Piss off the wrong person your identity will be up for auction

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dahksahna, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Dahksahna

Dahksahna Kah rahna Dahksahna hahla

Reading List:
    Link
    I've worked at a collections agency for credit cards for a few months, the customers I got where downright horrendous. The question is, are you aware that we have your address, social security number and bank account information on screen when we call sometimes even your debits card numbers exp date and the digit number at the back, you do realize if you piss off the wrong people we can just sell the information online, so why is that most of the time y'all are so rude? I am seriously confused by this.

Beltran and prongsjiisan like this.
  2. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    I should'ave a few people working at collection agencies then. Quite a good thing it is, it seems.

3. PoopyDoopy

PoopyDoopy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aparently, laws. If you are busted, you are basically fcked up.
    At least on my country. They don't joke around with these type of things.

ughughugh likes this.
  4. Asdq

Asdq RSS FEED SECT! I WANT YOU FOR THE RSS ARMY!

Reading List:
    Link
    Whatever, hacking the shit system of the government, kids get acess to info of all people and doxx you for any reason. Of course, they need of my full name and birth day. Take care!

Edit: Hacking is very rude, the people inside the government sell accounts or are hacked by spam emails.

5. venu101

venu101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Umm don't do it is my advice to you because that will get you in good trouble.

6. Skoll028

Skoll028 Member of DivineDaoLibrary

Reading List:
    Link
    I've worked a similar job before, and all I can say is that in the U.S. at least, we were required to sign a NDA, and that if we were found carrying out, selling, giving away, etc. any customer's info, not only were we fired, but we would also face quite a long time in prison plus fines.
    IDK if that's the case in your country tho.
    That aside, people can be rude in general, all you can do is brush it off, and move on.

PoopyDoopy likes this.
  7. dweenator

dweenator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because its too much of a hassle just to do all that just because someone pissed you off.

Also, this saying can be flipped over. If you sold someone else's information and for example's sake you sold the wrong person's information. You might just get your ass killed or sent off to mexico for god knows what.

PoopyDoopy and 01 like this.
  8. Ak0w

Ak0w Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A little off topic but I’m currently trying to collect on a loan and am thinking of using a collections agency. Any tips, suggestions or things to watch out for?

9. JadeWhiteSkin

JadeWhiteSkin please rescue~

Reading List:
    Link
    this post kinds urges me to try and piss of some of those guys to the best of my ability, maybe they are foolish enough to actually do that?

seriously they wont gain anything from that, how is that gonna damage the customer? the only person who gets damaged is the agent selling that info. Why do you think thats something people should fear? I am seriously confused by this.

10. Dahksahna

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah got it we signed an nda saying we can't discuss the info they really need to update the contract so many loopholes that can be exploited I love in a country where to gov does not monitor anything unless your trafficking and no cctv cam around every corner so basically if you have the means you can pretty much get away if you don't attract their attention

11. LeakLeaf

LeakLeaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well you know that law exists to protect those things if you just do that it becomes a crime and face punishment, not light ones cuz those type of things can't even be joked about

12. Vudoodude

Vudoodude Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Selling one's information sounds like a pathetic threat. If you're going to do something illegal, assaulting someone, stabbing them, or straight up shooting them is much more imposing.

13. Eklair

Eklair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you'd take the time to sell all that info just cause someone pissed you off then you're a sad person indeed. Too much work for me.

14. Dahksahna

Reading List:
    Link
    Nth much there but most likely they will try to milk as much money from you as they can, read all fine prints I mean everything at the company I worked if you miss a payment your min due increases just try not to be late, if you do stay long enough on the phone with an agent, and you could probably work things to your favour people rarely have the patience for this as we were trained to talk circles around them, as required by some us laws they have protocols in place to protect y'all but most of the time people don't really listen

Ak0w likes this.
  15. JadeWhiteSkin

JadeWhiteSkin please rescue~

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe Great Brittian?

Srsly wtf I dont even work at bank stuff, but I had to sign 80 something pages + 4 pages + 20 something pages + 1 page of stuff (i didnt really read it so idk what was said instide) and you are just not allowed to discuss it? Are you sure? o_O

16. PoopyDoopy

PoopyDoopy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Diablos señorita, then go and have as much fun as you can.

17. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't matter I'm using fake ID. So some of creditor always sell that info.. But I always answer in polite manner. Never has any prob's with collector as far as I remember.

18. Dahksahna

Reading List:
    Link
    It was 3 paragraphs on sheet of paper most of which were just regulations of the company, I try to understand what am signing before I sign

JadeWhiteSkin likes this.
  19. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you looked into the agreements you signed when you started working there? Sure, you could put that information online, but it would be mutual destruction. You'd open yourself up to prosecution. This is in addition to a variety of other legalities outside of agreements required to cover the companies' asses that deal with such fiscal and personal information.

20. Dahksahna

Reading List:
    Link
    Away easier than you think as least on my end many people would pay for info all you have to do is memorize most info, find a middle man you good the buyers don't know you, you don't know them I no paper trails, no nothing. Its just that the buyer would want more info and when you don't give...ha good luck...I just wanted to know if y'all knew the risk...but y'all think it's pretty safe lol not really it's just that most people just don't really bother. I've heard things like these happen a lot, info was stolen, police can't prove shit, people get away scot free, they don't keep info digitally and the info keep moving so the police can't really track it