulation asap.

(ML) Demon Emperor/Mo Jun, name - Ji ZiXuan:
    the Emperor of demon realm, very powerful, hot af (according to MC). as the title states, thinks that MC has a crush on him (due to several misunderstood coincidences)

(System) Xiao Ling:
    very dedicated system. the voice of reason and logic.

('Protag') Zhou Ying:
    Human, protagonist of the novel. He is the child of the seven stars, very extraordinary and gifted. A threat to the Demon Realm. in the og!plot where he succeeded in cultivation, he became very powerful and advanced to the spirit realm.

=====================

MC comes from a rich family, father is a millionaire and brother is a responsible, competent person. Originally the brother was going to inherit their family company but an accident happened and he is now comatosed. Being the 2nd in line, MC is responsible to take care of the family business, however, MC is an incompetent, soft hearted wimp. So, his father forced him to go through a "transmigration experiment" to nurture/reshape his personality. Originally, MC was going to transmigrate as the 'Protag' (because usually protag go thru all sorts of things and become badass OP very quickly), but an error occurred and MC transmigrated as XZT instead.

XZT is one of the four BIG sidekicks of ML, a bisexual kinky pervert, self-centered, self-absorbed selfish person, typical snob. In the og!novel, XZT is always the one who provokes the protag, but in the end got hunt down and killed by the protag because XZT flirts and messes with the Protag's women.

In the simulation, once your character dies, the simulation ends and you will be transported back. Not able to accept the transmigration error, MC wanted to kill himself right there right then, but is stopped by the Xiao Ling (System). This is because XZT is an important character in the journey of Protag's cultivation, meaning XZT can only die in the hands of Protag. If XZT dies in any other ways, Main System of the simulation will determine this as an Major Error in the Simulation System and will undergo Automated Self Repair. Once the Self Repair start's IRL MC will be in danger and has a 90% of suffering brain death. In short, he can only die when Protag kills Him.

The reason of MC entering the transmigration simulation is to reshape his personality, mainly to nurture MC's confidence. Based on that, there will be daily tasks to finish, which is to flirt with at least 1(one) lady per day. Failure to complete the daily task will result in MC getting tased (as in taser/electric shock). MC is a wimp so of course he doesn't have the balls to openly flirt with people... but MC is XZT now!! he needs to be a pervert XZT is and flirt with every person he have ever met.

So upon the first day of his transmigration, MC is still confused as HECK. he stumbled upon ML looking over the mountains, back facing MC. ML has a very nice looking back figure and silky long black hair so MC thought it's a beautiful lady and went and grabbed ML's butt. ML is shocked (and amused?) so he ordered MC to strip and run naked down the mountain as a punishment.

To speed up the progress of the story and end this simulation quickly, MC decided to (secretly) aid the Protag in his cultivation and quickly reach the point where Protag kills him. yeay. But the demon realm view Protag's existence as a threat, so helping helping the Protag will be a very troublesome thing to do (and keep a secret).

1st step of Protag's journey to cultivation is to gain a very powerful sword (i forgot the name lol). MC then volunteered to travel to the Human Realm to hunt down Protag. But actually, MC is helping the Protag in acquiring the said powerful sword.

Later on, MC discovers that ML is slowly going crazy**
    (where in chinese cultivation novels, intense training and/or undergoing forbidden practices will result in your body unable to control your powers and go berserk/mad/crazy)
    So, MC had this brilliant idea where he volunteered (again) to steal the magical pill from Protag as a cure for ML, but in reality, MC wants to meet and speed up Protag's cultivation progress.

ML started to realise MC is oddly loyal and dedicated to him and "accuses" MC of having a crush on him. Well, originally MC wanted to deny everything (he's a straight boi), but then, in order to have more chances of travelling to the Human Realm and meeting Protag, MC lied and said he "had a crush on ML". ML is actually very narcissistic and "rejects" MC's "feelings", but later on, slowly started to harbor feelings for MC and wanted to ADVANCE THEIR RELATIONSHIP. Seeing his own lies started to snowball, MC then finally said the truth that he doesn't like ML and he is only loyal to him because he wanted power and fame. ML is quite emo for a few chapters later, but then, somehow with his Emperor Logic(?), ML came to the conclusion that MC is a tsundere and wouldn't admit loving ML eventho MC's actions said otherwise.

and thus continues the daily tiring life of MC having to (secretly) protecting the Protag's life, coming up with excuses to visit Protag (in the name of helping ML), doing daily tasks of flirting with people (which caused ML to get VERY JEALOUS), and dealing with ML's non-stop advancing affection.

=====================

TL;DR

MC: FOR ML'S GREATER GOOD, i will travel to the human realm! (but actually just wanted to help the Protag and quickly end this simulation)
    ML: why do you want to help me so much do you have a crush on me or something
    MC: *fake blushes* ahahaha yeah (to have more excuses to help ML and travel to the human realm more)
    ML: I know i'm an extraordinary superb person, so it's completely reasonable you have a crush on me, but you see, i'm the emperor of the demon realm, i don't have time for romance.
    MC: oh ok. i will try to control my feelings then (fake emo)

ML, later, starting to harbor feelings for MC: hey, so, since you like me and you're actually kinda cute, can we get married or smthg?? NONONO. it's not because i like you or anything... it's because i am a good emperor™ and i sympathise with my subordinate getting heart broken... Just helping my subordinate, no homo.
    MC, can't stand ML's advances anymore: i lied lmao, i am a materialistic™ bitch, i only like you for your power lol.
    ML, throwing a tantrum: WTF HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE ME??? THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE??? I'M SO OUTSTANDING?? HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THERE'S PEOPLE WHO DOESN'T LIKE ME???

MC: *continues to secretly help Protag in the name of ML"
    ML, activating his 10yo Emperor Logic: why are you so tsundere lol. you said you don't love me but you are still so passionately helping me. stop seducing me with your tactics, i can see thru them all. tsk tsk tsk, you mouth says no but your actions say otherwise, why are you so dishonest *blushes*
    MC: WTF???????? I DON'T LOVE YOU???
    ML: YES YOU DO.

System @ MC: you don't have to do this much for ML you know... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    MC: i did all that in the name of helping Protag (helping Protag = escaping simulation)
    System: are you sure you don't have feeling towards ML...( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    MC: I AM A SUPER VIRGIN STRAIGHT BOI™
    MC, internally: *million gay awakening calls* *gay panics*

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  2. MonaLily

Reading List:
    Link
    lizabernal96 and Hanaru like this.
  3. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    missycin and Hanaru like this.
  4. Ddragonesse

Ddragonesse 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    So the story is currently at where your spoiler ends? Is it easy to mtl?

5. MonaLily

Reading List:
    Link
    I never tried MTL so i'm not sure? (i'm native chinese) i tried copy pasting some paragraphs to google translate... well, it's a bit weird but still understandable?? But later on the chapters starts to get complicated and there's more specific chinese terms appearing so i don't think MTL can handle that well. and the author also uses a lot of modern internet slang/languages (to make it funny and to avoid censorship), so, MTL probably couldn't translate that since modern chinese internet slangs are mostly innuendos. so... proceed with caution i guess??

(the order of these incidents is a bit jumbled because i typed it from memory lol)
    The story progressed more from where i stopped. to put it in perspective, i stopped at around chapter 30, but currently there's 60+ chapters. and i think the author teased that the story is going to be long.

MORE SPOILERS LOL ==========

During the trip to Human Realm to steal the magical pill, MC got injured and ML is the one who took care of MC. (since ML is powerful so ML gave his powers to MC, but MC gave the power to Protag instead). and then the battle of 'no! i don't love you' vs 'yes you do' kept going on for a while (and ML actually subtly flirts with MC.). There's also incidents inbetween where MC is trying to complete his daily tasks but got caught by ML and ML got very very jealous. While waiting for MC's body to recover, ML treats MC as if MC is going to be the Empress of Demon Realm (stated by one of MC's servant). But well ML's way of showing affection is actually like a 10yo where he:
    1. gives MC lots and lots of treasure / precious stuff
    2. prohibits MC from having /fun time/ with MC's subordinates (as mentioned, XZT is a pervert and often have /fun time/ with a lot of his subordinates) (but in reality MC only flirts to complete daily tasks) (ML is very possessive)
    3. asks MC to move in the royal palace
    4. gave 1/3 of his powers to MC
    Well, being the soft hearted peson he is, MC felt guilty because he kept lying to ML but ML takes really good care of him. However, System kept reminding MC that all these are just a bunch of data and sooner or later MC will leave the simulation, making MC feel troubled and conflicted. and then again, MC went to the Human Realm to destroy one of the four barrier seals, so the people from Demon Realm can easily enter the Human Realm. However, MC got cursed by some bug where the bug will slowly destroy MC from the inside. ML got really worried and offered 1/3 of his powers to MC again. the night later, ML gone berserk and did some smexy kissing to MC. MC panicked and gave back the 1/3 power, which made ML calm down. meanwhile, being kissed so violent by ML, MC is starting to have gay panics and undergoes some /experiment/ with his servants to "test out his sexuality", which.... also got caught by ML and ML throws a huge tantrum again.

The most recent arc is where ML is trying to find the cure to the curse bug planted on MC. MC doesn't really care about the bug since he's gonna die in the hands of Protag anyway, but ML is deeply concerned that MC will die. eventually, they traveled to a mystical town where the town master offers to remove the bug by exchanging (now ML's) magical pill. of course MC objects since MC thinks the pill is the only thing that can save ML from going berserk, but the town master told there's actually another way to help ML, which is by building a passage between two bodies and have ML transport all the dark energy that caused him to berserk to said body. (in other words, ML needs to have /sexy fun time/ with a powerful person which he trusts) (and *ding ding* you guessed it, that person being MC). After some arguing ML forcefully exchanged the pill and MC's curse bug has been removed. Feeling himself owing ML a BIG ONE, MC is actually considering /helping/ ML.

yeah, that's where the most recent update stops. hahahahahahahaha.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  6. colina

colina Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this looks really good??? omg. :blobReach::blobReach:

MonaLily likes this.
  7. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    This plot reminds me of "the target always thinks that I like him" :cookie:

Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine
    @iampsyx @insteadofdeath @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime
    @LaDyViL @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @rainbowturtle @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings
    @UpInTheAir
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro
    @324722

9. Cian-Chan

Cian-Chan Disappearing Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :aww::aww::aww:
    That is so cute and so funny! It still haven't finished so we don't know if there are tragic events. But seeing the spoilers, I think this is another sweet story.
    Usually, if you secretly want to help the protagonist (so he can kill you), it's the protag who will suddenly notice and then he will think that MC likes him. I think protag will be ML's love rival.
    That's only what I think though. So far, it's because MC is doing things in the name of 'helping' the demon emperor. So we have the demon emperor as our ML instead of Protag

10. veihakase

veihakase [Lurker in BL Hell]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooh Is this fluff? *v*)/

Sankyuuu

midnight reader and MonaLily like this.
  11. MonaLily

Reading List:
    Link
    up to this point, it's very fluffy. VERY. especially at the later chapters where ML looks after MC, it's like ML straight up pampers MC. But the author did tease about some angst tho.

LokaLari, Boinkers, wraven881 and 3 others like this.
  12. Enrix7447

Enrix7447 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Hanaru

Hanaru comfort me

Reading List:
    Link
    >w<
    more spoilers pleaseee!!!
    why itz not completed again!!?!?!??!

14. MonaLily

Reading List:
    Link
    i just read the latest chapters and holy shit. to put it in short: they porked and argued like a old couple. MC finally admits he likes ML back. also, ML is a sneaky little bastard.

MC told ML that he will /help/ him when the time comes, as a thanks to ML helping him removing the bug. MC is really grateful to ML and wanted to repay him. Just as they leave, ML suddenly told MC his powers are getting out of control again and NEEDS /HELP/ NOW. MC is super shocked and awkward 'cause they just left the mystical town and is OUT IN THE WILD, like there's trees and bugs and stuff, so MC hesitates. but then ML found a cave and they do the do. MC kept telling ML that "don't you dare move when you go in" (because building a passage and transferring the dark energy doesn't require movement apparently, lol) but ML is a beast and did not show mercy. MC passed out half way because it hurts too much (and ML's technique is poor).

waking up, MC is angry at ML. "YoU SaiD yoU wouLdn'T MoVE!!11!" but ML is like "you're so cute i can't help it". MC got even angrier when ML tell MC "i forgot to build the passage because it felt too good" (in reality ML saying he's getting out of control earlier is just an excuse to pork MC. ML you sneaky bastard). MC feels like ML took advantage of him and he got porked for nothing. MC throws a big tantrum and actually wanted to fight ML. after arguments later, they decided to go back to the Emperor's Palace. Midway, MC went for a bath in a lake (to clean up lol), ML follows. this time however, ML suddenly lost control of his powers (for real) and nearly destroyed the lake. After some internal conflict, MC voluntarily wanted to /HELP/ ML again. it still hurts like hell according to MC. after the /smexy time/ MC admits to the System that he likes ML back, but is troubled because he knows he will return to his IRL world sooner or later.

Meanwhile ML is very happy because he gets to pork MC twice in a few days.

i don't think my summary can do the original story justice because the original text is written in a really funny way. The whole feeling reading it is just like ML is a huge sad puppy who got scolded while MC is like the angry girlfriend. ML trying to get on the good side of MC and ask MC to forgive him but MC is just pouting and throwing (cute) tantrums. (even the original text got censored so there's so actual /smexy/ text)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  15. MikotoP

MikotoP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What does ML do when he gets jealous before and after he gets together with MC?

16. MonaLily

Reading List:
    Link
    well, they actually never /officially/ get together back then, just ML one sidedly think they are together while MC just thinks ML treats him real good so he wants to repay him.

while MC was in ML's palace, a servant of ML once seduced MC. they got caught red handed and ML ignored MC for days. and later ML prohibits MC from having /fun time/ with anyone. ML even sent a servant to MC's place "watch him over" after MC moved out of the palace.

during the time where MC questions his own sexuality, MC asked some male servants to do some "experiments" (lots of chest touching). ML later discovers that and ask MC to "redemonstrate" whatever the servants did to MC to himself. (like roleplay, ML as MC and MC as servants) MC feels very awkward and ML blushes like a mad man.

yeah, ML is very possessive lol, but in a way like a huge puppy wants MC to only look at him. i think it is because it's ML's first time being in a relationship and ML is the emperor - he is used to people using him and faking respects. that's why ML is shocked, amused, and even touched that MC did so much for him (even tho that's not MC's intention)

( also p/s: that's why i think the possible angst (if there's any) starts where ML discovers MC's real intetntion and feel betrayed)

17. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh hey, the case of MC digging a pit for himself lol~, I wonder if Protag would end up liking him too, maybe makes things all complicated then ML goes yandere mode and asks MC's 'honest body' for the 'truth'. mmhmm.. *brain hole just flew off~*

18. zuzujae

zuzujae Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i came here from the pickup thread~
    thank you for the spoilers!! i can finally introduce it to my friends now :aww:
    i think what i enjoy most from this novel is that it's really funny. there's a lot of modern internet slang in it. and there's this running gag where MC doesn't really know how to flirt with people so his flirt lines are always "wow, your skin is really smooth~". he used this on every single person he ever flirted with, except for ML:blobrofl::blobrofl:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    LokaLari, Kleep, Boinkers and 6 others like this.
  19. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    My friend has started translating. I am helping. The first chapter should be up in a few days. They do not have an NU account so I will have to post for them or a mutual friend. :love::love::love:

I told them I would write the announcement post so please show your support in the thread and leave some comments on the website when it's released. Not yet sure if its just a teaser or they will take up the project. It probably depends on whether they like it or not, lol. (y)

20. MonaLily

Reading List:
    Link
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! :aww: If there's anything, i'm willing to help!!!
    I LOOK FORWARD TO THE FIRST RELEASE :blobReach:

readerz likes this.